• Published 7th Aug 2012
  • 1,420 Views, 11 Comments

Crystal Horned Alicorn - DeltaPow



Delta, a Clone of Ethan Pow, lives a life as a alicorn in Equestira.

  • ...
14
 11
 1,420

The Joke is on the Prince

Chapter 6: The Joke is on the Prince

I woke up just as the sun was raising... It was quiet since the guards were sent to Canterlot. I heard a knock on the door, grabbing my hat and dashing down to the door I opened it. It was Rose from yesterday.

"Oh hi Rose, what brings you to my place this early." I said with a tired look on my face.

"Oh, did I wake you?" Rose asked.

"I was already awake when you knocked." I answered.

"Since you where awake yesterday, I thought you be up by now, I came to bring you this." Rose said as she gave me a yellow rose in a flower-pot.

"Simply Beautiful, I love these Flowers but I never been much of a gardener I don't really go out of my way to get myself dirty. Why you giving me this?" I asked grabbing it with my magic and smelling it.

"Just to make sure I had no hard feelings of yesterday. I also do have many roses of that color anyway." She said with a smile, "I came by to give it to you before I head to work."

"Thank You, It's very Thoughtful, even though I was the one that walked into you." I said placing the pot down.

"No hard feelings, by the way, where are your guards?" Rose asked.

"They were recalled to Canterlot, I am guard-free for the time being." I chuckled.

"Well I will see you around, I heading to work." She left waving, which I returned a wave then I picked up the flower and placed it on the table in the living room, smelled very good.

I went upstairs, I was reminded about getting my wing muscles some more work so they can carry me when I want to fly. So I took the time to do a few wing ups to get them stronger. I got on the ground and did about 26 until I stopped thinking, 'At least I did one more than yesterday... If I want to fly I got to keep it up.. I hope I don't get too lazy, I know that rainbow dash won't rest until I can fly without any support.'

With that I went to the shower and wash up to see Twilight so she can teach me more about magic. I went outside and closed the door behind me. I noticed a few ponies where looking at me more often as I walked to the library and seeing the door smashed in. Spike was there cleaning up tired, he must have seen what have happened.

"Spike, what happened?" I asked with concern.

"Rainbow dash seemed to need Twilight for something important at Fluttershy's place." He answered my question with a yawn.

"Every pony up and about very early in the morning" I asked.

"Your telling me, Twilight was up most of the night and got up very early with Owlowicius." Spike said

"Who what?" I said confused.

"Twilight's late assistant so Twilight can study more often, She is an Owl." Spike stated as he woke up. "Well I did get enough sleep I think, I just take early mornings."

"I see, need any help?"I asked.

"Ya this door needs to be reattached, Rainbow rush into the library that it busted off its hinges." Spike requested as I got the door up in place as Spike got replacement hinges placed in making if good as new.

"Spike, do you know anything about a Royal Guard recall that happens around now?"I asked.

"I unsure but each year the most of the guards are recalled to Canterlot to get promoted, any rewards. Sometimes royals are left with local protection.. I see why you asked, you have no guards right now." Spike responded.

"Ya, they where unsure to leave me alone for a few days." I informed Spike.

"Why don't I be your protection. Guard Spike reporting for duty." Spike said saluting hopping on.

"I don't think guards get free rides but I can reconsider it for your case."I said with a laugh.

"They must be at Fluttershy's place still Sir." Spike said.

"Very well then." I stated as we started heading to Fluttershy's place.

Once we got there, most of Fluttershy's pets where sick. It seems Twilight was reading to see what making them so ill.

"Hey, Whats going on?" I asked with much concern.

"Ethan, Its my pets they got sick after eating a strange root angel found.. I asked Rainbow if she get twilight and Twilight is here trying to find out whats wrong... the vent won't be open for hours." Fluttershy explained.

"None of my books explain about this root, I think Zecora knows more about this root than any pony." Twilight said as she placed her books in her saddle pack.

"Who is Zecora?"I asked.

"A zebra that lives in the everfree forest. She came from far away, understands a lot about herbs and poisons. She is the best bet to know whats going on. Fluttershy you should stay here, me, rainbow, Spike and Ethan should be ok." Twilight suggested.

"You sure, the everfree forest is still dangerous." Fluttershy said.

"No worries Fluttershy, Prince Ethan and his trusted guard will get to Zecora and back without much problems." Spike said.

"Also we have a very safe path to Zecora's remember.. to avoid the local pitfalls." Twilight added.

"If not I will fight our way out." Rainbow dash stated.

"Then the time is of the essence, Lets head to Zecora." I said.

We Rushed with twilight in the front and I am behind the group with spike on my back. Taking a very odd path that took longer. It made me wonder but it was local pitfalls that we where avoiding. We couldn't just fly because I can't stay in the air long, unless its dangerous flying over.

"Well we are here, that's Zecora's place" Twilight said to a tree with lights on.. there was a body seen.

"Is that ponies I hear, Yes Twilight, Spike and Rainbow dash, How are you. With a new Pony Tall and Alicorn with a crystal horn, that is something I never seen before." Zecora said walking out her home.

"Hi Zecora, This is Prince Ethan, we came out here because of this root... it seems that Fluttershy's animals are sick from it." twilight showed Zecora the Root.

"Oh, I see this root not meant for eating but it won't do much harm. Give them a moment to rest and they will be quite refreshed." Zecora said with a smile, "But Just in case" she walked into her home, "This will get them good again just single drop on any of their food." Zecora informed.

"Thank you Zecora, your much help."I said with a smile.

"Any time for you Pony folk." She Responded.

We went ahead and walked back, taking the same path we did before. We where walking a cliff and the ground started to shake, it broke below me. In reaction I grabbed spike with my mouth and threw him to twilight. I skid down below some trees. I fell on some blue flowers that was all over the place. I didn't think much about it.

"Ethan are you ok?" Twilight said in a panic.

"I am ok I will meet you on the further down path I am next to it." I said hearing a sound of relief.

They got to me and I was very dusty and muddy, Rainbow dash started to snicker.

"Nice view you got right there, dirt prince." Rainbow stated as she started laughing.

"Are you ok, Ethan, you tossed me to twilight instantly when you fell?" Spike asked.

"I am fine, maybe some pride broken but I will live. I will need a wash down to get this junk off me." I stated.

"We will once we get to Fluttershy's place I think she can help you." Twilight said.

We got to Fluttershy's place soon after that, some of the animals seemed better but still sick.

"Fluttershy, use this Zecora said to use a drop on their food and will feel better." Twilight told fluttershy.

After that she did just that, I got showered with water to clean off the mud and dirt. The Animals got better pretty quickly, about a few hours later, every pony returned to what they where doing before. Twilight, Spike and I went to the library. It was the afternoon when we left.

"You guys got the door fixed, I completely forgot about that." Twilight said.

"Ethan helped me get it in place, I was able to get it back on its hinges." Spike said.

"In the end I am happy nothing bad happed. Oh I need to head home... I have a Yellow Rose flower that the Pony Rose gave to me, I haven't watered it and see if it got enough sunlight... Oh dear see you two tomorrow." I rushed to my house they waved me goodbye.

I got home to see the rose looked good, I got a small amount of water and gave it some.

"Good atleast I know its good on water, it smells great... maybe I should turn in early... I am tired from the excitement." I stated to myself and head to bed.

I went to sleep, getting to dreamland... I started to dream about what was happening today it got to the part when I fell off the cliff that broke below me but those flowers it was spikes vines. I woke up it was still late, about three o clock in the morning. I went to the bathroom to get cleaned up and take a shower. Something didn't feel right my mane and tail felt much longer... it must have been my imagination until I looked in the mirror and saw princess Celestia with no royal items on and crystal horn. 'Celestia with a crystal horn... that's not CELESTIA!'

"That's Me.."I said but it didn't sound like me it was Celestia's voice.

This made me panic a bit... did some pony pull a prank on me, did I run into something... was it when we where in the everfree forest.

"I got to see Twilight... wait a moment, My dearest Student Twilight Sparkle... ok that is very creepy and very funny at the same time." I said(Celestia's voice) as I took a large cloak that was in the dressers that was in there and place my hat above that so I could be identified.

I head outside, hopefully Luna doesn't notice me and talk to me again. I don't mind talking to her, I don't want to explain this whole thing. I got to the Library, it seemed every pony was asleep which was good. I knocked on the door. It seemed Twilight was up.

She opened the door and saw me with a cloak on with my hat on.

"Ethan, your up very early.. come in its very cold outside." She said as I walked in and she closed the door. I lowered the hood of the cloak. Twilight was shocked

"I woke up like this, I dunno why its happened." I said (Celestia's voice) as spike woke up.

"Whats going on? Hi Princess Celestia" Spike said very sleepy as I looked at him with angry eyes, he saw that there was a crystal horn.

"No Spike, Its me Ethan, I dunno why I look like this." I said (Celestia's voice).

"Now you got your Nightmare Night Costume." Spike was now awake and giggling.

"Well lets find out... you sure you already haven't mastered shape shifting." Twilight said.

"I am very sure..." I said.

"This would be the best prank ever to be done, have you eaten anything that was weird." Spike said still giggling.

"This would be the worst joke pulled on me in my life."I said (Celestia's voice)

"A joke, when you fell did you come in contact with a blue flower?" Twilight asked.

"Yes many of them but then I didn't think of them to be harmful." I answered (Celestia's voice)

"Poison Joke, Spike get me the Supernaturals remedies.."Twilight commanded spike but he was a step ahead.

"Well It's a Joke alright, the flower you got in contact on is a magical flower that pulls a joke on that person, unlike poison oak." Spike added.

"Crude but effective, well how do you know this... you read it from a book?" I asked (Celestia's voice)

"Well it happened before we got a chance to befriend Zecora. Me, Rarity, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash and AppleJack where effected... Myself it made my horn unable to use magic. Rarity hair was very crazy, Pinkie Pie couldn't talk, Fluttershy voice got very deep, Rainbow Dash was unable to control her flight and Applejack was very tiny." Twilight explained when spike giggled at that.

"I take it there is a cure?" I asked (Celestia's voice).

"Ya the spa has it but we will have to wait until noon for it to be open." Twilight said.

"Don't mind me sticking around til then?" I asked. (Celestia's voice)

"No problem, we can work on your magic." Twilight said with glee.

With that I stuck with learning magic and reading some books. The timed passed, but it seemed that the pony group came in the library at nine o five.

"Hey Twilight, we wanted to see if you wanted to hang out with us we going to get Ethan as well since he was helpful to ya saving spike from that fall was very awesome." rainbow dash said to twilight looked at me and I nodded yes.

"Well Sh...he is in here.." Twilight said almost making a mistake.

"Hi ya every pony, The Poison joke got me and now I look like and sound like Celestia." I explained. (Celestia's voice)

Rainbow dash started laughing until Fluttershy interjected, "That's mean rainbow, remember when we got Poison Joked? You couldn't control your flight."

"Sorry, but this is pretty funny." Rainbow Apologized still chuckling.

"Its ok, I bet it was weird on you when joke on ya. I want to get this fixed before..." I said (Celestia's voice)

We heard activity outside, saying the princess was here but they weren't referring to me. They meant that Celestia came to visit Ponyville today.

"Oh dear, this is one conundrum." Applejack said.

"Well it's not as bad when I couldn't talk...Oh ya." Pinkie said.

"It gets any worse... I bet the princess came to see me." I said that Celestia was at the door as 2 guards where guarding the door.

"Hello Everypony, I came to see Prince Ethan." Celestia said as I thought 'I called it... all hoof will break loose.' as I waved very embarrassed. "Wow, Ethan what happened to you look like me." Celestia said with shock as the door was closed.

"Poison Joke, caused me to look and sound just like you except my crystal horn." I stated (still in Celestia's voice)

"I see, this is very amusing." Celestia said with a giggle.

"Well the funny thing about this is this is what I said that this would be Nightmare Night costume." I stated. (Celestia's voice talking to Celestia go figure.)

"I am honored, you got my likeness down. I hope you got a cure. Two of me would be overwhelming." Celestia asked.

"Its a Herbal bath that the spa has removes the effects of the Poison Joke." Twilight answered.

"Prince Ethan fell into the Poison Joke when we where in the everfree forest getting a cure for Fluttershy's animals she takes care of. He reacted to get spike off his back before the prince fell and come in contact of the poison joke, Princess." Rainbow dash added.

"I made sure that he didn't get hurt, It was reaction to get him safe. If I didn't he would have gotten the poison joke." I said. (Celestia's voice)"If I was just a second too slow."

"Attributes that make a good prince, Valor, is something I don't see in princes now a days. Ethan your actions are becoming of a royal of Equestria." Celestia stated.

"Never thought of that before, I was doing what is right for everyone, than whats right for myself. Princess I have to ask, how does it feel talking to yourself?" I asked with a cheeky grin. (You know that I have her voice.)

"It's never have happened to me before, something very unexpected. Even in my wisdom you keep surprising me." Celestia told me.

"We really should get you to the spa, this is getting very weird for me darling." Rarity said as she moved me. "But on the other hoof this is a good way to make something for the princess."

"I might do this for Nightmare Night but that's it." I stated with some anger as I glared at Rarity. (Celestia's voice.)

"I'm joking." Rarity stated to me scared tone in her voice. This made the Princess and the rest of the gang giggle.

We went and head to the spa... We did make many heads spin. Finally got the herbal bath done and hopped in, the effects of the poison joke reverted pretty quickly. Pretty much getting back to the main room drying myself off, the spa ponies took my towel.

"Though Celestia your looks and voice is very beautiful. I happy that I am back to my self." I said with my voice back to normal.

"I am happy everything is cleared up, I wanted to check up on you personally since you got to Ponyville but I been busy to make time. At least Luna came by to talk to you, I wanted to make sure everything was going great for you. It seems that you finding yourself pretty well." Celestia stated.

"In time I will be the Prince that Equestria deserves, Every pony has shown that to me in the few days I been here. This world has yet to test me, so I need to learn and grow." I said.

"I hope your goals are reached then, I will always be in Canterlot if you want to see me, you need no invitation." Celestia suggested to me.

"Thank you, I will need your wisdom again, I never got a chance to see Canterlot that much, Maybe I should bring a friend each time I visit. I need to see it from many views." I said looking at all the girls.

"With that said, I better be going, I will see you all my little ponies." Celestia said to them as well, maybe me. She made her way to her guards and went to Canterlot with a smile on her face. I did harm my heart a bit to see that I didn't anger her in the slightest.

"Applejack, something I have to tell you something about the Cutie Mark Crusaders club house." I stated.

"What the matter? Anything wrong." Applejack surprised.

"It seems that honey bees took home in the Club House and it was during applebuck season, I wanted to know if there is a place for a new home for them on your farm? They have caused damage to the club house." I asked.

"Oh dear... I was very busy and working with big mac I wasn't paying much attention to apple bloom." Applejack said with a frown. "Honey bees would be handy to have, help with making more money on the farm.. there is a place or them."

"No worries, when they get out of school, they got a bee house for the honey bees, I did promise that I would help get the Club house repaired." I stated.

"Yay." Fluttershy said happily.

"Gee Ethan, that's mighty neighborly of you." Applejack said happily.

"He is part of the Club after all." Spike said.

"Nah its more that he is just that cool." Rainbow Dash added.

"They should be getting out of school soon right?" I asked.

"About in an hour or so." Rarity said.

"Why don't we head there and all help out." Twilight suggested as we all agreed.

After leaving the Spa we head to my place so I could pickup my saddlebags and went to the bank to pull out more money. Then we went to the school to pickup the Cutie Mark Crusaders from school. Then with Applejack's help we found a place for the Bee's new home as Fluttershy got them to move over. Getting the Supplies, Applejack, myself and Twilight got the club house Repaired. Rarity, Pinkie Pie and rainbow Dash help get it painted and dried.

"The Cutie Mark Crusaders club house is now back in business." Sweetie Belle.

"And thanks to our newest member Prince Ethan." Scootaloo stated as everypony applaud and pinkie blowing a party whistle.

"It was not without his help it would have taken longer to get the club house repaired" Apple bloom added.

"I hope that this helps in your essay about me." I stated.

"Yep." The little girls said in unison. As they wrote their Essay:

Apple Bloom, Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle

Miss Cheerilee students

Prince Ethan Essay

The Prince has been a change for all of us here, as we needed help with our club house as it was being used as a home. He helped us get the club house back to what it was but he would only meet us half way as he wouldn't do it for us.

We learned that friendship is something you can't always take but also give. Working as a team we got our goal of our club back together again and get bees into a new home where they are happy with.

I hope we are friends with Prince Ethan forever.

With that we partied that the club is back. We hanged out until it was very late, I went back to my house to see my guards have returned from the recall.

"I see my royal guards are back, I hope everything was alright at the recall." I stated.

"Ya, it seems some of the guards got some medals for services." Steel grid stated, "Shining Armor did make a letter to you." Some of the guards with medals being very proud of themselves as I started to read the letter from Shining Armor.

Dear Prince Ethan

I am pleased that you sent me a letter on this matter since some of your guard did receive honors of duty. Major Steel Grid has told me of interesting ways to give royalty space and keep them protected. This made me to think of some new ways to handle guard and royal relationships that I wish to have a discussion when you come to Canterlot.

I am happy to hear about Twilight, if possible, she can come and visit when you do as well I haven't seen her since the wedding.

Shining Armor

captain of the Royal Guard

With that I had the letter magically break apart since I read it. 'It seems Twilight will be going with me to Canterlot in a few days if she wants too.' I thought.

"Well, It seems I might be going to Canterlot in a few days, for now I am heading to bed." I stated as I went to bed after watering the rose as the guards did like the smell.

The day was over, the joke was over and the club was repaired as the girls got their essay done. I went to sleep with knowing that I did good today.