• Published 26th Dec 2018
  • 1,921 Views, 39 Comments

The Elements of the Crystal Empire - star-girl



It's been 1000 years since Daybreaker and Nightmare Moon were banished, and now Sunset has been tasked to organize the Crystal Faire.

  • ...
6
 39
 1,921

Prologue: The King of the Crystal Empire

Equestria, the Crystal Empire, and the Honey Kingdom were at peace.

Queen Chrysalis and her genetically modified pegasi provided magic-restoring honey for those instances when a foal was born without enough, or an elderly pony lost a bit doing a complicated spell, and they were in celebration, for their queen had recently confirmed the betrothal with the beloved King Sombra of the Crystal Empire.

The Crystal Empire itself was doing very well, and becoming wealthy from their trades with other nations over their surplus of gems of all kinds; and it, too, was in celebration over the marriage alliance. It was obvious the King and Queen loved each other very much, and it was recently discovered that various farm animals had been infected with the unique magic of the crystal ponies, leading to the naming of the Crystal Ewe.

And as for Equestria, it had recently pulled itself out of the Age of Chaos in which Discord ruled, with the arrivals of the most powerful alicorns yet, even beating out King Sombra and Queen Chrysalis: the alicorns of the Sun and Moon, who now reigned over the land. It was still rebuilding and recovering, but if they had the supplies they would most certainly be celebrating too.

That was, until Princess Celestia and Princess Luna became more greedy. They went mad convincing themselves that all countries would to better under their rules. The other countries, fearing the wrath of the sisters, surrendered without a fight, but after a lot of pleading on the part of King Sombra, they rose up against the sisters.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely, and that could not be more true in this case. Nightmare Moon and Daybreaker put up a fierce fight, even cursing Queen Chrysalis so bad that she went into hiding.

The heartbroken Sombra, alicorn of shadows, harnessed the most powerful magic known to Equus: the Elements of Harmony.

He decided to add Equestria to the Crystal Emoire as it was left without a ruler, and established the Crystal Faire with the Crystal Heart so that no pony would ever bring that much devastation again.

Using these ancient artifacts, Sombra imprisoned the corrupted alicorns in the sun and moon, and harmony has reigned ever since, but a few prophecies say Nightmare Moon and Daybreaker are destined to return, and this time it will not be Sombra to wield the Elements, but someone else . . .

. . . and that is where our story begins.

Author's Note:

Author's Note:

Hello, and welcome to my first story on FIMFiction! I'll try to upload twice a week, but the count will vary. Thank you for reading! :pinkiehappy:

Bye!