• Published 4th Aug 2012
  • 783 Views, 10 Comments

The Excursion to the Spirit - Mekanik



Learning can get kind of boring. Why not learn on a journey... a journey into the mind.

  • ...
 10
 783

Going Up

Chapter IV

Day two came as he got up from the back of his wagon and knocked on Twilight’s door, waiting for someone to answer him.

Twilight then came to answer her door and saw the human outside holding his abdomen, “Oh, good mor-” she was cut short.

“Twilight, you have anything to eat, I’m starving!” he said quickly.

“Sure, come on in” she said as she moved to the side to let him in. “Uh, what exactly do you eat?”

“Just prepare whatever you want, please” he said while making his way to the small chair and table in the middle of the room.

The library was actually bigger than what he thought, he had ideas of its size, but this was the real deal. His hunger calmed down a bit as Twilight approached the table with a salad; he had no choice but to eat like a vegetarian as he imagined a tear running down his eye at the fact that he’s not having meat for a while.

“Thanks”, he said, munching down on his salad as he felt the eyes of Twilight fixed on him. “Need something?” he said while looking at his plate.

“What do you plan in doing while you’re here?” she asked while still looking at the human.

Finishing his salad, he looked at her, “You brought me here, I’m sure that makes me your responsibility” he said while he started to drink from a glass Twilight brought with the dish, “I’m in for whatever you want to do with me, just as I want from you” he said the last part as he got closer to Twilight.

“What exactly do you want?” she asked, also getting closer to him.

“You’re gonna have a great time at the Welcome Party Pinkie Pie is throwing me here later today” he said happily as he received an annoyed look from Twilight. “Oh don’t be like that; it’ll be just you, me, and your friends. You’re going to learn something extraordinary from this party, I guarantee it.

“What do you mean?” she looked at him quizzically, not knowing what he meant by that.

“You’ll see. Now, can you let me use your shower?” he said while getting up from the table.

“Of course, just go up the stairs and Spike will tell you where the bathroom is” she said as she also got up and make her way to a bookshelf.
“Alright, gonna go grab my things” he said while making his way to the door and opened it; he saw other ponies staring at his car. As he got closer, they all turned to look at him instead, they felt it all coming together to whom it belonged to. He saw fear in their eyes and thought the best approach was to kneel down to look at them at eye level. “What can I do for you guys” he said calmly, seeing as most of their tension released.

“Oh, i… is this yours?” said a particular earth pony with an orange mane while pointing to his car.

“Yes, it’s made for transportation.”

“But… how does it work?” another pony asked.

He just looked at them with an annoyed look, knowing it’ll take a while to explain them how it works. “I don’t have time right now, maybe some other time. Which way is it to Sugar Cube Corner?” he asked.

“It’s right passing town hall” said the orange-colored mane earth pony, pointing to the direction of the bakery.

“Alright, I’ll go there in a bit” he said as he got up and unlocked the back hatch door, getting his emergency clothes/hygiene bag (in case of drastic measures during parties) out, and closed it again. Turning around, he saw the same ponies that were around his car were now on the back, trying to get a good look inside. “Uh… see you guys around?” he said, “Maybe we can party sometime?” he added, they all looked and talked to each other, liking the idea that the strange creature just proposed. “Okay, if you need anything, don’t hesitate to ask me” he finally said while turning to the library again.

Once inside, he made his way to the stairs. While on the second floor, Spike was dusting off a bookshelf when he saw the human arrive with a bag in his hands.

“Hey Spike, mind pointing me to the shower in this place?” he said while looking around.

“Go up those stairs and it’s the first door on the left” Spike said, returning to his dusting.

Meanwhile downstairs, Twilight was reading a book about bipedal creatures in Equestria and almost done in sending a letter to her mentor about the current event they’re having.

Dear Princess Celestia

Two nights ago, I was studying a new spell in which I can bring back distant objects by teleportation. While I set it to practice on the evening, my spell brought back a strange cart and accompanied by a tall creature that claims to be a human, such a race I have never heard of, and is of no hostility. In fact it carries technology never seen by Equestria. I hope to hear back from you, Princess. This creature is truly fascinating.

Your faithful student, Twilight Sparkle

As a few minutes passed, the human came down from the stairs with clean clothes and humid hair, making his way to the other flight of stairs to the bottom floor of the library, keeping his head down from bumping into the ceiling. Once there, he saw Twilight talking to Spike by the table. “Going to Sugarcube Corner, be back in a bit” he said while going for the door.

They just stared at him leave, “he seems really friendly” said Spike.

“I know, pretty strange that he also speaks perfect Equestrian, it’s like he’s here from Equestria, but he’s from a different planet. I guess I’ll ask him later” she said with a sigh.

As he arrived at the bakery, some ponies gave him strange looks around town, but no fear of running away; he thought maybe the ponies he met earlier passed on the word of him being friendly.

“You’re here!” said Pinkie Pie enthusiastically from behind the counter.

“You’re gonna have a great time Pinkie, I mean it” he said while going around the counter to the kitchen, where Pinkie was preparing the batter for the brownies. “Alright, let’s add some of this” he said while opening the zip bag of Kush and added the correct portion. As time went on with their baking, they were finally done and made their way to Twilight’s library. When they got there, a thought came across his mind, “Hey Pinkie, you didn’t bring a-“ he stopped when he saw the pink pony with a cannon in front of her, and with the click of a button it exploded in streamers, confetti, and balloons; plates, a punch bowl, and cups which were physically impossible to fit in such a small cannon, but he knew far too well that the laws of physics and Pinkie don’t like each other.

Setting the still warm brownies on the middle table of the library, he heard a knock on the door as Spike went to answer it. With that, Fluttershy, Rarity, Applejack, and Rainbow Dash came in.

He thought about eating the brownies, but he won’t be able to fully help and control these ponies if they were to eat it too, so he just went for a cup and picked up some punch. He’ll just have to sit this one out.

“Okay girls,” he said, their attention focused on him, “if you’re all going to eat these delicious brownies me and Pinkie Pie baked, please tell me when you start laughing like a crazy person and feeling… euphoric. It’s completely normal and I’m right here if you have any questions”, they all just thought it like an introduction to his welcome party, not knowing that he was serious. While the others were already picking, Rainbow, Applejack, and Pinkie were eating big chunks; Twilight, Rarity, and Fluttershy were eating small pieces.

“Wow these taste great, what did you put in them?” said Rainbow Dash approaching the human.

“Remember my bag of plants? I added a few grams” he said while taking a sip of his cup of punch.

“Ah’ve never had anything this good from Pinkie’s parties before” Applejack said with a relaxed tone as she walked next to Rainbow Dash.

“Yeah, this is like,” Rainbow tried to think of the appropriate words to say, but all the human saw from both of them were smiles creeping up, “this is like” she stuttered, “oh my gosh” she said in glee.

Applejack was looking at Rainbow Dash, trying to figure out if she’s feeling the same, “Ah know, you feel that too, RD?” Applejack said while putting her hoof on the cyan pony’s shoulder.

“You guys!” said Pinkie Pie from behind their backs and threw her forelegs around their necks.

“Enjoy the party girls” said the human as he made his way to sit with the others.