• Published 27th May 2019
  • 767 Views, 12 Comments

Trixie's Favorite Spots - Jhoira



After becoming the royal consort, Trixie is finding her favorite spots in the palace.

  • ...
3
 12
 767

Trixie's Favorite Spot To Read

Trixie glanced up at Princess Celestia who was busy examining her gold slipper and not paying attention to Trixie in the least. Trixie was nestled in front of the princess, would be between her two forelegs but one leg was lifted so that Celestia could examine her slipper. Trixie cleared her throat to get the princess' attention, who quickly looked down at the blue pony and smiled. "Ahh, you finished with the page precious?" Trixie nodded with a grin and Celestia's horn lit up turning the page on the book they were both reading. Trixie was only finished with the first page when Celestia began to float two glasses and a pitcher over to them. "Do you want some water precious?"

Trixie groaned and looked up at the Princess. "Princess... You're distracting Trixie from reading!" Celestia raised an eyebrow and Trixie blushed gently, looking to the side. "That is to say... Trixie would appreciate it if you let her read without extra distractions."

"Much better precious." Celesta wrapped one foreleg around Trixie causing her to squeak happily as she was squeezed affectionately. "My apologies precious, I'll try not to distract you... Perhaps you would like to read on your own and I can catch up?"

Trixie squirmed a bit, she couldn't really say no but she didn't want to read of her own. "Trixie... Trixie supposes that would work." Trixie felt a gentle nip at her ear, causing her to flick it, that was one of the ways that Celestia expressed her displeasure with her young consort. Trixie whined gently, knowing why Celestia was not so pleased, Trixie had been falling back into stretching the truth like when she was being a showpony. "Trixie wants to read it with you princess but... You're too quick!"

Princess Celestia smiled and laid a gentle kiss right between the blue unicorn's ears. "Sorry, when you've been teaching as long as I have you learn to read through things very quickly. I will simply have to be patient is all. But I'm happy to do it for you precious."

Trixie smiled, she always got a small thrill when Celestia used the pet name she had for her. Luckily for Trixie, the princess used it a lot. Now with Celestia being less distracted, the two managed to get through about twenty pages before Trixie noticed the change. Celestia was usually very passively cuddly with her. Enjoying stroking her main, cuddling up against her, giving her a soft kiss every now and then, but now she was simply sitting there waiting and reading almost mechanically. Trixie looked up at the princess. "This is killing you isn't it princess?"

Princess Celestia sighed and nodded. "Yes, I'm sorry precious but I was really trying my best. I can't say that it's unpleasant to have you simply here with me but when I'm waiting for something to happen and am concentrating on not reacting so I don't ruin what might be coming up for you it can get a little bit stressful."

Trixie sighed and nodded. "Trixie supposes there's nothing for it except to read it on our own isn't it?"

Celestia nuzzled down into Trixie's main. "I'm sorry precious I know you wanted to share this book with me but we'll just have to share it by chapter not by page, hmm? After each chapter, we can discuss it and that will be very close to reading it together."

Trixie was not thrilled but she nodded, she'd assumed that reading together was something that couples did but since Celestia was too fast a reader she couldn't do it with her princess. "Trixie's sorry she's not a faster reader princess."

That, however, caused Princess Celestia to laugh out loud, smiling down at the young mare/ "Precious, I promise you almost the last thing I look for in a mate is their reading speed, or else I would have kept Twilight here with me."

Though usually, Trixie took even a vague comparison to Twilight Sparkle poorly she just had to give out a sharp laugh at that comment, it was so very true. Trixie smiled and nodded, her own horn lighting up as she grabbed the book. "How about Trixie finishes the chapter, then you can read it, then we can talk, with how much faster you read it'll give us less downtime between reading and talking about it, okay?"

Celestia started to nod before freezing a slow smile spreading across her muzzle and she shook her head. "Oh! I thought of a far better idea precious."

Trixie smiled, she liked better ideas, though she would have just a few weeks ago bucked at the concept of anyone having a better idea than the great and powerful Trixie. "What's your idea princess?"

Princess Celestia just grinned and got up, climbing down off their shared bed. "Oh you'll see precious, but I need to go get a few things, no reading while I'm gone, okay?"

Trixie let out a small playful whine but nodded. "Trixie promises not to read without you, unless you take too long."

Celestia chuckled happily as she left the room. Trixie grinned and got up, trotting over to her wardrobe, the second best part about being here in the palace, besides being with Princess Celestia, was her new capes! Trixie opened the wardrobe to reveal her new capes and hats, and her old ones, though they were just in there for sentimental reasons not use reasons. She grinned, seventeen new, high-quality capes and hats, plus the set she was wearing made eighteen in total. And Celestia had ordered six more much to Trixie's delight. Each one was a bit different, that one had a different pattern that one was fur lined for impromptu napping, and that one was shielded from magic! For some reason... She bounced a little and missed Celestia coming into the room, saying, "you really like those don't you?"

Trixie smiled and nodded, trotting back over to Celestia. "Oh yes! Yes, Trixie loves her new capes thank you!" Celestia smiled and motioned back up to the bed, which Trixie climbed up on to see that Celestia had brought snacks. Trixie giggled happily and started to munch on a few daisies as Celestia nestled her back into her little nest between Celestia's forelegs, Trixie tiled her head as she looked up. "So what's your idea princess?"

Celestia smiled as she raised the book in the air in front of her and started to read. For a moment Trixie was going to protest, but then she smiled to herself, snuggling into the little cave she had, yawning gently as she continued to munch on daisies, wrapping her cape around herself in an impromptu blanket. It wasn't one of her lined caps but the princess was close, and she was warm too. Trixie snuggled up into the princess and closed her eyes to listen to the story.