• Published 13th Dec 2011
  • 1,165 Views, 3 Comments

Desire - frutineo



What would happen if an old friend of Twilight Sparkle appeard bearing bad news?

  • ...
 3
 1,165

Desire Chapter one: Familiar Faces

Episode 1

Familiar Faces.

16 months after the Discord incident, we set ourselves at the outskirts of Ponyville as 3 stallions discuss something as they are approaching the quite little town.

"So why don't you just tell them what the problem is?" Said a green Pegasus with 3 stripes of different shades of green in his mane and a T square with 2 identical set squares as its wings for a cutie mark "why take the longest, most annoying, and difficult path there is to ask for their damn help? I know you ARE my brother but I think this could be done more efficiently if you where to be honest in the first place"

"I know that" said a chocolate coloured unicorn with a open book and a quill as a cutie mark "but I do not want to involve anypony else, you know what happened to me when I tried to confront him alone... I spent months in the hospital and he escaped, as heavily injured as I did, not even Princess Celestia knows where he is as Discord's magic has kept him hidden from her sight"

"All the more reason to ask them directly" said a red unicorn with dark mane with 2 parallel red stripes a drawing board and pencil in his flank "The elements of Harmony are one the most powerful magic items existing in this world, they fred Princess Luna and Imprisioned Discord in stone, Princess Celestia told you so"

"Yes I know, and even so, that foal's powers must have grown by now, I think it would be dangerous to bring even more ponies to this fight, the 3 of us could fool him into a stalemate"

"And then what? Oh oh oh I know, I shall bring him as high to the sky as I can with my wings and hope to do a sonic rainboom that would separate the evil magic from him, even though it could possess me and that is if I am not dead by the time we stop fighting"

"Look just..." he knew that his brother was right, they could never hope to achieve anything on their own "I will tell them when I think is necessary ok? Now shush, we should not alarm anypony, we are almost there"

The trio entered the little town, drawing eyes to themselves, as they moved along they were suddenly aware that they did not know where to go and soon they found themselves in front of the town plaza, a light brown pony who obviously was the mayor of the town came to greet them "well met young stallions" she said "tell me what is the cause of your visit to this little town?"

"Well" said the leader of the trio "we are travellers who pursue rumours to see if there is an actual truth behind them, we heard that in this town exist a pony that vanquished an Ursa Mayor, can you please confirm or deny this story?"

"Oh my seems that someponies tend to exaggerate things, it was NOT an Ursa Mayor, but a child, an Ursa Minor, and yes there is such pony here in this town that has done such a feat, would you like to meet her?

"It would be a pleasure to meet a Pony of such strength" said the chocolate stallion trying to be as convincing and as uninformed as he could.

"My dear you are mistaken it was not an earth pony nor a pegasi that drove the Ursa Minor out of this town, it was an unicorn with an impressive magic prowess"

The stallions TRIED to look as surprised as they could, granted they were no professional actors but it was still convincing enough. "Is that so? We have never heard that such a pony could exists beside the Royal Princesses"

"Young one I assure you that Twilight Sparkle, one of the most prominent members of our community is indeed capable of such a feat"

"Well mayor thank you but I think you can stop boasting on my behalf" interrupted a violet eyed unicorn, as she seemed to analyze the stallions that where causing such an uproar, he looked at the pegasus, the red unicorn and finally posed her eyes on the one who appeared to be the leader, 'he seems vaguely familiar' she thought to herself, 'almost as if I know him from som...' her thoughts interrupted for what seemed an eternity, as their eyes met, they looked at each other as they had been friends at one time, but the more she seemed to try and recall from where, or when, it was all the more difficult to remember, finally she shook her head violently and talked "well since you came all the way here to talk to me might as well come visit me at the library, come on I will lead you there"

As the 4 ponies advanced an awkward silence invaded their atmosphere, as they were a few blocks away from the Ponyville Library, Twilight Sparkle broke the silence "say, you look familiar, have we ever met before?"

"I cannot be certain of it, it seems I recall meeting you from somewhere, I just can't put my hoof on it, oh hey nice building"

"Nice indeed" replied the Pegasus.

"Well thanks, even though it was already like this since I came to live here"

"You do not mind me flying around to look at it more closely?"

"No, not at all, just knock at the door once you want to come in, gentlecolts if you could follow me inside while your companion takes a look"

"Oh my, I must deeply apologize for my rudeness, let me introduce ourselves; this red unicorn here is my best friend, Soft Edge; the Pegasus that just flew off is my brother, High Rise; and I am Hardcover, at your service" said the Chocolate stallion as he made an unnecessary reverence.

"Ah hum, eh well come on in, you are most welcome here, please make yourselves at" a loud crash was heard, looking at the inside the remnants of a vase where scattered over the floor and 3 little Phillies came into view.

"Twilight help! They want to slay me" said a purple dragon that was on top of some librarian stairs.

"Ok girls" Said Twilight with a stern voice "what the hay is happening here?" none of the Phillies answered "Apple Bloom would you kindly tell me what was going on?" Twilight said to the yellow filly with an oversized ribbon that was obviously leading the hunt.

"Gosh Twilight, we taught that maybe we could get our dragon slaying cutie mark, ah mean, without having tha, maim him, maybe just bruise him up a little?"

"You are not helping our case" said a filly Pegasus

"well what do ya know? You ain't no liar"

"It's lawyer" said the last of the trio

"Now don't ya start now ya walking dictionary"

"GIIIIIIRLS" screamed Twilight scaring the 3 little fillies and deafening the 2 stallions beside her in the process "first and foremost you are going to clean this mess if you don't want me to tell your families about what just happened ok? Then you can go to Sugarcube Corner to bring me a box of cupcakes for my guests and you can pick something for yourselves, is that all right with you?"

"YAY" the trio celebrated "CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS CLEANING OPERATION"

"Good call" said Soft Edge.

"Yeah thanks, now if you want to leave your bags over there, that way we can talk some more, so you wanted to know about the Ursa Minor?"

"Yeah well of course, after hearing of such a feat we certainly had to come see the pony responsible form it for ourselves, isn't that right Edge?"

"Truth, ehem well if you'll excuse me I will be drawing some things over there" as he made walked to the side carrying his bag with telekinesis.

Hardcover did the same, and rushed to Twilight Sparkle's side with a notebook and quill taken from his bag.

Soft Edge was drawing the two ponies, as they started talking, as if they had been friends for a long time, he did not noticed that one of his drawings, one of a threatening Discord had fallen from his sketch book, and little Applebloom picked it up, out of curiosity.

"Girls, Spike come here" she said in a low voice "we might have some problems here"

The four gathered without drawing much attention and looked up at Twilight's guests "Apple Bloom what does this means?"

"Ah don't know but it can't be good"

"Maybe we should investigate a little" said Sweetie Bell "but we possibly can't do so right now"

"I got an idea" said Scootaloo "Pinkie always throws parties to any new pony that arrives in town right?"

"Also at Gummy's birthday" said Apple Bloom.

"Or when she is bored" countered Sweetie Bell.

"Or for no other apparent reason" finished Spike

"Ok ok I get it, point is, that if we tell Pinkie Pie about Twilight's guests she would throw a party here, and we could be attending if we convince her, after that we drag one of them to the basement when nopony is watching and we interrogate him, how does that sound?"

"Great plan Scoot, while you guys are in Sugarcube Corner I will be watching them closely ok?" Spike told them.

"Ok Cutie Mark Crusaders, private detectives plan is a go!" all four of the younglings said in a low voice.