• Published 24th Aug 2012
  • 731 Views, 13 Comments

Eye's of the Dead - DiscardedHope



Eye's of the Dead is about the past of Ian; Kione, Radnoen, and Frostbite Rune..

  • ...
 13
 731

The Escape to Equestria... or not

Frostbite Rune couldn’t get over all of the bad memories stored inside his head. He tried many ways to relieve the sorrows he kept bottled up in his heart and mind, but none of them worked. The best way for him to relax was to take a journey to Equestria. He have been planning to go for a long time, never knowing when he would really leave. The chance came when a letter from a courier ship came to his doorstep. The ship's captain sent him this letter saying that he is welcome to sail for free, because he was very much appreciated for the favors Frostbite Rune has done for him. He had shown him what to truly believe in. He had long sought this opportunity and accepted the invitation. The main reason for his departure was for the easing of his more painful memories, and mainly for experiencing a new land with wonderful opportunities to change his life. He decided to leave the camp the next night so he could pack his saddlebags with his belongings. He couldn’t wait to get to the wonderful land of Equestria. His mind raced with ideas of what he could be for himself and not what others decided for him. So he leaped onto his bed and laid down. It was hard for him to sleep because of his anxiety. Sooner or later, he surrendered to the fatigue that suddenly filled him and fell asleep softly.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Frostbite stood before the vessel he was sailing to Equestria on. He took in all the details of the ship, noting the dual masts and sturdy design.


“Is everything ready for my departure?” Asked the jittery blue unicorn, "I cant wait to see Equestria, and get away from this madness!”


“We're just about ready, son” Said a voice as a red stallion pegasus flew down before Frostbite, “All we need to do now is to put you in and we are ready!” The Unicorn smiled at him.


“Thank you, you have been extremely helpful on this project. I hope you find your sanity in this barren land.” exclaimed the unicorn while glancing at the rows of dead trees, dried up and fruitless dirt, and the dark and hazy sky.


“No problem! Just hop on board and lets get you out’ a here!” Said the red Pegasus as he jumped up and flew towards the ship. Frostbite followed behind slowly, looking at the ground he would never see again. A bit of guilt crossed his mind, but was drowned out by his excitement and joy. A loud *boom* rang out suddenly. This frightened Frostbite, so he picked up his head and looked into the direction of the sound. He stopped suddenly, letting his jaw hang from his mouth as he gazed upon blazing inferno that now covered the majority of the ship. Screams could be heard as ponies went diving off the sides of the ship into the water below. The flames continued to roar hungrily and engulfed even more of the ship, as if the screams intensified its insatiable desire to burn all in its path. Some ponies were stuck inside the ship, doomed to be reduced to nothing but piles of burnt remains. A few moments passed and the screaming and roaring continued, until a second, larger explosion shook the vessel once again. This time, not even the sturdy galleon could handle the explosive force of the blast, and the charred and broken skeleton of what was once a proud sailing vessel sunk beneath the waves. Amidst the flying wood and metal debris shook apart from the ship were the bloodied and gory remains of ponies who were unfortunate enough to be caught directly in the second explosions path. The mangled body of the captain landed right in front of Frostbite, causing him to turn away in horror and disgust. He stood there awestruck, paralyzed with terror as he gazed upon what little was left of the vessel he was about to embark on.


“HELP ME!” A voice appeared behind Frostbite and he turned quickly to notice a turquoise earth pony on the ground with his two back legs reduced to pitiful, bloody stumps.


Frostbite ran toward the weathered pony and used his telekinesis magic to levitate the dying pony off the ground. “What happened!?” He yelled at the unlucky survivor, “What caused this?! I was to be sent to Equestria!” At those words the pony slowly closed his eyes and stopped moaning in pain. What Frostbite was levitating was now a lifeless corpse, the hollow shell of one who had died. He set the body down slowly onto the ground, and collapsed onto his haunches. He peered at the corpse of the pony with thoughts running thought his mind. He slowly began to REALLY realize what just happened. His face went blank while his jaw dropped and his pupils narrowed.


“WHY!?” He yelled into the sky. Tears began to form in his eyes and he started to feel weightless. He noticed himself levitating into the air by his own magic. A red aura appeared around Frostbite swallowing him entirely, revealing only blurry silhouette of himself. His body began to change, claws started to appear on him, large falcon wigs appeared on his sides, his hair grew longer, and his horn grew bigger and sharper. When the horn was completed, the bubble popped, sending him to the floor. He did not land on the ground, instead he caught himself with his wings and began to float upward. His entire thought process changed from sadness, into rage. He let out a loud scream of terror throughout the land, shaking trees and hills around him. He looked down at the dead pony and his pupil sized changed from wide circles into small dots. Tears began to flow from his eyes. A few blinks later, he fell to the floor with a loud *Thump*.

He just laid there on the ground with his eyes closed. He lost his connection with reality, and his brain slowly spun toward the dream realm.