• Published 1st Jan 2020
  • 796 Views, 33 Comments

Dazzling Homecoming - FourShadow



The Dazzlings trip takes a short detour... a detour back to a place they haven't been to in a long time...

  • ...
3
 33
 796

Chapter 1: Crash

Thunderclouds ravaged the skies. Winds blowing hard. Darkness all around. Lightning bolts striking the sky, accompanied by the loud thunderous boom. A single private jet was soaring through the stormy weather, trying to make it's destination. Somehow in the midst of leaving California, the jet took a bad detour and somehow ended up leaving the United States and overseas. Though there was really one person to blame for this mistake;

"And it's you, Adagio! It's all on you!" Sonata Dusk cried, screaming at her oldest sister. "We're all gonna dieeeeee!"

"Sonata, calm down!" Aria yelled, grabbing her younger sister by the shoulders. "We're gonna be fine. We survived King Arthur, we survived both World Wars, the Great Depression, the Holocaust, Jonestown, Vietnam, we've been through much worse than this! It's gonna be okay, got it!?"

Sonata quaked in her older sister's grasp, nodding nervously. The oldest sister, Adagio, who was in the pilot seat sighed and rubbed the bridge above her nose.

"Look Sonata, it's going to be okay. I'm going to radio any nearby frequencies, maybe we're near an airport and we don't realize it."

"Adagio, I jumped off the plane five minutes ago to check, we are no where near any continents," Aria replied, putting herself in the co-pilot seat.

"Well if that's the case, maybe the Coast Guard will pick us up. Just got to have faith," Adagio smiled, patting her shoulder.

Aria, to be frank, wasn't so sure if she should believe her. Knowing the last few times they had run in with military in the present, it didn't go exactly as they had hoped. But just then, a bright flash of lightning literally flashed before their eyes, followed by another loud boom.

"Okay, now we have to get somewhere to land," Adagio said with some urgency. She picked up her headset, pulling the microphone to her ears. "If there's anyone in the area, please respond. This is Atlantis Airway, please respond."

No response.

"Please, if anyone can pick up, we are lost and we need somewhere to land. My coordinates are--"

The entire jet rattled, throwing Adagio and her two sisters out of their seats. Their bodies slammed against the ceiling of the plane and then were tossed back onto the ground.

"What was that!?" Sonata cried.

Adagio pulled herself back into the pilot seat, and her face exploded. The entire panel was blaring with red lights and alarms all around.

"Okay, something's gone wrong, what happened!?"

Aria looked out the window with a fearful face, but then her face drooped into a deadpan expression. "One of the engines is on fire."

"Aria, don't joke about that!" Adagio panicked.

"No, one of the engines is actually on fire!"

"WHAT!?"

Adagio ran up to look out the window and gasped. One of the engines was on fire, and smoking! And the propeller had stopped spinning like it should.

"Engine one is on fire," Aria began. Then she looked out the other window. "And we lost engine two."

Adagio moaned. "Come on, not now..."

But as Adagio started pressing buttons at random on the plane's dashboard out of sheer panic, a transmission began to pick up over the headset. When Adagio picked it up, she heard a man on the other side calling to her.

"Unidentified pilots, please turn your jet around and come to the carrier. It's too dangerous to be flying out in this storm, turn yourselves around and come here at once. Over."

The man watching the jet didn't get a reply, all that was replied was a few shorts of static. But it sounded like someone was speaking to him!

"Can't!-- move around--locked--up. Engines---shot---losing---power!!!"

And the transmission cut out.

"What was that? I did not understand, I repeat, I do not understand, over!"

All he received was nothing but static. And up in the skies, the sailors could see what was happening. One of the engines on the jet was smoking and on fire. Worse, it was spiraling out of control!

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!"

And the plane continued to run straight down.

"AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!" Adagio screamed, arms flailing like deflating balloons.

And the plane kept diving.

"AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!" Aria and Sonata simultaneously screamed.

And the plane kept diving.

The men watched as the jet roared down to the island. And then the plane vanished into the trees. It wasn't until a sudden mushroom cloud of fire and smoke burst out of the island could they see where they had crashed.

"What the--okay, send out the search and rescue squads, now!" The captain ordered.

"Yes captain, right away."

A small craft was dropped onto the waters, and with the men all gathered, they were ready to go. The engines were turned on, and they raced towards the island. The men had their coats, their boots, medical kits, possible guns in case of defense required, they gathered everything needed for this operation.

The boat beached onto the island, and all the crew jumped out one by one. They charged deep into the jungle with their flashlights, their tools, they got all the power and steel they needed! Besides, they didn't mind the rain.

As they wandered deeper into the jungle, everyone came to a halt. A few sparks flashed in the jungle, calling to them. And when they found the source, they saw electrical wiring and cables that were still fizzing from the damage.

"Well, we found the crashed plane," One of the men said, pointing the flashlight towards the jet.

Two men walked towards the plane, pushing through some of the smoldering debris that had fallen with it. Pushing a few leaves out of the way, they got closer until they found the door. Tugging on the door, there was no luck. Until another man came to the door with a heavy tool to try and yank the door open. Sliding it in between the crack, he yanked hard as he could, until the door finally broke it's lock and opened up.

They pulled the door open, flashing their lights inside. The interior of the plane was a little dark, with the only lights provided being the lights that were still working in the cabin and in the passenger area. There were a few gaping holes in the skin of the plane, with rain from outside falling right through and staining the floors.

"Any sign of the pilots?"

The first man looked around, flashing the light towards everything. "No. I can't see anyone." He stepped inside, shining his light all around the floors and sides of the interiors. As he looked around, a woman stepped inside to investigate as well, a representative of the National Transportation Safety Board. She came along with the rest of the rescue team to do a comb through of the ship.

The first man opened up the bathroom doors, hoping that there was at least someone bracing themselves within. Nothing. Nothing in the first one, and nothing in the second one. And there was nothing else in the back as well.

"No one's here," The man said.

"And based on how bad the windshield is, I say whoever they were, they were thrown through it," the woman replied, looking at the shape of the cabin. "Look at the glass, and then look down to the nose. The plane smashed into something first, and based on the angle of how it's dented along with the shards of glass that have been broken, it looks like the pilots were thrown through."

"What gives you that theory?"

"You didn't see the pilots jump out with parachutes, right?" The woman asked.

"Right."

"So if they didn't jump out, they must have been trying to steer the plane to have a soft landing, but couldn't do so."

"Even then, what caused the plane to spiral out of control?" He asked.

"Follow me," she gestured. The two of them walked back into the rain where the rest of the crew was standing. Their eyes and flashlights all focused towards the engine that was still smoking and in flames. Drops of rain were visible through the light of the flames despite it not being enough to evaporate the fire.

"Look at the cracks on the plating. Penetrated through, and look at all the blackened marks, the impact created several sparks, not including the fire," She finished. "In conclusion; Their plane was hit with a bolt of lightning, they tried to land it safely but failed to do so, and upon the crash, they were tossed right through the windshield."

"But if they're not here, then where are they?"

Unbeknownst to them, they had fallen far away from the crash. Deeper in the jungle. The Dazzlings had crashed, but upon crashing, they bounced through several trees like bowling balls until they hit something hard enough which knocked them all out one by one. And unfortunately, the guards didn't even see them enraptured by vines from plants which dragged them into a giant pit of quicksand which started to engulf them all.

All that remained was a hand sinking through the quicksand, while the minerals surrounding the hand softly glowed...


The early hours of the morning were quiet. Very quiet, almost as if you could hear a pin drop. A large mass of plains were asleep, next to the masses of hills and mountains. Crickets were chirping and a few fireflies were buzzing around, occasionally showing a speck of light or two. But the morning sun, all the way across the horizon began to rise. Slowly it cast it's glare across the land, bringing light for a new day.

Light brought itself upon a town, sitting in the middle of a valley, surrounded by a small river and hills and mountains. Apple trees protected by surrounding fences, all in the lands belonging to a big apple-farm just down the road to it. A fountain rested in the middle of a small area on the left side of town, with plenty of water rushing through. All the homes in town were made of concrete and wood, with straw hay forming many of the roofs. Roads and paths paved all throughout the town, connecting them all together.

As the morning hours continued to draw nearer, the entire town began to wake up. Curtains and windows opened, letting the light inside. Shops began to open for the day, ready for the customers to come. The morning rooster cawed at the skies. Everyone within the town was getting up to start the day. Especially the individual living over at the tree palace, a palace that had erupted from the ground up. Everyone in town knew who it belonged to, and they were happy to be sharing the same hometown with her.

A set of glass doors opened up, allowing entry to the balcony. Sounds of hooves clopping along the terrace as the individual stepped out to view the morning sun. As the sun finally reached up all the way to the sky, it's light reflected upon the blue mare who gazed out to see it.

An alicorn, in fact. A pair of wings and horn on it's body, with an ice white mane. A cutie mark in the shape of a cresent moon with a magician's wand next to it. A pair of violet eyes opened up to greet the day with a joyful smile on her face as she galloped and cheered to the heavens.

"Good morning, Equestria!"