• Published 2nd Jul 2019
  • 288 Views, 0 Comments

Pinkie Flash A Flash Of Hope - Firestarter Dazzle



Pinkie has left the team in search of finding herself when now it could be more than she bargained for

  • ...
 0
 288

Chapter 1 Strike

The sword that Sombra used to end Rainbow Dash's life span echoed itself inside Pinkie's mind, even as she slept in her one bedroom apartment back home in Chicago where she obtained her super powers from. The nightmare was too much for the party girl and she woke up sweating, breathing heavily from a nightmare. Pinkie got out of bed and grabbed a bottle of water, thinking about her friend being killed by King Sombra.

It should have been me that took the sword, maybe Dash could have lived Pinkie thought to herself.

Even if she wanted to reverse time the result would be the same. Just wondering about that put a sharp pain in Pinkie's stomach as she placed her cup in the sink. The news showed what Pinkie's team did to Sombra and his two minions: Kassidy Black and Kate Taiga.

"Dashie...I'm sorry" Pinkie apologized.

Tears flow down her face after saying that, it was a painful heartbeat in her chest. She decided to sit on her futon couch and watch the news.

"The heroes in question saved our city from the clutches from King Sombra. Unfortunately, a loyal hero that was inspired by the Wonderbolts tragically left this world. Her name was Zapp, a good friend of the Power Heroes" the news reporter said.

Pinkie just stared at the TV blankly, as if she just couldn't feel emotion anymore. Twilight thought that if she went home, she could get a fresh start even without Rainbow Dash by her side. The news reported a robbery in progress at the Chicago Bank downtown, she swirled around until she had on her superheroine costume and in a flash she sped off. Dodging incoming traffic, Pinkie was focused even if her best friend was no longer here to support her, she had to look past her and cement the legacy in the team and where her help is needed.

She arrived at the Bank's front entrance where the local authorities stood with their guns drawn. Pinkie surveyed the current scene, she could see hostages and 4 enemies with semi automatic weapons, walking around to see if anyone will try anything.

I have to do this quickly so no one gets fatally shot

With her plan, Pinkie dashed into the building and kicked one guy in the face. Another tried to hit her but Pinkie was too fast for him, she wrapped her legs around the criminal's neck as she performed a hurricanrana which knocked down the other person who tried to attack Pinkie. With all 4 of the criminals down, Pinkie set all the hostages free and tied up the criminals so the proper authorities could handle it.

"Thank you Pinkie Flash" one officer said.

She nodded and raced away.

A tall figure with light green hair had a toothy grin as she watched Pinkie dash away from the crime scene.

"A pleasant but broken girl, she will be perfect" she said, letting her long snake like tongue come down in a hungry manner.

She disappeared before any of the cops could notice anything odd.

Pinkie returned back to her apartment, reverting back to her civilian clothes and sat down on her couch after a job well done. A distant thump could be heard outside her apartment door, she cautiously approached the door and opened it to reveal a bruised and beaten up Kassidy Black, her leather dark red jacket was ripped up like she got into a fight with a bear or something like that.

The first thought Pinkie was to make Kassidy pay for aiding Sombra in killing her best friend but she knew that taking revenge wouldn't bring Dash back so Pinkie brought her inside the apartment.

"Thanks Pinkie, I know that I aided Sombra in killing your friend" Kassidy said, sitting on the couch.

"Don't mention it" Pinkie responded.

Pinkie came from the kitchen with a glass of water for Kassidy. She took a big gulp of the water and began to speak about what happened.

"I know I'm the last person you want to see but I want you to know that I was attacked. They were kinda bug like and weird looking, they screeched in my face before leaving me there battered and bruised" Kassidy started.

"Bug like creatures? You mean changelings?" Pinkie asked.

"Is that what they are called?" Kassidy asked confused.

Pinkie nodded and showed Kassidy a photo of a changeling hive before government officials destroyed it, killing any offspring that was still alive.

"Guess those bastards want revenge on anyone that was for the government" Kassidy assumed.

"Not necessarily, their leader who goes by the name of Queen Chrysalis has ordered most of them to walk among us and basically feed on people's emotions?" Pinkie responded.

"Like energy vampires?" Kassidy questioned.

"Something like that yeah" Pinkie replied, shaking her head.

"Okay so this is going to sound really terrible but how about you and me team up and take down Chrysalis?" Kassidy offered.

Pinkie stared at her for a moment, thinking about how she kidnapped Fluttershy and made Dash almost bleed to death. On one hand she could just throw her outside her apartment but on the other hand, Pinkie could use the help to find Chrysalis so she offered a handshake to Kassidy. She looked down then up again, shocked at Pinkie's action, being that she was involved in Rainbow's death.

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend" Pinkie quoted. '

Kassidy smiled a little bit before shaking her hand to signal that they are going to team up.

On the rooftop, Queen Chrysalis removed her hoodie to reveal her light but dark green hair and green eyes with a split iris.

"So the hero and the hapless symbiote hybrid girl think that teaming up will do them any good, they will see what happens when everyone wants you dead" Chrysalis said smirking.

4 changelings appeared beside Chrysalis and shifted into their human disguises.

"Infect and destroy" Chrysalis commanded.

They smirked and dropped down to the city streets below.