• Published 1st Apr 2019
  • 1,163 Views, 26 Comments

The End of Pants - shortskirtsandexplosions



A strange magic spell causes everything Flash Sentry touches to turn "fabulous." Is this a terrible curse? Or, perhaps, it's merely a newfound gift that he should embrace with a flutter of cheer in his heart!

  • ...
5
 26
 1,163

The Thongs Tavi Slinks

A shiny, round, lavender medallion with the engraving of a tiara rested between a set of strong, guitar-plucking fingers.

“So... what you're telling me...” Flash Sentry, once again a tall and fully-grown young specimen of masculinity, spoke in a naturally deep voice while grasping the artifact in question. “...is that this geode came out of me when I got laser-zapped?”

“That's one way of looking at it,” Sunset Shimmer said with a nod. She, Flash, and the girls sat casually on the front stoop of his house under a starry night sky. “It's more or less the physical manifestation of the magic that we exorcised from you an hour ago.”

“Uhhhhh...” Flash winced, rubbing a nervous hand through his hair. “...then maybe...” He held the item out towards her. “...you can get it as far away from me as you can?”

Sunset shook her head, refusing the item. “I don't think it would rest right in our grasp.”

“What makes you say that?”

“Isn't it obvious?” Pinkie Pie smirked. “It's your geode, silly!”

“My... geode...?”

“Like... friggin' duh!” Rainbow Dash—wearing a baggy set of Flash's spare clothes—leaned back against the front facade of the house and nodded. “We've all got one!” She held her bracelet up. “Super speed!”

Applejack brandished her necklace. “Super strength!”

“Diamondsssssss!” Rarity sing-songed.

“Existence.”

“And my... magical power is...” Flash Sentry grimaced. “... … ...feminization?”

“Mmmmm...” Twilight Sparkle clasped her hands in her lap, shrugging. “Until we invent a better word for it... let's just say you can make stuff pink and glittery.”

“But... why?”

Sunset shrugged. “Can't question how Equestrian magic works in this world.”

“Yeah.” Pinkie yawned. “We gave up about three forty-four minute specials ago.”

“What I mean is...” Flash turned the lavender disc over several times in his grasp. “Why did it choose me? How did it choose me?”

“Well...” Sunset gestured in the starlight. “Remember when we all crashed that cruise liner and had to walk through separate portals in and out of Equestria, turning from human to pony and back to human?”

“Uh, no.” Flash blinked. A beat. “Oh wait. Yeah, I do.”

“Well, our geodes disappeared when we became ponies,” Sunset explained. “But they reappeared when we turned human again!”

“Thank goodness, too!” Rarity exhaled, admiring her own geode. “How I do loathe a vanishing accessory!”

“So...” Flash thought aloud. “...stepping in and out of Equestria... in and out of horse-form... got me acquainted with my geode?”

“Seems like it.” Sunset winked, smiling. “Crazy, huh?”

“I can name a few plot holes.”

“Well, that's April Fools' for ya.” Pinkie Pie stood up, stretching. “And 'Frad' gave up on prosaic satire about one and a half chapters ago, soooooo...”

Applejack stood up, also stretching. “Time to hit the ol' dusty trail!”

“Wait...!” Flash Sentry grimaced, hobbling up to his own feet and practically juggling the new geode. “You're just leaving me with this... this... sissy cylinder?”

“It's harmless now, Flash!” Twilight exclaimed. “You can use it as you see fit!”

“Or not use it,” Fluttershy existed.

“But when you do... it'll be your choice.” Sunset clasped her hands over Flash's, smiling gently at him. “I promise you that it won't go down any other way.”

Flash breathed easily. “Thanks. I... I really mean it.”

“Although...” Rarity smiled at him, eyes glistening. “...I don't suppose you could choose to use it at my Boutique this weekend? I could really use the... inspiration to beat Suri Polomare at our latest friendly fashionista-off.”

“I... uh...” Flash shifted about where he stood. “...I'll think about it.”

“Mmmm...” Rarity pouted, but nevertheless nodded. “Fair enough.” She looked aside. “Could you at least zap Rainbow Dash? She could use a fine pleated skirt in this warm weather—”

“TIME TO GO, GIRLS!” Rainbow hiked the baggy pants up her petite figure and hobbled away. “See ya, Flash. Wouldn't want to be ya.”

"Nightie night. Try not to let the Terms of Service bite!"

“Join us next time we do rainbow lasers, Flashie!” Pinkie skipped gaily away, along with the rest of the girls. “Maybe when you and I finally get a shipping tag! Tee-hee!

“Uh... sure! Tee-hee!” Flash waved back. “And thanks... for everything...”

The group zoomed off, leaving Flash alone at the front of his home... with his parents still conveniently absent from the entire affair.

The young man took a long breath. He flipped the lavender geode in his grasp like a coin... then examined it with a tired, contemplative smile.

“Hmmmm...” He thought of Sunset's warm smile, and the edges of his lips curved upwards. “It'll be my choice... to use as I see fit...” His nostrils flared, and he ran a hand over the edges of the magical artifact like it was a genie's lamp. “Sure...” A slight, high-pitched giggle. “...what's the harm in enjoying myself for once?”