• Published 12th Aug 2012
  • 3,541 Views, 59 Comments

Of Vampires and Werewolves - KarlGaks



When Octavia gets bitten by a supposed werewolf it opens up a whole new reality to her.

  • ...
16
 59
 3,541

Chapter 9

"Soo... Let me get this straight. You're saying that I can't get an education anymore" Vinyl just nodded. "And explain to me again why this is." Vinyl inhaled deeply, opened her mouth as if she was about to say something, closed it, and opened it again just to close it again and tap her hoof on the ground. "Uhhh... Well, I might have missed one minor detail last time you were here..." Octavia decided to continue prodding. "What was this minor detail? Pray tell."

Vinyl moved her hoof around in circles."Well... according to the... erm... rules, you kind of have to..." Octavia motioned with her hoof for Vinyl to proceed. "...well you kind of have to... uhh... well to put it bluntly, through your dreams out of the window and give up your education." Octavia just nodded they had already gone through this and Octavia had nearly cut off Vinyl's hooves and sold them back to her for 80 bits.

"Well, what do I do instead then?" Octavia asked, keeping her cool for as long as possible, right after this she was going to probably tear up a couple of trees out of the ground to throw like javelins at some bunnies. "Well, you'll be finding a new line of work just like the rest of us did, I used to be a singer you know, now I'm part time DJ and nearly full time associate here." Octavia just nodded. Being told she had to give up her life long dream was a lot to take in but it was unavoidable. She had already put herself and all her fellow... uhh... monsters I suppose... as well. If some one found out then there would be trouble for every one.

"What are my options?" Octavia asked. "You could work full time here, you could part time at a diner and the rest of the time work here. You could probably also help me DJ since you wouldn't have to do much more than help me set up and take down, maybe hand me a drink every now and then." Octavia tapped her chin with her hoof and decided on the option that would probably get her the most money. "I'll work with you, do the waitress gig, and work here probably." she had always been an over achiever, why stop now?

"Seriously? Talk about workaholic, what ever though, fine by me." What Octavia didn't know was that in her head Vinyl was fist pumping right now, happy that Octavia chose her. Either way she got Octavia to sign all the paper work that needed signing and got out of there to go do her gig at the club down the street from the hovel.


Octavia was walking back from the hovel now to where she and her friends were staying with Rarity. She did a lot of thinking on the way back. She thought about things like, I wonder what the job will be like, will it be hard, and why did Vinyl suggest that I work with her, I'm sure she had plenty of other options, is a DJ's assistant even a real job? From there she started thinking about Vinyl Scratch for a while but stopped when she realized she had starting thinking about how squeezable... You know what, never mind what she was thinking about. None of you people need to know any of my fetishes, let's just move to the next paragraph and pretend this never happened. Alright? Alright.

As I was saying... She was walking home thinking about stuff and all and had actually nearly gotten there before Carrot Top just kind of, popped out of the ground in front of her. "There you are! where have you been all day? I've been looking for you for hours so you could play with my... I mean me!" Octavia just looked at Carrot Top and raised an eyebrow. "You know... I don't really want to play with you right now, you're too seem to tired to be any fun." Octavia just laughed, tired was an understatement. Moving and doing all that stuff at the hovel today was more than enough to tire her out. She wasn't as tired before because the transformations kind of give you a shot of adrenaline that you can go off of for a while, but once that's gone your pretty much done.