• Published 21st Jun 2019
  • 249 Views, 0 Comments

Chaos Theory: Broken Phoenix - Littlepony115



From her childhood home burning to the ground, all the way to her current hardships, Nova Épeler has fought tooth and nail through everything the world threw at her. She has, however, finally been given one job that could prove to be too difficult.

  • ...
 0
 249

Prologue

Prologue

“And how many is that now?” She asked, checking her nails absent-mindedly. “Must be three, four?”

“Yes, the third this week. The Épeler household this time,” Blueblood replied, his expression fixed into a grim mask and his knuckles noticeably white from grasping his hands together.

“You mean the religious nutters with the fucked-up daughter? Would’ve never guessed someone wanted them gone.”

He sighed, prizing his hands apart as he did so. Orion Star never really did have a very subtle way with words. Of course, she would change her tune once she knew just how important this family had been. Even she knew how important bits were. Obsessed with the following of Faust as they were, they had been giving a significant amount of money to the ‘Théorie Du Chaos Project’ ever since its conception. Essentially, they had held a lot of the thing together in this piece of the world. Truly they were the most expensive benefactors Prance had held.

“Yes. The ones with the ‘fucked-up’ daughter who donated a monthly amount of over two-thousand bits to the project, Star.”

She paused, unfolding her legs and leaning back into the soft, faux leather of her chair.

“Oh. Right.”

Standing up, Blueblood leant against the thick wood of his office desk and uncorked a nearby bottle of a pale, light liquid.

“Meilleur vin,” He muttered, under his breath. The servants in his Prench branch certainly knew their wine, at least. Perhaps it would even be enough to take his mind off his loss.

“Was it… Another fire, then?”

“Of course. What else would it be? First the Equestria-based Lab and now my noble donators. One by one, like a stream of dominoes.” He wouldn’t deny that he was annoyed. The laboratory had held his little test sample for immortality and the donations had provided enough bits to make this entire thing go off without alerting his aunts. Now it was burnt to cinders.

Tilting the ornate, glass bottle, he watched as the liquid slowly crawled its way up his crystal goblet, bubbling from the fall between terminus and source.

“The daughter survived, by the way. It’s part of the reason I’m here,” Orion added, keeping a wary eye on the prince. “I know you were interested in her, but she’d been recovered by Prench emergency services as soon as she was found. If we try to take her now, it could cause a bit of a kerfuffle.”

“It’s not worth the bother. If I recall, she had her horn broken anyway, did she not?” He took a sip of the wine, wincing slightly as the full, sharp flavour hit his tongue. “I was interested in her raw magical abilities, so no. Broken magic isn’t as interesting.”

“What would you have me do in the meantime, if there is nothing else?”

“Keep an eye on her, but make it a low priority. Who knows, maybe one day we could use the power for something. As for now, we have bigger matters to attend to. Continue your usual duties and ensure Equestria does not fall to itself. Despite these setbacks, I still hold strong that this is the right path. The world will unite soon enough.”