• Published 12th Feb 2019
  • 914 Views, 18 Comments

My Little Kirin: The Lost Tribes - Soothing Stone



The daughter of Twilight and Spike and the son of Ember set out with Autumn Blaze to find the lost Kirin Tribes.

  • ...
6
 18
 914

Recap (Recommended For New Readers)

When Spike arrived in Ponyville, everypony in the world figured he would end up with Rarity. It felt like it was in the cards for them. He was madly in love with her, and she admired him for his qualities and character. A lot of the time, she’d ask him for help on designing a dress or fetching gems from the caves in town. It seemed like a surefire thing, and they’d be happy together, right?

As it turned out, that wouldn’t be the case. She turned him down when he finally gained the courage to ask her out, and it took him a while to get over the rejection. She even found another stallion to fall in love with, although she made it clear that she only turned Spike down over how young he was. It never had to do with his personality.

A few years passed after the letdown. He still wasn’t over it when he hit adulthood, and he wasn’t happy about it. It left him with some scars, yes, but he needed to get over her if he really wanted to get over it. After he went over his options, he decided to turn to the pony that was always there for him, Twilight Sparkle. Maybe she could teach him how to talk to girls so he could finally meet the one for him?

And then things got messy. He developed feelings for her, and he wasn’t certain how to handle that. She was like a sister to him, and now he wanted to go out with her? It took him a long time to come forward about it, but he gained the courage to ask her out. It came as a surprise to the princess, but she decided to give it a shot after deliberating about it. It would be awkward at times, but she was curious where this would go.

It turned out to be the best thing to happen to them in a long time. Things blossomed between the dragon and the alicorn, and they fell in love. After they got used to this arrangement, they ended up getting married. It was a happy marriage, but anyone who knows them knows it wasn’t going to be quiet for long.

After some time passed, Twilight was pregnant with their first child. It would be a scary time, as they weren’t sure what their foal would be like. They were the first dragon and pony, possibly ever, to have a kid together. When the time to deliver arrived, they were shocked at the result: Twilight gave birth to a kirin, though not the kind of kirin Autumn Blaze was. This was one was closer to a dragon-pony hybrid. They weren’t sure what to expect from her in terms of magic and abilities, but they settled on her name: Kunzite.

The newly born Princess Kunzite was taken home, and despite some growing pains(now that’s an understatement), Twilight and Spike loved her very much and went out of their way to raise her right. Then they found out that she was a freak of nature, with almost as much potential for magic as Twilight herself. And then she could fly. Oh yeah, that was one part of Spike she inherited, the dragon wings.

Kunzite gained a lot of attention from Celestia and Starswirl the Bearded. They knew Twilight and Spike would want to learn all they could about their foal and what kind of creature she was. That sent them out on a journey to investigate a rumor of another kirin like her out in the world. Starswirl heard of it before, but he didn’t believe it at the time. Just like most rumors, there’s some truths hidden among them all.

There was indeed another kirin like Kunzite, going by the name of Wildfire, hidden deep into the forests by the Dragon Lands. He was born around the same time as Celestia and Luna, and he found out that any kirin both from the pairing of a dragon and a pony are born with a special destiny, not unlike a Cutie Mark. His special destiny? Stopping the then-Dragon Lord, Torch, from invading Equestria when Celestia and Luna were still fillies. Given that Torch ended up doing nothing, safe to say Wildfire succeeded at his job when he confronted the Dragon Lord over his plans.

When he found out that there was another kirin like him in the world, he set out to investigate for himself. He was shocked to see that Celestia wasn’t pulling his leg; there really was another member of his species. With that knowledge, he warned Twilight and Spike that their daughter would inherit a destiny of her own, and it would likely be linked to someone else in the world.

Sure enough, there was another child being born in the world around the same time: The child of Dragon Lord Ember and Fizzle--if you were shocked to hear that, it may be a comfort that everyone was surprised at the pairing. They had their first egg around the same time, and when he hatched, they dubbed him Moonstone for the blue colors of his scales. It wouldn’t be a coincidence that the two kingdoms had a child born at the same time, and Wildfire knew it. The surge of magical energy Kunzite sent out after his hatching further cemented the kirin’s theory. Odds are, Moonstone would play a role in Kunzite’s story, and vice versa.

With all that out of the way, it’s time to see what they’re up to, as their special destinies come out into the light...