• Published 3rd May 2019
  • 890 Views, 18 Comments

Call of the Wild: A Power Rangers Story - TheHardie-Boy



When an ancient, evil artifact makes its way to Equestria, it’s up to the Wild Force Power Rangers to save it

  • ...
4
 18
 890

Ultimate revenge (part 1)

“Finally, the time for your revenge is at hand, doctor,” said Nayzor, referring to the seed he just planted in the Everfree Forest. The seed wasted no time sprouting and creating a cocoon. The cocoon opened and revealed a human that was in his sixties, wearing a hospital gown from Earth.

“Dr. Adler, how nice of you to join me,” said Nayzor.

Meanwhile

Princess Shayla felt a sharp pain in her chest, a pain she hadn’t felt in a long time, not since she met Cole.

“Princess Shayla, are you okay?” asked Twilight, trotting over to her.

“I-I don’t know. Something just...happened, something bad,” Shayla responded.

“Like what? What did it feel like?”

“I’m...not sure. I know I’ve felt it before...but I just don’t know why,” Shayla explained.

“Should we tell the others?”

“I...I think that would be a good idea.”

Meanwhile

“Nayzor, where am I? Why have you brought me here?” asked Dr. Adler.

“Don’t get so excited. The answer to your question is simple. I brought you here to finally exact your revenge on the Red Wild Force Ranger,” Nayzor answered.

Dr. Adler’s Head was instantly filled with dark memories at the mention of the Red Wild Ranger. Visions of swallowing the seeds, of killing the parents, of being defeated when victory was so close.

“How? How can I get my revenge? I am powerless. They will destroy me on sight!” yelled Dr. Adler.

“Now that is where I come in.”

Meanwhile

“Rangers, I have felt something that I have not felt in years. I don’t know what it is for sure, but I know that it is not good. You must remain on your guard at all times,” Princess Shayla said.

“I don’t get it. Did Nayzor get the Org Heart?” Alyssa asked.

“I don’t believe so, but I have sent Twilight to make sure it is still safe.”

“When else have you felt this?” asked Cole.

“Well, the first time I felt this was when Animys was defeated by Master Org, before Merik destroyed him with the Wolf Mask. I felt it again just before I met Cole, and again when the Wild Zords were destroyed.”

“So, you feel this every time something bad happens,” surmised Merik.

“And not like anything, but something really bad,” added Taylor.

“What else do these events have in common?” asked Alyssa.

Cole went wide-eyed with realization. “Guys, I-I think I know what they all have in common.”

“Great. What is it?”

Just before Cole could answer, Twilight appeared before them. “Well, the good news is...the Org Heart is safe,” she panted.

“Does that mean there’s bad news?” Max asked cautiously.

“Kind of,” Twilight answered sheepishly.

Meanwhile

Vines reached out from the forest and toward Sweet Apple Acres. Applejack and her siblings did the best they could. Fending them off, but the vines didn’t cease.

“Why is this happening?” asked Applebloom.

“Ah don’t know. The Tree of Harmony’s not in any danger, and Twilight said the Org Heart was still safe,” Applejack answered.

A vine swung down on top of Applebloom and nearly crushed her. Applejack rushed toward the vine, but it came down on top of Applebloom.

“No!” Applejack shouted.

“Applejack, Ah’m alright,” said Applebloom, walking up to her sister.

“But, the vine, and you were...”

“I got her. You guys need to get inside somewhere,” said Merik, appearing out of nowhere.

“Thanks, Merik. Ah don’t know how to thank ya,” said Applejack.

“No thanks necessary. But really, you need to get inside. The castle’s your best bet,” Merik explained.

“You heard ‘em! To the castle!” shouted Applejack. With that, she and her siblings ran to the castle. Merik quickly turned around and sliced through another vine coming down on him.

“How impressive, ranger. Too bad, this is it for you,” said a new, male voice with an American accent. Before Merik could turn around to see who said that, he was knocked out by a vine.

Meanwhile

Starlight fired a spell at an incoming vine, shredding it instantly. She teleported away from another and blasted it as well. Rainbow Dash tried using clouds to zap the vines away, but that didn’t work very well. If anything, it made the vines attack even more.

Max slashed down a vine with his shark fins, and Taylor pinned a few down with her sword before cutting them with her crystal saber. Danny threw his axe at one of the vines and punched another one back before retrieving his axe. Alyssa used her baton to hold down a vine as Cole used his lion fist to bite it.

“We can’t keep this up!” shouted Rainbow.

“But what are we gonna do? And where are they even coming from?” asked Max.

Before anyone could answer, Applejack came running up to the scene. “We need...to get...to the castle,” she panted.

“Where’s Merik? I thought he was going to get you,” said Cole.

“He’s back at Sweet Apple Acres. He said the castle was our best bet at survival.”

“There is no chance for survival for you, rangers,” said a familiar voice.

“No way,” said Max.

“It can’t be,” said Danny.

“That’s impossible,” said Alyssa.

“We destroyed him,” said Taylor.

“What? Who are you talking about?” asked Starlight.

All eight of them turned to see a large human in brown robes with three eyes and a horn on his forehead. He wore a devilish smile and held a staff in his hand.

“Master Org,” said Cole.

“We have some unfinished business, red ranger,” said Master Org.

“What are you talking about? I’m not gonna fight you!” Cole yelled back.

“No? Then I guess I wouldn’t be needing this,” Master Org retorted, using a vine to hold up another familiar figure.

“Merik!” shouted Alyssa.

“Let him go, now!” commanded Taylor.

“Not until your friend has defeated me.”

“I’m a Power Ranger. I’m not gonna pay some ransom. I fight to protect the innocent, not just to fight!” yelled Cole.

“Too bad. Looks like I’ll just have to destroy him, like I did your parents.”

Cole’s blood began to boil as he clenched his fists. “You’ve gone too far this time, Master Org. I’ll fight you, but not until you release Merik.”

“As you wish.” With that, Master Org tossed Merik’s unconscious body aside and pointed his staff at Cole.

“Get to the castle. This is gonna get really ugly, really fast,” Cole told his friends.

“No. We’re not leaving you to deal with this guy alone,” Taylor insisted.

“Yeah, man, we’re your friends. We’re here to help,” added Max.

“I said go! Grab Merik and tell the others what’s going on. Then meet me back here to finish him off,” Cole instructed.

“Alright then, if you insist. Be careful though,” said Alyssa.

With that, Taylor and Danny picked up Merik, and they all made their way to the castle, leaving Cole and Master Org.

“Seventeen years of waiting, and it will all be worth it,” said Master Org.

“We don’t have to fight. You can start over. You can put this life behind you and start a new one,” Cole offered.

Master Org simply scoffed in return. “Pathetic. I cannot turn from this path now even if I wanted to. Besides, I would still choose to be your enemy.”

“Why is this such a big deal to you?”

“Because, you are the only remaining piece of my past. Once I destroy you, every trace of my failure will be gone.”

“And then what? Have you ever considered what would happen if you did succeed? It’s not worth it!”

“Quiet, fool. You’re simply stalling. It’s time for my glorious revenge.”

With that, Master Org fired a beam of power out of his staff, sending Cole flying into the air. Cole immediately recovered and charged with his lion fist. Master Org blocked the attack and spun to strike back. Cole hit the ground, but he managed to kick Master Org off balance. Cole went for another shot, but Master Org blocked it and knocked it out of the way, leaving Cole open to attack.

Before Master Org could strike Cole, there was a huge earthquake. The ground shook, knocking both Cole and Master Org off their feet.

In the distance, Nayzor had changed into his super form and grew.

“Nayzor, what are you doing?” asked Master Org through gritted teeth.

“What does it look like I’m doing? I’m destroying this world piece by piece...including you,” Nayzor explained.

“What? We had a deal!”shouted Master Org.

“Oh, Dr. Adler, you should know by now that I cannot be trusted,” Nayzor joked. “Regardless, your time is now up.”

Nayzor took aim at Master Org and Cole with his fan and fired his most powerful attack. Master Org put up a wall of vines in front of him to block the attack. The vines were destroyed, but Cole and Master Org were both unharmed.

“I’m out of here. I’ll deal with you later, red ranger,” said Master Org. With that, he disappeared.

Cole turned back to Nayzor and got hit by another shot from the fan. Cole went flying into the air, but luckily was saved by a familiar lavender being. It was Twilight, who was struggling to keep him balanced on her back while avoiding Nayzor’s attacks. Luckily, the Animarium swooped in and knocked Nayzor on his back while Twilight made her way onto the island.

The Animarium ascended back into the sky as the lion, falcon, wolf, and hammerhead jumped down to face Nayzor.

“You four Wild Zords don’t stand a chance against me,” Nayzor taunted.

The lion roared and started folding its head forward as the falcon folded in its legs. The wolf and hammerhead folded in their limbs as well, and the four zords combined to form the Centaurozord.

“A new configuration. How interesting. Too bad I have to destroy it,” Nayzor said before firing another shot from his fan.

Meanwhile

Twilight and Cole landed on the Animarium, and Shayla instantly ran up to them. Twilight got out from under Cole.

“How? How is this possible? How is he here?” asked Cole.

“I don’t know, but I do know that we have to stop him,” Shayla answered.

“Hold on. Who are you talking about? Who’s here?” Twilight asked, confused.

“That human...was Master Org,” explained Cole.

“You mean the evil being that nearly destroyed the Animarium three thousand years ago?!” Twilight asked with clear shock in her voice.

“Unfortunately so. Nayzor must have revived him somehow,” Shayla responded.

“Okay, okay, no one panic. We’ve dealt with worse, so we can deal with this right? I mean how hard could it be?” Twilight asked in hysterical shock.

“Even if we knew how to deal with him, we still have to deal with Nayzor,” Cole pointed out.

“Oh come on. Why can’t we catch a break?” Twilight pouted.

“Wait, where are the others? Tell me they’re not fighting Nayzor,” Cole plead.

“They are. And in Nayzor’s super form, I don’t know how long they can last,” Shayla answered.

“I’m getting down there,” said Cole.

“No!” Twilight and Shayla said in unison.

“You’re way too injured to go down and fight,” said Shayla.

“You said it yourself. Nayzor’s in his super form. I have to help my friends.”

“But if you try to fight now, you could be destroyed,” plead Twilight.

“It’s either me or Equestria, and I’d rather it be me.”

“But then Nayzor will just turn his attention on Equestria,” said Shayla.

“Princess Shayla’s right. If there’s a chance to salvage something of value, we should take it,” added Twilight.

Cole stood up and morphed. He then turned to exit the Animarium. “Get as many ponies onto the Animarium as possible. They’re not gonna wanna be on the ground during this fight.” With that, Cole descended back down to Ponyville.

Shayla stood up to follow Cole, but Twilight stopped her. “I don’t think there’s any way you can convince him not to fight. We should do what he says in case the worst comes to pass,” said Twilight.

“I hope you’re right,” said Shayla.

Meanwhile

“We can’t take much more of this!” cried Max as Nayzor landed another shot on the Centaurozord.

“We have to keep fighting!” Taylor yelled back.

Nayzor fired another blast at the Centaurozord and gave a maniacal laugh.

“You rangers cannot defeat me. You may as well give up now and go back to Earth,” Nayzor taunted.

“We can’t let him win. We have to push him back!” yelled Merik.

The Centaurozord swung the wolf at Nayzor, who blocked it and slashed the Centaurozord with his fan.

“Why do you fight so hard for this world? It’s not even yours,” said Nayzor.

Nayzor then snatched up the Centaurozord in a vine. He aimed another blast at the rangers before he was hit by a few flying bananas. The gorilla jumped onto Nayzor and held on tight.

“Guys,” cried Cole, “Finish him!”

“What if we hit you?”

“Trust me,” Cole responded.

The falcon’s wings opened up and fired two beams at Nayzor. The gorilla jumped out of the way before it was struck and fired its own beam. Nayzor was struck and began to spark, all while laughing maniacally.

“You think you have defeated me? Think again,” Nayzor said before exploding. Unfortunately, the blast revealed a large, brown, artifact that was all too familiar to the rangers.

“No way!” cried Max.

“Impossible!” yelled Danny.

“It can’t be!” shouted Alyssa.

“He actually got it!” screamed Taylor.

The pieces of Nayzor floated back into the air and moved toward the artifact.

“He did it. He got the Org Heart,” said Merik.

With that, Nayzor reformed into the same green, vile beast he was before.

“Now you see, rangers, that I am invincible. If you surrender now, I will allow you to return to Earth peacefully. But if you try to resist, you will be forcefully destroyed much as you destroyed my comrades,” Nayzor boomed.

“Guys, what do we do?” asked Max.

“I-I don’t know. No matter what we do, he’ll get right back up,” said Danny.

“Well, I know what we’re not gonna do. We are not leaving without that heart, and we are getting it one way or another,” said Taylor.

With that, the Centaurozord took flight and prepared to fight Nayzor once again.