• Published 8th Aug 2019
  • 1,379 Views, 53 Comments

The Three's Redemption - Melody Song



Grogar is holding powerful ponies captive. A draconeqqus, a dragon, and a bunch of stallions are their only hope. Or are they? The minions of Grogar are contemplating their decisions.

  • ...
3
 53
 1,379

With the Mares

Twilight was starving. And so were the other ponies in the cage. The bars were close enough together that even the Cutie Mark Crusaders couldn't slip through. Twilight and Starlight, despite Daring's warnings, were still trying to get their magic past the Horavian Unichain, while Cadence had given up, and was pacing around with worry. They had taken Flurry Heart away, to another room, and Cadence was worried about what they could be doing to her child. Fluttershy and Mage Meadowbrook sighed and stepped away from Daring, shaking their heads.

"I'm sorry Daring, but without any supplies, we can't fix your wing and foreleg." Mage Meadowbrook said apologetically. Daring winced in pain, though she tried to seem like it was okay.

"That's alright, you did your best." Daring said, then reached out with her uninjured foreleg and grabbed her saddlebag. "I don't normally have medical supplies, since I can make a splint out of a branch and some vines if needed, but I do have something else." Daring pulled a bottle out of the saddlebag.

"Is it alcohol?" Spitfire asked pleadingly, rubbing her temple.

Surprise had begun asking Spitfire how she was so sure about them being rescued, making her want some whisky. Spitfire had a high tolerance for alcohol, so just a few sips wouldn't hurt. If that was what Daring was holding, anyway. Daring rolled her eyes.

"No. It's the nectar of the Eternal Flower, diluted and mixed with dust from the Crystal Sphere of Khumn. Instead of granting immortality, it provides you with pain relief." Daring said, uncorking the vial and taking a small sip.

"Where did you find that?!" Twilight asked, as Daring visibly relaxed, breathing a sigh of relief.

"It was a gift from Duchess Precepita in thanks for reuniting her and her lover. I didn't add it to the book because Duchess Precepita didn't want me to tell any pony where she got it." Daring explained, putting it back into her saddlebag.

"When did that reunited love happen? You never do that sort of thing." Twilight asked

"It wath in Daring Do and the Forbidden City of Cloudth. It wath the whole reathon Brumby Cloverpatch agreed to take Daring up to the Hidden City." Fleetfoot reminded Twilight, her lisp coming as a slight surprise to Daring, but she didn't care.

"I thought you read my books." Daring accused, seeming a little hurt that Twilight didn't remember.

"W-well, it's been a while. I haven't had much time to read them lately." Twilight said hastily, and Daring rolled her eyes

"Sure. Anyway, does anyone have a plan to get us out of here?" Daring asked

"I wish. I want out of this horrid dungeon, it's wrecking my mane." Rarity said

Rainbow had stood up and backed towards the wall. Rainbow launched herself forward and rammed into the bars headfirst, shoulders knocking against the bars. Rainbow stepped back, dazed, stumbling backwards.

"That didn't work." She said faintly, before collapsing beside Spitfire and Fleetfoot.

"Why ya thought it would is ridiculous." Applejack muttered. As Daring opened her mouth to defend her sister, Spitfire beat her to it.

"Hey, at least Rainbow's trying, I don't see you offering any suggestions for how to get out of here." Spitfire snapped, and Daring smiled, glad her sister had good friends who were ready to defend her, even if it was from her other friends.

"That's 'cause I know it's pointless. Those bars ain't gonna break." Applejack shot back, and Spitfire stood, growling

"Both of you, calm down. We may not be able to get out, but Spitfire was right before. Shining Armor will have noticed Cadence and Flurry are gone, the same goes for Spike. And the stallions on your team, Spitfire. They'll come, we just need to wait and be patient. However long it may take." Twilight reasoned.

The two mares sat back down, Fleetfoot leaning into Spitfire, whispering something that calmed her down. The mares in the cage gazed around at the room they were locked in. At one point, Queen Chrysalis entered, and Twilight gasped.

"All this time, you three were here? That's why you haven't been seen?" Twilight asked, and Queen Chrysalis laughed

"Oh, we've been seen. Ever wonder why your friends acted so weird on that little 'camping trip' you took?" Chrysalis asked

"Wait, the whole reason we were fightin' over not doin' stuff the others said we did was you?" Applejack asked

"Yes, of course it was me!" Chrysalis cried, shoving her face at the bars, then retracting it, pacing. "I used the hairs I plucked from your manes-disguised as that silly photographer, of course-and then cast a spell to make duplicates of you. However, it seemed they were the opposites of you, and my plan to have the Elements of Harmony under my control failed. The duplicates were destroyed by the tree. If that fool Sombra hadn't destroyed the Elements, I could have gotten another chance." Chrysalis snarled, and Starlight gasped

"Sombra? He was Grogar's doing too?!" she asked

"He summoned us all here, did you think we simply stumbled upon him?" Chrysalis asked, then stalked out of the room.


Tirek and Cozy Glow were pacing around in a room, waiting for Chrysalis.

"There you are, finally, let's get this meeting started." Cozy Glow said as Chrysalis entered the room.

"Sorry, I was taunting the hostages." Chrysalis hissed

"Whatever. Here, I brought you some food." Cozy Glow slid a platter of cupcakes to her, and Chrysalis gobbled one down.

"Thanks." she said begrudgingly, and Cozy nodded

"Anyway, we've got to figure out how to hide Grogar's Bewitching Bell better. Every time Grogar gets near our hiding place for it, his necklace thing glows. He's going to figure it out eventually." Cozy said, and Tirek sighed

"We might as well just hand it over and say we went back to Mount Everhoof to retrieve it after we failed the first time." Tirek grumbled

"No! We said we'd backstab him together, so that's what we'll do. Besides, we all agreed that he'll be too powerful to overthrow with that thing." Cozy Glow objected, and Chrysalis nodded in agreement.

"I propose we keep it moving in our different rooms, that way Grogar won't be able to pinpoint it's location." Chrysalis suggested, and Tirek and Cozy Glow murmured agreement.

"Very well, now that that has been settled, on to the next reason for our meeting." Cozy Glow said, then jumped forward "Do it again!" she cried to Chrysalis, who smiled and transformed.

"Ooh, I'm Princess Twilight. Friendship is Magic! I'm so dumb I was outsmarted by a foal and didn't know it until a centaur told me!" Chrysalis mocked in a voice similar to Twilight's. Tirek and Cozy Glow burst out laughing, the tiny filly falling onto her back and rolling around on the table.

"Gets me every time!" Cozy giggled, as Chrysalis transformed back.

"Yes, it's very entertaining." Tirek added

"Glad I bring such joy." Chrysalis said, she had transformed into Pinkie Pie.

Author's Note:

So, yeah, that's how the mares are doing. Some are driving each other up the wall, others are tired and hungry, and one is injured. But never fear, their Knights in Shining Armor are on the way! (no pun intended)

~Melody Song