• Published 10th Aug 2012
  • 868 Views, 26 Comments

The day to day life of Crystal - Cobalt the Kitsune



Being a mom is though without assassins trying to kill you every other day.

  • ...
5
 26
 868

Proof

"A human? Are you sure? What did it look like?" Crystal had told her friends about her date with Shadow and how at the end of the night he was taken though a portal by something.

"It was about six feet tall, walked on two legs. It was wearing a hood so I didn't see it's face."

"Hands! Did it have hands?!" Lyra pressed.

"I think so. But it was dark and I couldn't tell."

"Um, Crystal how much did you have to drink last night?" Octavia had a look on her face that said. 'I fear for your sanity'

"I wasn't drunk if that's what you mean" Crystal shot Tavia a glare. "I saw that...that...thing that Shadow away."

"Seriously Crystal how gullible do we look? Your telling me a human came outta know were, snatched up Shadow then disappeared again? Did you really expect us to believe that? Well maybe her." Vinyl tilted her head towards Lyra.

"Well he did tell me about some sort of shadow council. And the human yelled at him about breaking some sort of oath."

"The human could talk!?" Lyra looked absolutely dumbfounded.

"Listen Crystal, were all your friends here and we care about you But.."

"You don't believe me do you?"

"Well your story is very... surreal."

"It's not a story!" Crystal slams her hoof on the table I saw Shadow taken with my own to eyes."

"Sit down Crystal." Bon-Bon gently pushed her friend back into her chair . "I'm sure shadow fine.

.........

A cloaked human pulls Shadow out of a tub of ice water by his mane. "How much did you tell her!"

"I swear I did tell her any thing."

"Lair!" The human forces him back down for another moment or two then pulls the coughing stallion back up.

"All right, all right. *cough, cough* I told her I worked for you and that we influenced the government."

A new voice echos from the darkness. "You let your heart rule your head." The voice was as smooth as silk yet chilling to the bone. "You let yourself get involved and know the plan is compromised."

"What is the plan anyways?"

"Punish him."

As the first human takes him away Shadow calls out. "No, No! Please give me another chance. I can help you!"

.........

Well Crystal if your friends don't believe you you'll just have to get some proof. Crystal takes a camera out of her drawer. I knew I kept you for a reason. The camera had been a birthday gift from an old friend ,Snapshot. She often though about selling it or giving it away ,but for some reason she had always deiced against it.

She went to the ally way where see saw Shadow disappear. Now how does the recreation spell go? Crystal lowers her head and her horn starts glowing with a pale blue aura. a small portal starts to open Come on! Come on! The aura grows at the same rate the portal does. Crystal now physically strained every ounce of magic to her horn.

A sudden burst of magic launches her back. She shook off her daze and saw she had created a stable portal. Sweet. Crystal get's to her hooves and walks through the portal. She then found her self in a spacious corridor. The obsidian walls reflected the eerie light from blue flames. It seems that a cold wind blew down from the end of it. After stuttering she snapped a picture.

She ducked behind a pillar when she hear two humans coming. "Did you hear about the pony."

"The one that broke the oath? Oh, I heard he's going to wish he was never born." *click*

"What was that?"

"Most likely nothing, Let's get outta here HQ gives me the chills"

"Yeah me too."

Crystal watched to two humans walk through a portal. The pony? Are they talking about Shadow? Crystal then deiced to follow the corridor towards the origin of the icy wind. Crystal didn't see any other humans after that first encounter. Until she heard a conversation from behind a door. She put here ear against the door.

"Canterlot? I would have to turn myself into a pony to go unnoticed there."

"Then do so. The plan requires the utmost anonymity."

The plan? What is this plan? Crystal continues down the corridor. Suddenly she hears a moan of pain. Shadow!

Crystal ruses into a room full of racks and whips and other devices of torture. Chained to the wall a black pegasus ,he was beaten and whipped.

"Crystal! I am so glad to see you get me outta here!"

"Shh! They might hear!" Crystal shoots a blast of magic at the right cuff and it fell off.

"How'd you get here anyways?"

Crystal shot the other cuff. "I reopened that human's portal."

"Are you sure no one saw you?" Shadow rubbed his wrists.

Suddenly a Cloaked human bragged in. "THE PRISONER IS ESCAPING!" He bellowed. "THE PRISONER IS ESCAPING!"

"Out of my way!" Shadow pushed past Crystal.

One the humans caught sigh of Crystal camera. "She has evidence!" Suddenly a mass of humans come after her.

Oh, dear! She did a magically assisted flip over the crowd while snapping photos in mid air. When she touched down she started running the way she came while a horde of humans gave chase.

Crystal ran fast and hard. Shadow's tale end got suck in portal preventing any further collapse.

"Um, help."

Crystal started to push Shadow in further. "You and your fat flank are going to get us..." The clicking of machine gun bolts being pulled back echoed though the chamber. "caught."