• Published 12th Dec 2018
  • 940 Views, 2 Comments

The Legend of Friendship - Harmony - Danieru



Before the Elements of Harmony returned to Equestria, there was another story that took place in the little town of Ponyville. A story that, for some reason, was forgotten...

  • ...
3
 2
 940

17. Battle for Harmony - Part 2

The throne room of the Castle of the Two Sisters was still filled with silence. It was there where one pony attacked all of his "Friends" and left two of them in a state of shock. Star Twinkle could not believe that Ashgray hurt everypony and made them believe that he was one of them. The Unicorn had a completely different air about him right now. The Ashgray that he remembered, was friendly, easily impressed, even geeky at times, but right now all he could see was a pony with a bitter expression on his face, who was probably planning what to do with him and Summershine.

There were many questions that Star Twinkle wanted to ask right now but Ashgray was the one finally broke the silence between them. "There is one missing," he said to himself.

The Unicorn was referring to the Elements of Harmony, which he was levitating above his head right now. Star Twinkle and Summershine both were so surprised about all of this that they didn't notice that there were five gems levitating above his head and that one of the elements was laying right in front of their hooves. Without a second to waste, Star Twinkle sprinted forward and grabbed the element with his mouth and jumping back again, away from Ashgray who didn't bother to do anything to stop the stallion and just looked at him.

For now, one of the elements was safe. But safe from what? Or for what reason? Summershine managed to get himself up on his own hooves again and so did the rest of his friends, all of them gathering next to Star Twinkle and Summershine. They quickly figured that Ashgray attacked them as well.

"Are you alright?" Star Twinkle asked into the round after he put the last element out of his mouth, carrying it now in one of his hooves.

While some of his friends were still a little bit hurt, they tried to not show it. They were not out of danger anyway if Ashgray decided to attack again, which, surprisingly enough he didn't even though he had plenty of time so far.

"What even happened?" Happytrade asked with her head still spinning a little.

Nightsky looked over to Ashgray, keeping a close eye on him at all times. "He attacked us, one after another." If there was any hint that this all could be a huge misunderstanding, then it was gone now after Nightsky's confirmation.

Star Twinkle already heard enough There was only one thing left to ask and he was the one who tackled that question. "What's the meaning of this, Ashgray!?" He said after he saw how Ashgray struck down his friend with a beam of magic.

Ashgray replied boldly. "I had to make sure that they wouldn't come in my way," he said in a serious tone, which completely contrasted his way of speaking that everypony was used to.

Happytrade was pretty disappointed and angry at the stallion. She stomped her hooves. "You were after the elements all this time!?"

Lightbeam, instead of being angry at him like the rest, was starting to feel really sad. "I thought we were friends..." she said with a frown on her face.

Ashgray's face didn't change as he replied. "I did enjoy the time I had with you," he said, which was pretty hard to believe judging from how he looked at everypony. "...but getting the Elements of Harmony was more important than your friendship,"

Hearing that made Star Twinkle step back. He was holding the last element in his hoof and he was not ready to give it to the stallion any time soon. In the meantime, Summershine, Nightsky, Happytrade, and Crash all stepped forward, in front of the Earth Pony, making sure that Ashgray had to go past them in order to get the last one.

Summershine whispered something over to Nightsky. "I'm gonna go and attack him. Once he is distracted, you go and grab the elements. Even if you only manage to get one, try to get it as far away as possible. If we can get at least save one of them, he won't be able to win at all,"

Nightsky had to admit that this was a decent plan but he didn't really like leaving his friends alone with Ashgray. Still, loosing all of the elements was worse than losing most of them so he had no choice to agree to this plan. "On it,"

Of course, it was not unnoticed by Ashgray that the ponies in front of him were planning something. He quickly decided to ruin it. "I don't know what you are whispering to each other but don't think that you can get the elements back," Ashgray said before his horn started to glow in red light.

A bright light was building up from behind everypony, causing them to turn around. The light came from that magic sphere around Princess Celestia, who was starting to scream in pain inside of it.

"Princess Celestia!" Summershine screamed in a panic. At this time it was obvious that Ashgray was the one who trapped her inside this sphere but he also could freely torture her whenever he wanted. Summershine turned towards Ashgray again, his face filled with anger. "Stop it!" He yelled towards the stallion.

Surprisingly, Ashgray did stop. He just did this to show everypony that he was in control of the situation. Summershine couldn't stop glaring at the pony in anger after what he did with the princess. To think that he once called him a friend was making him boil from the inside.

"Give me the last element and I will release her," Ashgray offered short and quick.

But Nightsky was continuing to glare at the Unicorn. "And we are supposed to believe that?" He asked.

"Yeah!" Crash added. "You lied to us all this time after all!"

But Ashgray reminded the group about who is in control of the situation again. "If you value the safety of your precious princess, then you will give me the Elements of Harmony, now," his voice started to sound more threatening. It was like he was losing his patience by now.

Summershine kept looking back and forth at Ashgray and Princess Celestia. Giving him the last element would be a mistake for sure but he also couldn't let Princess Celestia suffer. Even if he would not care about her at all, this was the Ruler of all of Equestria. If something happened to her, things would get pretty dire as well. This was a lose-lose situation.

The Unicorn clenched his teeth in anger and looked over to Star Twinkle who was still holding the last element in his hooves. "Give it to him," he simply said with a broken tone in his voice.

Star Twinkle looked back at him in concern. Of course, he didn't want anything to happen to the princess as well so it was not hard for him to accept the decision that Summershine made. The rest of his friends seemed to agree with this choice as well and remained silent. Eventually, Star Twinkle slowly walked up to Ashgray to give him the element.

"Promise that you will let Princess Celestia go," Summershine asked of him once more while Star Twinkle was on his way to the Unicorn.

Ashgray didn't reply. He only had eyes for Star Twinkle who was now in front of him. They both locked eyes and Star Twinkle hesitated for a moment. Looking at this pony in front of him, who claimed to be his friend made him angry and even sad. But eventually, Star Twinkle lowered his head and placed the last element on the ground before he stepped back again.

The element slowly levitated above the ground and joined in the other five, making Ashgray smile victoriously. He then looked over to the princess and actually deactivated the spell, making her slow descent to the ground where she was quickly joined by everypony else. Princess Celestia was obviously not in the best condition right now but she still managed to open her eyes.

"Are you alright?" Lightbeam asked in concern, with tears starting to build in her eyes.

Princess Celestia nodded weakly and tried to get up but she couldn't. "The elements..." she then said. "We can't let him have them," she added as she reached her hooves out to

This much was obvious. Nopony present planned on letting Ashgray get away with them and now that Princess Celestia was free again, the group had no reason to charge at him. Summershine, especially, had his sight focused on the Unicorn already, readying his magic to go and attack him.

"Huh!?" Summershine then let out in surprise after he saw what happened in front of him right now. Ashgray was using his magic at the Elements of Harmony. They started to glow just like that time when the six friends used them against Arcana and his clones. Ashgray also seemed to deliberately do this.

The princess was more shocked than anypony else about this picture, she nearly forgot the pain that she was feeling seconds ago. "He can control the Elements of Harmony!?" She said in shock.

The rest of the group were shocked to hear this as well. They expected Ashgray to run away with the elements just like Arcana before but from the looks of it, Ashgray had other plans. The elements released a bright light that filled the whole room all while Ashgray grinned victoriously.

"But..." Summershine said in shock. "I thought only we and Princess Celestia were able to use them," he added in disbelieve. What was all this talk about, Honesty, Kindness, Generosity, Laughter, Loyalty, and Friendship if just Arcana could use them without showing any signs of those things, let alone that he could control all of them at once.

The gray Unicorn looked over to the eight ponies in front of him. "Now you...you are the only ones who can get in my way...so I have no choice to take care of you," he said before he placed the elements in front of him.

The group of ponies was moving close together, preparing themselves for whatever would happen next. Ashgray was aiming the most powerful magic in Equestria at them after all. There was no telling what would happen to them.

The Unicorn closed his eyes for a moment. He started to mumble some words to himself. "I'm getting one step closer...to return Equestria to the way it was supposed to be..."

Once he opened his eyes again, the light from the elements got even brighter. Then, multiple colors were circling around him, and shortly after, a rainbow was shot out from the elements that were heading right at the eight ponies.

Most of the ponies closed their eyes in fear, wishing that everything would be alright in the last second. Summershine's last thought, however, was just regret. He felt he let everypony down. Princess Celestia chose him to take care of the elements and now it was exactly those elements that would end him. All those lights and colors around him, he could only ignore them and closed his eyes as well, accepting his fate...


...


It was quiet again. Too quiet. Suspiciously quiet. Granted Summershine didn't know what would happen to him after getting hit by the Elements of Harmony. He decided to open his eyes again to see what happened now.

He looked to his right and his left and saw all of his friends without a scratch from the last attack. Some of them opened their eyes now as well and were pretty confused. But that didn't come close to the confused expression that Ashgray had on his face right now, who stood there with the elements still levitating in front of them.

"What!?" Ashgray released in shock. "What happened!? The elements...they didn't work!?" He said before he took a close at the elements again as if he wanted to check if they worked, which obviously was the case judging from the light show just now.

By now, everypony opened their eyes again after hearing Ashgray's frustrated words.

"We are still here?" Star Twinkle said in surprise.

"Thank goodness!" Crash said happily. "For a moment there I thought he was sending us to the moon or something," he added, clearly referring to what happened to Nightmare Moon after she got hit by the Elements of Harmony.

Ashgray still couldn't believe what happened. "I don't get it! Why didn't the elements work just now!?" He exclaimed angrily.

"They rejected you," was the answer that Princess Celestia shot back at the pony.

"What!?" Ashgray replied in disbelieve as he looked back at Princess Celestia.

The princess slowly walked a few steps forward, as best as she could in her current condition. "I don't know how you are able to control them like that but it looked like the Elements of Harmony don't appreciate the way you used them," she explained. Now she was the one who had a victorious smile on her face. "The ponies in front of you are the spirits chosen by the elements. You can't hope to use them against them,"

Summershine had no other explanation himself how everything went well at the end so what the princess said made sense to him. All he knew right now is that he and his friends were safe and the only thing that was left was to get the elements back from Ashgray.

The gray Unicorn didn't take too well to this situation. He was boiling in anger in fact. He thought he had everything planned out but of course, it fell apart in the last second. He became desperate and came up with only one more thing left to do.

"Fine! If I can't use them, then no one can!" He said angrily before his horn started to glow in red light. One moment later, he vanished. He used a teleport spell to get away along with the elements.

The group let out a gasp in shock. He would get away with the elements and from the sound of his last words, he was probably planning to destroy them. That is something that they couldn't let happen at all costs.

In a glimpse of his eye, Summershine could barely see a light flashing in one of the towers outside of the throne room. He knew what that meant and quickly acted.

In the meantime, Ashgray appeared inside another room, the elements of Harmony laying in front of him. The stallion was panting in frustration. "I got so close! I was rejected by the elements!? Can't those things see that I'll try to correct things!?" He said annoyed with his eyes locked on the six gems.

Suddenly, a light flashed from behind him, causing him to turn around. Summershine stood a few meters away from him. He teleported himself into the same tower and was ready to confront the gray Unicorn.

Ashgray was about to blow a fuse right now. All he wanted now as to destroy the elements but with Summershine in the same room, that task would become difficult. He had to deal with this nuisance.

Summershine was not intending to let Ashgray get away. He was lowering his head and stomped on the ground, as if he was ready to charge at the Unicorn at any time, magic starting to glow around his horn.

"You're kidding...you're kidding right?" Ashgray said, looking at Summershine who was ready to run at him. He couldn't believe how the Unicorn attempted to attack him straight on.

Ashgray accepted the challenge. There was no way that he would lose when it came to magical strength. Summershine didn't manage to break the magic sphere around Princess Celestia after all. Summershine charged right towards Ashgray with his horn glowing strongly with magic and Ashgray replied in the same manner, he charged at the pony with his horn glowing with magic.

The two were running as fast as they could, their horns would collide, or rather, their magic. The stronger would blow the other one away. But only moments before the impact, Summershine vanished out of Ashgray's sight, causing him to stop abruptly. He teleported away. Ashgray turned his head around and saw the Unicorn running towards the elements and he shot a magic beam at him, which Summershine couldn't prepare himself for.

Luckily, Ashgray missed and instead hit the ground, which caused a little explosion that knocked Summershine off from his hooves and into the air, with his face landing right in front of the Elements of Harmony. Once Summershine realizes that he was only a nose length away from the elements, he focused his magic to levitate them above the ground.

"Oh, no you don't!" Ashgray said angrily clenching his teeth in anger, blaming himself to fall for such a trick. But he was about to correct his mistake. He aimed his horn at Summershine, who was completely concentrating on getting the elements back. All Ashgray had to do was shot at him and it was over.

A magic blast was shot from Ashgray but unfortunately for him, Nightsky came out of nowhere and flew right past the pony's face before that, making him miss in the last moment. The Pegasus stallion smiled knowing that he interrupted Ashgray's attack. It also served to mock the Unicorn, which actually worked like a charm since now Ashgray was aiming at Nightsky.

But before the Unicorn could get one shot off in time, Crash jumped right on the stallion's back. "Yeehaw!" Crash shouted happily as he was riding the gray pony.

"Get off of me!" Ashgray shouted while he tried to kick the Earth Pony off.

But then Ashgray realized that he can use magic, so instead, he lifted the stallion off from his back and as soon as that happened, he got tackled by Happytrade and flew a few meters away, holding his head for a moment after this impact.

Everypony except Princess Celestia was now present in this room, they quickly surrounded the Unicorn. Summershine also successfully managed to get the elements back as well. Ashgray did back up at the corner after seeing how everypony was ready to go at him. It was now seven against one. Ashgray might be strong but if he decided to attack now, everypony else would jump at him, and there is no way that he could defend himself from all of them at once.

"It's over, Ashgray!" Summershine said.

"Yeah!" Lightbeam added. "You might be strong when it comes to magic but if we all work together then there is no one who we can't defeat!" She said confidentially as she raises her chest up in the air.

"That's right!" Nightsky agreed. No matter how strong your magic is!"

Ashgray did not make any rash movements and slowly backed up into a corner. He knew that the odds were not too much into his favor right now. Summershine realized that now as well and offered the Unicorn to not resist anymore. The Elements of Harmony did not work for him anyway so there was no point in continuing now.

First, the cornered Unicorn glared at them after accepting to be in a disadvantage against those ponies. It was as they said, Arcana was strong but if those friends worked together then they could even defeat the most dangerous and strongest enemies. They proved that by getting Ashgray into this situation.

But despite that, Ashgray was not giving up. He was far away from giving up. In fact, he didn't look as if he was concerned but rather annoyed by the situation. The group quickly got aware of that as well once the stallion smiled confidentially again.

"True...friendship can be very strong. It can be powerful enough to conquer the hearts of many and help you to archive impossible things..." he said as he stared at the eyes of everypony in front of him. Hearing those words from Ashgray was really weird for the seven ponies.

"Really?" Happytrade started, who was the first one to pick up on that. "You sure claim to know a lot about friendship after proving that you clearly don't know what it means," she said almost arrogantly after this Unicorn was just pretending to be their friends.

"Yeah! Friends don't pretend to be friends with others to trick them!" Crash added angrily and in disappointed at Ashgray.

The gray stallion chuckled in response. "You sure got it all figured out, huh?" He said now with an arrogant tone in his voice. "But I assure you all that soon you will find out that not everything can be solved with friendship." He lowered his head. "No matter how hard you try..." he said in a more sad and nostalgic tone, which caused the group to get a little confused. They had the feeling that he wasn't just playing them for fools just now and that he actually showed sincere feelings.

"But..." Ashgray then continued. "First you have to know who your friends really are. Friendship is not something that you should easily offer because you will end up getting hurt at the end," the stallion advised. "That is what got you in this situation after all," he further pointed out.

Star Twinkle felt attacked by those words. "How can you say something like that!?" He exclaimed angrily. "How can you talk so casually about all this!? Didn't the time we all spent together mean anything to you!?"

Ashgray had a surprising answer. "It...was fun..." he replied, which was greeted by looks of disbelieve on the seven ponies faces. "I felt...happy...something that I didn't feel for a long time now. It was nice," he shared, again sounding rather sincere about it.

This time, the seven ponies actually could feel sympathy towards Ashgray. Lightbeam almost wanted to walk up to the stallion if it wasn't for Nightsky who advised her to not get closer to him, claiming that this could all be a trick.

Summershine too wanted to have a talk with the stallion. He felt like he didn't know too much about him to blame him for all those things he did. Who knows what the reasoning for his action was. He was about to forgive him for everything, even hurting Princess Celestia, if the stallion would accept it.

But right before Summershine decided to take a step forward, he could practically feel a change in the air. The expression on Ashgray's face was serious, deadly serious, and determined. This battle was not over and probably just beginning.

Ashgray had his sight focused on the Elements of Harmony, levitating above Summershine's head. "No matter how much I enjoyed my time with you all," he said with a bitter tone in his voice. "I have a bigger goal to archive..."

Suddenly, strange energy was surrounding Ashgray. Magic. But that could not be possible. There was no magic surrounding Ashgray's horn, indicating that he was not using a spell. But at the same time, he did, much to everyponies confusion.

"...And I am not about to give up on that goal!" He then exclaimed before he clenched his teeth. The magic around him became stronger. His body started to glow for a moment, especially, his back. Then it happened. The magic vanished and formed something on the stallion's back that took a physical form.

Wings!

Wings started to appear on Ashgray's back, leaving the whole group in surprise.

"Did he just grow wings!?" Happytrade said in surprise.

"He turned into an Alicorn!" Summershine added with his mouth wide open.

For once, even Brilliance was shocked. But not because of the transformation itself but because of the surprise to see something like this happening in front of her. "Terra Unisus?" She said confused.

Summershine overheard those words and would have liked to know what they meant but right now was probably not the best time considering that Ashgray was ready to attack again.

Ashgray let out a scream in anger. His right front hoof began to burn, literally. It was covered in fire, much to the shock of everypony present. The Unicorn then whipped his hoof in front of him and a wave of fire came flying towards the group. Everypony either ducked under it or jumped or flew away.

"Fire!? Seriously!?" Happytrade exclaimed frustrated while she was ducking under this attack, her eyes covered by her hooves.

Summershine was next to her. He looked at Ashgray only to find out that he was not where he was standing before. It became really hot, heat started to build from above Summershine's head. When he looked up, he could see Ashgray above him who was literally holding fire inside his two front hooves above his head with an angry expression on his face that was just telling him that he was being serious right now.

The orange Unicorn knew what was about to happen next. He closed his eyes and concentrated his magic. He teleported himself, Happytrade, and the Elements of Harmony away. And it was good that he did because Ashgray jut threw a fireball right at them, which exploded as soon as it hit the ground, releasing another wave of fire on the ground as well that spread around in the room.

Summershine and Happytrade appeared next to the rest of their friends who all gathered in the middle of the room behind a pillar, far away from this Fire Unicorn turned Alicorn and hopefully out of his sight.

"Thank you!" Happytrade said with a faint voice after she was appearing again.

Star Twinkle, just like everypony else, was getting really frustrated about the situation right about now. "This guy is going crazy with all those spells he is throwing around now,"

"I don't think those are spells," Summershine said.

"What!?" Star Twinkle. "What else could they be?" He asked confused.

"Well, I don't know!" Summershine replied confused as well. "I'm just saying, his horn is not glowing while he is throwing around those flames," he pointed out.

Luckily, there was one pony in the group who could provide some insight. "It's Terra Unisus Magic," Brilliance said, grabbing Summershine's attention. "That transformation into an Alicorn is called Terra Unisus Transformation. He is able to use this fire because he is in that form," she informed.

Summershine could only lower his eyebrows. "I never heard about that before," he said, given that he knew a great deal about magic himself.

Brilliance continued. "It's a form of magic that was used by a few ponies over one thousand years ago. It was said that certain ponies could control the elements at their will and use them as some kind of magic. At least that's what I read in a book," she casually added at the end.

While Summershine was interested to know more, the rest of the group could not care less if this was magic or not, what they do know, however, was that Ashgray was now a lot more dangerous. And that exact same pony just now spotted the group behind the pillar and approached them, something that Summershine was all aware of.

Seeing how his friends were right next to him, he had no choice but to get Ashgray's attention to get them out of harm's way. The stallion sprinted away from the pillar, causing Ashgray to focus on him. Summershine did not have the elements with him but he was by far the one who was the most annoying to deal with so it was clear that he had to deal with him first.

The orange stallion focused his magic and was ready to shoot at Ashgray. "No, Summershine!" Brilliance shouted at the stallion. Summershine did hear his friend but he did shoot anyway, it was too late for him to react to it.

Ashgray stood still and pointed his hoof forward. What followed was a beam of fire that was supposed to counter the attack. But it was far more than a counter. As soon as the two beams met each other, Summershine's beam was completely overpowered as if it wasn't there. It was like a heated up knife slicing through butter, there was not even a struggle.

Realizing what had happened to his attack, Summershine jumped away, barely dodging the attack. "My magic didn't come through!?" He said in shock.

Meanwhile, Brilliance was explaining what she was about to say earlier. "Terra Unisus Magic is stronger than regular magic! You can't beat him with that!" She shouted at her friend.

That is something that the stallion wished to know before, also, he wished that Brilliance would have remained quiet because Ashgray spotted them and made contact with the Elements of Harmony again.

The gray Unicorn covered his whole body on fire and flew towards the group, ready to attack them. Happytrade could only scream at the sight of that. But despite that screaming in his ear, Star Twinkle was planning something. He knew what Ashgray was after and they needed to come up with something to stop his plan.

"Here!" He said while he threw one of the elements to each of his friends. "He wants to destroy them! We need to get them away from him!" He explained.

Having all of the elements scattered like this would make it harder for Ashgray to get a hold of them and his friends knew that so they decided to go along with this plan and ran all into different directions.

Ashgray did realize what they were doing and decided to go after each of them one after another. And the one who was the unlucky first one was Star Twinkle. "Of course!" He said frustrated while he ran as fast away from the stallion as possible. Ashgray managed to catch up with him and was only a few steps He decided to put some more energy in his flying and tackled into the stallion from behind. But Star Twinkle managed to save the element by throwing it away in the last second, something that Ashgray wasn't aware of in the literal heat of the chase.

Luckily, Summershine was not too far away and caught the element. Still, he was more worried about his friend who was just attacked. The rest of his friends joined his side, shocked by this attack but unfortunately, they couldn't do anything. Star Twinkle was coughing in pain after this tackle and Ashgray was standing in front of him, looking for the element that he carried just moments ago, still not realizing that the Earth Pony got rid of it in the last second.

Summershine was getting frustrated. Brilliance told him that normal magic doesn't work so what could? As he was asking himself that question, he took a look at the Elements of Harmony. This caused him to come up with the last option at their disposal.

"You are our last chance!" He said as he levitated one of the elements in front of his face with closed eyes. "Please help us!" He said, practically praying to the elements now.

His friends realized what he was trying to do now and did the same. They believed in the Elements of Harmony to save them now. To save Equestria and their friends.

Ashgray was losing his patience and was about to let it out at Star Twinkle, who was too hurt to even get up now. The Unicorn prepared another attack but he interrupted it as soon as he could sense something behind him.

A bright light emerged from the six ponies behind him. It was like with Arcana back then, only more concentrated and powerful. The six ponies levitated above the air. They managed to activate the Elements of Harmony, and Ashgray knew all too well what was coming at him now and panicked.

Summershine, Happytrade, Crash, Brilliance, Lightbeam, and Nightsky all had their sight on Ashgray and the light around them was beginning to get even brighter. Summershine was about to give a signal for them to attack but he stopped abruptly. He clenched his teeth after seeing what Ashgray resorted to.

The gray stallion levitated Star Twinkle right in front of him. "You better stop now before you accidentally hurt your friend!" He shouted at the six ponies.

The group didn't know what to do. The elements managed to stop working once Ashgray tried to use them against them but that was because they were chosen by them to begin with. What would happen if Star Twinkle was attacked was not clear, and the ponies definitely didn't want to take a chance? In the worst-case scenario, they could end up hurting Star Twinkle.

Ashgray could feel a chance for victory coming towards him again and smiled. He could use Star Twinkle to get the elements back again if he played his cards right. Everything was still open to him.

Blast!

A magic beam was hitting Ashgray directly at the chest. He managed to not fall back but he was getting hurt, and closed one of his eyes due to the pain. When the Unicorn looked over to the right side of the room and saw who was hitting him just now. It was none other than Princess Celestia, who still struggled to keep herself on her hooves. "Celestia!" He shouted in his anger. Seeing the princess made Ashgray furious and he lost his composure even more. But in this moment of pain and anger, he did not notice how the magic to lift Star Twinkle up in front of him got canceled.

"Now!" Summershine screamed, giving his friends a signal to fire the Elements of Harmony at Ashgray at this very moment.

Before Ashgray realized what exactly happened, it was already too late. A rainbow Colored light came from the six ponies and headed towards him.

Out of a reflex, Ashgray pulled up a barrier in front of him and Star Twinkle in a poor attempt to protect himself from this blast that was heading straight for him. But as expected, it did little to protect him. It only managed to defend him from the elements for a few seconds before it eventually collapsed and head right at him, sending him flying against the wall and only leaving Star Twinkle, who was still ducking under the beam, in hope to not get hit by it too.

The attack lasted for a few more moments and Ashgray could be seen falling to the ground, he actually managed to land on his hooves, despite what happened now. He looked over to all the ponies in front of him, his eyes filled with anger.

And then...his body started to turn into stone, starting from his hooves and ending at his head. In the very last moment, his sight was still focused on the Elements of Harmony. In the end, what was left was a stone statue at the end of the room, motionless and quiet.

Star Twinkle could be seen laying on the ground. He dropped his head in relief after making it out of this in one piece. He was soon joined by his friends who helped him to get up again. Everypony in the room panted heavily and was relieved that everything was over. Even Princess Celestia no longer had a tense expression on her face. She was shortly accompanied by Summershine who helped her up on her hooves again.

"Princess Celestia..." the stallion said in a serious tone. "I have some questions once we get out of here,"

Princess Celestia was agreeing to answer those questions but first, she needed to leave this castle. Considering that she once used to live there it was kinda funny that she was thinking that right now.

Author's Note:

Well, that was a rather action-packed chapter, wasn't it?
I had fun writing this chapter and I really hope you had fun reading it.
Again, we are getting close to the end of this story and then The Legend of Friendship will continue with Season 5. I hope you look forward to all of this ^^.

Name of the next chapter: Friendship

Please let me know what you thought about this chapter or the overall story. I would really like to hear your thoughts about some things. With all that said, please consider leaving a review or some other kind of feedback and make sure to follow me or this story to always be up to date with everything that I upload.

See you all in the next chapter.
Bye Bye ^^.

Reading Order:

My Little Pony - The Legend of Friendship Season 1 + 2(Chapter 1 - 53)

My Little Pony - The Legend of Friendship - Diary of The Storm Wings

My Little Pony - The Legend of Friendship Season 3(Chapter 54 - 65)

Equestria Girls - The Legend of Friendship

My Little Pony - The Legend of Friendship - Outcasts

My Little Pony - The Legend of Friendship Season 4(Chapter 66 - 91)

Rainbow Rocks - The Legend of Friendship

The Legend of Friendship - Harmony