• Published 7th Jul 2019
  • 378 Views, 15 Comments

Ian Zairon : The Equestrian Disruption - Icy Creation



Ian Zairon and his adventure during his first time in Equestria. This story has officially been cancelled, because quite honestly, it's rather shite.

  • ...
24
 15
 378

Chapter 3: Ian's Memories 1

Local Medium Memory Record 1
Ian Zairon Day 2
Equestria
Ponyville


I did nothing. That rainbow maned pony snatched me off the ground and I did nothing. That was not a reaction that I would have ever done normally. I can't believe I did nothing... Polaris would be so disappointed in me. After all the training, all the combat, all the horror that I've seen, my instinctual reaction should not have been to do nothing. My mind, is not as fast as it should be. That is proof. If my mind was as fast as usual, I would have had better wording than, "not as fast as it should be," it should have been worded so much better... I feel like I'm thinking, not just in honey, but in a fresh milkshake. I can normally think multiple trains of thought at once, faster than I can blink. Now it feels like not only can I only think of one idea at a time, my thoughts are going at the pace of continental drift. Is this what normal people think like? Yes it is, and I normally would have answered that by the time the neural pulses from my brain reached my arm muscles. What happened to me?

Polaris... Who was Pol- oh God. Polaris is dead... My only immortal friend is dead... The only one who could ever possibly live as long as I will... Unless... Maybe? Perhaps my immortality is gone along with Polaris? If my immortality is gone, then I need to build Aedra a permanent monument... Or something to keep her memory alive forever. I was that monument, an immortal living memorial for Aedra. Keeping her memory alive by keeping myself alive. I can't call her memories at will anymore. Over a hundred years of life, and now she is fading away again.

What happened after Polaris, left me? I remember that rainb- oh. Rainbow Dash. I don't know why she was there... But I remember threatening her with molecular destabilization, rendering her atoms incapable of forming bonds and causing the molecules to fall apart. Turning her into a mush of pure carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen, and any other elements that she was made up of. Looking back, I wouldn't have been able to do it because it requires Polaris.

Now that I think about it, is it just Polaris, or is it all of my alderine energy? I can test that. I just have to focus on it...

"Arggdhbvgklorttcedggagf."

Just a garbled mess of noises. But that specific garbled mess produces the right neural signals to interact with my own alderine energy to materialize my two blades, the Alderine Light and the Ignus Inferni. And as soon as I pronounced that garbled mess two flashes blinked and left behind were two swords. One, the Alderine light... Oh. No hands. Nevermind, I have no desire to describe two swords which I can't even use at the moment. At least that display proved that I still had my own alderine energy. Polaris took up a large portion of it, but I still have more than my brother or sister ever did. Unfortunately, all that means is I have more swords than they ever did. Two more, to be exact. Those two swords were the only thing I ever learned to create. And that was with Polaris' help and the ability to think along multiple tracks at once...

Why am I in a room? Come to think of it, why is my OW! My forehead! It hurts! "OW!"

Sorry about that. Back when I traveled with my friend Perceiver, he would always tell me to not only record what had happened, but also what is happening. You probably have no idea who I, or we if I lost my memory, am/are. My/our name is Ian Zairon. I am/we are the last remaining Guardian of all Worlds. If you are me, then that should be enough for you to start out with.

Yes, but on a more serious note, I believe that my forehead is damaged. The pain is not subsiding and I believe I can feel something impaled into it. I will have to see if there is a hospital nearby that can tell me just how lucky I am.

I have underestimated the tenacity of these ponies in terms of just how ignorant they can be. They are laughing about me having a horn when I clearly have no such thing. If I had a horn, I think I would've noticed by now.

I have a horn. I can clearly feel it with my hooves and can clearly feel through it now that I know it is there. It hurts. It hurts so very badly. I can barely focus on writing this. I can't block pain out like I used to do. I feel every stab of pain in my horn. It is getting worse. It's like being stabbed with a serrated dagger over and over again, each time hurting worse than the last. I know from exprne...

I passed out from the pain while writing that last word. It was supposed to be, "experience," but it turned out as what you saw. It also turns out ponies are not quite as ignorant as I thought, seeing as how I am not on the floor at the moment, but in a hospital bed.

I have a visitor, a mare named Icy Creation. She should be in shortly.

And by shortly, apparently I meant now. She has just cone in. I will try my best to transcribe everything that is said between us while still putting detail in the little things, as Perceiver once put it.

It was no surprise that Creation was the one to speak first. "Hello? I hope I did not disturb you. I found you on the ground, unconscious and decided to take you into town and get you a room. You can call me Icy."

I hesitantly responded, not knowing the social customs of this world, with a simple greeting and a name. "Hello there, Icy... Uhhh...

There was a long pause after that. Understandably so. That joke was absolutely horrific. Especially since I didn't actually give it an ending. Finally, "Jokes are not something you are good at, are they?"

"Honestly, no. I have always preferred to appreciate humor rather than create it. Although since my sister died ninety-two years ago, I haven't done much in the way of appreciating humor either." Honestly,
pure honesty has only gotten me into trouble before. At best, it's gotten a laugh, at worst I was thrown into an SCP containment cell for a few years. I still to this day do not understand how they were so successful at containing me. Even Khorne, the Blood God himself from the Imperium of Man universe, couldn't touch me. Of course, that was with Polaris. I am much more touchable now.

"Oh... I'll ask at a later date. What's your name? I just realized I still don't know it."

I haven't actually thought of a name as of yet. Normally I would have nine fully formed cover stories and one backup. However, my mind is running on one track instead of the usual twenty, and it is working at what feels like one twenty-fifth of its usual speed. So I am improvising based on the few names I've heard here so far.

"Dimension Shift. My name is Dimension Shift. I guess you could just call me Shift."

"Okay, well, Shift, I'm getting bored now. If you get out of the hospital today, look for a cloud with sparks coming off of it. That's where I'll be."

A cloud? She can walk on clouds? "A cloud?"

"Well yeah. What's the point of giving myself wings if I'm not gonna go all the way and give myself pegasus magic?"

"I'm not sure I can walk on clouds..."

"Of course you can!" Icy said like it was the most obvious thing in the world, "Your an alicorn! You have pegasus, unicorn, and earth pony magic. Although I'm not sure you have the third one. If you have pegasus magic, you can walk on clouds."

Oh... Well, time to come up with a very convincing lie. "Uhhh... I've... Umm... I've never tried before?" Not exactly what I had in mind on either front, the convincing part or the lie part, but it will do.

"Okay... Well... I won't dig any deeper into that right now since you clearly put a lot of.effort into that most amazing of lies. I'll see you later. Maybe." And with that Icy took off. Literally. Those metal wings are amazing! Anyway, I should probably end this here. I have too much thinking to do, not enough time. Especially with only one track accessible. A track is essentially a line of thought. Typically, I have twenty tracks, which lets me think twenty different things at once. Now, without Polaris, I have only one track. Anyway, I should end this now.

It still amazes me that normal people are able to get by with their thoughts being so painfully slow. It feels like I am thinking in ballistic gel. It almost hurts.


Oh God. Equetecire! (Like saying "Holy F****** S*** in Fade. Fade is the official language of the (very successful) Pheonix Republic, the name of the one government of humanity in the universe I am from.)

I should explain what just happened. There was a bright black flash (anti-light) and a sound like explosive decompression. Then the thing that really startled me...
The robotic voice saying words that should never have been said again.

"Greetings from the Collective. The Collective welcomes all attempts to identify where this Collective unit is located. We are the Collective, and we will not hesitate to use lethal force. This unit is equipped with Error. This unit is equipped with Error. Excuse us one moment, there seems to be a memory break preventing us from disclosing these units armaments. One moment. There. This unit is equipped with, four, antihelium-helium matter disruption cannons. Two, non-lethal permanent-paralysis-programming nanomachine injectors. Eight, plasma-railgun hybrid submachine guns. One, self-detonation device exactly, one, mega ton in power. Stupid humans. As if the Collective would ever get into a situation where we would require self-detonation. Please be warned, any hostile advances will be met with lethal force. Greetings, from the Collective. We would find satisfaction in seeing this pristine landscape unmarred by the destructive force of our weapons during our stay. Hostile advances will deprive us of that satisfaction."

Author's Note:

Hello, I am Ian, or, if you are from Equestria, you may know me as Dimension Shift.

So then... I don't really have all that much to say here... Well, I will see you somewhere else then, I guess.