• Published 12th Dec 2018
  • 940 Views, 2 Comments

The Legend of Friendship - Harmony - Danieru



Before the Elements of Harmony returned to Equestria, there was another story that took place in the little town of Ponyville. A story that, for some reason, was forgotten...

  • ...
3
 2
 940

12. Generosity

Usually, Brilliance would spend the day inside, whenever she is not spending time with her friends of course, where she is willing to go outside. It's not even like she hated being outside, she just preferred being inside, reading something in her quiet library. That was just the pony she was.

Whenever she left her library it was either because of her friends or because she needed to do something that she couldn't inside, like shopping or dealing with some kind of problem. This time she left the house because of the later one.

She walked through Ponyville, looking straight forward, presumably knowing exactly where she was going. In fact, she was not looking left or right on her whole walk through town. It was as if she didn't even care about anything around her, or almost as if she wasn't aware of anything else.

Which happened to be the case...

Soon, she found herself suddenly bumping into someone and landed back on her behind. She was surprised by this and looked around confused until she heard a voice talking to her. "Sorry, are you alright?" A male familiar voice asked concerned.

"Sorry," Brilliance apologized before she got up on her hooves again. "Who is there?" She then asked much to the surprise of the one in front of her.

"Um...it's Ashgray," the Unicorn stallion replied, feeling almost hurt that Brilliance didn't recognize him.

Brilliance did seem to notice that. "I'm sorry, I didn't recognize you by your voice and I couldn't see it was you," she explained.

Ashgray raised an eyebrow. "How? Did you forget your glasses?" Ashgray jokingly asked before he actually realized that this was the case and that the mare did not wear her glasses. "Wait, where are your glasses?" He then asked.

Brilliance explained. "I broke them. Read a book in my bed. I usually lift them up and read them while I lay down. It fell down and my glasses got broken once it fell on my face," she said casually and without showing any signs of being embarrassed about this story, which Ashgray would probably when if he was her at this moment. "I'm on my way to the optician to get them fixed,"

"Oh, okay," Ashgray replied. "Then don't let me hold you back on that," the stallion said before he stepped out of the way so that Brilliance could be on her way again.

After a few more words, the mare was gone and Ashgray was on his way as well. Thinking about Brilliance's words from before, however, got the stallion confused for a moment and he turned around. "Wait, isn't the optician the other way?" He asked himself. Then again, he only recently arrived in Ponyville and his sense of direction was also not the best, so he figured that Brilliance was knowing where she was walking to and he continued to walk away again.


Later...


Brilliance finally arrived at her destination and stood in front of the door to the optician. She was taking longer to get to this place than she expected, something that was most likely caused by her not knowing exactly where she was going.

But knowing that she would be able to see clearly again soon, she started to feel better already. The mare entered the door and was greeted by the sound of a bell that hung above the door. "Hello?" She said as soon as she was inside, waiting for somepony to take care of her problem.

Somepony quickly walked up to Brilliance with a cheerful and open voice. "Welcome, how can I help?" A Unicorn mare with a white cloak, a purple mane, dark blue eyes, and three light-blue diamonds as a Cutie Mark greeted.

Not recognizing the voice at first, Brilliance had a slight feeling that this was not the right place but in order to confirm her thought, she asked away. "Is this the optician?" The mare asked casually.

The mare clearly was confused by this question and lowered her eyebrows. "Uh, no dear, this is Carousel Boutique," the white-coated mare replied confused about this visitor. "Wait..." she then added. "Aren't you the mare who lives in the library?" She added after she recognized the mare from somewhere before.

"Yes," Brilliance replied. By now, once Brilliance was aware that she was inside Carousel Boutique, she had also a good guess who she was talking to. "Rarity, was it?" She added, she knew about her too, and that she was known for her beautiful dresses in Ponyville, something that Brilliance never showed too much interest though. "I must have taken a wrong turn somewhere, sorry," she then said before she turned around and clenched her eyes, trying to see something.

Not knowing what exactly was wrong the mare, Rarity couldn't help but wonder what was going on. "If you don't mind me asking, is there something wrong?"

Brilliance turned around again and explained. "No, I just broke my glasses and I tried to find the optician to fix it again," she said as she levitated her black pair of glasses out of her saddlebag, showing that the glasses were split in half in the middle.

Rarity walked up to the mare and took a closer look at them. "You know, I think I can fix them for you," she then offered out on a whim. "I occasionally wear a pair of glasses too when I work. I have some things somewhere to repair yours if you want,"

Brilliance didn't think too long about this offer and just trusted that Rarity would know what she was doing so she accepted her help. Rarity asked the Unicorn to wait inside until she was done. Brilliance did as she was told and patiently waited for Rarity to hopefully come back with her pair of glasses.

She would have liked to take a look around the place to see what Carousel Boutique looked like from the inside but her blurry vision only allowed her to see mostly pink colors. That she was almost blind whenever she wasn't wearing her glasses, is something that she was well aware of but she was not bothered by it clearly, or else she wouldn't have walked all this way through town on her own to get the problem solved. The most logical thing would have been to ask one of her friends to accompany her so that she wouldn't get lost but since Brilliance saw this as a rather minor problem, she wouldn't feel right to ask her friends for help.

It didn't take too long until Rarity was done with her work and walked up to a still blind Brilliance, who already heard the mare elegantly and proudly approaching her. "All done!" The Unicorn said in a singing voice while she levitated the pair of glasses over to Brilliance, who immediately put back on her pair of glasses to where they belonged to.

Everything became sharper again as soon as she was looking through her lenses again, it was almost a shock, considering how she only saw blurry images today. "Thank you," the mare replied in gratitude, even though her voice sounded as deadpan as ever. "How much do I owe you?" She then asked.

Rarity simply laughed at that question. "Oh, Darling, don't be ridiculous. I was glad to help you in your time of need," she simply said with a smile on her face.

The things that Brilliance knew about Rarity were very limited from what she heard in town but she thought it was almost rude that nopony spread a rumor of her being so nice. "Thank you, that's very generous of you," Brilliance replied happily with a smile on her face, to which Rarity replied with a smile on her own.

This happy moment, however, was interrupted by the sound of the doorbell, indicating that somepony else was entering the boutique. Rarity excused herself to greet the customer, who turned out to be just a mail pony, who delivered a letter to her and left shortly after. Rarity opened the letter and read through it. As the seconds passed, the Unicorn's facial expression looked more and more concerned, stressed, and even shocked.

"WHAT!?" The mare then exclaimed in shock after presumably reading through all of the letter now. "But that is way too early!" She complained. What followed was Rarity sighing in frustration. Her eyes then looked over to Brilliance, who she just realized, was looking at her confused. It was a little awkward but Rarity smiled at her as if everything was okay. "I suppose you don't have a few carts of gems lying around somewhere?" She then asked, not expecting that this would even be remotely the case.

Brilliance figured that Rarity was maybe referring to how Brilliance was offering something in return, and that, if she had some gems, it would be nice of her to lend the mare some. But, naturally, Brilliance had no gems. "What do you need them for?" She asked out of curiosity, wondering how this letter got Rarity so upset in the first place.

Rarity just had to share her frustration with somepony and decided to explain the situation. "Well, the letter was from one of my most loyal, and best-paying customers," she said, saying the later words a little bit under her breath. "I was supposed to create a really fabulous line for her, and gems were supposed to be on all of them! The problem is now that I was asked to have the line finished a little bit earlier than planned and I don't have nearly enough gems as of now! I haven't even started on the dresses yet! There is no way that I can get enough gems while also preparing the line! It's a complete disaster!" She explained in one big rush of frustration before she was about to have a mental breakdown about the whole thing.

There was a huge contrast between the two mares. One was on full-blown-drama and the other one was calm as usual. It sure was important for Rarity to not get on the bad side of her customer, which is why she was freaking out like this. Watching the mare like this was definitely not what Brilliance wanted to see.

"I can help you with the gems," Brilliance then said out of the blue. Rarity's ears were standing up in attention after she heard that. "I can gather the gems while you work on the dresses," she simply said.

"You would do that?" Rarity said in a glimmer of hope now. "But how?" She then asked.

Brilliance had not exactly a plan but she knew where to start. "Just leave it to me, it's the least that I can do after you fixed my glasses," she mentioned.

It was crazy how Brilliance was putting fixing a pair of glasses on the same level as gathering gems. It didn't seem fair for Rarity to accept this help but then again, she was really in need of help and didn't know what else to do now so of course, she was not refusing Brilliance's offer, in fact, she was welcoming it with open hooves.

And just like that, the librarian left to go home and to look up something that could help.


Later...


Brilliance was reading through some of her books, hastily but also with a focus in her eyes. After making a promise to help Rarity, she had to make her words come true. She had an idea what exactly to do but wasn't completely sure so she had to get more information from her books.

She soon stumbled across something in a spellbook. "Able to discover gems hidden under rocks or inside of walls," was the description of the spell, that she was looking for. It seemed to be the solution to Rarity's problem. All she had to do was to learn this spell, which she did immediately after, performing and practicing it over and over again until she got it down. Once that was the case. Brilliance was going back to Carousel Boutique and explained her plan to Rarity.

While Rarity was preparing the dresses, or rather starting to get the work started on them, Brilliance would spend some of her time finding gems for her. That way, the work would be done twice as fast while also taking off some pressure from Rarity.

Again, Rarity asked Brilliance why she would do this for her, they didn't really know each other after all. To that Brilliance didn't really know the answer, all she knew was that she was feeling deep down that this would be the right thing to do. And that is why she continued to help.

Rarity was really thankful for this help and let Brilliance help her. She needed help because she had to be done with those dresses pretty fast so of course, she accepted it. After Brilliance heard how her help was accepted, she immediately went on her part of the agreement and was on her way outside of Ponyville to find a good spot to gather some gems.

The mare actually didn't think that everything would go so well once she started using this gem-finding spell but to her positive surprise, everything went really well. Whenever she used the spell, she could see gems everywhere in the ground as if she could literally see through the ground. It was pretty exhausting to mine and carrying them back to Carousel Boutique but knowing that she could help Rarity made it all worth it. Rarity was really shocked to see Brilliance coming back with a cart that was half full of gems. Seeing how this worked out perfectly, Rarity suggested that if Brilliance would do this some more times then she would certainly have enough gems in time.


Some days later...


Once again, Brilliance was outside of Ponyville mining some gems for Rarity just like all the previous days before. At first, the mare was fearing that she could not handle doing this every day but it became easier each day and she was only doing that for a few hours so it wasn't nearly as bad as she thought.

It was always the same routine, she arrived at the usual spot, used her spell, mined the gems out of the ground, load them into a cart, brought the cart to Carousel Boutique, repeat the same thing the next day.

Considering how many gems the mare already gathered, there were still a lot more left, much to her surprise. But, there was no need to collect all of the gems left in the ground because Rarity had almost enough gems for her whole line. This meant that today was most likely the last day where Brilliance had to do all of this. With that in mind, Brilliance was in highs spirits to gather the last gems.

After she was done digging out all the gems, she looked over her cart which was filled a little bit more than usual, just to make sure that Rarity would have enough. "All done," she then said before she walked in front of the cart and prepared herself to pull it.

But then the mare heard some noises coming from some nearby bushes, which were shaking as soon as she looked over to them. Brilliance got a little bit wearier and looked around herself to see where those noises were coming from. "Is anypony there?" She then asked, hoping that it was just one of her friends trying to pull a prank on her.

She looked all around and couldn't see anything. For a moment she thought that she was just imagining things and attempted to walk in front of the cart again. However, she got stuck on something with her food and looked down. What she saw surprised her, instead of a vine, or some wood sticking out of the ground or something similar, there was an arm, coming out of the ground, that grabbed one of her hind hooves. "Oh-oh," she simply said in a casual tone before she was dragged underground by this arm.

The mare was not really getting what happened. Something dragged her through a really long tunnel system, which she didn't expect to be there. It was really dark so she couldn't really make out who or what was dragging her all this way, it felt like a really bizarre roller coaster ride, it all happened too fast and everything was spinning in the process.

Eventually, all of that stopped and Brilliance was pushed in the middle of a cave underground. Once everything stopped spinning, the mare was looking around to see what exactly was dragging her all this way down. Luckily, there were some torches hanging on the walls so that she could finally see something.

She had a good look on the creature who captured her. It was a dog-like creature that was standing on its two hind legs, with a medium gray colored fur, and green eyes, wearing a jacket and spiked collar around its neck. "I got her!" He then screamed across the cave, making the mare shrug for a moment because she didn't expect this dog to talk

Soon, two more of those dogs showed up, both of them wear also wearing jackets and spiked collars. One of them had a light gray colored fur and yellow eyes who was a little bit bigger than the previous one next to Brilliance, and the other one had a light brown fur and yellow eyes, this one was a little smaller than the other two. The three of them were also accompanied by a few more dogs, wearing some armor, who probably serves as some kind of guards.

"You sure it's her?" The bigger dog asked.

"Yup," The other dog replied confidently. "I saw her digging out some gems and piling them up before I dragged her down here. She used some kind of spell and boom, she knew exactly where to dig! As if she could see through the ground," he explained.

The other two dogs laughed sinister once they heard that. "Well, I hope she isn't too tired to dig out some more gems," the smaller dog said with an evil smile on his face. "But this time for us!" He added.

All those dogs were slowly walking up to the mare, who instead of showing, looked rather concerned. "Oh, boy," was the only thing she said once she realized that she won't be able to bring those gems, that she found back to Rarity for a while.


Later, outside...


"Are you sure that it is here?" Summershine asked towards his friends who were all right next to him.

Brilliance was supposed to meet up with her friends, Summershine, Happytrade, Crash, Lightbeam, Nightsky and Star Twinkle but since she didn't appear, they figured that they should check out the place where the mare would usually dig out the gems. They were all well aware of what Brilliance was doing for Rarity and thought that she was just putting in some extra time today but once they arrived at the spot outside of Ponyville, they couldn't find her anywhere.

"This is where she usually is," Lightbeam said concerned that something might have happened to her friend, which ironically, was the case. The group actually found a cart that was filled with gems, which proved that Brilliance was here, the question that they were asking themselves, however, was where she was now.

Crash then pointed something out. "Maybe she is inside that hole in the ground!" He said pointing at said hole. Everypony quickly looked over to where the stallion was pointing at. There was indeed a hole in the ground and it was quite deep too. Everypony looked down the hole and Crash even struck his head inside of it. "Brilliance! Are you in here!?" He screamed through inside of the hole, causing his voice to echo through it.

Happytrade had concern painted on her face. "You think she fell down there?" She then asked worriedly. The echo from before was quite long which meant that this hole must have been even deeper than everypony expected at first. It could have been possible that Brilliance fell down there and was unable to get out on her own.

"Hey! You!" Star Twinkle then said angrily, much to everyponies surprise. They turned their heads and looked at where the stallion was pointing at. They found one of the same dog creatures that pony napped Brilliance before. This dog was right next to the cart from before and looked at it with greedy eyes before eventually, pulling it behind him, escaping with it.

"Hey! Stop!" Summershine said angrily. "He probably knows where Brilliance is, get him!" He then said before he and his friends were running after the dog.

The dog ran faster as soon as he noticed how he was chased by this herd of ponies, making the cart shake and drop some of the gems in the process. Everypony was determined to chase this dog and got fairly close to them. But then suddenly, one pony after another, dropped to the ground, as if they stumbled across something. When each one of them looked at their legs, they noticed how their legs were grabbed by some more dogs, that came from underground holes beneath them. The only ones who escaped this were Lightbeam and Nightsky, who both decided to fly as soon as they noticed everypony falling to the ground. The later one noticed how the dog was about to jump into a hole with the cart so he decided to speed up in an attempt to tackle the dog. Still, the dog was already to close to the hole and jumped into it, along with the gem-filled cart.

As soon as this dog was gone, the other dogs let go of everypony and vanished as well. Nightsky didn't jump after that one dog, he was getting wary about what could await him once he entered the hole. The others walked to his side however and suggested what he hoped to hear.

"Let's get in there!" Summershine said determined to jump right into the hole in front of Nightsky. "They are probably responsible for Brilliance's disappearance!" He figured.

"Are you sure?" Star Twinkle asked, trying to figure out how Summershine came to that conclusion.

Summershine explained. "They're Diamond Dogs, they collect gems! They probably saw Brilliance digging out some gems with her spell and then pony napped her!"

"So that they can use her to find more gems?" Nightsky added.

"Yes," Summershine replied.

But Happytrade didn't care what the reason was for her disappearance. "Does it matter why they took her? We need to rescue her!" She said, which was greeted with agreement by everypony else.

"Yes!" Lightbeam added angrily and determined. "Let's show those dogs what happens if you hurt one of our friends!" She exclaimed. Before then everypony could react, the mare jumped straight into the hole, causing her brother to jump down as well, just so that he could have an eye on her.

The rest of the group did the same and jumped after the two, ready to get their friend back from the Diamond Dogs.


Meanwhile...


Brilliance was forced to locate all the gems inside the cave. The dogs gave her a pickaxe and she dug out one gem after another without showing any resistance. She used her spell one more time and some of the dogs were right behind here digging out gems just like her after being able to see them.

After the mare dug out another bunch of gems, she looked over to the three dogs from before. She actually learned to knew their names, the big one's name was Fido, the small one's Spot and the one in between, Rover. Three looked back at her, confused about why she stopped working.

The mare explained her reasoning. "Can I go now? I kinda need to be somewhere today," Brilliance said casually while she was hoping that those dogs would understand.

But of course, that was not the case. "Are you kidding!?" Rover said amused. "Thanks to you, we got more gems than ever! There is no way that we will let you go!"

Hearing that, quite upset the mare a little bit. She still needed to bring those gems to Rarity, not to mention that she was supposed to meet her friends after that. Instead, she had to work for those guys. "What do you need those gems for anyway?" She then asked on a whim after just now wondering about that.

Rover raised his chest before he began to explain. "Well, the answer is quite easy, it's because-" but the dog stopped in mid-sentence once one guard dog was tipping him on the shoulder and whispered something in his ear. "What!? Intruders!? Six of them?" The Diamond Dog said in surprise. "Well, then go and get them!" He ordered hushing away the dog.

Brilliance had actually a slight suspicion that those intruders could be her friends, or rather, she was hoping for that. "Well, if it's them, then I might as well mine some more gems before I get rescued,"

The three dogs looked at each other before Fido walked up to the mare, amused to hear those words. "Oh, we make sure that you will stay with us," he assured confidently with a grin on his face.


In the meantime...


After, quite a slide downwards, the six ponies found themselves in front of multiple tunnels. They obviously had no idea where all those tunnels would lead to and stopped in front of them, trying to figure out what to do now.

"Now what?" Happytrade asked worriedly.

"How do we know in which direction Brilliance could be?" Lightbeam asked.

"Easy," Summershine replied before he focused his magic for a moment. Seconds later, the cave was filled with light coming from the unicorn. Shortly after, gems could be seen inside the walls and in the ground.

The group was impressed to see this. "Cool! You can use that gem spell too?" Crash asked while he took a look at all the shiny gems around him.

"Of course," Summershine boasted. "When I heard Brilliance was looking for gems, I looked up a spell that I could help her with. I found the same spell that she was using and learned it. She said she didn't really need my help though so I never really had a chance to use it," he explained, being kinda happy to have an opportunity to use it now, despite the situation.

Still, the group questioned how seeing the gems now would help them, to which Summershine explained that by knowing where there are the most gems, their chances of finding Brilliance would be higher because she was most likely at where the most gems where so that she could dig them out for those dogs. That was of course if that was the reason for her being captured by them in the first place.

"Then let's go!" Crash said. "We can't waste too much time!" He added before he ran right into the tunnel which had the most gems inside the ground. The group nodded and was about to run after him, they couldn't quite keep up with Crash since he was running quite fast through the tunnels. As soon as they were running inside the tunnels however, a very panicked Crash came running right back towards them. "Not here, not here!" He exclaimed in a hurry as he ran past the group, leaving them quite confused.

But the confusion vanished as soon as they saw a bunch of Diamond Dogs running towards them, all of them wearing pieces of armor and equipped with spears, ready to attack the ponies. However, instead of getting scared by the number of dogs approaching them, Summershine, Nightsky, Happytrade and Star Twinkle attacked right back and pushed the dogs out at the end of the tunnel, only to reveal that they were quite more waiting for them in front of a cave.

There were around twenty Diamond Dogs in front of them now, making sure to guard the entrance of a cave. Quite suspicious to the six ponies. A battle ensued between the Diamond Dogs and the group of ponies. The Diamond Dogs, while being bigger and stronger, were easily outsmarted and tricked by the ponies. Nightsky, Happytrade, and Star Twinkle were able to physically keep up if it was one against one, the same was the case for Summershine, whose magic was strong enough to deal with quite a few dogs at once, and Lightbeam and Crash didn't even really try to fight but still managed to confuse the dogs with their playful natures.

It was quite a mess but it looked like the six ponies had the upper hoof in this battle so it was only a matter of time until they would see their friend back again.

Eventually, in the middle of the battle, three more dogs came out in front of the cave. "Hey, hey, stop!" One of them shouted, causing everyone to stop fighting in mid-battle. Those three dogs didn't seem to be equipped to fight, judging from the lack of armor or weapons that they were wearing. "Alright, alright! You want your little friend back?" He said, pretty much confirming that they pony-napped Brilliance. He then whistled, which left an echo throughout the whole cave. "Get them, Tiny!"

The cave was shaking every second, steps were slowly coming closer, and they sounded heavy, really heavy as if something big was coming towards the group of ponies, causing them to get a little nervous. Being nervous is something that everypony wished they could stay though because they quickly felt fear as soon as this huge and monstrous-looking Diamond Dog, which was twice the size of any other one stepped right in front of everyone.

The Diamond Dog started to laugh after they realized that those six ponies will experience quite some pain from this point on. Still, Rover looked quite confused after taking a look at Tiny, there were some bruises on his face and the giant dog looked quite upset to be there now. "Um..." Rover then said flustered to see Tiny in this state.

Shortly after a pony revealed herself and appeared right on top of Tiny's back, who then jumped gracefully off from him. "Thanks for taking me here, darling," she said in a really casual tone that didn't match the whole situation now before she walked towards everypony.

"Rarity?" Summershine asked confused. "What are you doing here?" He asked.

The mare explained. "I got a little worried about Brilliance after she didn't return to the Boutique after quite some while so I decided to check on her. When I arrived at the usual spot, I met this fellow who was talking about how he and his companions pony-napped someone so I asked him to bring me to her,"

Star Twinkle had just one more question which was floating around everyponies mind as well. "Aaand, those bruises are," he started.

Rarity explained this as well and giggle for a moment. "He tried to get a little rough with me so I taught him a lesson. I may be a lady but when it comes to saving a friend, especially a friend who helped me out for quite a while, I won't resort on using my hooves in self-defense," she said confidently in her abilities, which seemed to be more than justified.

Rover slapped his face in frustration, it was a sign that he was giving up right about now. "Take her!" Rover said before he made way to which Brilliance appeared right behind and walked past by him.

Everypony looked relieved to see their friend back, unscratched, a little bit dirty, but unscratched. Lightbeam immediately hugged her friend. "I'm so glad that you are okay," she expressed with some tears building up in her eyes.

"Why wouldn't I be?" Brilliance casually replied, as if she was never in danger at all.

The group didn't spend too much time talking while so many Diamond Dogs were still there. They didn't attack them though and just watched the ponies walk away without hurting them anymore. As for accepting to let Brilliance go, they were not all too happy about that.

"So..." Fido started before he scratched his head. "What now?"

"Guess we gonna dig out gems on our own again," Spot figured while he shrugged his shoulders confused.

"Argh! Whatever!" Rover said frustrated stomping on the ground in the process. "Who knows, maybe we find another pony to dig for us someday!" He said before he went back on digging himself with some other dogs that he ordered to do the same but not before he looked up to Tiny disappointed in him that he got beat up by a little pony.


Later...


The eight ponies made it outside again, relieved that everything turned out well for them.

"Ah! Fresh air!" Lightbeam said before she stretched her hooves up in the air happily.

"Yes," Happytrade agreed. "It sure beats that dirty underground cave," she added, clearly not being the biggest fan of the Diamond Dogs and their home.

Brilliance took the opportunity to apologize to Rarity. "I'm sorry. Those dogs took away the gems that I dug out for you,"

Rarity was shocked that the mare was even thinking about that right now. "Don't worry about that now. I'm just happy that you are safe!"

Brilliance was happy to hear that and smiled. But that smile vanished again after a few seconds. "I just wanted to help you after you helped me. I thought that would be the right thing to do." She was referring to how Rarity fixed her glasses and that she wanted to help Rarity in time of need to repay that generosity.

Rarity shook her head with a smile on her face. "Oh darling, I didn't help you because I wanted to expect anything in return. I really appreciated you offering your help but I could have never forgiven myself if something happened to one of my friends," she expressed. "And you know," she then started, grabbing Brilliance's full attention. "I don't think you helped me because you wanted to be even with me,"

Those words confused Brilliance at first but she knew deep down that this was most likely the case. She saw how Rarity was in trouble and wanted to help her, nothing more, nothing less. Right now was the same situation, Brilliance was in trouble and Rarity came to help her and she did it not because she wanted something in return for it. She did it because she wanted to help.

"I don't expect anything in return...if I can make my friends happy with a simple act of generosity then that is completely fine with me..." Brilliance said to herself. "That is why I originally helped you," she said towards Rarity who couldn't be happier to hear those words.

With everypony else overhearing this conversation, they quickly came to a better, and safer solution. They could help Rarity with the dresses or the gems as well. Rarity initially protested against that idea but after she realized that everypony was highly excited to help, she couldn't possibly refuse.

"It would be wonderful if you all helped me," she said with a bright smile on her face, looking forward to spending more time with those ponies.

There was no doubt that the work would be done in no time with all those ponies helping out at once. Brilliance's work alone was already enough help at it was. In fact, it wasn't about getting everything done in time but rather about spending time together and having fun with everyone.

That is what should be most important after all.

Author's Note:

Another one of those chapters done ^^. Looked kinda familiar though, right?

Please let me know what you thought about this chapter or the overall story. I would really like to hear your thoughts about some things. With all that said, please consider leaving a review or some other kind of feedback and make sure to follow me or this story to always be up to date with everything that I upload.

See you all in the next chapter.
Bye Bye ^^.

Reading Order:

My Little Pony - The Legend of Friendship Season 1 + 2(Chapter 1 - 53)

My Little Pony - The Legend of Friendship - Diary of The Storm Wings

My Little Pony - The Legend of Friendship Season 3(Chapter 54 - 65)

Equestria Girls - The Legend of Friendship

My Little Pony - The Legend of Friendship - Outcasts

My Little Pony - The Legend of Friendship Season 4(Chapter 66 - 91)

Rainbow Rocks - The Legend of Friendship

The Legend of Friendship - Harmony