• Published 8th Feb 2019
  • 229 Views, 1 Comments

Welcome To canine Crossroads - Yosh-E-O



Dark Light discovers a newborn dragon while on the run from The Equestrian Princesses and seeks sanctuary in a town beyond Equestria.

  • ...
 1
 229

Chapter 3 - Animal Crossing

Author's Note:

An open apology to anyone now wondering why there isn't a 'Crossover' tag with this story. Well, to be honest, "FiM Fiction" is a tad tricky to use with software designed to allow a person with zero eyesight to populate, respond, and create certain content.

However

I'm glad I can still post here despite having lost all my physical vision over two years ago. This is still a far more usable site than most and I hope it stays that way.

Thanks for your understanding and support. Now back to the story.

Magic was a most useful tool. Especially for Dark Light who tended to have accidents if he fell asleep too deeply.
“Ugh,” he groaned while waking up wet in a diaper he had enlarged from the pack he got for Larimar. “At least it spared the sheets.”

Larimar was still asleep as the black-coated Unicorn moved about the room.
“Though…,” he thought with a smile. “It is nice to actually get some real sleep for a change.”

The baby dragon began to stir.

“Looks like it’s time to be a responsible adult,” he shrugged. “At least it is under my terms instead of those who insisted on owning every aspect of my life back in Canterlot.”

***

Dark Light went about changing, feeding, and cleaning Larimar as he thought on how life had been for him back in Canterlot. He wondered whether-or-not his parents even did what he was doing for the orphan dragon for him as a foal. Or, perhaps, their intent was always to make him into some grand vision that only performed what he was instructed to do over what he wanted to do.

“Blurf!” belched the teal-colored hatchling as a spittle of purple fire emerged from his mouth.

The sight of the dragon’s fire brought back memories of the day he committed the crime in which he was on the run from. It was a terrible day filled with so much anger, regret, sadness, and pain. To this day, Dark Light would have nightmares on a regular basis that, due to his own will, not even Princess Luna could save him from.
“But…,” he further considered while looking at the purple-eyed dragon. “I’ve slep soundly for two nights…”

WOO-WOO
SPLASH

The yellow-haired Unicorn allowed the soapy water to lap against his coat while taking in what he had just come to realize.
“My nightmares…?” he considered. “Could it be…?”

Larimar stopped his splashing while gazing into the Unicorn’s yellow eyes.
“Da!” he babbled. “Da! Da!”

Tears welled inside the Unicorn’s eyes as he took in a feeling he never thought he’d ever come to know. This being love.

***

Dark Light needed very little concentration to maintain his illusion of being a Pegasus. He had been doing it for months and was even being trained in the art of illusion prior to the incident that started his escape from Equestria.

“Hope you don’t mind being a pony, Larimar,” remarked Dark Light as he looked back at the teal-colored foal who had a pastel-yellow mane and tale, tiny pale-green wings, and large purple eyes.

“Bwa-puh,” the ponified dragon babbled while taking interest in his claw now appearing as a hoof.

“Greetings!” a female voice called out. “Welcome to Canine Crossroads!”

Dark Light flinched as a dog in a green skirt and vest came towards him with a big smile on her face.

“I heard you may be looking for a job?” she pursued upon reaching the faux Pegasus.

Dark Light gulped as he had wondered how this doggy with bells tied into her pony tail knew of him and what he had briefly mentioned in the hotel to the fox.

“I’m sorry,” she sulked. “It’s just nice to see new creatures coming to our town.”

“Oh…,” trailed the stallion.

“Pffft,” Larimar raspberried while looking towards the shin tzu.

“Ah!” she cooed. “What an adorable baby!”

“Sorry,” Dark Light stated flatly. “Who are you?”

“Oh!” the yellow dog blushed. “My name’s Isabelle. I’m the secretary to Mayor Yosh.”

“Mayor Yosh?” pondered Dark Light aloud. “That name sounds familiar…”

Isabelle giggled.
“No surprise,” she beamed. “He has really helped to turn this town around.”

“Interesting…,” continued the stallion. “How do you know me?”

“Whoops!” she gasped. “TJ told me when he was running about yesterday about someone new who was a pony that had a foal who was looking for work here in our town.”

Dark Light rolled his eyes.
“I see…,” he trailed.

“Are you still interested in a job?” she inquired with a pleading look in her eyes. “Mayor Yosh is trying to find some good creatures to get the town library and museum up and running.”

The job options grabbed Dark Light’s attention enough to not notice that Larimar had slid off his back and landed on his padded bottom.

“Uh, oh!” cooed Isabelle as she went to scoop up the fallen foal. “Someone is trying to make a get away.”

Dark Light glared towards the yellow shih tzu. His mind wanted to zap her with a spell for having taken hold of Larimar. However he knew wiser than to draw such negative attention to himself.
“Could you put him back on my back, please?” he asked as nicely as he possibly could.

“Of course!” Isabelle chriped. “You may want one of those fancy foal harnesses if you plan to travel around with him. I also suppose a buggy, or stroller, would do.”

“Noted,” he replied. “What about a job at the library?”

Isabelle smiled.
“Ah, yes!” she clapped. “We need someone who is really good with books to help sort out our growing collection of magical tomes!”

“Magical tomes?” considered Dark Light.

“Yes!” Isabelle chirped while nodding her head and causing her bells upon her head to jingle. “Ponies are known for understanding magic, right?”

Dark Light shrugged.
“I do have a background from my years of school as a colt,” he stated.

Isabelle gestured merrily.
“Then you’d be perfect!” she cheered. “We’re going to start a school here to help in the study of magical arts. Mayor Yosh wants to make education a top priority to help draw in all sorts of creatures to our town!”

Dark Light was getting more-and-more curious about this ‘mayor’ the shih tzu kept speaking of.
“Do I apply directly with the mayor?” he asked.

Isabelle lowered her head.
“I’m afraid not,” she replied. “He’s quite busy handling other matters. Fortunately he has given me the task of creating an employment center to help get this town moving forward at tip-top speed!”

“And where is this ‘employment center’?” inquired the faux Pegasus.

Isabelle offered a hand.
“I’ll take you there!” she beamed. “Then I can show you and your foal around! You’re going to love it here!”

Dark Light was a tad hesitant over how enthusiastic the shih tzu was to take him some place. However he felt it at least worth a shot to see whether-or-not it was a trap. If it was, he already knew the exact spell that would make what he did at Canterlot seem like a fireworks show in comparison.