• Published 6th Apr 2019
  • 1,234 Views, 14 Comments

Five Times Twilight Saved a Friend - star-girl



. . . and one time they saved her. A series of one-shots.

  • ...
2
 14
 1,234

Kindness

"Hey! Fluttershy!"

Fluttershy cringed at the sound. She knew that voice - and it never foretold of good things to come. That was the voice of Scootaloo, AKA one of the CMC, which meant that all of them were there, which meant nothing good.

Forcing a smile and mentally berating herself for such thoughts, Fluttershy turned around and greeted them. "Hello, girls. What's on your mind?"

"We were wondering if we could help you out with the sanctuary!"

Say no! Be strong!

"I thought you got your Cutie Marks."

Okay, fair question. It'll lead into the rejection.

"Yeah, but that doesn't mean we can't help a friend out!" Cue the puppy eyes.

RESIST! RESIST!

"Uh . . . of course, girls!

. . . weak.

"Great!" Sweetie Bell said with a smile.

This is going to go terribly wrong, isn't it?


"Girls, don't-

"That's not-

"Please don't-

Tears stung as Fluttershy wasn't sure where to turn her head. The CMCs were wreaking havoc on the sanctuary in eery corner, and she was't sure what to do. Discord would be proud of the mess they were creating.

"Fluttershy? Oh my gosh, are you okay?"

Fluttershy heaved a sigh of relief. Twilight was here, and she always had the answer to every problem.

"I-I'm fine, but my sanctuary . . ." her voice petered out as Twilight took in the destruction.

"Don't worry," Twilight assured, her eye twitching. "I can fix this." Lighting up her horn with a magenta glow, a beam of the same color expanded from the tip in every direction. When the flash subsided, the sanctuary was back to its normal, peaceful state and the CMC were frozen in place.

"What gives, Twilight?" Scootaloo complained. "It was going great!"

Twilight quirked an eyebrow. "I don't know if you noticed, but you wre destroying the peace of the sanctuary. Apologize."

"Ah'm sorry, Fluttershy," Apple Bloom said.

"Ditto," Scootaloo and Sweetie Bell said in unison.

Twilight smiled. "Well, go on, now."

The CMC ran off, talking and laughing with each other.

"Thanks, Twi," Fluttershy said, feeling like a huge weight had been lifted off her chest. "You always know what to do. Where would we be without you?"

"Dead and down a hole," Twilight joked, but if Fluttershy had looked closer she might have seen that the weight that had left her and found a new home in the Bearer of Magic.