• Published 4th Jul 2021
  • 1,075 Views, 725 Comments

Skyrim: The Faces of Death - Blackdrag-rose



Amaryllis, a changeling infiltrator for Chrysalis' hive, goes looking for her missing queen, but is teleported to a brand new world in the process, one that is unlike anything she's seen so far, while also being in the middle of a war.

  • ...
18
 725
 1,075

PreviousChapters Next
War: Summerset Isles

As they made their way to the Summerset Isles, and readied themselves for the final stage of their war with the Dominion, Amaryllis discovered that their destination was an archipelago, consisting of ten islands of varying size, with Summerset Isle being the heart of everything. The other nine islands were that of Auridon, Buraniim Isle, Calluis Lar, Sapiarchs, which had a college with the name resting on it, Dranil Kir, Errinorne Isle, Eyevea, Silatar, and Wastan Coridale, though there was also an eleventh island, that of Artaeum. According to Ma'jera Artaeum was the hole of the Psijic Order and they were known to 'move' the entire island from time to time, for long periods of time, which meant they either shrouded it in a mist that caused people to become confused and navigate themselves out of the area or it was actually moved into a dimension that the Psijics had access to. Either way the count was ten right now, as Artaeum was gone right now, though they couldn't count on any assistance from the mages in question, as they preferred to observe the world and not interfere at all, though she felt that they were stupid for staying on the sidelines at a time like this, especially with the fate of the world hanging in the balance.

While she learned that Za'kera went over their plan of attack for the final province, her force would be landing near the southeastern tip of the island, a beach near Dusk Keep, one of the major cities of the main isle, while Tosh Raka and all of those who desired pure war would attack from the north. The Maormer and their sea allies would be dealing with the isle of Auridon, where the cities of Firsthold, Skywatch, and Vulkhel Guard were located, and once the flank had been secured the main force could focus on marching inland, so they could take Alinor from the Dominion's clutches. Her reasoning was due to the fact that it was the seat of the Dominion's power and, more importantly, because there was a chance that the leader of the organization might have access to the Stone of the final Tower, the Crystal Tower, and taking them out would cripple the Dominion's power entirely. If they were successful in this the world would be saved at last, the Towers restored and secured to maintain the future of Nirn, thus stopping the Dominion's ploy to wipe out this world and 'ascend' to the world they thought they came from, showing how foolish they were in her eyes.

Amaryllis also knew what her task was, she was supposed to infiltrate the city, track down the Dominion's commander, the one responsible for everything that has been happening in Tamriel, and then either capture them or kill them, the former being followed by a helping of sap to open their mind and the latter being her taking their place to surrender, ending the war before it got too chaotic.

"Wouldn't it be better to just wipe out everything on the two main islands? We certainly have enough soldiers to pull such a thing off." Ulfric asked, as based on what he had seen so far there was no reason for them to do as Za'kera said, partly due to the fact that she was a novice in terms of warfare and, more importantly in his eyes, she was a Khajiit, so she didn't have his respect at all and her orders really didn't matter in the end.

"We aren't here to commit genocide by wiping out the Altmer... even with all of the dark things the Dominion, the race in question doesn't deserve that fate." Za'kera replied, though while she had known that some of the leaders, who desired war and glory above all else, would oppose her orders she had been expecting to happen on the battlefield and not on the ship they were using right now, but she did see that some of the others were looking at him with disapproval in their eyes, such as Abiru for instance, "We're here to take down the Dominion and stop their foul plans, not slaughter the entire race that calls the Summerset Isles home... basically, we want to liberate the isles, not leave them soaked in blood from those who will likely fall during the upcoming battle."

Ulfric frowned for a moment before he, and the other leaders who wanted war, departed from the room they had met in, causing Za'kera to sigh as she wondered if she had been right to bring him and his Stormcloaks, who despised all of the other races, to the Summerset Isles, while knowing that if they turned back now it would ruin the surprise, as she was sure that someone on either of the main islands had noticed their fleet.

"He's going to be trouble... him and Tosh Raka, anyway." Abiru commented, speaking once the offending leaders were no longer in the room, though he didn't let Ulfric's opinions on the other races stain his own thoughts on the others, but even if he had gotten into a skirmish with the Nord leader he would have used a bit of sap to open his mind.

"I know... they're going to either cause a bloodbath, or get themselves killed for glory." Za'kera said, though she hated how Ulfric didn't listen to her, as the only thing that caused him to listen to her words was the presence of Alduin, a beast that was said to bring about the end of the world, where she had a feeling that if they failed to defeat the Dominion the dragon might fulfill his own destiny, "Amaryllis, I know the task I gave you is important, but after we make landfall do you think you can head over and make sure Ulfric's force doesn't do anything stupid? I know I told them to attack from the north, in what seems like a potential blind spot, but given what we've heard I'm sure he'll try to attack Auridon, all to claim glory for himself and those who serve under him... I'm worried that they'll get themselves killed while we're facing whatever force is waiting for us near the main beach."

Amaryllis nodded her head as she heard that, as she understood the order she had been given and wanted to see if she might be able to stop Ulfric and Tash Raka from doing something stupid, though she suspected that it would end with her failing to do anything and one or more of the Stormcloak leaders might end up dead because of Ulfric. Truth be told she really didn't care for the racist Nord Jarl, his second in command, or even most of his forces, as they were all bared hatred towards the other races, especially Za'kera since they believed that the position of Emperor or Empress was reserved for either an Imperial or a Nord, and only suffered this alliance because of the Divines. She suspected the same thing that her friend did, if either the Divines or Alduin hadn't been present, when Za'kera claimed the empty throne for herself, it would have shattered the alliance right then and there, with Ulfric charging into battle and wasting soldiers over something that was so pointless. So given their distrust for Za'kera, and the times where it looked like they were ignoring her orders, both of them were right to be worried that Ulfric might step out of line and get himself, not to mention many of his own forces, killed in an assault they weren't supposed to be taking part in.

For that reason, alone, she was going to have to follow them for a time and make sure they didn't do something stupid, of which they were sure Ulfric or his followers were going to do, while hoping that nothing bad happened while they headed for the sections of the island Za'kera wanted them to land on. As she thought about that they drew closer to both islands of the Summerset Isles, where the Maormer, their sea allies, and Tosh Raka's forces headed for their destinations, where the Tiger Dragon headed for the northern tip while the others headed for Auridon. Sure enough she found that the ships that contained Ulfric and his Stormcloaks followed after Lady Seirhy, meaning they were seeking glory and would likely find death if they were unlucky, but for now her focus was on what might happen when Za'kera and the others landed on the beach. Part of her had to wonder if the Dominion knew that they were even here, due to the fact that Auridon could see them coming and easily warn those on the main island, allowing whoever was in charge to understand what was going on and that they would be under attack soon enough, causing her to glance towards the beach.

Sure enough she found a rather large force of Dominion soldiers, wearing the same armor that those in Skyrim wore when on the job, waiting for their arrival on the beach, though they were some distance away from where Za'kera wanted them to dock, meaning they were likely planning on attacking the fleet before they were able to land.

"Intruders!" a voice stated, where they found that it was coming from an Altmer mage on a raised section that seemed to be where they would shout at before firing on them, who seemed to believe that they would stop and stand down before even reaching the island, though Za'kera signaled for the others to keep moving in as her ship breached the shore and she was able to jump down onto the sandy terrain, "You trespass on the land of the Aldmeri Dominion, watched over by our grand and glorious ruler Morral Graeious, and all intruders shall be destroyed on sight. You have ten minutes to stand down and submit to our rule, or be blasted into the sea that you..."

"Ma'jera! Zoravoir! Open the portals!" Za'kera stated, where Amaryllis watched as the pair, the former standing on the ship to her left and the latter to her right, stepped up and gathered their magic, causing shining light to appear in their hands for a few seconds, while surprising the Altmer and his army.

What happened next was that their enemies found that the magical pair opened a number of portals back to Cyrodiil, a fact that allowed their soldiers to march out in ranks as Za'kera moved forward as well, standing at the head of her army since she was the leader of everyone. While that went down the soldiers that were on the ships lowered walkways that all of them used to disembark and gather near the rest of their allies, surprising the Altmer with the sheer number of people that were standing in front of them, despite the fact that they had brought an army to deal with intruders. That was before Alduin and the dragons flew through their portal, joined by the Draugr that chose to join them and the Dragon Priests also marched with them, something that caused many to consider what was going on, but based on what Amaryllis was seeing it looked like they had been brainwashed into believing that the Dominion was unstoppable. Such a thing caused her to let out a sigh as all of their initial forces finished portaling over to this island, as it seemed like their enemies were being as foolish as those she had faced in the past, though she dropped down and joined them, as she felt that helping them gain control of the beach was important, before checking on Ulfric.

As they did that Za'kera drew her blades, feeling the weight of her enchanted ebony blades once more as she got ready for the battle to come, though it was easy to see that she was hoping, or even praying, that the Altmer would stand down after seeing this army appear out of the portals they had created, before she raised one blade and pointed at the force on the hill in front of them.

"Soldiers and allies of the Empire... charge!" Za'kera said, raising her voice enough so that it could reach everyone, which she was aided in by either of the powerful mages that had opened the portals, though her words had the effect that she was looking for as she started to move.

Amaryllis watched as the army moved forward, charging at the Altmer's position, while at the same time the dragons took to the air, forcing the mages within the enemy group to divide their attention between the two groups, half focusing on the sky while the others focused on those who were coming right at them. She knew what Za'kera wanted, to take most, if not all, of their enemies captive and liberate them, though knowing that this was war, and that they had dragons on their team, such a thing might not be possible and it seemed like their forces, for the most part, were focused on the fight, save for Abiru and his own forces. The Altmer weren't ready for this sort of attack, not by a long shot, as mages struck them from afar with magic, archers loosed arrows into the air and avoided their own allies, the soldiers and undead hacked into them, and the dragons rained flames down on those who were at the back of the Dominion's forces, keeping their attacks away from all of their allies. Truth be told Amaryllis found that she wasn't even needed in this fight, not by a long shot, as Za'kera forced her way towards the commander that had told her to surrender, Kya disarmed her foes, as in removing all of their weapons while leaving their bodies intact, while Zoravoir and Ma'jera loosed magic that knocked whoever each of them happened to be targeting.

With that thought in mind she slipped into the background so she could take to the skies and see what Ulfric was up to, as she had a feeling his forces were causing trouble, before tackling her own mission and seeing if she could bring an end to this war before things got too serious for her and her friends.

PreviousChapters Next