• Published 21st Jan 2019
  • 453 Views, 1 Comments

Equestria's Risen Hero: Airborne the Changeling-Dragon - Roku



Meet a changeling-dragon who is rejected by many people in his life. His school, his home land, even parts of Equestria despises Airborne. Why? Because of him being a hybrid.

  • ...
 1
 453

Enter: Airborne the Changeling-Dragon

Ever since Thorax and Ember married 11 years ago, the changelings and dragons were united. They weree supposedly living together in Dragon's Canyon, united as one giant tribe. Actually, half of the domain is for changeling homes and the other half is for dragon homes. However, they both had lots of very interconnected parts. Inside the center of Dragon's Canyon was the Dragon Lord's rock. The rock was large, like a castle's size. Inside that very rock was a child who was wandering his bedroom. He was not just a dragon. He was a changeling-dragon hybrid. In fact, he was a baby, or merely 10 years old. His wings are dragon-like except they are blue and see through like a changeling's. His eyes are blue with a white glow in the center. The horns are black and act as if they where a changeling horn (meaning magic). His scales are a slight dark grey, while the under belly ones are a bright yellow. The baby's tail has a point at the end, and his fangs are the same size as a changelings. The baby was walking around in his bedroom. In it, he was reaching for toys in boxes and bins that he had. The baby flier sure loved his toys, especially the ones his uncle buys for him. He sure loved his uncle a lot too. Made him happy every time those to saw each other. In fact, his very own parents were royalty, or highly important one could say. A blue dragon, consisting of horns that pointed outward to the front and a slim body, had walked to the baby. She scooped up the young child and spoke to him.

"Aww, aren't you a happy baby! Yes, you are! Yes, you are!" She said with glee as she tickled his stomach gently.

The changeling-dragon baby exclaimed, "Mommy! I'm not a baby anymore."

The blue dragon sighed as she spoke, "I know, dear. You're still always be my little boy, Airborne."

Airborne. That was the child's name. He got that after he flew crazily around moments after he was born. The doctors said that he sure was a naturally born flier, but they didn't know he would fly so soon. His father gave him that name after that experience.

Soon, the father of Airborne walked in. The father looked to be of purple, majestic bug-like wings, a green coat, 3 shiny orbs on his neck, dark magenta eyes, 2 large horns that curved into each other. He spoke to Airborne, "Hey kiddo. You know what today is?"

"School… I don't wanna go. Please don't make me!" Airborne pleaded. He despised school. "It's boring there and the older dragons always teases me because they thinks I'm dumb and weird." The older dragons were the school bullies. Kids who do not give a crap about school and failed to graduate their final year. The kids are around 18 or 19. However, Spike is about 18 years old himself but he never failed a year. It was his final year. Pretty much every child goes to the same exact school, but hte bullies got quite a reputation.

The father said, "I'm sorry son, but you do have to go to school. You know education as a changeling and a dragon is important. And you know what I always say-"

Airborne interrupted, "Twice the history, twice the specialty, twice the possibilities. I know I know."

Ember giggled to herself and set Airborne down. "Don't worry, your uncle is always going to be there when you need him. You know, Thorax and I know how much you love him."

Thorax was the father. Shown by the kindness of spike, he was blessed with the metamorphosed form that was supposed to be the real form of the changeling with goodness and love.

"Uncle Spike!" Airborne cheered. "I love Spike! Spike is the best." And that's the person he loves so much. Spike was his mentor, best uncle, and most awesome gift giver. Spike would never let his nephew down one bit. "Wait, is he going to be with me at school?"

"Yes, he will be," said Ember. Instantaneously, her voice got stern. "But do not start any mischief with him like you always do, mister! Or there will be a world of spankings come at you!"

Airborne gulped. "Yes moooom," he said begrudgingly.

Later that morning, Airborne was eating breakfast. Cereal… not his favorite. He didn't like cereal. Every time he pushed it away, his mother would come over and give him a stern look until the baby changeling-dragon ate it. Thorax was just eating his breakfast with coffee, fresh hot coffee. The room they were in was a large hall with a few seats at the end of the table. The dinner room consisted of large table with 3 plates. On top of those plates were bowls full of cereal. Airborne sat in between both of his parents. He wanted to always be in the middle and those 2 close. The moment he continued on with his cereal, Ember then smiled and kissed his forehead, once again reminding him that eating breakfast is the most important meal. Same, old boring lectures she gave to Airborne over and over again. Airborne did get annoyed, like always as he is young, and try to interrupt his mother and say that he knew that already. She constantly reminded him the importance of the intake of wisdom itself. Regardless, he understood, clearly as he did as he ate his cereal.

Spike walked into the room and then went to the group. He was a tall, lean dragon with large wings that stretched a tad larger than his body. He had green, large spikes that travel down his back and tail, getting smaller. His overall scales on his body are purple, except for his chin, neck, belly, and bottom tail which consists of a very pale green. He has green eyes and hair on the sides of his face. The large wings Spike had, he wrapped them around Airborne giving him a large, loving hug. He spoke to him saying, "Hey, Airborne. How's my favorite nephew?"

Airborne returned the bug to Spike with a bit more excitement. "I'm awesome, just like you, uncle Spike!"

Spike giggled a bit and picked him up. "So, you ready for dragon school?"

Airborne nodded yes to that. His mother however interrupted the reunion saying, "Ahem!"

"Where are my manners?" said the purple dragon. "Hello, Ember. Hello, Thorax. Long time no see."

Thorax laughed a bit and spoke to Spike, "Long time no see to you too, Spike. Be careful with our child. He's been going through a bit of a developmental phase."

Spike then courageously spoke, "You can count on me."

"Do you want any breakfast, Spike?" asked Ember.

"Nah, I'm alright. I already ate a large bowl of crystals before I came," Spike explained to Ember. "That reminds me." Spike then spoke to Airborne. "Have you ever tried a sapphire crystal?"

Airborne nodded no. "Mommy won't let me. She thinks they will hurt my teeth."

Ember then explained, "A big boy needs his teeth in order to eat. They're valuable, just as you would brush-"

Thorax interrupted this time, "Honey, I think you're doing it again."

Ember sighed a bit and then smiled, "I just want to make sure our little boy grows up big and strong. Thorax, you need to scold him more on certain occasions. I remember when you fed him too much candy before bed and that turned out to be a mess." Thorax recollected his memories. She was right though. Airborne's first time eating candy resulted in him staying up past his bedtime. In fact, the worst part about it was that he lived up to his name again by flying around the Changeling-Dragon Empire… all over the empire without rest. Thorax groaned a bit at the memory realizing it was a very bad idea. "And are you sure you want to allow him to eat crystals? Do you know how addicted he could be to those?"

Spike then decided to speak out, "Ember, you do realize that crystals are a dragon's favorite snack. At some point you do need to let Airborne grow up. He's 7. I was eating crystals when I was a baby dragon too and I never got addicted."

Ember then rolled her eyes. "Spike, you've gotta admit when I do say that you could not stop eating them too." It was true. Spike had quite an addiction and he still does.

Spike then sadly spoke to Airborne, "Sorry bud. No crystals."

"Awww," exclaimed Airborne. "Mommy, please?"

Ember demanded, "No means no, mister!" Airborne did not like that. Everyone in the room didn't like that. They were afraid of Ember's fury, but they all willfully listened regardless with compromise, not fear.

Later that day, Spike was flying out of the Dragon Lord's den, holding Airborne in his clutches, and towards the school. Making sure the 2 dragons could not see Spike after a certain distance, he flew away from the school.

Airborne quickly noticed and shouted to Spike, as it was too loud around the 2 for him to speak normally, "Where are we going?"

"Anywhere but there!" exclaimed Spike. Airborne then kept laughing on the way to the destination Spike intended. Spike however went to that school, the very same one Airborne goes to.

"Why aren't we going to school?" asked Airborne.

Spike answered with a bit of fear, "Because umm… I have a better place to take you. And we are also letting you eat some crystals."

Airborne questioned, "But mommy said I can't have crystals."

Spike then returned the reply, "And are you going to listen to her on every whim?"

Airborne laughed a bit. "Nope. I hate baths too."

"Okay, that one you do need. I can smell you. But hey, we can have a fun bath! It doesn't have to be that namby-pamby stuff your mom does for you. I'll teach you how to bathe like a real dragon!" Spike thoroughly explained the next part. "First of all, you just jump into a lake and rinse off any dirty parts. That's about it. You don't need soap, hot water, bubbles, those are what your mom babies you with. Now are you a baby?"

Airborne shouted, "No way! I'm no baby. I hate being a baby! I wanna be a grown up!"

Spike then shouted back, "That's more like it! Uncle Spike will teach you how to be a dragon his way."

Eventually, the 2 reached a lake. The lake was surrounded by many trees, taller than 2 story homes themselves. They were very green as it was currently summer. When Spike landed, he decided to set Airborne into the shallow end in case he could not swim. "Now like I said, Airborne. Bathe like a dragon. Rinse yourself, rub the dirtiest parts, and then shake and dry off."

Airborne did what Spike said… sort of. He didn't exactly do much but play in the water. But he did though wash off. Spike laughed a bit and joined in. Together, the 2 played. Airborne then accidentally splashed Spike hard with the water causing the purple dragon to be blasted back a bit stumbling into the water. The baby changeling-dragon felt bad for unintentionally and potentially causing hard to his uncle... until Spike came back up laughing.

"You're strong! Nice job, kiddo," Spike responded about the splash. Airborne was relieved. "Don't you worry about your uncle there; I'm stronger than I definitely am." Airborne then still felt bad, showing a sorrowful expressing. Spike acknowledge the sad face. "It's okay." He then walked to Airborne giving him a gentle pet on the head. "You're strong. I'm actually proud that you knocked me down. You are showing me how strong a changeling-dragon like yourself could be."

Airborne smiled a bit. It wasn't a very happy style, but he had to question it. "Am I... special?"

Spike wasn't very surprised by the question. "What do you mean by that?" He asked wanting a clearer question.

"I mean..." he timidly exclaimed. "Umm... It's just that... me being a changeling-dragon, what does that mean? Am I special?"

Spike then spoke, "Airborne, why do you ask this?"

Airborne sadly sighed. "My parents are 2 different species... the older dragon bullies say that I'm weird... I feel like I'm weird."

The uncle, due to experience, knew how to answer that question. He picked up Airborne and set him outside the water onto the banks. He climbed out too. Standing up, he shook off to dry as Airborne also shook himself off to dry. The uncle then decided to speak. "You are special. Much more special than I am. I was raised with ponies and yet I don't act like so many other fierce dragons. I'm just a dragon myself, but you. You're so much more. You have actual parents, you have both powers of changelings and dragons, you are... the sum of the greatest species I believe. I really think that you can be anything you want to be as a changeling. A good person, a best friend, a little brother..." he said rubbing his nephew's head gently. "You can transform over and over again into something you want or need to be. And I know that no matter what, you have so many opportunities." Airborne looked down at his claws. He then looked at his body, then wings, then back at Spike. He understood clearly what he was saying. "And I believe that some day, you will be the changeling everyone needs you to be. As for being a dragon, you can be the mightiest of people as a dragon. Dragons are fricking strong! And you're the strongest kid I know, regardless of what the dragon bullies say. You're a good person who remains happy, you help others, and you've never acted the way they did. That's mighty of you. Ponies, dragons, changelings, anyone needs a friend as loving as you." Spike then sat down on his tail pulled Airborne in for a loving hug. "If you ever need a talk to, just talk to your uncle Spike. What's on your mind now."

Airborne then nuzzled him around the neck a bit and asked him, "Do you love me?"

Spike rubbed Airborne's back, "Of course. I loved you since the moment I found out I was going to be your very own uncle. I never stopped loving you ever since. I love you with all my heart, little nephew." He picked him up. "And I will always love my nephew."

"I will always love you too," he said softly resting his eyes on Spike's right shoulder.

Spike then carried Airborne up into the air flying away. Heading towards the school, he held Airborne tightly. Airborne however decided to try and fly out of the hold. He then released his wings and flew alongside Spike.

Airborne spoke, "Race ya!" He then charged as fast as he could. Spike laughed and began racing as well.