• Published 21st Jan 2019
  • 2,954 Views, 31 Comments

Journey Back Beneath the School - OliverSparkle



Can the Young Six protect Lightning from Cozy Glow?

  • ...
2
 31
 2,954

Safe At Last

Somewhere amongst the caves, Gallus and Silverstream walked through the cave as they searched for Lightning Twister. They looked to left and right to see if they can see him, but they couldn’t find him.

“Oh I so hope Lightning’s okay,” said Silverstream worriedly, “He might be scared and hungry out here all alone.”

“Don’t worry, Silverstream,” Gallus said, “We’ll soon find him.”

As they kept on walking, they suddenly stopped as they heard the sound of sniffing and whimpering from a couple of miles away in the cave.

“I can hear something,” said Gallus as he placed a claw near his ear so he can hear more and that he’s not hearing things.

Silverstream did the same as the sound of sniffing and whimpering became more louder and clearer to make them realise who was doing the sounds.

Silverstream let out a gasp before saying, “I know that whimpering. It’s Lightning!”

“The kid must be in trouble!” Gallus shouted in shock, “We’ve got to save him! Come on!” They followed the whimpering and sniffing sounds to where Lightning was.


Gallus and Silverstream finally reached to where Lightning was as they stopped by a few miles from where he was and saw what was going on.

They saw Lightning shaking and covering his face with his hooves by the medium rock before looking up and saw that Lightning was shaking in fear because of the scary shadows on the giant rock near in front of the river, especially the Storm King Shadow.

“Storm King?!” Gallus asked in fear before grabbing Silverstream’s left talon arm and tried pulling her away, “Quick! Let’s go find the others so we can all stop him and help Lightning!”

Gallus didn’t feel Silverstream moving a muscle as she looked forward in shock to what was going on in front of them which made Gallus look at her in confusion and worried.

“Silverstream?”

Silverstream looked at both the Storm King shadow growling evilly and Lightning shaking in fear. Her shock face turned into an angry look as she shock in anger and her face turned red while growling angrily. She then walked towards the river.

“Silverstream, what are you doing? That’s the Storm King! He’ll destroy you!”

“I! Don’t! Care!” She said to Gallus before continuing her way to the medium rock.

Lightning continued to shake in fear and hide his face in his hooves while The Storm King Shadow growled making him even more scared.

Suddenly, he heard a familiar voice.

“All right!”

Lightning moved his face away from hooves, showing tears in his eyes, as he looked Silverstream flying above glaring angrily at The Storm King Shadow.

“That about does it, Storm King! I have had just about enough of you! You may have taken our magic and made us go into hiding from you! But scaring my cute friend Lightning, that’s gone too far! I won’t have you scaring him and making him cry and feel like no creature will ever save him! So why don’t you take your stupid guards, your ugly look, and leave all the hippogriffs and Lightning Twister... ALONE!!!!”

And with all of that said, Silverstream landed on the ground hardly which, again, made the rock build of Storm King and his four guards fall apart like before as Silverstream was now breathing hardly before calmly taking a deep breath in and out.

“That’ll show him,” she said feeling proud of herself.

Gallus flew up to Silverstream with both shock and amazed look on his face.

“Silverstream…that, was amazing!” He said, “You stood up to The Storm King, again!”

Silverstream rubbed her right claw in her fur chest proudly with a grin on her face. “He had it coming.”

Gallus and Silverstream turned to Lightning who was bawling and running towards them.

“Silverstream!”

Lightning clung to Silverstream’s middle and bawled into her chest. Silverstream gently held Lightning and started rubbing his mane slowly.

“Shh, shh…it’s okay, cutie,” whispered Silverstream softly, “I’m here, I’m here.”

Silverstream gently picked Lightning up, stood up and walked towards a nearby boulder with Gallus following them. Silverstream slowly sat by the boulder, gently placed Lightning on her lap and continued to hug him and gently rub his mane in comfort.

“Shh…I’m here, Lightning cutie. You’re safe now.”

Sandbar, Yona, Smolder and Ocellus immediately made it into the same cave Silverstream, Gallus and Lightning were in as they saw the colt in the hippogriff’s arms.

“Lightning!” The four said in relief before running up towards them. They gathered round Silverstream and looked at the poor colt sniffling in Silverstream’s fur chest.

“What happened?” Asked Yona worriedly.

“The shadow of The Storm King appeared and scared the little cutie,” answered Silverstream.

They sadly looked at the poor colt as Sandbar then said, “Lightning, how did you get down here? Did somepony trapped you down here?”

Lightning continued to hide his face in the hippogriff’s fur chest and nodded his head to answer the Earth pony’s question.

“Who was it? Who did this to you?” Ocellus asked.

Lightning unburied his face from Silverstream’s fur chest and looked at Ocellus before answering,

“C-C-Cozy G-Glow.”

“Cozy Glow,” Gallus said, “You sure, kid?”

Lightning nodded slowly before burying his face into Silverstream’s fur chest again and continued to cry.

The six looked at each other with angry looks on their faces.

“We best tell Headmare Twilight about this,” said Smolder with the five nodding their heads in agreement.

Silverstream gently placed Lightning onto her back and Smolder give Lightning his Bendy plushie back as he gently took it from her and hugged it.

The Young Six began to make their way through the crystal cave, and back to the drain above. They got up through the drain hole one at a time as Sandbar placed the drain plate back into the hole and closing it tightly so nopony else can open it again. They then walked out of the library and towards the headmare’s office.