• Published 8th Feb 2019
  • 229 Views, 1 Comments

Welcome To canine Crossroads - Yosh-E-O



Dark Light discovers a newborn dragon while on the run from The Equestrian Princesses and seeks sanctuary in a town beyond Equestria.

  • ...
 1
 229

Chapter 2 - Rooming With Little Larimar

Dark Light had plenty of time to cast his disguise spell so that he’d appear as a Pegasus instead of a Unicorn. He thought about making up a ruse for Larimar but the fox had come back before he could consider how to go about it.

KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK

The faux Pegasus darted for the door as he carried Larimar in a bathroom towel on his back.
“Thanks!” he exclaimed while opening the door.

The fox held out a small pack of foal diapers.
“Do you think these will do the trick?” he asked while surveying the room.

Dark Light noticed the wandering eyes of the fox.
“These will do fine,” he stated while taking the diapers with one hoof and placing a handful of bits into the paw of the fox with the other.

“Umm…,” baffled the apron-clad canid.

Dark Light’s eyes narrowed.
“Sorry,” he said while quickly tossing more bits towards the worker’s paw.

“Sir,” the employee tried to say. “I just want to know if you’ll be staying another night?”

“Yes!” proclaimed the black-coated Pegasus while rushing the fox out.

CA-CLUNK

“Have a good day, sir!” the employee called from the other side of the door.

***

Dark Light spent the next hour gathering blankets that Larimar had ‘used’ so he could take them to the wash room.
“Good thing they had diapers here,” he remarked while looking at the gleeful hatchling as he played with his toes. “Though I’ll have to find some of my own, too, if I allow myself to fall asleep so deeply.”

“Ungh…,” moaned Larimar as he rubbed his belly. “Uh! Uh! Uh!”

Dark Light turned to face the baby dragon who had feather-like wings.
“Oh!” he gasped. “You must be hungry?”

Larimar started to fuss.

“Argh!” groaned Dark Light. “Why I bothered to take you is beyond me.”

The faux Pegasus felt a pang in his chest.

“Oh,” he sighed. “The right thing to do. No creature should ever have their childhood ruined.”

Dark Light stared intensely towards the flailing, baby dragon.
“Even if that some creature is a pain in the flank,” he grumbled.

***

The traveling fugitive from Canterlot knew he couldn’t stay in his hotel room forever. Things needed cleaned, food needed gathered, and supplies had to be acquired to support a traveling party of two. Fortunately, the fox from earlier had offered Dark Light to gather some things in town on his behalf.

“You’re quite generous,” the fox stated. “So I don’t mind using my break to go through town to gather these items for you.”

“I’m actually hoping to find work here,” added Dark Light. “Could you also bring me back a local newspaper?”

The fox nodded.
“We actually offer those to our guests for free,” he stated. “I’ll bring it up with those other items you’ve requested.”

“And you’ll be discrete?” pursued the faux Pegasus.

The fox nodded and smiled.
“Of course,” he replied. “Though it’s really no big deal to gather a few things for a guest who wants to move into our little village.”

“Thank you,” Dark Light added while gesturing for the employee to leave.

“You know,” the fox stated. “We do have a daycare center in town now. Maybe you’d want to drop off your lil’ guy while you get yourself settled in?”

Dark Light felt on the spot. He had a baby dragon. Dragons were definitely not seen with ponies and definitely not safe in a foal-filled daycare center.

The fox picked up on Dark Light’s tension.
“You’re the boss, sir,” he chimed. “Please let me know if you require anything else.”

“I will,” the Pegasus replied while shutting the bedroom door. “Now to business.”

***

Dark Light had become very skilled in the magical arts. Some from school, some from reading, and most through pure trial-and-error during his journey outside of Equestria. He had done some very terrible things back in Canterlot. These things were also severe enough to make him an extremely wanted pony who would face nothing short of the princesses’ harshest punishment if caught.

“I’m starting to wonder if it was fortunate you and I found each other,” sighed Dark Light as the hungry dragon wailed to be fed.

***

The fox returned far faster than Dark Light had expected. This was fortunate as he knew Larimar wouldn’t do well if not fed soon. The fox asked if Dark Light wanted his change but the fugitive Unicorn declined as it allowed him to bring in the order without bringing undue attention to the hatchling in his room.

***

Once fed, Larimar calmed down and found himself ready for a nap.
“You’re cute when not raising a ruckus,” remarked Dark Light as he tapped a hoof on the pastel-yellow colored belly of the baby dragon. “I have a feeling everything is going to work out for us.”

***

That evening, with the aid of a pacifier he had magically fused some gem dust to, Dark Light and Larimar made their way to the Cozy Glow Inn’s laundry room. Nobody was up and anyone who walked by saw the colt foal illusion with the Pegasus stallion and opted to not bother the pair. Some well cast magic condensed the dirty linens and it didn’t take too long to get back to the room.

Dark Light breathed deep.
“Smell that, Larimar,” he grinned. “That’s the smell of clean.”

“Gaba,” the tiny dragon replied as he squirmed and wiggled upon the stallion’s back.

“Well,” the Unicorn shrugged. “At least what happens in your diapers stays in your diapers.”

“Bleh,” Larimar gurgled in response.

***


It was a long day but Dark Light felt very accomplished. Larimar was fast asleep, the room was sanitized, and he was able to eat some of the fresh fruits and vegetables he ordered the fox to grab.
“Now to see what this town’s about,” he stated while opening up the newspaper. “Canine Crossroads, eh? This should be a nice spot to spend some time before getting back on the road again.”