• Published 24th Aug 2012
  • 731 Views, 13 Comments

Eye's of the Dead - DiscardedHope



Eye's of the Dead is about the past of Ian; Kione, Radnoen, and Frostbite Rune..

  • ...
 13
 731

The Purple Earth Pony Part 2

Ian was standing on top of a mountain, overlooking his hometown, with a smile on his face. The cold wind rolling softly off his purple coat, the fresh air in his lungs, he was content. He looked down at his home where his family lives, and noticed himself walking away with two saddlebags on.


He saw himself chat with Twisted, before walking down an alley, away from the main street. Ian was starting to feel uneasy watching himself. Short images of fire, and blood filled his sight. Ian trembled a bit and closed his eyes. He opened them slowly, his sight was greeted with fire engulfing everything.


All the memories flooded back to Ian, bringing back the fear as well. Ian shuddered in fear while laying down, covering his eyes with his forehooves. He heard the painful screams of innocent ponies dying, and suffering in the flames.


The noise of crashing buildings and screams abruptly stopped. All Ian could hear was the wind behind his ears. He lowered his hooves and opened his eyes, only to find himself sitting in front of a large pile of scotched rubble. As he glanced at the rubble only one thought entered his mind, ‘No…’.


He stood up slowly then began walking over to the charred doorway where his house once belonged. He stopped under the burnt arch of the doorway, staring into what was left of his house.


White ash flooded the floor, covering most of the non-flammable furniture. He noticed two large piles of white ash, right next to each other, connecting at a single point. He was curious at the shape of the piles. So, he walked slowly into his house, leaving hoof prints in the white ash that covered the floor, before he came to a complete stop. Approximately three feet away from the piles.


“No…” Ian murmured to himself as he glanced at the two piles. He walked faster toward the piles and began to wipe off the ash. He began to cry.


What he found was his scotched mother and father, holding hooves, before they died. Ian couldn't bare to think of his foal sister. So, he just galloped out of his house, fast, all the while adverting his eyes from all of the scorched piles of ash around him.


He ran far, all the way to the outskirts of his town. When he spotted the town sign, he stopped and sat down next to it. He sat there wallowing in his tears, hugging the sign that said;


Lottamon
Location: Canterlonian Mts.
Occupation: Trade and Agriculture
We welcome all!


Ian stopped sobbing after a while. He just stared at the valleys leading away from Lottamon.


“What do I do? What can I do? Where do I go?” he yelled out loud. These questions needed answers and fast. “I am just a colt in this big world. I cant even fend for myself…” Ian sighed.


“I have to do something! I’ll just-” He stopped talking momentarily and stood up, looking into the valley again, “go there.” he said, pointing a hoof at a far distant town in the green valley bellow. His goal was set; get to a town and get help. Ian started walking down the stone path, not once, looking back.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------


The sky began to darken after an hour of walking, Ian just felt miserable. He was not used to this much walking, let alone not having something to eat or drink. All he had was a saddlebag on each of his sides, and ten bits.


He spotted a local Inn, a bit off the main road, and headed toward it. He came to the door and noticed a small amount of ponies inside. Ian walked in slowly making his way toward the counter. There was a large, blue stallion at the booth with a bored look on his face. Ian trotted up to him.


“Hello mister, how much for a room? Ian said to the Inn keeper.


“Four bits for a night.” Replied the stallion in a deep voice. “Hey, aren’t you too young to be here all by yourself?”


“Well, yes… but-” Ian began to say, before being cutoff by the Inn keeper.


“Where are your parents?” asked the confused stallion. Ian just froze, glaring at the stallion intensely. “Oh.. Um no need to be tense!” added the stallion, with a scarred look on his face. “How ab-about I lower the price to three bits. Yeah?”


“Okay!” Replied Ian smiling, letting his glare relax.


“Um kid… what's with your eyes?” asked the stallion. “Like, your eyes just turned red when you were glaring at me, just like that.” Ian was confused at his words.


“My eyes?” Asked the confused purple pony. “Red? My eyes are blue! How can they be red?!” Ian said, a bit frustrated. The inn keeper flinched at his response.


“Here… see for our self!” The stallion said, quickly pulling out a small mirror from a drawer, and placing it on the booth.

Ian stared at it in shock. His eyes were red, and that’s not all that changed. His pupils sharpened into cat like eyes. As he rested his gaze, his eyes began to change. The pupil enlarged into an oval, and his iris changed back into a turquoise blue color.

“Wha…” Was all Ian managed to say. “Nevermind that, I’ll deal with it later. Here's the three bits.” Ian handed the three shiny gold pieces to the owner.


“Your room number is number ‘4’. Have a nice night kid.” Replied the blue stallion. With that said, Ian began trotting over to a small flight of stairs leading into the second story of the Inn.


He climbed up the stairs, and noticed a hallway of doors. There where five doors in total. Ian peered at each one to the one marked with a ‘4’. His eyes caught the number and he started walking towards it.


He reached a hoof out and opened the door. He walked slowly in, closing the door behind him, then took in his surroundings. It was not that special, but just a traditional cottage room.


Ian was content on how the room looked. He pulled off his saddlebags, and tossed them over to the corner of the room. He jumped onto the bed, planted his head on the pillows, pulled on the sheets to cover him, and slowly closed his eyes. Letting his mind drift off into the plain of dreams.