• Published 13th Sep 2020
  • 1,801 Views, 18 Comments

Titans in Equestria - SunsetDragon



The Titan King thought he had seen it all, but that thought changed when he finds himself and his kind thrust into a whole new world. One that wasn't meant for their kind.

  • ...
0
 18
 1,801

Ch 4. Journey Through the Mirror

"Hehe, well done. Well done." Gojira said with a small smile as he stood by the door to the balcony that Twilight, Celestia, Luna, and Cadence were on. The elder three Alicorns had just reassured Twilight of her role as a princess and that she would find out exactly what she would be a princess of when the time was right. It was a nice sentiment and they explained it way better than he ever could. Hell, he didn't even know how to explain leadership as he was very different from that of the ones in Equestria. He became a leader due to him being the only one willing to fight the devil and surviving. Others started talking about him and before he knew it, they were calling him King.

He didn't believe it at first, others looked to him and willingly bowed and pledged loyalty to him. It disturbed him at first but he accepted the fact that he was this new 'King'. Though even then, he didn't make laws and hold courts like Celestia or Luna, no, he just held a balance of the world and fought others who challenged him. He kept 'peace' through a combination of respect, fear, and intimidation and it worked for his 'kingdom'. But he could not advise this to Twilight, she lived in an entirely different world from the one he grew up and lived in. He was glad the others sought her out because he knew he would not be any help in this department.

The others had stopped their conversation and headed towards the hall and Gojira simply moved aside. Twilight looked up to him before hugging him, to which Gojira returned. He ruffled her mane a little and she giggled before she started making her way towards her room. Gojira himself moved to be next to Celestia before both made their way to their room. Once they were inside, both individuals got ready for bed. Gojira simply shook himself as if he was wet and then climbed into bed. Celestia followed after getting her regalia off and snuggled into him.

"Nice pep talk," Gojira commented

"It wasn't all that. We just simply told her the truth, same as we all found our paths." Celestia replied.

"Yes, but you forget, she's young. And with that youth, comes the want to have everything already planned out." Gojira said before lifting a claw and draping it over Celestia.

"Very true. " Celestia agreed before adding, "And since when did you start giving out sage advice?"

Gojira grinned, "Since I started courting this old sage that runs a country."

He received a wing slapped in his face with Celestia giggling, "Old sage?! If I'm old then you're ancient mister!"

Gojira chuckled himself before wrapping his tail around Celestia to pull her in closer, "You're not wrong, but I prefer the term, experienced."

Celestia merely rolled her eyes and got comfortable again, draping her left-wing over Gojira. Both simply enjoyed each other's presence and blissfully fell asleep. Though just before slipping into unconsciousness, Gojira had one more comment.

"You should sing more often."

Celestia cracked open an eye to see Gojira smile while he slept. She smiled herself before letting out a small "Sure." and fell asleep. Both of them slept in peace and enjoyed the rest they got. Though the talks with the other nations were not all that long, it was still tiring work. Both needed the rest they would get as another adventure was about to come to them, quite literally.


In a room within the Crystal Empire stands an elegant looking mirror and though it stands alone, ripples appear on the mirror and a figure comes out. Initially standing on hind legs yet immediately going to all four, revealing a hooded unicorn figure. The figure looks around the room before making its way towards the door of the room. She peaked out the door and saw a pair of guards walking away from her position. 'The night shift' the figure summarized and after checking for a few more seconds, they made their way through the hall.

They made their way through the halls and avoided guards wherever they went. While hiding behind a pillar in a hall, the figure lit the horn on their head, indicating the intruder was a unicorn. The light revealed a female unicorn with a light amber coat and cyan eyes. As she lit her horn she whispered, "Element of Magic." and her horn revealed a very faint trail of purple energy. She grinned and followed the trail through the halls of the crystal castle, making her way closer to whatever room held the element.

As she peered around another corridor, she saw the trail lead into a room and not come out. 'Bingo.' She thought and released the spell she was using. She walked over to the door and carefully pushed it open and immediately went inside. As she closed the door she checked the room and saw a basket with a purple dragon with green spines sleeping in it. The basket was next to a bed that had a purple alicorn sleeping peacefully on her side pacing her. The intruder gave an angry frown at the sight of this alicorn and silently growled, "Twilight Sparkle." After staring at Twilight for a bit she turned her attention to the nightstand next to the bed.

On the nightstand was exactly what she was looking for, the Element of Magic. The Element had the appearance of a golden crown studded with sapphires on the rim. In the center, raised slightly, was a magenta-colored gem in the shape of a five-pointed star. The intruder smiled as she used her magic to lift the element off the nightstand and replace it with a replica she took out of her bag. As she placed the replica on the nightstand, it accidentally hit the lamp on it. Her eyes widened and she immediately placed noise cancelation spells on the entire nightstand and looked towards the occupants of the room. They shifted in their beds but otherwise stayed asleep and the unicorn let out a quiet sigh. She made her way to the door and grinned evilly back at the two.

She opened the door and turned to walk out, only to pause and stare at the massive stallion who stood in front of her who she immediately recognized. The stallion glared down at her before grabbing her by her neck and throwing her at the wall across the hall. After that, he threw his head back and roared at the top of his lungs.

"SKKKKREEEEEEOOOOOOOOONNNNNNKKKKKKKKK-RRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRNNN!!"

That immediately woke up everyone in the castle and caused Twilight to rush out of her room. She noticed the hooded figure's bag held her element and she looked back to the nightstand and noticed the difference. She teleported over to the intruder and lit her horn with magic, but the intruder lit her's faster and blasted Twilight away from her. With that, the unicorn got up and started running away from the growing crowd coming towards Twilight's room. As she was running she turned around to see Gojira running right behind her. She lit her horn and Gojira jumped on top of her while she tried to teleport. The result of this was Gojira and the mystery mare being teleported out into the cold tundra.

Gojira got up and looked around before quickly slamming his tail into the unicorn. She grunted in pain before blasting Gojira's tail away. She tried to get up but was immediately halted when Gojira pinned her down with his forelimb. He growled at her and made his mane light up. The thief stopped struggling as Gojira used his dominance display and just stared at him. Gojira made his mane stay lit as he was about to talk but stopped when the thief started lighting her horn and cutting it off. She was repeating his display and it caught him off guard, so much so that she bucked his left forearm right where it bends causing Gojira to tip over.

While the thief was getting up, she looked around for her bag as she wasn't wearing it anymore. She looked around and saw the bag was on the ground. Behind Gojira. The thief looked between the two and just let out a frustrated sigh as she planted her hoofs in the snow. She charged up magic in her horn and aimed right at the downed Titan. As Gojira was getting up he heard a slight hum and looked towards the thief. Only to be met with a blast of magic square in the chest.

He was hit and though it didn't injure the Titan, it somehow felt very familiar. Gojira got up and charged but the thief dodged the oncoming attack. She got up close and personal with Gojira and started her assault. She kept close and attacked Gojira in the same places but in different orders. He kept himself from falling over but was having a harder time landing a hit on her. Gojira was getting angry because he recognized these moves and had no idea how this thief could know about them. Gojira moved those thoughts aside as he saw an opening and went for it.

As the thief went to attack him again, Gojira bit down on her hoof as she went to hit him. He bit down and spun her around in the air before slamming her back down. The thief groaned as she tried to get her barring and Gojira used this time to pin her again. He charged up his atomic breath as he growled down at her and said, "Enough of this!"

The thief looked up at the Mad Titan and the two were finally reminded of their environment when the icy wind picked up and rushed past them. The wind picked up and pulled the thief's hood back, revealing her face to the Titan standing above her. And all of a sudden, the world seemed to stop moving around Gojira as he stared at the thief. His atomic breath was immediately cut off and he just stared at the thief. He was stuck looking at the thief, looking at her red and yellow mane and her cyan eyes. He couldn't believe that she was here and staring at him and he could only say one thing.

"Sunset?"

Sunset looked up at him before shifting her attention to her bag, which was now right next to her. She grabbed it with her hoof and lit her horn, teleporting them into the room that held the mirror. She teleported herself out from under Gojira and stood in front of the mirror, still staring at Gojira. She looked him dead in the eye for a few seconds before noticing the door open and watching Twilight rush in, followed by her friends. She stared Twilight down and grinned as she and her friends stepped next to Gojira.

"Sorry, it had to be this way, Princess." She said smugly before jumping straight through the mirror.

Twilight frowned angrily at the sight of the thief getting away but turned her attention to Gojira. He just stared at the mirror with a hurt face before snapping out of it when he felt a hoof on his arm. He looked towards Twilight to see her very concerned face and he immediately put on a serious face. He turned around and walked out of the room while muttering, "Wait Here" to the Elements. Twilight watched as Gojira walked off and turned back to the portal, wondering just who this pony was and why they stole her Element.


To say that Gojira was confused with this whole predicament would be an understatement. And when he gets confused, anger follows very quickly and as such, he slammed an arm into the ground. Which caused a crack in the floor of the room and brought everyone's attention to him. He barred his teeth and growled, which caused a few to let out small gasps and others to not look at him. The only ones who didn't react were Celestia and Luna, who just frowned at the old Titan. Gojira grumbled but didn't say anything, allowing Celestia and Luna to continue with their explanation.

"This is no ordinary mirror, it is a gateway to another world," Luna explained while looking at her reflection. "A gateway that opens once every thirty moons."

"Sparkly," Pinkie exclaimed with a smile as she put her hoof on the mirror, making it ripple and glow. Luna rolled her eyes before using her magic to move Pinkie back.

"It has always been kept in the throne room of Canterlot castle. But when Princess Cadence took over the Crystal Empire, we sent it here for her to watch over." Luna explained before looking at her sister.

"I had always hoped Sunset Shimmer would someday use it to return. To come back to Equestria to..." Celestia said before losing her voice.

"To come home to her family," Gojira replied, finally looking at everyone all while growling. "But apparently, she had other plans."

"Why does this bother you so much Gojira?" Spike asked.

That was when Gojira lost some of his anger and he let out a sigh before answering, "Because she was our first."

The others were confused by this, what could he be talking about. Twilight noticed though, that Gojira and Celestia were sticking close to each other. They had done it before, but every time they had, she was going to do something that they would worry about. She noticed her mom and dad did something similar. It was once she compared the scenarios that she finally got it. Her eyes widened and she finally got the picture.

"She's your child, your first," Twilight said slowly.

Celestia and Gojira looked to Twilight and nodded. Now Twilight understood why this was angering Gojira. Cadence took this time to step in.

"Twilight, you must use the mirror to go into this other world and retrieve your crown." Cadence explained, "Without it, the other elements have no power and Equestria is left without one of its most important means of defense."

"Your crown does not belong in the place Sunset Shimmer now calls home," Luna said, before looking towards Celestia and Gojira. Both remained next to each other but with stoic faces instead of the ones of hurt they had before. Celestia used her magic to levitate Twilights bags onto her and simply nodded to her. Twilight nodded in return and took a deep breath in, before stepping towards the mirror. Only to be stopped by Rainbow Dash landing in front of her.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. She's going, we're going with her." Rainbow exclaimed as the other elements joined her.

Twilight smiled at that before Celestia interrupted, "I'm afraid I can't let you go."

"What? Why not?" Rainbow asked while stomping her hoof.

"Sending all of you could upset the balance of this alternate world. Creating havoc that would make it impossible for Twilight to get the crown back from Sunset Shimmer." Celestia explained before adding, "This is something that Princess Twilight must do alone."

"Time is of the essence, on the third day when the moon reaches its peak in the night sky. The gateway will close." Luna explained with a visual she created. "And once it does, it will be another thirty moons before you will be able to use the portal to return."

The girls all gave words of encouragement as Twilight walked up to the mirror. Gojira stood by but looked towards Spike and saw how nervous he was. He could tell what Spike was going to do but it gave him an idea. Before Twilight was about to walk through the mirror, Gojira stopped her.

"Hold up hatchling," Gojira called.

Twilight stopped and looked back, confused as to why Gojira stopped her. Gojira leaned towards Celestia and whispered in her ear. Once he was done, Celestia looked towards him and then Spike before smiling a little and nodding. She lit her horn and in a flash, two necklaces appeared. Celestia then moved one towards Twilight and one towards Spike.

"These necklaces are linked to each other. So long as one of you wears one, the gem will stay lit, letting the other know that you are okay." Celestia explained as Twilight put on the necklace and Spike just stared at his. They looked towards Celestia and smile while thanking her. Spike holds on to the necklace as Twilight touches the mirror and then pushes herself through it. Gojira uses this moment to wind up his tail and smack Spike with enough force to launch him straight through the mirror. Spike dropped the necklace as he was sent through and everyone looked towards Gojira.

"Oh no. Spike went through either way. Guess I'll have to go and get him and since I'll be there I guess I could help Twilight." Gojira says in a fake surprised voice.

He quickly moves forward, grabs the necklace, and jumps through the mirror. Though as he touched the mirror, the ripples and magic from it flashed the moment Gojira touched and went through. Everyone present was shocked at what Gojira did and just as everyone started to get into action, Celestia raised her wings to stop everyone.

"Auntie, shouldn't we go and get Uncle?" Cadence asked.

"No, I don't want to create any more of an instability in this other world than there already is." Celestia said with a sigh, "We just have to wait until they return. Twilight and Spike can handle themselves and they're even safer now that Gojira has gone with them."

"Indeed, Gojira is a warrior at heart. Young Sparkle and Spike are well protected." Luna said before turning away and walking out of the room, "Now come, they have left and there is nothing to do about it now. Best we get back to our regular schedule."

Everyone looked at each other before agreeing and slowly walking out of the room. The element barriers looked back before leaving the room to return to their rooms. Cadence walked ahead of Celestia but stopped when she stopped hearing the sound of her aunt's hooves. She turned back and saw Celestia just staring at the mirror. She walked back and gave her aunt a hug with her wing and an affectionate nuzzle. She smiled up at her aunt and she smiled right back. Celestia spared one more look at the mirror before walking out of the room with Cadence. All the while hoping and wishing her family's safe return, her whole family.


Gojira groaned as his senses had slowly returned to him and the first thing he noticed was a familiar weight on his back. He opened his eyes, only to see a light coming from up ahead of him. He felt the rock underneath him and guessed he was in a cave, but focused on the weight on his back. He knew this feeling but he hadn't felt it for at least a month, so he moved his hand to see it and sure enough, he was right. He was staring at his claw and he was back in his original form. Now he had multiple questions, the first being where his hatchling was. He tried to feel for her presence but couldn't feel it, but he felt a different kind of presence and multiple of them.

Titans. He was sensing Titans. All over the globe and they were awake. He couldn't believe it, he had a hard time accepting it. But he reminded himself that this was an alternate world though, so things were different. And the fact that he was in his original form meant that this world was closer to his original one than Equestria from what he could sense. Though this also leads to a problem, he was not where Twilight was. He was in another world entirely from the one Twilight and Spike had traveled to. He needed to go back or at least be sure he could.

So he got up from the ground and turned around to look at the cave. Though there was light coming in from the mouth of the cave, it was still dark. So he lit up his spines to add some light and see where the portal was. His added light helped and after a bit of looking, he saw a drawing of a mirror on the wall of the cave. He moved his tail to touch it and sure enough, the image was rippling as the tip of his tail touched the image. He nodded to himself and then looked around for the necklace that Spike had dropped. He found it but it was bigger, enough to fit around one of his claws, and after securing it he was about to go through the portal before he heard something.

It was soft. Sounding like barely a whisper. But it was there and Gojira could hear it and it sounded like a song. He turned towards the mouth of the cave and walked towards the source of the song. He walked out into the light and saw an immense forest that stretched out for miles. Though as he looked around, he saw a ginormous tree, so big it made even him feel small. He heard the song coming from the tree and made his way over. He walked for a while, all the while listening as the song got louder and clearer the closer he got. After a while of walking, Gojira made it to the tree and stared at it. It was very thick and the bark was dark brown and the leaves on the tree looked liked they glowed and sparkled in all manner of colors.

He tore his attention from the tree when he heard movement coming from the left of the tree. He walked over and stepped over some of the routes from the tree. After making his way over, he found the source of the song and was stunned. It was a Titan, with big wings that were black, orange, yellow, and blue. It looked like an insect, with three pairs of legs and a big abdomen with a small stinger on the end. Its main body was primarily white with black on the underbelly and thick antenna on its head. Gojira was shocked, this Titan looked like Mosura but with some differences. The main one being how much bigger and thicker this one was in compared to the one he knew. Gojira was so shocked that he muttered her name.

"Mosura?"

Apparently, it was loud enough for her to hear as she immediately stopped singing and turned to face him. Her wings spread and she let out a loud screech at him. This was an attack stance and the last thing Gojira needed right now was a battle. Just as he was about to talk though, he felt another presence. One coming from directly behind him and his senses were going off. He quickly ducked and swung his tail, which he felt hit something. He turned around to see the being behind him and was left speechless. He saw another of his kind, another lizard Titan but something was off. This one looked different, the spines were leaf-shaped and had a white trim on the edges. Its maw was a bit rounded and it had two long fangs that stuck out farther than the rest. It was shorter than him but it had bulk in all the important parts and Gojira could see multiple scars all over this newcomer.

He took in its scent and found it to be a female, but now that he was paying attention to the scents around him he could smell both her and this new Mosura all over the area. Shit. This was their territory and seeing as how he came unannounced he was trespassing. He checked behind him real quick and now saw Mosura in the air floating behind him, ready for battle. Looks like he was going to have a brawl, whether he wanted to or not.

Author's Note:

I have returned! After a while of inactivity, which I apologize for, school got really busy. But now that schools almost out, I have more time to get back on the grind with this story. So EG has started, but Gojira is having his own adventure. Who would've thought? Anyway, I'll try and get a special little holiday chapter out before Christmas to celebrate the season. Until then, see you all next time and happy holidays!!