• Published 12th Dec 2018
  • 940 Views, 2 Comments

The Legend of Friendship - Harmony - Danieru



Before the Elements of Harmony returned to Equestria, there was another story that took place in the little town of Ponyville. A story that, for some reason, was forgotten...

  • ...
3
 2
 940

14. Honesty

It was one of those days where a bunch of good friends came together to spend time with each other. Happytrade invited her friends Summershine, Crash, Nightsky, Lightbeam, Star Twinkle, and Ashgray into one of the fancier restaurants in Ponyville in order to celebrate something.

"Everypony eat up! I'll invite you all!" Happytrade announced while she raised a cup with cider into the air.

Her friends cheered happily in response, and for good reason. The table was filled with all kinds of sweets, that begged to get eaten, which of course, their friends did. They got invited after all.

Lightbeam, as usual, was the one who shared her thoughts about all of this first. "Mhhhh! Delicious!" She simply said after she took a bite off from a filled donut.

Summershine couldn't agree with this more. "It really is nice to invite us all to this,"

Still, Nightsky could only wonder what exactly the occasion was for this invitation. "You rarely invite us all, especially in a costly restaurant like this,"

"Yes, what is the occasion?" Star Twinkle asked.

"Does it matter? The food is amazing!" Crash said before he dug his face right into a cake in front of him, covering his whole face in cream.

Happytrade wasted no time explaining herself. "Basically, I got really lucky!" She said with a grin on her face. "You won't believe it! I got a chance to work together with the Apple Family," she announced proudly.

Some of her friends were not really sure why that was so good that Happytrade needed to invite them. It was eventually Ashgray who asked. "What's so good about that?" The stallion asked confused.

Happytrade eyes popped open in surprise. Of course, Ashgray being in Ponyville for not that long couldn't understand how important that was for Happytrade but she still felt a little shocked. It was probably good that none of her other friends asked this question because she expected them to know. "The Apple Family are the most well-known and most beloved ponies in Ponyville. They live here for generations and made quite a name for themselves. Not to mention that their apple products are top-notch!"

It then clicked for Ashgray. "Oh! I see! So if you work for them, your reputation as a merchant can get a little boost,"

Happytrade grinned smugly. "Eeyup!" She replied. "I tried to work with the Apple Family for a long time now so I will not miss my chance to make a name for myself! Their apple products are really popular and if I sell them, I will get popular as a merchant as well!" She explained, laughing happily just by the thought of that.

But not everypony was looking at this with the same eyes, like Star Twinkle. "Sounds to me like as if you are trying to use them for your own good," he bluntly said.

The mare, however, was not bothered by those words. "That just shows me that you know nothing about trading," she said while she shook her head. "Listen, the Apple Family wants me to sell their products because they don't have the time themselves, so I just help them out with that while also making a little bit of profit and exposure for myself, everypony wins, nopony looses,"

The group of friends was not as good when it came to stuff like that of course so they just believed in the mare's words even if some of them had second thoughts. But Happytrade assured everypony that this will be a huge step for her.

"Aaand, it gets even better!" The mare continued. "I am supposed to sell their stuff in Canterlot!"

Summershine was a little confused. "In Canterlot?" He asked before he got an immediate answer from the mare.

"I know, right? Home of the noblest and richest ponies in all of Equestria, who have more money than they can ever spend!"

Lightbeam suddenly, understood why Happytrade was so excited about all this. "That sounds like as if you're about to make a lot of money,"

"Bingo!" Happytrade replied with a smile on her face.

Hearing that, actually caused the opposite reaction on Star Twinkle. "I don't know, Happytrade," he said with concern in his voice. "Some ponies in Canterlot tend to be rather...difficult..." he explained, trying to choose his words carefully.

That was something that Happytrade was well aware though. "I know, I know," she said unimpressed. "It'll be fine, you think a merchant like me can not deal with some ponies like those?" She boasted confidently.

Still, Star Twinkle had some doubts about that. He was born in Canterlot and spent a few years in his childhood there to know quite some things about the ponies in Canterlot. Happytrade, however, was showing so much enthusiasm and confidence that he withheld his thoughts. He just hoped that everything would end the way the mare expected.


On the next day...


Happytrade made a quick detour to Sweet Apple Acres to gather the products that she was about to sell in Canterlot later. Sweet Apple Acres was a huge orchard and the home of the Apple Family, which consisted of Granny Smith, the owner of the orchard, and her grandchildren, Big McIntosh, Applejack, and Apple Bloom. They were all Earth Ponies and with the exception of Apple Bloom, who was still too young, every one of them had a Cutie Mark and a special talent that had something to do with apples, which of course, made sense, given the name of the family.

The Apple Family was familiar with Happy and her line of work and was even respected by them. She was doing some businesses with them in the past and they all went pretty well so there was already a good relationship between all of them. Granny Smith was usually not somepony who would trust someone when it comes to her business but Happytrade proved herself to be responsible and experienced to earn her trust. Knowing that, was really nice for Happytrade. She knew that she was being trusted and she aimed to not let her down.

The Apple Family was almost done putting on their wares on Happytrade's cart. The bulk of the work was done by, fittingly, a bulk of a stallion called Big McIntosh. He had a red coat, an orange mane, green eyes, and a green apple sliced in half as a Cutie Mark. Happytrade didn't know much about him, except that he was Applejack's and Apple Bloom's bigger brother. That may be because Big McIntosh wasn't too much of a talker himself. Still, he seemed nice and definitely was a hardworking pony.

Happytrade checked most of the wares that were loaded into her cart and as expected it was a lot of stuff made out of apples...or maybe all of it was. One thing stood out inside of that cart, though. There was a little filly inside the cart, checking on some of the wares. It was Apple Bloom, Applejack's, and Big McIntosh's little sister. She had a yellow coat, a red mane with a crimson-colored bow in it, and orange eyes. She had no Cutie Mark on her flank.

"All set up and ready! When can we go?" The little filly asked towards Happytrade with excited puppy eyes.

"We?" Happytrade replied confused.

Shortly after, her big sister, Applejack appeared and pulled her out of the cart. "Apple Bloom, I told you that you can't go with her," the mare scolded. Applejack was the one pony who Happytrade spend the most time with out of all from the Apple Family. The mare had an orange coat, a blonde mane, green eyes, and three red apples as a Cutie Mark. She also wore, as usual, her light brown stetson on her head.

Apple Bloom seemed upset to hear those words. "Aw, but what if it gets me my special talent? Who knows, maybe being a merchant is my true destiny!" She explained, looking over to Happytrade as if she expected her to back her up in this statement.

Applejack just shook her head. "You are saying that every single time about almost everything," she said. The mare clearly was accustomed to this behavior from her little sister. "The only thing you haven't tried so far was being patient,"

"But I'll never get my Cutie Mark if I just sit around!" Apple Bloom replied with a frown on her face.

"But you think you'll get it by bothering Happytrade on her trip to Canterlot?" Applejack added, in a scolding tone once more.

While Happytrade agreed with Applejack when it came to bringing Apple Bloom along, she didn't feel like it was up to her to talk the filly out of it. Applejack eventually managed to convince her sister to stay so Happytrade wasn't needed for that matter.

Soon, Big McIntosh appeared with the last load of food and put it inside the cart. Applejack looked over the cart and figured that it was full. "Everything set?" She asked her brother, just for confirmation.

Big McIntosh gave a quick answer. "Eeyup,"

Applejack threw back a nod and then turned towards Happytrade. "Alrighty then, Happytrade, it's all yours now,"

Happytrade smiled back at the mare. "Leave it to me! I'll guarantee you that I get every little thing sold and make sure that, by the end of the day, every pony in Canterlot will know the name of the Apple Family," she said while she saluted determined.

"Well, well, I wouldn't go that far," Applejack replied, feeling a little embarrassed but also flattered. "Even if you don't sell too much, it will be fine," she assured.

But that wasn't sitting right with Happytrade. "Nope! I promise you that I will come back with every little bit sold! You are talking to the best merchant in all of Ponyville after all,"

Right about now, Applejack was almost infected by the determination that Happytrade showed towards her. "Alright, if you say so. We will expect you later today,"

"Right!" Happytrade replied before she stood in front of her cart, ready to pull it. "See ya!" She said, waving goodbye to the Apple Family and leaving to get the next train to Canterlot.


Later, in Canterlot...


Canterlot...

Around every corner of the capital of Equestria, you could see a shop that sold things of the highest value, at least when it came to popularity. There was not a single merchant stand anywhere in town and Happytrade knew that because she checked. After having wasted some time looking for a good spot though, Happytrade settled on one spot and set up her merchant stand, placing all the stuff from the Apple Family on it.

"Okay! All set up and ready for Business!" Happytrade announced with a smile on her face before she placed herself behind her cart. There were quite a lot of ponies walking past her, some of them throwing interested looks at her wares. Happytrade, of course, was no amateur. She knew that nopony would come and buy something right away. Everypony that would walk past her, would hopefully spread the word around that she was standing at this spot and with tons of rich ponies in this town, it should be easy to draw in potential customers.

Happytrade spent most of her time waiting by daydreaming about her success in this town. Too many customers that she could possibly serve, too much money that she could carry, her name spreading around in Canterlot...

There could be a chance that she was imagining things to go this well, while also being well aware that it was a little bit unrealistic.

That was until one stallion actually walked up to her. The mare easily identified the look on this stallion as one of interest, one she knew all too well, one she liked to see one each of her customers.

"My dear, excuse me and my silly question but could it be that you are selling those sweets?" He asked, showing more and more interest in Happytrade's products.

A full smile formed on the mare's face. She did not expect somepony to show interest in her wares this quickly. It was almost unprofessional how she reacted now, but she managed to calm down in time again. The stallion in front of her was exactly what she would expect to live in Canterlot, fancy suit and all, which in her eyes meant, somepony with a lot of money.

"Yes, I do!" Happytrade replied happily.

The stallion looked over the sweet wares and barely could keep his spit escaping. "I must admit, that pie over there looks quite delicious! I'll take one!"

Again, Happytrade had a big smile on her face. "Coming right up!" She said before she placed one pie right in front of the stallion who already dug his face right into it. Considering the fancy clothes that he was wearing one would assume that he would try to not get them dirty. He must have gotten too excited by the smell of it. "I'm glad you like it!" She said. "Only the best products from the Apple Family of Ponyville! Now let's talk about the price," the mare started trying to get to the businesses part of all of this.

The mare was surprised though to see remains of the pie flying right back into her face, spat out from the stallion in front of her.

"Ponyville!?" The stallion said in shock. "You mean that backwater place where all the common ponies live in!?"

"Backwater place?" Happytrade replied, feeling a little offended to hear her home called something like that but she tried to stay realistic. "You seemed to enjoy that pie so what does it matter where it came from?"

But the stallion didn't listen and cleaned his mouth with his hooves. "My tongue has touched common food! Ew!" The stallion said in disgust before he glared over to Happytrade, who couldn't be any more shocked by this kind of reaction. "I want my money back!" The stallion demanded angrily.

"You haven't even paid yet!" Happytrade replied angrily, getting fed up with this the behavior of this pony.

The stallion then arrogantly turned his head around. "Good! I'm not paying one bit for this junk!" He said, raising his head up high in the air as he walked away from Happytrade's merchant stand.

The mare was boiling with anger as she watched the stallion walk away. "Urgh! What was his problem!? He said he liked the smell of the pie and he couldn't wait to eat it but as soon as I mention that it is from Ponyville, he gets disgusted!?" She released in anger.

This little scene was not unnoticed by some ponies nearby, which in return affected how Happytrade was looked at by others, causing her to calm down again, she didn't want to leave a bad impression in Canterlot after all. She also had to think about the reputation of the Apple Family. All she could do was to forget this little incident and move on, it was a little slip up that shouldn't affect her in the long run.


Later...


It's been a long time since, Happytrade had her last costumer in Canterlot, in fact, that one annoying stallion from before, was the only one she had so far. Normally, she wouldn't get bothered by something like that but she expected there to be more traffic when it came to money wandering into her pockets. She also started to get a little bit bored. Eventually, she packed in her stuff and decided to go somewhere else. It must have been bad luck that kept her from selling anything.

She pulled her cart behind her and looked around town, not to find a new spot but to find something to drink. The Apple Family didn't give her any drinks to sell, that she would have bought herself to get some refreshment so she had no choice but to look for something in Canterlot. It didn't take too long until she came across a restaurant. She placed her cart outside and bought something to drink from inside. It was heavily overpriced but the mare had no choice, she didn't care too much about it and just dealt with it, she just wanted something to drink now and move on.

When she walked outside again, taking a little sip from her bottle, she saw some ponies standing next to her cart, inspecting her wares.

"It sure looks tasty," a mare said as she inspected the food inside of the cart.

"Yeah but I heard it all comes from Ponyville, you know, the place where all the ponies play in dirt and such, I wouldn't recommend eating any of that," another stallion said.

It was almost the same situation as with this one snobby pony from before. Unlike him, the other ponies around him were highly interested in the sweets inside of Happytrade's cart but the stallion wanted to make sure nopony even looked at that stuff.

Needless to say, Happytrade didn't like how one pony was talking bad about her wares and even went so far to talk others out of buying anything. But that was only of minor concern compared to what he kept saying about Ponyville. "Hey! What did you just say!?" Happytrade said angrily as she stomped towards the ponies in front of her cart. "Stop spreading stuff like that about Ponyville!" She warned.

The group of ponies looked over to her in surprise. Happytrade expected everypony to take a look at her wares instead of listening to that one stallion. If they tried her stuff than they would surely come to a different conclusion and regret even listening to that pony.

But that is not what happened...

"So that food is from Ponyville?" One mare asked in surprise.

"Um...yeah?" Happytrade replied confused.

Soon, all of the ponies in front of the cart turned their heads around and walked away as if just looking at this food was beneath them.

Happytrade stomped on the ground in anger. "What is their problem!?" She said angered and frustrated. "They all treat that food as if it was poisoned!"

Bitterly and angered, the mare stomped away from the restaurant to find another spot to sell her wares. She tried to ignore all of this as best as she could and continued what she came here to do, even if it would be a pain in the neck.


Later...


"Come and buy! Only the freshest and best Apple products! Grab them before they are gone!" Happytrade screamed across the streets of Canterlot. But nopony even looked at the mare, no matter how desperate she was shouting. The more she was ignored, the more she tried to get everyponies attention. She would refuse to give up just like that. She walked up directly into someone's face, with a smug smile on her face, waving her products right in front of their faces. "You sure you don't want to try one of those things?" She offered. This approach, however, proved to be a little too direct and didn't work all too well, no matter how many times she tried.

Eventually, she returned to her merchant stand with her head laid down on it in frustration. She could not believe how unsuccessful she was up until now. All those fancy ponies in Canterlot had so much money, it wouldn't hurt them to spend it for some food. At some point, Happytrade actually believed that ponies in Canterlot are not eating at all, but that couldn't be possible.

It was frustrating and confusing how nopony was even betting an eye on her stuff. It was just impossible that every single pony in Canterlot was simply not interested in her food just because of it being from Ponyville.

Strange theories started to form into her head. "Is it possible that this one pony from earlier told everypony to stay away from me? That can't be right, can it?" She wondered with a frown on her face. "No what am I talking about!?" She then said before her face showed determination again.

Again, the mare packed her stuff and looked for another spot to set up her stand. She decided to go away a little bit further from her first two spots. Maybe she was actually just standing in the wrong spots all this time. She never tried to sell something in Canterlot, she wasn't experienced in this town, it just made perfect sense.

As she was walking past a group of ponies, all of them fancily dressed, of course, one mare stopped and gasped in shock. "How dare common ponies like her walk on the same streets than us! Look at that contraption that she is pulling behind her! And all this junk food in her cart! Disgusting!" She said loudly so that everypony around her would clearly hear her.

Happytrade, of course, heard every single word and stopped in her tracks. "What!?" She said annoyed as she turned her head around and spotted the mare that was talking about her behind her back. "What did you just say?" She said with a hint of anger in her voice.

The mare replied casually. "I just shared my opinion with everypony! I don't want anypony to get accidentally involved with ponies like you!" She explained.

Happytrade was about to lose it right about now. "You think just because you live here in Canterlot that you are better than everypony else!?" She screamed angrily at her.

The mare rose her nose high up into the air and replied. "Obviously," which was accompanied by the laughter from her company, who all seemed to agree with her.

Smack!

A fresh apple pie flew right into the face of the mare, who stumbled back in surprise by the impact. Happytrade left her cart and had a few more pies equipped with her as she ran towards the group of ponies who now ran away from the crazy mare who threw one pie after another at them.

Once they were gone, Happytrade was breathing heavily in exhaustion and after letting out some steam. She needed to do that to calm down, this town was starting to drive her crazy after all. She was about to return to her cart to continue on her way but in the corner of her eye, she saw a familiar pony. Somepony she didn't want to see at all now.

"Look at this primitive specimen," the stallion said arrogantly. "I told you to stay away from the folks from Ponyville," he said towards his followers, who all nodded in agreement.

It was the same pony from before that tried to buy the pie from Happytrade and talked bad about her wares.

The mare looked over to the stallion with an angry glare on her face that sent shivers down on his face and quickly replaced his smile with a nervous look. Happytrade kept her eyes locked on the stallion and didn't move one bit. It was as if he was the only thing that existed in her world.

There were no words spoken, the stallion was actually too nervous to open his mouth and Happytrade kept staring at the poor pony.

"Aaaaah!" Happytrade then suddenly screamed angrily while she charged right at the pony and his company, causing the stallion and everypony else to run away in fear of that crazy mare who needed to let out some anger at anyone in reach.

Happytrade didn't manage to catch the stallion though...


Later...


It was beginning to get dark on the streets of Canterlot and nothing had changed when it came to selling anything. The day that she imagined to be a historical one of her career turned out to be the worst day in her whole life. Not only was she getting annoyed by almost every single pony in this town but she also lost money because she had to compensate for the pies that she threw.

The mare parked her cart in a corner of a rather empty street. Considering the time, not many ponies were walking past her now, not that she would care about that anyway at this point. "It's about time for me to go..." Happytrade said frustrated after checking the time one more time and realizing that she had to go back to Ponyville and report her sales to the Apple Family, or rather she failed attempt to sell anything in this town. "I guess that is it for me and a future business relationship with the Apple Family..." she said before she took some of her apple fries to eat a few of them, paying for them from her own pockets, later on.

A few moments later, somepony walked towards the mare. "I'll take one pie please," a female voice demanded in a friendly tone.

Happytrade was so busy eating her apple fritters that she didn't even bother too much with her customer. Maybe she was also expecting the mare to leave again as soon as she would explain from were her wares came from. "This is food from Ponyville, are you sure?" She said in an almost cold tone. She definitely was not in the mood to sell anything anymore for today.

"Is that a problem?" The female voice replied to her confused.

"Apparently, it is for all of you snobby and-" Happytrade replied before she stopped in shock after realizing that the pony in front of her was none other than the Ruler of Equestria herself. "P-p-p-p-p-princess Celestia!?" Happytrade said before she fell down to the ground in shock, hoping that she didn't hear her almost insulting her.

But Princess Celestia was smiling at the mare's reaction. "You are one of Summershine's friends, aren't you? You look a lot less happy than I remember," she asked, referring to how frustrated Happytrade was acting at this moment.

"I-I'm sorry!" She apologized before she was about to explain that it was the fault of this town, something that she probably shouldn't say to the ruler of Equestria, who happens to live in this town for a long time now.

Realizing how uncomfortable Happytrade became, Princess Celestia came to her own conclusion. "It looks like the ponies in Canterlot were too much for you as well," she said almost amused.

"As well?" Happytrade asked confused.

Princess Celestia nodded with a smile on her face. "Summershine, when he was going to my school for gifted Unicorns, was always complaining how some of the ponies in Canterlot were always thinking as if they were better than him. He also told me that another friend of mine grew up here and wasn't particularly happy as well," she explained almost happily.

Happytrade had no idea how to react to that. Princess Celestia basically told her that her hometown is a pretty bad place to live in, or at least difficult to live in. The mare didn't know if she should agree to all of this, even though she really wanted to.

"I guess I hit the nail on the head?" The princess asked, again smiling widely.

"...yeah..." Happytrade finally admitted. She also decided to ask a question that she was afraid to ask. "How do you manage to live with so many snobby ponies in this place? I think I would go crazy if I stayed here any longer!"

Surprisingly, Princess Celestia smiled again. "I do have to admit, some ponies that live in this town tend to think a little bit too high of themselves. You'll get used to it," she said casually.

But Happytrade didn't want to get used to it. "Well, I didn't plan to spend more time here anyway. I just can't believe that ponies looked down to me just because my wares are from Ponyville..."

"Oh?" Princess Celestia replied. "So you think your wares would have been more appreciated if you didn't tell them that?" She asked curiously.

For a moment, Happytrade had to think. She tried to come up with an answer but she figured out that she already knew what to say.

"Things can be a lot harder if you tell the truth...but I rather want to live a harder life then being dishonest with my friends,"

The princess got a little confused by this reply and where it came from. Happytrade sounded really serious while saying that sentence. The mare explained. "That is basically what I try to live by. Now I know that none of the ponies that I encountered today are my friends but...if I start being dishonest from the very beginning, then there is no point of being honest once it develops into a friendship. I don't want to build a friendship based off from a lie...and if that means that I have to deal with the consequences of my honesty then it just is like that,"

Princess Celestia was actually happy to hear those words. There was something nice about them. "That's a really good rule to live by," she said in a caring voice.

The sound of a bell was ringing from afar, which managed to get Happytrade back into reality. "Oh, no! I need to get back to Ponyville!" She said before she started to pull her cart behind her and ran.

But then, suddenly, the princess landed right in front of there mare, like thunder that struck into the ground, causing the mare to get a little bit startled. The princess had a serious expression on her face, which sent down shivers on Happytrade's back. But that serious expression quickly vanished and turned into a smile again. "What about my pie?" She then asked casually.

"Oh! Yes!" Happytrade replied nervously before she prepared the best-looking apple pie that she could find in her cart. Princess Celestia levitated a few bits towards Happytrade but the mare felt kinda weird accepting money from the princess but she insisted to pay for it.

"Thank you very much," Princess Celestia said happily after taking the pie with her magic, trading it for a few bitcoins in the process. "I'm not sure if you knew but I can be quite weak when it comes to pies," she admitted almost embarrassingly. "But don't tell anypony,"

"I would never!" Happytrade replied before she was on her way back to Ponyville again.


Later...


Happytrade was afraid of how the Apple Family would react to her failing completely to sell anything in Canterlot. A professional approach is what she planned, mistakes like this happen to even the best. If she would explain everything like this, then the Apple Family surely would not get mad that she didn't make any money for them.

But that didn't go too well...

When the mare arrived back in Sweet Apple Acres, she instantly bowed down and apologized in shame for letting them down and ruining their future potential success in Canterlot. She was panicking and needless to say, she looked really amateurish.

After apologizing for a few minutes now, she waited for a response from Applejack, Big McIntosh, and Granny Smith, which all looked at each other confused before eventually bursting out in laughter.

Of course, Happytrade looked at the three ponies in confusion. "What's so funny!?" She said in a mix of confusion and frustration.

After the three ponies calmed down again, Applejack explained what was amusing them. "Now, nothing against you, Happy, but we totally expected this to happen,"

This still didn't make sense to Happytrade. "You expected me to not sell anything!?" She asked confused, feeling a little hurt in her pride as a merchant.

Granny Smith was the one who walked up to the mare in order to comfort her. "It didn't matter how good of a merchant you were, hon. Those ponies in Canterlot with their fancy nancy attitude and their noses raised up all the way to Cloudsdale probably don't even look at stuff that wasn't touched by Princess Celestia herself,"

That sentence was kinda ironic to Happytrade since Princess Celestia was the only one who actually purchased something from her. "But..." Happytrade started confused. "Then why did you even sent me to Canterlot to sell something if you knew that I would fail?"

Applejack explained. "Well, we thought that if there would be one pony that could sell some stuff from Ponyville in Canterlot then it would be you. But I guess not even the best merchant in Ponyville can change them," she said shaking her head just thinking about the citizens of Canterlot. Happytrade did feel flattered to be addressed as the best merchant of Ponyville by Applejack. "I hope that little trip to Canterlot didn't make you feel too upset for the future,"

"The future?" Happytrade asked confused.

"Yes, the next time we will work together, I mean," Applejack replied.

Of course, getting another chance to work with the Apple Family didn't even cross Happytrade's mind. She thought it was all over forever. But there was no sign of that at all. No one of the family seemed mad or upset at all, they didn't even blame Happytrade for all of this.

But Happytrade still had to ask to make sure she wasn't hearing things. "So...you want me to work with you again in the future?" She asked with disbelieving in her voice.

"Course," Applejack replied as if it was the most obvious thing ever. "Didn't you hear me? You are the best merchant in Ponyville after all," she added with a wink.

"Eeyup," Big McIntosh agreed.

Happytrade had to try holding back some tears in her eyes to hear such a compliment from the Apple Family. "I swear I will not let you down ever again!" She said determinedly, raising her hoof up at the sky.

The Apple Family was happy to hear that and decided to celebrate a future business relationship between them. Luckily there was enough food left for that. Eventually, Happytrade's visit got longer than she expected and once the evening was over, she was happy that everything somehow went well.

Maybe this wasn't the worst day in her life after all.

Author's Note:

Another chapter, and yes, I am still alive and writing, don't worry ^^. It just took a little while recently to continue for some reason. We are not too far away from the end of this story actually (5-6) chapters left so I hope I can get them out relatively fast now and that you all have some patience left for me.

Please let me know what you thought about this chapter or the overall story. I would really like to hear your thoughts about some things. With all that said, please consider leaving a review or some other kind of feedback and make sure to follow me or this story to always be up to date with everything that I upload.

See you all in the next chapter.
Bye Bye ^^.

Reading Order:

My Little Pony - The Legend of Friendship Season 1 + 2(Chapter 1 - 53)

My Little Pony - The Legend of Friendship - Diary of The Storm Wings

My Little Pony - The Legend of Friendship Season 3(Chapter 54 - 65)

Equestria Girls - The Legend of Friendship

My Little Pony - The Legend of Friendship - Outcasts

My Little Pony - The Legend of Friendship Season 4(Chapter 66 - 91)

Rainbow Rocks - The Legend of Friendship

The Legend of Friendship - Harmony