• Published 27th Jun 2019
  • 426 Views, 19 Comments

PokePonies - niightear

  • ...
 19
 426

Starter Pokemon

Sweetie Belle's green eyes opened. She saw a note on the bedside table.
"Hm?" she hovered it over. I can barely read Rarity's hornwriting. It's somehow too cursive!
"Dear Sweetie Belle,
I'm sorry, darling, but I have to be at my Gym in the Crystal Empire. Remember that you're meeting Apple Bloom and Scootaloo at the train station to go to Canterlot!
Sincerely,
Rarity :heart:"

Sweetie Belle yawned as she got out of bed. She hovered everything she'd need - her saddlebag, her Spike Pokedoll (it's in the comics, okay?), and a Potion. I'm excited to get my first Pokemon! EEEEEEEEEEE!!!
She ran out of her house and to the train station.


Apple Bloom bucked the tree as the apples fell into her saddlebag. "There! Some apples fer mah journey!"
She put her saddlebag on as she smiled. Ah wonder what Pokemon Twilight will give me. Hopefully a Grass-type like AJ and Babs and mah other family!
Apple Bloom skipped out of the orchards into Ponyville Adjacent, looking up at Cloudsdale.

"SCOOTALOO!" she yelled.
She got some strange glances but ignored it. She sighed. "Maybe ah'll just wait for 'er at the train station. Hopefully Sweetie Belle's there."
Apple Bloom exited the town, carefully walking through the route connecting Ponyville Adjacent with Ponyville, making sure to not step into any tall grass.


Scootaloo was the only one of the Crusaders who didn't need to be woken up. She did it on her own.
"Let's see... My Rainbow Dash Pokedoll, a Potion, my Holocaster..." did Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom even have Holocasters yet? She could probably get them some. She had plenty of Bits.

She exited her room, paying to use the Twinkling Balloon to get down.
It seemed to go by so fast, but oh well.
She flew out of the balloon as she flew to the train station.

"Sweets, Apple Bloom!" Scootaloo exclaimed. The two fillies looked to her, and Sweetie Belle smiled.
"The train's coming in a few minutes - c'mon!" Apple Bloom exclaimed. The train came as they jumped on it. "Aren't y'all excited ta get our first Pokemon?! 'Cause ah am! Ah better get a Grass-type - everypony in the Apple family does!"
"I want a Fire-type," Scootaloo said, "maybe one that evolves into a Flying-type! So... Charmander! Or I guess that Torchic would be close enough..."
"I just want a cute Pokemon! Do you think Pikachu's one of them? Or Pichu? Or Fennekin! Or -" Scootaloo put a hoof on her mouth. "Just... stop."

The train arrived as they jumped off of it. The three squealed all the way to the lab.
"Oh! Girls!" the unicorn turned to her.
"Why did you decide to be in Equestria instead of your world?" Scootaloo asked.
"Well all of us - and my friends - had to come here. For some reason..." Twilight sighed. "Anyways... Your Pokemon's Pokeballs are on the tab -"

"Professor Twilight!" Diamond Tiara pushed open the door. Silver Spoon was right behind her.
"Not again..." Sweetie Belle murmured.
"Where are mine and Silver Spoon's Pokemon?!" she exclaimed.
"Right here next to the Crusaders'." Twilight said.
"You mean the blank flanks?" Diamond Tiara asked.
"We! Have! Cutie Marks!" Scootaloo bellowed.

Sweetie Belle sighed, hovering a Pokeball over to her. "This one?"
"Yep!" Twilight said. She hovered the others' Pokeballs to them. "Here."
"How do you get the Pokemon out of them?" Scootaloo asked.
"Throw them up." Twilight answered. She threw up a Pokeball that she dug up from her saddlebag, revealing an Espeon.
"Espe!" it exclaimed.

Sweetie Belle hovered her Pokeball up, releasing it at its highest point. A Fennekin came out of the Pokeball.
"Fenn!" it exclaimed, jumping into her hooves.
"Aww! So cute!!" Sweetie Belle smiled.
Apple Bloom threw her Pokeball, which released a Bulbasaur. Scootaloo's released a...
"Torchic!"
"Are you kidding me?" Scootaloo grumbled. Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom couldn't help laughing.

Silver Spoon got a Piplup and Diamond Tiara a Snivy. They didn't say anything and simply left the lab, their Pokemon following.
"Spoiled fillies..." Apple Bloom murmured. "If ah'm correct we got our cutie marks from helpin' 'em, right?"
"Yeah." her friends answered.

"Well I wanna have a Pokemon battle!" Sweetie Belle exclaimed. "Against... Hm... Apple Bloom!"
"Why me Sweetie Belle? Why not Scoots?" Apple Bloom asked.
"I have a Fire-type~ You have a Grass-type~" Sweetie Belle smirked. "Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease?"
Apple Bloom groaned. "Fine. Ah will."

"Go! Fennekin!" "Fenn!"
"Bulbasaur, ah choose y'all!" "Bulba!"
"Fennekin, use... er..." Sweetie Belle paused. "Twilight, we need Pokedexs."
"Oh! Right!" Twilight hovered a Pokedex over to her, and one to her friends.
"Fennekin, the Fox Pokémon. Fennekin expels hot air that can reach nearly 400 degrees. It likes to snack on twigs. This Fennekin is female. Fennekin knows the moves Scratch, Tail Whip, and Ember." Sweetie Belle's Pokedex said.
"Bulbasaur, the Seed Pokémon. A young Bulbasaur uses the nutrients from its seed for the energy it needs to grow. This Bulbasaur is female. Bulbasaur knows the moves Tackle, Growl and Vine Whip." Apple Bloom's said.

"Bulbasaur! Growl!" Apple Bloom exclaimed.
"Bul!" Bulbasaur growled.
Fennekin's ears flattened on her head as she braced against the loud sound. "Fennekin! Use..." she rubbed an ear with her hoof. "Use Ember!"
A small ball of fire hit Bulbasaur, who tried to dodge but failed.

"Tangle 'er in yer Vine Whip!" Apple Bloom exclaimed.
Vines grew from her bulb as they went toward Fennekin.
"Burn the vines!" Sweetie Belle exclaimed.
"Fenn!" the fire hit the vines, turning them into ashes before Bulbasaur pulled them back.

"Tackle 'er!" Apple Bloom yelled. Bulbasaur rammed into Fennekin, knocking her into the healing machine.
"Kin kin in..." Fennekin's eyes became spirals as she fainted.
"Fennekin!" Sweetie Belle hovered the Pokemon toward her, onto the healing machine. "Fennekin, come back!"
"Kin! Kin kin kin!" Fennekin shook her head.
Sweetie Belle sighed. "Okay then."

Sweetie Belle stuffed Fennekin's Pokeball in the saddlebag. Apple Bloom and Scootaloo tried to get their Pokemon in the Pokeballs, but they didn't want to go in.
"Well," Scootaloo sighed, "let's go back to Ponyville!"
"YEAH!" the three of them hoofbumped.

Author's Note:

Teams

Apple Bloom

Bulbasaur - Lv. 5, Female

Sweetie Belle

Fennekin - Lv. 5, Female

Scootaloo

Torchic - Lv. 5, Male


Credits

Vectors in cover by jhayarr23.
Pokemon in cover by SelenaEde.