• Published 17th Dec 2018
  • 1,205 Views, 15 Comments

Family Disclosure Protocol - TerribleSpeller



There is a saying popular among some of the old guard. "We died in the dark, so you may live in the light." At a certain level, for Foundation personnel this is true. However, we do not necessarily need to enter the dark without support...

  • ...
2
 15
 1,205

Chapter the One

"But when you get down to it, Deep Study was more than a damn good researcher, he was a friend, a father, and a stallion willing to face hell and high water, to save it all,"

Researcher Twilight Sparkle looked around the crowd at all the faces currently lost in thought. She stood in front of a pre-dug hole and the crowd stood in a semi-circle around it.

In the hole was a casket with the body of Deep Study inside, one of Site-184's many researchers. The casket was simple with hardly any features except for Deep Study's name engraved on it.

Twilight recognized most of the faces in the crowd. In front was Deep Study's Son, Grey Tools, and his grandson, Wishful Dreams. Several current and former Site Directors, including Site-184's Director, Edward Delo. She could also see other Foundation personnel who were of different species including Edward, there was Reseacher Alexander & Eric, Accountant Lividia, and other old acquaintances of Deep Study.

"We all are going to miss you Deep," Twilight finished, tears forming in her eyes, "And you can finally have that rest, you always deserved,"

And with that Deep Study's casket was covered in dirt, and Grey planted a sapling on top of it.

Deep Study, has finally been put to rest.

--SCP--

"That was a good speech there, yer highness," commented Grey, "You Really got my pap's personality all in one go,"

"Oh, you're too kind," Twilight replied, "I just said what I got from being a friend to him over all these years"

The People who attended the funeral gathered around in small clusters, every now and then a small chuckle will break the silence and disappear just as quick as it came.

"But still, I couldn't believe he died stopping a ZK," said Eric, while holding a cup of punch, "and he managed to survive everything what SCP-3999 could have thrown a him,"

"But we still do not what SCP-3999 is," piped Jason, "All the guards suffered major memory loss, and all the they found was Deep's body,"

"Still though," said Twilight, trying to change the subject, "He was a damn good researcher, working day and night hard at trying to figure out how these anomolies work, you must proud of you dad Grey,"

"Yes, yes i am," replied Grey, his ears drooping.

"Grey, you okay?" Asked Twilight,

"I am, it just..." Grey took a breath before continuing, "Stargale isn't,"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, Stargale doesn't know what my and her pap did, all she knew was he went out to work at dawn and came back at midnight, she always had the thought that pap was a workaholic who didn't care about us, pap tired several times to reach out to her, but apparently it was too late.
SCP-3999 got him,"

Grey's eyes were unfocused as if he was remebering a time long gone or imagining how different things would be if Stargale had known about what his dad did for a living.

"I...I wish she was here, she would have heard everything what pa did...so she could have known that Pa wasn't a workaholic...b-but a tru-" Twilight pulled Grey into hug,

"It's ok, Grey, it's ok. The past has already happened, there is no time to grieve over mistakes, but there is time to learn from them,"

Grey looked back up to Twilight, wiping away tears.

"Thanks...Tw-Yer Highness," said Grey.

"Your welcome Grey, next time, call me Twilight," replied Twilight.

---SCP---

...Mleocunese Forces have stormed Parliment several hours ago, stating that the current government was too incompt-

Twilight turned off the TV and laid back unto her sofa. The Foundation gives each of its many personnel personal chambers for a place to stay when they were either working on long term projects or decided just to live in the Site they were working or simply didn't have a permanent home. Twilight was the second case.

Her room had a flat screen TV in a corner with a sofa facing it, a decent sized bed and a desk where she worked on the reports. And of course, a bookshelf filled to the brim with books. Some of the books were memoirs from senior or former Foundation Personnel, some enclypodeias, history books, and several novels.

Twilight levitated a book titled 'How to Survive When Reality Doesn't" back to its original place on the shelf, and slumped back into her seat.

Ever since the funeral, her thoughts have been on how Grey was so distraught over Stargale not knowing of her father's true work. And she wondered wherter or not her friends were to have the same type of reaction if she were to either die from a deadly new anomolous pathogen, containment breach, or just get shot by some random GOI operative. Then after her death, the Foundation will probably, no, will delay news of her death to her family and friends, and probably fabricated evidence to say she was assainated by some psycho.

Twilight thought about how her beloved ones will feel, they'll all feel that it came out of nowhere, and they might also realize that the facts given to them by Foundation operatives don't match up, and sooner or later they might find out the truth and realize that she'be been lying to them throughout most of her life! AND THEY WILL PROBABLY DISGUSTED BY HER ACTIONS AND THEY WILL WANT TO TAKE OUT THE FOUNDATION AFTER THEY REALIZE WHAT TYPE OF THINGS THEY DO AND THEN-

"Hey keep it down will ya!?" Shouted somebody from the dorm next door.

"Sorry!" Responded Twilight, albeit a bit sheepishly

Twilight used the breathing method that Cadence thaught to clam herself down. So if she didn't tell them, they might think she's a liar and hunt the Foundation down for its crimes.

Not really the best outcome isn't it?

Twilight went over to her desk and pulled a drawer opened, she took a card with the name of the Site's residental Ethics Committee liaison out along with her keycard, and with that she left her dorm in search of one Dr. Campbell.

Author's Note:

I'll be honest you.
I already wrote this Author's Note but I forgot to save.

Anyways, this is my second story, and it's insipired by "Family Disclosure Protocol" Tale on the SCP wiki.
The plot is centered around Twilight (no shit) and revealing her second job (since her first is being badass friendship strike force commander princess) at the Foundation to her friends and family.

After reading this chapter, tell me how this chapter is, any criticism or advice is appreciated