• Published 24th Jun 2019
  • 251 Views, 6 Comments

Dawn of the Lost Wolves - MaxTV1234



Spin-off to Solar Night's Lost Wolf series. A high school girl wakes up in Inu and joins a half-kanisar and makes new friends to take on the Human King to save Inu while solving the mysteries that surrounds her arrival in this new world.

  • ...
5
 6
 251

Prologue - I'm In Inu? Saved By The Wolf!

Prologue

April 11th, 2017

It was the day where everything changed. I had a dream, you know. A dream where I can live my life to the fullest and where I can give strength to people. A dream where I could make friends. Lots and lots of friends to make myself feel better from my home life, but…I quitted because for my own reasons…and wanted to change, but then later…something happened and my dream died out. I was all alone…the people, everyone was only interested in the ‘me’ they see, but not the ‘me’ I know.

In the big city, over pass the loud traffic jams, the city lights, the people walking by, and the many buildings, there stood a lone teenage girl. She stood on top of one of the building as she looks down the city and the many people through the metal fence before she slowly began climbing over it and stood on the ledge.

That girl is me…the girl that everyone sees different. I couldn’t handle on losing my dream and everything. I was all alone, and…to be honest, I can’t handle it. I lost everything on the day and I’m now just an outcast. Sure, everyone still sees as the ‘me’ they would see on TV. I’m nothing…I’m tired of running through my life with fame, I’m tired with my life having to put too many faces, I’m tired of not being able to give strength to others. I’m tired of everything…

The girl looked down from the ledge she stood on with hesitation, but she held it away with a brave look on his face. She took one step, the one step to escape reality, the one step to break free, the one step…to her death.

And that was the day where everything changed. I was done with it and I was ready to take my own life. But…as I slowly fall down and was about to fall on the hard concrete floor, she felt…a splash?

I felt like I was in the water instead of facing dead and even felt my bones breaking from the fall. Just what is this?

Name: Kanoe Fey. Age: 16. Hmm…it seems that you were fairly popular with the people, especially with the boys, huh? Makes sense for a famous pop idol star like you.

Yeah…that’s right. I remember now…I’m a pop star. I’m famous for the amazing songs I sung. But…does it matter? They’re just useless after all…

Wow, you must feel lucky to be here with us. Arriving to this world while being hospitalized, very lucky indeed.

Lucky? What’s there to be lucky? It was just a coincidence…right?

…A girl…a lone girl floated in the darkness, slumbering through and through till she slowly opened her eyes, but as she tried opening her mouth, droplets of water poured out of there as she immediately covered her mouth before looking around, but felt cramped up for some reason before she uses her hands to push through.

That’s when she noticed…

A small crack that create a light for her.

Soon, she managed to break through before lifting herself up, gasping for air as she looks around in her surroundings. Her vision was a bit blurry, so she couldn’t see anything. To get better, she tried coming out of the water and once she managed so, she tripped and fall face-flat.

“Ow…” The girl hissed before slowly getting up, her feet wobbling a bit before he grabbed onto something to lift herself up. “Huh…?”

She slowly touched her forehead and winced, feeling a small bump on her forehead before his vision slowly began clearing up. Once so, she takes a good look of her surroundings and gasped in shock.

The whole place she was in was dark and gritty, the walls were all rusty, and nearly filled with moss. She notices a chair that seemed to look like they’re used for dentists or medical operations.

“Where am I…?” The girl wondered, blinking in surprise. “Ugh…what happened? And…why am I…still here…?”

The girl looks around in confusion before noticing herself. She was…bare naked. Nothing was covering her, not even a single underwear or a bra.

“W-Wah!” She gasped before covering herself, blushing madly. “O-Okay…this is new…”

She looks around before noticing the thing that she woken up from. It was some sort of weird pod and it was filled with water. She didn’t know what it was, or even care at all.

“Maybe another time or when I like get out of here. Just where can I get a bunch of clothes?!” She thought, feeling cold due to not wearing any clothes.

But at the corner of her eyes, she saw the machine started shaking before it opened something up, revealing a set of clothes for her.

“Oh…how convenient.” She remarked before grabbing the plastic bag with the clothes. She stared at the set of clothes that appeared out of the weird machine. However, she noticed at the corner right of the bag was a piece of tape that had something written on it. It was a single word that the girl was able to see.

“Kanoe Fey.” She read, blinking in surprise.

That’s right…that was my name. I remember now. My name is Kanoe Fey. I recognize that name anywhere. It’s my name!

“Well…no use to think about that.” Kanoe sighed before ripping the plastic off and decided to dress herself. She notices a lone mirror as she walks over and begins dressing herself.

Five minutes later, she gazed at herself in the mirror.

She looked liked an average high school girl with fair, slightly tanned skin, beautiful pink eyes, and dark blue shoulder-length hair with a pointed ahoge. She lets her unkempt hair down and dons a red headband on top of her head. She had a forest green zipper hoodie with shallow side pockets and a red gas mask symbol decorated on the upper left and bottom right sleeve. Underneath it, she wore a white golden buttoned up shirt with a small necktie tied around it. She also wears a dark teal skirt with brown loafers along with matching dark teal socks.

“Jeez…these clothes looks exactly like what I wore before. Makes me feel like I’m attending high school again.” She muttered, looking at herself. She let out a sigh of relief before smiling to herself a little. “Oh well…at least I got some decent clothes. But right now, I should find my way out of here…”

She begins walking around till she notices an exterior that was in the shape of the door.

“That looks like a way out.” Kanoe smiled before walking over and found the doorknob, but it wouldn’t barged opened.

“H-Huh? Why isn’t it opening?” Kanoe raised a brow, looking at the door before trying all her might till she heard a small sound of the door sliding open. “Oh…it’s just stuck.”

She slowly grabbed onto the door and began opening it, managing to get herself free from that room. She examines the place, seeing the dark hallway filled with so much moss.

“Now where to go?” Kanoe steps out of the room and looks between the halls, wondering which path to go. “Hmm…Maybe this way…or that way…I don’t know…this is all too creepy. Almost like I’m in some horror film.”

Kanoe looks around, placing a hand on her chest with a slightly scared look before she takes a deep breath and holds a brave look as she begins heading out.

“Might as well take the right path. It is right, after all.” Kanoe shrugged before taking the right path, finding some more moss around the area. “Jeez…what is this place?”

“Maybe it’s a dream…but it feels real. Maybe vivid?” Kanoe wondered, passing through some vines before noticing a blockade of stuff fallen on top of each other, but there was a small clearing that leads to another room.

“Mm…” She hummed before crawling her way through it and managed to make her way through the hallway.

She felt like she was walking for hours before arriving to what looks like a lobby. She looked around the place for a bit, finding herself what seems to be a lobby. Kanoe looks around the place with a worried look, but one look of this place gave her this sudden realization where she was.

“Am I…in a hospital…?” Kanoe wondered. “But…this place…it doesn’t look like it’s been used for years…”

She walks around, trying to be brave as she hid away her fears but as she kept walking, she saw a set of doors right in front of her.

“Yes!” She raced over to the front doors of the abandoned hospital and attempted to open them. Kanoe’s hopes soon slowly died down at the moment she touched the door handles and budged it, nothing moved, much to her shock.

“No…!” Kanoe groaned. “This is not what I needed…”

Kanoe fell on her knees and sighed, looking down in worried.

“What am I gonna do?” Kanoe sighed before getting back with a slightly confidant look. “Hmm…well I guess maybe find an emergency exit or something.”

Kanoe looks back at the front entrance, seeing how dark it was.

“Is it night time already? Well…it was night when I…” Kanoe stopped herself and looks down with a sad look.

“(Why am I still alive? This doesn’t make any sense.” Kanoe thought, glancing away and went into deep thought. The last thing she remember that she did was being on the rooftop of a building, standing on the ledge, and then fell to her death.

“…Oh well, it’s not best to waste time thinking stuff like this. I should find someone who might help me out here.” Kanoe begins walking around the place, trying to hold back her fears as she explored the abandoned hospital and walked through the halls, seeing some moss growing from the floor across the walls. She even took noticed just how damaged it was, it was like this hospital hasn’t been active in years.

“Jeez…can this place get any creepier?” She thought aloud, finding another door that leads to a flight of stairs. She looks around and saw that the bottom floor stairs has collapsed with no way down. “Oh well, when there’s no way down, we can always find a way up there.”

Kanoe began taking the steps upstairs and began walking upwards to the stairs. She could hear her footsteps echoing from each step on the stairs, but as she keeps walking, she felt like she was stepping on something.

She looks down at her shoes and saw…blood?

“H-Huh?” Kanoe blinked in shock before seeing more blood on the walls. “AHHHHHHHH!”

She nearly tripped over and held against the railing, staring in horror upon seeing some rotten skeletons and the dry blood on the stairs with some leaning over at the edge of the stairs.

“W-W-What is this?” Kanoe paled before taking a deep breath and getting back up. “T-This must be…nothing. I-I just need to find a different way out of here.”

Kanoe began heading her way through the stairs, looking around the place while trying to hold back her vomit.

“T-These must be for…decoration. No wait, why would they? Maybe a prank?” Kanoe thought with a frown before walking through more and more steps before finding a hall that leads straight to a single door. She runs towards the door and managed to break through of the door.

“Yes! Freedom!” Kanoe smiled, arriving through the outside. She looked around and realized that she was on the rooftop. “The rooftop…Well, even so, I’m sure I can call for help from up here.”

Kanoe looks through her pocket, but she realized that she didn’t have her phone.

“Aw, come on!” Kanoe groaned before slumping down sadly. “This sucks…now what?”

Kanoe sighed before she began walking over to the ledge of the rooftop. However, she stopped doing so and felt hesitate to go over to the ledge to look down at the city she was in.

“W-Why am I…?” Kanoe gulped, her hands shaking before gasping.

“Ngh…!” Kanoe groaned before her eyes turned blank as her mind slowly showed her on the rooftop and falling off.

Before long, Kanoe was brought back to her senses before coughing a bit.

“W-What was that?” Kanoe thought, sweating all over. “That…felt so real. Wait, wasn’t that-”

Before she could think more deeply, she heard a faint sound over by the distance before looking over and saw…

“Is that a helicopter?!” Kanoe exclaimed before squinting her eyes to see that it was heading through the city she was in.

Kanoe grinned happily before rushing over to the ledge of the building’s rooftop and began waving over to get their attention.

“HEY! ANYONE! CAN YOU HEAR ME?! HELP ME!” Kanoe screamed, calling over the ‘helicopter’. Soon, she saw it making its way towards her. “YES! YES! I’M RIGHT HERE!”

Kanoe smiled happily before looking down at the city, but the moment she did…

“….W-What?” Kanoe widened her eyes as she stares right over at the city. She saw the buildings, the streets, everything around in the city she was in….it was all a barren wasteland.

There was no human life around here, and no sound of the people down there. The whole city was deserted.

“No…way…” Kanoe widened her eyes. “No way…! W-What’s going on?! W-Why is the city…?!”

“This is crazy! I can’t believe any of this! This is all too…crazy!” Kanoe thought with a horrified look on her face. “This is all just a dream…! It’s a dream and I’ll probably wake up any time! I-I mean, this all can’t get anymore weird, right?!”

Before long, she heard the mechanical sound being more louder, prompting her to look upwards and see something that caught her off-guard.

The helicopter she saw wasn’t a helicopter at all and it was a giant aircraft that could’ve been something you wouldn’t see anywhere. It was almost something that the military could have made, and the designs looked more futuristic than she could have ever seen.

Kanoe stood there with a shock look, petrified by what she was witnessing.

Soon, it landed on the rooftop, nearly taking the whole space before the aircraft door slowly opened as Kanoe stood back…

Kanoe simply stare at it in fear. She was so scared…she didn’t even comprehend on her situation anymore. She didn’t have anything to say at the matter…she simply kept thinking that this was all a dream. She felt like she could wake up at any moment.

However, to make things worse for her, a bunch of people walked out of the weird-looking aircraft in a formation line and they were completely armed. Kanoe watches this and blinks upon seeing their armor.

“Strange…is that Japan’s military forces? But…they don’t look any I’ve seen before. Maybe a new military branch?” Kanoe thought as she continued to stare down at them in shock.

The armed men swarmed around her and aimed their guns at her, causing her to shriek and hold her hands in the air, flailing them around.

“W-W-Wait! Don’t shoot! I’m innocent!” Kanoe screamed.

One of the armed men, who looked like he was more muscular than the others and more serious to Kanoe’s opinion, stepped forward towards the high school girl.

Kanoe stood back a little as the man stared at her before he looked at her hair and hummed in thought.

“Hmm…” He stared at her with an intimidating look. “Heh, what a pretty little lady.”

“U-Um…thanks?” Kanoe sweat-dropped with a nervous smile. “Um…could maybe please stop messing with my hair?”

“Hm…So, looks like we got ourselves a pretty little lady.” The man laughed, alongside with the other armed men. “So dolly, what are you doing here?”

“H-Huh? What am I doing here…?” That was the same question that was in Kanoe’s head. She remembered for a fact that the last thing she remembered was standing on top of a building’s rooftop just like this one before and…jumped off to commit suicide. She doesn’t understand how in the world did she lived nor even got here. “I-I…don’t know…”

“Really? Well how can be sure that you aren’t working for those pesky Resistance?” The man folded his arms with a smirk on his face, which Kanoe saw as creepy and disturbing, but she couldn’t help but feel confused and bewildered by that statement.

“Resistance?” Kanoe blinked. “What are you talking about?”

“Don’t play dumb. I guess it was the Resistance’s mistake to have you come all this way here in this deserted place.” The man smirked. “Besides…all we did was simply scout out the area for any stray mutts, but instead, we got ourselves you.”

“Now hold on a sec, what are you talking about?” Kanoe demanded, looking directly at the tall man before she stepped forward and looked at his armor. She blinked several times and examined it more, even his gun and helmet he was wearing. “And…what’s up with the weird outfit? You look like a weirdo in it.”

“What?!” The captain yelled out, which made the other soldiers snickering at that before he gives them a death glare, which made them tensed up and quietly shut up. He then turned to Kanoe and grabbed and lifted her in the air by the hair. “You listen here bitch! I will not take your tolerance and insults at me! You think you’re enjoying this just ‘cause you and your rebel scumbags are trying to fight against us and the human king.”

“W-What?! Ow!” Kanoe shrieked before being thrown onto the floor. The throw nearly sprained her ankle and made her coughed up too hard several times.

“Sir, what do you want to do with her?” A nearby soldier asked.

“Hold on, let me talk to the commander…” The captain takes out his walkie-talkie before he started talking to the ‘commander’ through it. Kanoe slowly gotten up before hearing the sound of something clicking.

“Wait what the hell was that? It sounded like a gun was being-” The moment she looks up, she widens her eyes at a couple of soldiers aiming their guns at her. “Ooooooooh….oh no….”

“Stand still rebel scum!” The first soldier yelled at her, which started to annoy Kanoe before she gets up and glares at them hard.

“Would you guys just stop this already?! I have a name, you know!” Kanoe exclaimed. “And what do you mean ‘rebel scum’?!”

“Don’t play dumb! We’ll be asking the questions!” The second soldier hissed, aiming it at her forehead. “Now talk!”

“Soldier 11101, hold your ground till I give the order!” The captain stated sternly, which the soldier looked back at him before sighing and saluting to him and replied “Sir, yes sir!”

“Okay, so what’s going on?! Why is everything here look like a disaster out here?!” Kanoe exclaimed. “I-I mean…where’s the people?!”

“Nice try, but we won’t fall for your tricks!” A third soldier scoffed.

“Hold on…” The captain looks at her with a stern look. “Tell me young lady, what exactly are you doing here? Why would one of you rebel scums be here in this deserted place?”

“And what is going on with this ‘rebel scum’? Rebel of what?” Kanoe asked, holding back the fears in her from his stern glare.

“We meant the Resistance.” Kanoe blinked in confusion at the name the Captain told her. “Those who opposes the Human King against his conquest on Inu.”

“Inu? Human king? Okay, you guys are really making this up, right?” Kanoe asked, putting a hand on her head. “I mean…I never heard any of that! And what is this ‘Inu’? Don’t you mean Shibuya?”

The soldiers stares at Kanoe, wondering what was she talking about. Till ten seconds later, they all begin laughing at her.

“W-What? What’s so funny…?” Kanoe asked, backing away a bit.

“’Shibuya’? Is she serious?!” One of the soldiers laughed hardly.

“Okay, enough…!” The captain cleared his throat, seizing all laughter before walking towards her. “And why are you talking about a certain city part from our old planet? It no longer exists to us no more.”

“W-What?” Kanoe asked. “’Old planet’? No longer exists?”

“Huh? Do not know much what happened to Planet 883?” The captain questioned, but all he received was her shaking her head. “How odd…Well anyway, I already with my commander and he says to bring you for some interrogation.”

“W-Wait…’Planet 883’? This doesn’t make any sense…what are you all talking about?” Kanoe asked, glaring right up his face.

“Save the questions till we bring you to your majesty.” The captain grabs her by the arms and began dragging her towards the ship. “You’re coming with us, whether you like it or not. Besides…”

The captain gives her a sly grin and began laughing.

“Who knows? With a cute girl like you, maybe he’ll spare you. Maybe.” Kanoe struggles against his strong grip, trying her best to escape from him.

“Let me go! LET ME GO!” Kanoe screamed, gritting her teeth as she tried all her might to get away from him, but all her efforts were futile at the man’s strong grip.

“Look, just calm down you bitch. Maybe if you stay good, we won’t-”

However, the moment he tried getting her onto the ship, it exploded right before their eyes as they all fall back down. Kanoe fell on her back, and was out of the man’s grip the moment the explosion occurred.

“What the hell?! Who the hell did this?!” The captain demanded, getting back up before feeling a sharp pain in his chest. He slowly looks down and sees a clawmark on his chest that just appeared in mere seconds. Blood began dropping off from it as he slowly falls down face-flat, blood pouring out from his chest and forming around his body.

“Sir! SIR!” The soldiers called till a quick blur knocked him down as the soldiers aimed their guns around, trying to attacked whatever killed their platoon captain and knocked out one of their men.

“You know…I’ve seen some messed-up shit you and your precious king do…” The soldiers heard a cocky-sounding voice and before long, two more soldiers were knocked down with a hard kick before the figure revealed themselves. “But harming a girl? Wow, you guys are such fucking idiots.”

The figure revealed as a tall figure who appeared to be male, who had a thick mane of messy red waist length hair that he keeps in a high ponytail by a small barely noticeable brown scrunchie. He had green eyes, but the pupils looked like they were slit and some red fur over his hands. He also seems to be wearing a long sleeved white tunic with three buttons on top, but the top button was unbuttoned. He also wears a long red blazer with a strange enigma on the back of it. However, he wears the left sleeve and leaves the right side of the coat drape over his shoulder.

He wears dark red baggy sweatpants that rolled up over his ankles. He also wears blue straw Zori slippers and carries a katana, which is cover in its sheath, hung around his pants.

Kanoe looks up and stares at the boy in shock as he gives them a sadistic grin.

“Oh well…guess I’m gonna have to beat your asses till ya sorry!” Before long, he quickly disappears and knocked down one of the soldiers. Three more soldiers loaded their guns and attempt to shoot him dead, but however…

He appeared before them and took out his katana and sliced them. After a few more slices, he lands in front of Kanoe and places the sword over his shoulder with a serious look before smirking as the human soldiers’ guns were sliced off in half, including their armor and helmets.

The three soldiers turned pale and looked at each other in fear and embarrassment.

“Oh wow…” Kanoe blinked in surprise before staring at the boy. “And…thank you.”

“You can’t thank my ass later. Right now, we’re out of here!” He immediately picked the girl up by the shoulders, almost like he was carrying a bride.

“H-Hey! You aren’t going anywhere!” A few remaining soldiers aimed their guns at the two vigilantes before firing their guns. The boy huffed in annoyance before jumping high into the air, which nearly caught Kanoe surprised by this.

Kanoe couldn’t believe that any of this was real, but she was seeing all of this in real life. She never expected any of this to happen in a single day. Now, she was being rescued by this strange boy who jumped in the air like she was super-human. While she was in the air, she took noticed of something on top of his head.

It was something fluffy and soft, but they looked doggy ears. She blinked in shock before looking down and saw a red tail moving around and it was coming from right up his butt.

“Okay…this is so weird…!” Kanoe muttered, widening her eyes before he raised his right arm at the remaining soldiers.

“TAKE THIS! WAILING NOVA SPHERE!” The boy screamed, firing a powerful beam straight at the team before it created another explosion before he used it as a distraction before jumping from building from building with Kanoe being carried on his shoulder, nearly shocked upon seeing all this.

“He….literally…done that…with his…own hands…” Kanoe blinked in shock.

“If you’re worried about those assholes, they’re barely dead. I didn’t even use my full power.” The boy snorted.

“Umm…I-I guess that’s somewhat relieving.” Kanoe sighed before they arrived to another building’s rooftop before he placed her down.

“Get some rest…for now, we just need to get moving back to base.” The boy stated sternly.

“U-Umm, okay.” Kanoe nodded, leaning against the mental fence while she watched him scratched the back of his head, his ears moving around a bit.

“Whoa…they’re seriously moving.” Kanoe blinked in surprise.

“Max….Max….you there?” Max opened his left eye before grumbling in annoyance before looking through a small watch-like device as he began talking straight to it.

“Yeah, I’m still alive. Hold your ass off, AJ.” Max scoffed with an annoyed look. “You know that I can’t die that easily.”

“Well excuse me for asking! You had me worried there when you couldn’t respond back! I mean, you practically even had the others back at the base so worried too that you weren’t around!”

“I know! I know! All I did was go off and take a break for a while till I saw one of those bastard’s ships and decided to tail them till I found a girl!” Max yelled at the watch.

“OWW! Hey! Watch how you yell at the intercom! I’m still working on the audio thing!” The voice yelled out.

“Whatever.” The boy, who is known as Max, snorted at the voice coming out of his intercom. “But don’t worry, I’ll get her back to base.”

“Well please tell me that you’re near to the rendezvous point.” AJ asked with a tone that sounded like he was testing Max.

“….Maybe…” Max shrugged while Kanoe sweat-dropped at them. She could have also sworn that she heard the person through the intercom face-palming and sighing.

“Of course, but please be careful. Right now, I’m pinpointing your location right now.” AJ stated.

“Relax AJ, I’m fine including this girl.” Max waved it off nonchalantly. “Besides, if those bastards really were after our asses, you would think they would get more squad members and-”

As if on cue, they heard a loud motorized sound before they turned around to see another ship, similar to the ones those human soldiers used as it stared at them.

Max and Kanoe both widened their eyes while AJ sighed through the intercom.

“You were saying?” AJ asked.

“Well…RUN!” Max grabbed the girl’s hand and immediately leaped away, avoiding the ship’s machine guns as it nearly blasted them.

“AHHHHH!” Kanoe screamed as they were in the air while avoiding the ship’s guns. Kanoe grabbed Max’s left arm and hugged him tightly, catching him off-guard.

“H-Hey!” Max shouted before landing on another rooftop while the ship came rolling in and attempted to shoot them.

“Do something! Use that weird thing you did earlier before!” Kanoe begged.

“I won’t if you keep grabbing onto me like that!” Max screamed before jumping away once the ships aimed for them and fired its machine guns.

“Surrender now under the name of the Human King!” The pilot of the aircraft demanded through its intercom, which made Max scoffed at that.

“Like fucking hell I would do that!” Max shouted before he allowed Kanoe to hop on his back as she wrapped her arms around Max while he lifted her legs. “Hang on tight and don’t let go, got it?”

“R-Right!” Kanoe nodded before he jumped in the air and began leaping over from rooftop to rooftop while they were being chased after the aircraft, firing every shot directly at them.

“So Max, tell me that you have a plan?!” AJ’s voice shouted through the intercom, which started to annoyed Max but he couldn’t help but kept a cocky grin on his face.

“Easy! One, don’t let this girl get killed or fall off my back! Two, avoid death from these crazy shitheads! Three, find a way to get far away from them and finally, four, get all the way back home in due time!” Max explained.

“That…isn’t really much of a plan, but knowing you, it always pays well…Alright, anything else I need to know about?!”

“Actually, there’s one!” Max yelled before he notices a bunch of tall buildings over by the distance, prompting him to smirk.

“Okay…what is it?” AJ asked curiously.

“…Could you go to the kitchen and prepare me some meat?” Max asked, earning a sweat-drop from Kanoe.

“MAX!” AJ screamed, nearly deafening Max’s and Kanoe’s ears. Max shook his head before grinning cockily and exclaimed “What? This is a fantastic workout!”

“In what way do you consider this a workout?!” Kanoe exclaimed.

“Oh quiet! You’ll be fine and enjoy the ride!” Max snorted before he begins jumping over to the abandoned streets and kept avoiding getting shot by the aircraft.

Max let out a cocky grin before he leaps over to the tallest building and begins running to it, letting out a ‘woohoo’ in the process from all the adrenaline that was in him. Kanoe held on tight against around his neck before they managed to sidestep away some gun fires by the helipad.

Max managed to arrive to the rooftop before placing Kanoe down and prepared to fire his move.

“Okay! Get ready!” Max grinned cockily till the aircraft flew up in the air as many soldiers flew right out of the aircraft and landed right in front of him before aiming their guns at him.

“Oh no!” Kanoe gasped.

“Tch! Don’t worry, just as long as you don’t get killed!” Max assured, earning an angry and bewildered look.

“And just how reassuring is that?!” Kanoe exclaimed.

“Just stay back!” Max yelled back at her.

“Freeze you stray mutt! You aren’t going nowhere!” A soldier spoken, readying his gun.

“Okay…but can you handle this?” Max let out a smirk before slowly got into a pounce and slowly began wrapping around in a dark energy that shocked Kanoe. The soldiers all widened their eyes and aimed their guns at him before his body began to change, his muscles became slightly larger, his hair also grew a bit, the fangs and claws became a lot more noticeable and his eye color changed to blood red.

Kanoe stared at the thing with widened eyes and slowly turned pale upon seeing the young man who looked basically human to her to be transformed into a monster.

“What are you waiting for?! Fire!” The soldiers yelled before firing their guns at him. Max disappeared in a flash as the soldiers kept firing wherever he went till he appeared before them. He swung his left arm and slashed them through their armor, leaving nasty claw mark on them. Another soldier attempted to shoot him, but Max disappeared and the soldier accidentally shot his own comrade.

“No! Clyde!” The soldier exclaimed in shock till Max grabbed him by the head and threw him over with the soldiers before letting out a loud roar as the ship flew down and attempted to kill him.

“This is your last warning! Surrender now or die!” The pilot shouted, but Max slowly turned to him with a nasty look on his face. He slowly extended his massive paw before firing a blue shot straight at the wing, making the ship lose control and slowly began crashing down towards the bottom of the building.

“DIE YOU MONSTER!” Two soldiers gotten back up and aimed their guns directly at him before shooting straight at the beast. Max soon appeared in front of them before grabbing their guns and crushing them together in a metallic ball.

“You were saying assholes?” Max asked, his voice showed how deadly he was. Kanoe could felt a chill up her spine, feeling scared upon hearing that tone of his.

“Um…we’re sorry?” The two soldiers squeaked out in fear. Max narrowed his eyes before slashing the two in the chest, spewing out blood in the process as the two men landed on the ground, twitching in pain.

“Ha…don’t worry. You’ll live…hopefully. Consider this a lesson to never harm anyone.” Max scoffed before slowly reverting back to his normal state. The soldiers all lay on the floor, either badly injured, unconscious, or dead.

Max soon turned to Kanoe, who was staring at him with a pale look on her face.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” Max asked, walking over to her. “If it’s about those guys, don’t bother with them. At least, not anymore. You’ll be safe from-”

“W-What is going on anymore?! I don’t get it any of this!” Kanoe exclaimed, holding her head in shock. “I-I…”

“Jeez, what knocked your ass off?” Max wondered, scratching the back of his head. “Look, how about you calm the fuck down and we can get started on getting to the base.”

Kanoe stood on her legs and stared at the boy in horror, wondering if she should trust him or not. She started to lose her mind from all of this. She couldn’t handle all the craziness she’s experiencing today.

However, before she could say anything, she saw a weakened soldier slowly grabbing his rifle gun and aimed straight at Max while his back was behind.

“Watch out!” Kanoe screamed as she immediately races over and pushes him away as the soldier pulled the trigger, shooting straight at her, and one of them shot her on the torso.

Kanoe slowly turned pale before looking down, seeing her shirt being covered in blood. In her own blood, that is.

“Ugh….w-what…?” Kanoe coughed up before she slowly began falling down while Max turned shocked upon seeing her fall down and take the shot for him.

“Hey! Wait! No!” Max shouted before running towards her and managing to grabbed her and stared at her in shock as she slowly bled out. He grits his teeth before growling angrily.

The boy gave the weakened soldier a death glare, who smirked at him.

“What’s…wrong…? Can’t handle…to save…a girl…like her…?” The weakened soldier laughed, however, he slowly began stopping the moment Max raised his hand in front of him. “Umm….is it too late to-”

Before he could finish, Max fired another blue energy ball straight at him as the soldier screamed and was engulfed by it, exploding right in front of his eyes.

Max let out a huff before grumbling “Freaking smartass…I was gonna spare ya ass till ya shot her. Ugh, I guess even those guys can’t learn morals in front of a girl…then again, I don’t.”

“Ugh…Ngh…” Max turned back to Kanoe, who was flinching around in pain as she could feel the pain from the bullet deep within her torso. “Help…ow…it hurts.”

“You idiot! Hold on!” Max quickly grabbed her and lifted her by the shoulders before racing out of the scene. He began running with his might as he carried her on his back, racing on all four. “Don’t worry, we’re almost there…!”

“Max, what’s happening?” Max looks over at the intercom, but didn’t have time due to running with all his might. However, he was able to give an answer by shouting out in response.

“We got a problem! I need to go and give the old man the word about this! I’m coming back to base as fast as I can!”

“W-What? Are you hurt?” Max gritted his teeth as Kanoe coughed weakly before he yelled out “JUST FUCKING DO IT, DUDE!”

“OW! My ears! O-Okay dude! I’m on it!” AJ complained before turning the transmitter off as Max managed to reach out of the deserted and broken down city wasteland before heading into the forest while Kanoe slowly closed her eyes, slowly succumbing to her wounds.

“Where….am…I….?” Kanoe wondered before slowly closing her eyes while Max glances at her before seeing something up the distance, prompting him to smirk.

“Ha ha ha! There we go!” Max smirked before turning to Kanoe. “You, on the other hand, just sit back and relax. We’re almost there…”

And this…is the start of my story. A new chapter of this crazy story that I’ll be in. I don’t know the answers to how I got here, but this is the start of the many things that I’ll be going through. In the mysterious world…of Inu…

To Be Continued

Author's Note:

I came up with this idea of a spin-off with the full permission of Solaris himself. This is non-canonical spin-off with his series. However, his OC's will make brief appearances in the spin-off and will exactly follow the plot of The Tale of a Lost Wolf, but that'll wait someday. I made some OC's of my own for this spin-off. I'm not sure if I'll be good, but I wish all support for everyone and I hope you like the prologue. Until then, sayonara readers!

And don't worry, I'll be sure to do another spin-off for the Tale of a Lost Wolf with my OC's and Solaris Night's OC, Trider. Just be patient...hopefully.