• Published 20th Feb 2019
  • 1,465 Views, 34 Comments

Prehistoric Thunder: a Power Rangers story - TheHardie-Boy



Three retired crime fighters enter Equestria in order to stop an old foe

  • ...
5
 34
 1,465

A new threat

It was a normal day in Equestria. No timber wolves, no rogue changelings, and no rogue dragons in sight. Twilight Sparkle could finally take some time to relax from her princess duties. She went to see if any of her friends needed help with anything.

“Sorry Sugarcube, ah just finished all my chores on the farm,” said Applejack.

“I don’t have any sick animals to take care of right now. Sorry,” said Fluttershy.

“There isn’t a Wonderbolts show to train for anytime soon,” said Rainbow Dash.

“I’m afraid I don’t have any orders to fill at the moment, darling,” said Rarity.

“I don’t need help. Unless someone needs me to throw them a party,” said Pinkie Pie.

“None of my friends need any help, there’s no danger in sight, and I don’t have any princess duties to preform. What am I going to do?” Twilight asked Spike.

“Just go relax. Go to the spa or something. When was the last time you did that?” Spike asked.

“Hm, good idea Spike. See you later,” said Twilight as she left for the spa.

On the way there, Twilight took in a deep breath of fresh air. It had been a long time since Equestria, let alone Ponyville was this peaceful.

Unfortunately for her, she was then met with a bolt of lightning. “Who did that? Show yourself!” shouted Twilight.

What came next made her regret saying that. A two-legged creature, wearing what looked like a knight’s armor but with no face, holding a long sword stepped in front of her. “Hello, Princess,” it said, but without moving any sort of mouth.

“Who are you? What do you want?” Twilight asked.

“Who I am is none of your business, and what I want, I shall soon get,” it retorted. It then drew its sword and sent another bolt of lightning at her. Twilight tried to block it with a shield, but the bolt just broke through. “You’re no match for me,” it bellowed.

“Oh yeah, how about all seven of us?” shouted Rainbow Dash from the distance, joined by Applejack, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, and Starlight Glimmer. They rushed to help Twilight recover, and prepared for battle.

“Now it’s really a fight,” said the creature, before sending another blast of lightning at them. The main six, along with Starlight Glimmer and a couple of unlucky passer-byes went flying.

“Fighting Power Rangers is my bread and butter. You may as well give up now,” it bellowed.

“Okay first, we don’t know what Power Rangers are, but second, we’re never gonna give up,” shouted Starlight.

“Then you will be destroyed,” it shouted before firing another lightning bolt. But this time, Starlight fired and magical shot and perfectly countered it. Before the being could react, Starlight teleported right in front of it and bucked it as hard as she could. This sent an enormous amount of pain through the creature as it held its gut. But it quickly recovered and slashed at Starlight. She quickly teleported away, back to the main six.

“I think you’re gonna need the elements. You go get them and I’ll hold this thing off,” Starlight told Twilight.

“No way, we’re not gonna leave you here,” replied Twilight.

“Just go, I’ll be fine,” Starlight told her.

“Alright, but be careful, we don’t know for sure what we’re up against,” said Twilight.

“I will, now go. And hurry!” said Starlight.

With that, the main six teleported away, leaving Starlight and creature. “It’s just you and me now,” shouted Starlight.

“You’re gonna regret that,” shouted the creature.

Starlight resumed the fight by firing a powerful beam at the monster. The monster retaliated with a beam of its own. Starlight then tried to teleport to it, but the monster was too quick and managed to trip her up and send her flying into a wall. Starlight teleported behind it and tried to fire another shot, but the monster teleported as well and got the upper hand once again. It then charged his thunder while Starlight charged another blast. But the monster turned towards the town instead. “Nooooooooo,” shouted Starlight. But it was too late, the monster fired at Ponyville, causing most of the houses to go up in flames and ponies to run as fast as they can in fear.

Starlight could only watch as Ponyville was being destroyed. She could only hope that the others were on their way with the elements.

Meanwhile

Twilight and the others had reached the Tree of Harmony, only to find it was being surrounded by creatures with green and black armor.

“What in the hay are those?” asked Applejack.

“I don’t know, but I’m pretty sure they’re not good,” said Rainbow Dash.

“Let’s just get the elements, Starlight needs us,” said Twilight.

With that, Rainbow Dash flew into the creatures, sending one of the flying. She tried to get another one down, but one of the creatures grabbed hold of her and sent her to the side of a mountain. Twilight tried to blast one of the monsters, but the blast just reflected off of it and back at her. While all of this was going on, Pinkie, Fluttershy, and Rarity were sneaking around to the Tree of Harmony. Once they reached it they obtained their elements, as well as their friends’ elements.

They regrouped and charged their elements and unleashed a powerful blast among the creatures, destroying all of them.

“We need to get back to Ponyville,” said Twilight.

“Right,” responded her friends.

Once they arrived back in Ponyville, they found that the monster from before was destroying the town they loved. They also saw Starlight getting blasted as well.

“C’mon, we have to help her,” shouted Twilight. Once they got to Starlight, they helped her up.

“It was too strong, I’m sorry,” she said.

“It’s okay Starlight, you did your best,” said Twilight. Then, the mane six stepped in front of the monster, elements drawn.

“How adorable, ponies wanna play?” it shouted.

“You’re so done for,” shouted Rainbow Dash.

“That’s right. Y’all think you can just walk on in here and destroy our here home, you got another thing coming,” yelled Applejack.

“It doesn’t seem you’re all on board with that,” the monster shouted, referring to Fluttershy who was cowering behind Pinkie.

“Hey, no one make fun of her and gets away with it!” Pinkie shouted.

“Oh, i-it’s quite alright, I-I’m used to it,” Fluttershy said.

“Enough talk, time to finish this. Ready girls?” asked Twilight.

“Ready,” shouted all of them, except for Fluttershy. “O-oh, ready,” she said.

“Gimme your best shot,” the monster taunted.

With that, the mane six charged their elements and fired at the monster. Once the blast finished, the monster was no where to be found.

“We did it!” Pinkie exclaimed.

“Yes, but he did quite a number on Ponyville,” said Rarity, motioning towards their home.

“Rarity’s right, we’d better get to work making repairs,” Twilight said.

As the others agreed, the monster re-appeared in front of them.

“It’s gonna take more than that to bring me down,” it bellowed.

“Impossible,” said Twilight, “no creature has gone unaffected from that.”

“I’m not like anything you’ve ever seen before,” the monster said. Then, the monster charged another blast from its sword and fired it at the mane six.

Before it could do anymore damage, though, Princess Celestia appeared in between it and the mane six. “You shall leave now, or face my wrath,” she said.

“I don’t think so,” the monster said before firing a new attack upon the princess. Princess Celestia simply raised a shield and blasted the monster with her own beam of power. The monster was sent flying backwards into a house, bringing it down almost immediately.

“On second thought, I think I’ve had enough fun for now,” said the monster before teleporting away.

“Princess, what was that thing? And why was it attacking Ponyville?” Twilight asked her mentor.

“I have a feeling that it came from earth. What it’s doing here is beyond me though. We’d better repair Ponyville before it comes back though,” Princess Celestia replied.

The others agreed and made their way back to Ponyville. Before they did though, another bright flash of light shown and when it left, in its place were three more two-legged creatures, unlike the one they had just faced.

“Um, aren’t those ‘humans’ from Earth, like you said Twilight?” asked Rarity.

“Yeah, but I’ve never seen them before,” Twilight replied.

Author's Note:

Here’s chapter two everyone. I might work on chapter three later today if I feel like it. Again, constructive criticism is highly appreciated.

Yours truly,
Donnnnnnnn