• Published 8th Aug 2019
  • 1,350 Views, 53 Comments

The Three's Redemption - Melody Song



Grogar is holding powerful ponies captive. A draconeqqus, a dragon, and a bunch of stallions are their only hope. Or are they? The minions of Grogar are contemplating their decisions.

  • ...
3
 53
 1,350

The Mares are Gone!

Soarin yawned and stretched, looking around as he sat up in bed. He was in the Co-Captain's private room, and glanced around. Rainbow had been asleep beside him the night before. The mare had dozed off while they had been having one of their usual long talks. Soarin smiled as he recalled the way she'd snuggled against him in her sleep. Soarin loved her so much. Rainbow felt the same way, and they'd been dating since they'd confessed to each other. Now, as Soarin looked around the room, he didn't see her.

"Hmm, maybe she got up early and went to go hang out with the other mares." Soarin thought, then got up and began to get ready. "Wait." He froze as he realized something. "Rainbow hates waking up early, where is she?" He then left the room, walking down the hall to the Captain's private room.

Soarin peeked in, expecting to see Spitfire and Fleetfoot cuddling in bed, or maybe even making out. But the bed was empty, the blankets neatly made. The mares had fallen in love a week or so after Soarin and Rainbow had confessed. This was due to a trick Fleetfoot had pulled, getting Spitfire to kiss her, and the fiery mare had realized she was bisexual. The two were now dating and sleeping together every night, but if they weren't in their room, then where were they?

Soarin looked in the mess hall and locker rooms, finding both empty. Then, he checked the sleeping quarters. The only occupied beds were the stallions' beds. Soarin knew he had to tell them.

"Guys?" he called softly. Rapidfire rolled over in his sleep, and Sky Stinger let out a loud snore. "GUYS." He called again, a little louder, but still nothing.

Soarin rolled his eyes. Both he and Spitfire had been taught by the old captain and co-captain before assuming the roles themselves. Both knew how to be loud enough to demand attention, Spitfire was just the only one who put it into practice. Now, he needed to do the same.

"Attention! I want to see a straight line and I want to see it now!" Soarin yelled at the top of his lungs, startling the stallions so much they sat straight up. Thunderlane and Wave Chill even fell out of their beds.

"What's going on?" Fire Streak asked, while his twin, Lightning Streak, seemed in awe.

"Whoa, Clipper, I didn't know you could yell like that, for a second I thought that Spitfire had just shouted in a deep voice." Lightning Streak gasped, and Rapidfire nodded.

"Why did you do that?" Silver Zoom asked

"The girls are missing." Soarin said

"What?!" the others shouted

"Are you sure they're gone? Surprise, Spitfire, and Rainbow are big pranksters, maybe they got the others in on something, and they're all hiding?" Wave Chill suggested, but Soarin shook his head.

"Those three wouldn't do something like this without showing themselves by now. They're not ruthless. Besides, if they were hiding and saw us going into a panic, they'd reveal themselves so we don't worry." Soarin objected

"Yeah, I think you're on to something." Fire Streak said slowly, and Soarin nodded.

"We could to go down to Ponyville, it's possible the mares went down there, and just forgot to leave a note." Silver Zoom suggested

"And if they didn't?" Thunderlane asked, he had been very silent this whole time, but was worried now, after listening to Soarin's explanation.

"Then Princess Twilight may know where Rainbow Dash is." Soarin replied, and the others nodded.

"I don't know Soarin, this seems weird. Maybe we should wait for a little while." Thunderlane said

"Why?" Soarin asked

"Well, maybe they're just trying to mess around with us, they probably think they're being funny." Thunderlane said

"Or you're just scared." Lightning Streak teased

"Thunderlane, the mares could be in danger, we need to check Ponyville and see if they're there." Soarin told him

"I'm still not buying it." Thunderlane insisted. Soarin turned away, heading for the door.

"I don't care if you want to join me or not, but I'm going down to Ponyville. Come with me if you like, but I'm not waiting and hoping they're just being funny. I'm telling you, they'd never do this, they wouldn't scare us on purpose." Soarin said over his shoulder, then trotted out of the room.

Soarin knew he was being harsher with them than usual. He wasn't hearing out their opinions and trying to come to a more reasonable solution. But Rainbow was missing, and she could be in danger. As much as she bragged about being so tough that nothing scared her, he knew she was just pretending. Soarin had seen her cower at thunder. She'd cuddle against him after nightmares and hug him tight when Spitfire told scary stories in the rec room. Right now, she could be scared or in danger, and Soarin had to make sure she was okay. Even if it meant upsetting the others.

"Wait!" Somepony called. Soarin had made it to the door, and was about to push it open, when he heard hooves pounding on the cloud floor. He turned to see the other stallions running up to him.

"We're coming with you." Rapidfire panted

"Yeah. I'm sorry I said trying to find them was silly, I just didn't want to get wrapped up in one of those crazy adventures Rainbow and her friends always go on." Thunderlane said

"But we're ready to help. we care about those girls, and we need them back, even if some of them drive us crazy sometimes." Lightning Streak said, and Soarin nodded

"Thanks guys, I'm sorry too. I shouldn't have been so harsh with you. I'm just worried about Rainbow." Soarin sighed, then realized what he was saying. "U-uh, I mean, all the girls, n-not just Rainbow." Soarin stammered

"Ooh, Soarin and Rainbow sittin' in a tree." Rapidfire said, smirking

"Shut up Rapid, what about you and Misty Fly?" Soarin snapped

"W-we're just friends Clipper!" Rapidfire exclaimed, but he was blushing.

"Stop it guys, that's not important right now." Silver Zoom said

"Yeah, we need to find the girls." Fire Streak added

"Right. come on guys, let's head down to Ponyville." Soarin said, and they took off, heading down to the town below that bordered the Everfree Forest.

Author's Note:

I am revising this story now that I have some experience on the site. Just so you know if you added this to your reading list. Again, this takes place after the episode Frenemies

~Melody Song