• Published 2nd Jan 2012
  • 1,789 Views, 48 Comments

FOE: World In Pain - NeverKnown



fallout

  • ...
3
 48
 1,789

Chapter 2: Christened In Frost and Fire

Fallout Equestria: World In Pain

By NeverKnown

Chapter 2: Christened In Frost and Fire

~The first pony I killed with my own horn had been a raider.
Blackjack Fallout: PH


I awoke to a kick and a sharp pain in the ribs.
Gasping for air i jerked upright only to fall flat on my face to the sound of Hammer chuckling.

"Git da fuck up freak, dam Blade you really know how to find a great product"

Slowly my vision stopped swimming long enough to focus on a red buck talking to the blade pony. Confused and disoriented I decided to play it safe with these ponies. Moving myself up to a siting position I got the attention of the group

“Hmm. Sleeping beauty awakens, looks like we don't have to throw you to the ghouls after all.” Apparently this disappointed a few others i hadn't seen yet.

Blade walked up to me and just said. “You boy, are going to make me a lot of money. Start walking.” With that he gave me another kick causing me to jump onto my hoofs.

“Whats the matter can’t keep your legs steady? MOVE!!!” I started walking only to fall again.

“Hmm he’s a smart one, but you’d think he doesn't know whats going on, Hammer snorted.

“Shut the fuck up Hammer” Blade slapped him on the back of the head.

“Boy, This is how its going to go. You’re going to do what we tell you,When i tell you if you want to keep that head of yours on your shoulders GOT IT!!?” Gulping i nodded my head.

“Umm, sirs if you wouldn't mind, what is going on here?”

“Aww, would you look at that! The slave thinks he can talk to the master. Shut da fuck up,were on a time table!!” Blade nodded and one of the unnamed pony's pulled me down by something heavy strapped around my neck,and He forced a dusty rag which tasted of iron and salt into my mouth.

“There you go that should keep you quiet.”

Then, with a kick to the rump, he ordered me to follow him as he dragged me along with a chain connected to something heavy strapped around my neck. (Did i mention it was heavy?)

As we walked we approached what looked like a cage sitting on a wagon filled with emaciated ponies. After seeing this I started ( What Should i say backpedaled?) pulling back, trying to get away from the cage.

every pony could clearly see the look of terror on my face. I’m not sure what I was expecting, but this wasn't it. Blade looked back at me He looked more and more pissed every second that I wasn't moving.

“Hammer, as much as i would love just to kill this little prick I’ve never come across anything like him before. Just rough him up and throw him in the back with the rest of the meat.”

The way he kept mentioning me differently caused a thought to start forming in my head.“Whats going on here, don't all pony's look like me?” Then somewhere I remembered something. No wait, not a pony. A Zebra, that's it.

Glancing around, Hammer grabbed me by the chain, opened the cage and threw me in. Just as my face was about to make contact with the inside of the cage, I’m pretty sure i mumbled:

“Celestia damn it...”

oooOOOooo

Everything went black.

“Oh Celestia am I dead?!”

“No calm down, you’re not dead”

“...”

“Am I crazy then I'm hearing voices?”

“No you may have just suffered some minor brain trauma.”

“Aww, that doesn't sound as fun as being crazy”

“You do know you’re talking to your subconscious right?”

“Umm subwhatnow?”

“Ugh its worse then you thought, just wake up.

“We’ll sort this out next time”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Ugh“ “Muat? mmm Phripht phegot”

Opening my eyes I noticed I was being stared at by at least four ponies who were sharing the cage with me. A yellow earth pony had a mark of a... What was it? A splotch of slime?

She approached me when she noticed that I was staring at her cutie mark as i was still laying on my side.

“Howdy there stranger, that was a mighty hard hit to the head ya took there mate.

“Mpph ap phnow Pight”

She looked at me for a few minutes almost as if she were studying me. It started to feel uncomfortable chains and gag aside her eyes just seemed to look directly into my soul, then I thought again that it’d be crazy and then put away the thought.

“Ya know I’ve seen a few zebras when I was traveling around but I’ve never seen a red one with wings before. Looking back I yelped.
(In hind sight it might have been a muffled girlish scream but I wont say that... dang)

After dragging myself to the far corner of the cage we started moving.
(OK more like I'm surprised I didn't suffer more brain damage due to the potholes but still moving none the less)

After sobbing in the corner for a couple minutes and wallowing in what ever it is that ponies and zebras wallow in, my tears started to dry.
(OK it my have been hours. Really who expects to have wings when your entire species up to your knowledge has never had them?)

After a short and *Ahem* manly cry one of the more emaciated ponies, a cute, pink earth pony with a cutiemark of two roses pulled her way closer to me and put one of her legs over my shoulder as i fell into a fit-full sleep the mare pulled me closer. As I dreamt a long lost memory's came to mind...

oooOOOooo

I was sneaking across a narrow pink ledge, connected to what I would describe as a beauty shop,
peaking into each window i passed, most of the rooms were filled with dresses and clothes

(OK, maybe a dress shop?)

I wasn't sure exactly what I was doing as I slowly raised my right hoof to my chest waving it over the blue gem and disappearing.
The hoof suddenly became invisible. Surprisingly it felt almost second nature, like walking and breathing. My body continued moving along the ledge on its own accord looking into any window that wasn't covered with a drape. Suddenly I came across one window that had been left uncovered. Looking in I saw a beautiful older unicorn with purple hair talking to another pony. I couldn't make out what they were saying but for some reason I couldn't help but think she looked very attractive from my point of view, for being not a zebra and all.

“Ahh what a shame. To target such a beautiful mare fills my heart with shame.”

“Shame? Wait, Target? I didn't say that!”

That made me think. it might be there is another reason rather then me just being a peeping tom. Slowly and almost without emotion my hoof reached to my side pulling out a Jagged blade that sparked with electricity and death. Putting it in my mouth I slowly opened the window and slipped inside.
Slowly I started sneaking up behind the unicorn with my blade drawn and my intent launched into my head.

“Oh No... No! This isn't me! I don't kill ponies!!”

Struggling I found I couldn't control my body. I wanted to scream and kick but no sound came out of my mouth and my legs moved on there own accord.
Taking one more step I Suddenly felt weightless. My legs left the ground refusing to move. This left me floating behind her, as the unicorn turned around I noticed her horn was glowing a slight blue. I didn't know where I had landed but all I could feel was an intense pain coming from my back. I heard the unicorn speaking to somepony as two burly stallions covered in armor started dragging me.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I awoke I found the mare in the same position she had been when we had fallen asleep together. With one leg over my shoulder, comforting me. She had died in her sleep still hugging me. She took the brunt of the cold, in all fairness she probably saved my life. Even if it was unintentional.

I could only mumble out a few words through the rag witch translated to:

“My heart grieves for this one last act of random kindness, Celestia bless you”

Finally, after what felt like an hour. I moved the mare off me as her body started to grow cold.. It felt like we were headed up a cliff and the air started getting colder. There was definitely a gradient. I found myself drifting towards the back over time.
(I could mostly tell due to being able to see the steam coming from my nose)

Another of the Sickly ponies died due to the cold last night, a light blue unicorn buck with a cutiemark of a feather quill dipped in ink. Poor bastard. He died alone, cold and frightened the only difference between me and him was market value.

After losing another one of their slaves, the slavers finally stooped and threw in some rags so the rest of the "Merchandise" as they called us could survive the trip. They also opted to throw in their food scraps into the cage with us, they even took my gag off so I wouldn't starve.
(how considerate of them, I would have chose to have starved and frozen to death)

Once we were near the edge of a cliff, they threw open the cage and tossed the now frozen bodies of the blue buck and the pink mare off the edge. They flung them unceremoniously off the side their frozen rigid bodies banging off the cliff face.. As I heard the thump of them hitting the bottom, my stomach dropped, it had hit me.

(I had never even knew their names.)
(I didn't eat the food, I gave it to the others. My tears were freezing to my muzzle)

No pony spoke after that. No pony whimpered. No pony moved an inch. We all sat in silence, what else could we do? The only thing that wasn’t against us was time. It dragged on and on and on. Until the night came, we could find refuge in her or at least I thought so.

As night crept up, I drifted off to sleep in a freezing steel cage with only rags too keep me warm. I awoke to an odd tingling in one of my ears. flicking it after I had been leaning against the cage. The tingling never really left.

(Strange...)

A couple minutes later one of the slavers, a yellow earth pony with a noose for a mark, banged her crowbar against the cage starling me and the other survivors.

“Up and attoms meat! We’re almost to the gate, look lively!!”

Looking forward I got the first glimpse of my hell for the next year, and wow. Was it a hell hole.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quest perk.. Wait you don't have a Pip-Buck what are you going to do about that?

Quest completed: Survival
-You don't Remember much about you past but you have skills you cant remember learning, in dire situations random things can happen, but this is still the wasteland, death has almost no meaning.

Perk unlocked- Winged zebra... Wait how does this even happen?
-Outside and in combat your red and black strips point you out and with wings, may Celestia help you.
-You may get questioning looks from the random passerby.
------------------------------------------------------
special thanks to my proofreaders and others who have helped also sorry for the wait life's thrown me a curve ball and I’ve been out looking for a job.Freeflyingwolf http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Freeflyingwolf Has a story