• Published 23rd Jul 2019
  • 528 Views, 5 Comments

A Horror Filled Night at 13 Dead End Drive - Brian Sheil



The Rainbooms prepare a performance at a creepy mansion full of traps and creepy characters

  • ...
 5
 528

4. Dinner Time

The Rainbooms and Julie sat in the dining room enjoying their dinner. Everybody is enjoying their time together.

“This food is delicious.” Twilight Sparkle said, finishing a piece of ham.

“Thanks, Twilight.” Julie replied. “I’m happy to see people enjoy their meal.”

“You said it.” Sunset praised. “This vegetable platter is cooked just right.”

“I heard you don’t eat meat, Sunset. That’s why you got this platter of veggies. They came from Hickory’s garden.”

After finishing some carrots, Fluttershy spoke up. “I’ve seen Hickory’s gardens. He sure knows his stuff.”

“All of the food is delicious.” Rarity cheered while sipping some water. “My compliments to the chef.”

“Thank you, madame.” Said the voice of a French male. In steps in a medium built chef with a mustache. “Allow to me to introduce myself. I am Pierre. I used to cook well for Miss Agatha.”

“And now, you’re cooking for Julie and her family.” Rarity figured.

“Correct, Madam. I traveled all over the world to learn many cooking techniques.”

Pierre approached Sunset. “I see you liked this vegetable platter, Miss Shimmer.”

“I sure do, Pierre.” Sunset replied. “Cooked perfectly.”

As Applejack was taking another spoon of mashed potatoes, she felt something on her foot. She saw it was a dog.

“Howdy, little fella.” Applejack greeted. “I’m guessing you’re Pugsley.”

The dog barked happily. Pierre saw the dog and picked him up gently. “Come, Pugsley. Do not disturb the guests while they eat.” Pierre places the dog on the floor. “I’ll save you some food for later. I promise.”

Pugsley wanders off. Pinkie Pie asked Pierre a question. “Many of the people we talked to told us what they would do with the fortune Julie now has. How about you?”

Pierre gave a polite answer. “Well, my friend. If I was named the heir of Miss Agatha’s fortune, I would put together a cooking show on TV. Then, the world will know how good I am.”

“Everyone wants their fifteen minutes of fame.” Rainbow Dash remarked.

After dinner was done, the girls help Pierre clean off the table. Everyone put the leftovers in the fridge, and put the dishes in the sink.

“Thank you, my friends.” Pierre cheered. “I appreciate the help.”

“Your welcome.” Rarity replied. “We’ll help with the dishes.”

“No need.” Smothers interrupted as he rolled up his sleeves. “Dusty and I will do the clean up.”

Dusty walks in with her sleeves rolled up. “Smothers is right. We work well together.”

Dusty looks at Sunset with her alluring smile. Sunset’s smiles back. Suddenly, a handsome looking man with white hair and wearing a black suit comes in to greet everyone with a southern drawl. “Any food left over? I was passing by and I got hungry.”

The man soon saw Twilight and her friends. “Well, well. The Rainbooms. I heard many stories about you. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Beauregard the third. I am a ladies man.”

“Elderly ladies that is,” Julie whispered to Sunset, “like Aunt Agatha.”

“I hear that, Julie! Years ago, I swept your Aunt off her feet. Too bad I couldn’t have her fortune.”

“That’s right, Beauregard.” Julie told him. “She gave the fortune to me and my family.”

“That’s true. You are indeed worthy.”

Pierre places a plate of food on the table. “Here you are, sir. Heated up for you.”

Beauregard sits down to enjoy the food. “Thank you, Pierre. Once I’m done, I’ll leave. But, I’ll be here for Miss Julie’s birthday.”

“Come on, girls.” Julie said. “While he enjoys his meal, I’ll show you the set up for my party tomorrow.”

“Okey Dokey.” Pinkie chirped. “Lead the way.”

Outside, in the backyard, Julie shows the girls a big stage set up.

“Cool stage!” Dash praised. “I’m guessing that’s where we’re performing tomorrow.”

“That’s right, Dashie.” Julie replied.

A young man wearing glasses and wearing a white shirt and black jeans came along to join them.

“Everything is set up, Julie.” The young man said. “By my calculations, the power will be sufficient. The solar panels on the roof helps out too.”

“Hi there.” Twilight greeted. “It’s nice to meet a fellow science geek.”

“I wouldn’t consider myself a science geek. But, I appreciate the compliment. My name is Sedgewick. I am the nephew of Miss Agatha.”

“We’re starting to meet all kinds of people in this place.” Pinkie Pie wondered.

“Even so,” Fluttershy added, “this whole place makes me feel uneasy.”

Twilight Sparkle continues her talk with Sedgewick. “So, How you like getting along with Julie?”

“Very well.” Sedgewick answered. “However, if aunt Agatha gave her fortune to me, I’d use it to conduct scientific experiments.”

“You’re not the only one with plans for Miss Agatha’s fortune.” The voice of a teenage girl called out.

Out steps a blonde haired girl wearing a magenta shirt, black skirt, and black shoes. She then speaks to the crowd. “If I got my hooks on that dough, it would help with my dreams.”

“Who are you?” Sunset Shimmer asked.

The girl answered Sunset’s question. “My name is Sassy. And, I’m an aspiring rock star.”

“And, you think that fortune would help make that dream come true?”

“You got it.”

Rainbow Dash approached Sassy with an idea. “Me and my friends are playing music during Julie’s birthday party. How about joining us?”

Sassy gave her answer. “Really. I get to jam with the Rainbooms? Cool! I’ll be there.”

Fluttershy soon approached Julie. “No offense. But, this whole place scares me.”

“Really?” Julie said. “You’re that nervous?”

“I am.”

Fluttershy starts to get scared. Julie then turns to the nature lover. “I think I know why, Fluttershy. Let’s go back in the house.”