• Published 4th Aug 2012
  • 1,235 Views, 7 Comments

The Brony's New Life - That1Brony



Travel with Brad (AKA Evening Glow) as he (she) gets sent into the wide world of Equestria!

  • ...
8
 7
 1,235

Chapter 1: Welcomes

“Ow, my head” Evening Glow began as she got up off the ground. Her eyes flickered open and she saw something she did not expect. Going from a bright bathroom to a dark unnamable room to a dark, dank forest was a little disorienting. “Where am I, and why is my voice really high pitched?”

After a look around, Evening Glow was still quite confused. She was in a forest, but not one she had ever experienced anywhere on Earth. It had trees that were twisted every which way and flowers that were all sorts of different colors. After a minute of looking at one particular flower, one that she had recognized from a cartoon, she thought that she was going insane. “Am I in the… Everfree Forest?” she asked herself with some disbelief.

“I can’t be in the Everfree Forest,” she told herself. “It only exists in the world of My Little Pony, and that is a fictional world. I must have fallen asleep; that’s it, I need to wake up.” Evening Glow then rubbed her eyes, but then stopped when she felt hooves instead of hands and fur instead of skin. “Okay, I can’t freak out… I can’t freak out…”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Twilight was on her way to meet her zebra friend Zecora today for their weekly tea time. “I am glad Zecora and I have this weekly tradition,” she said to herself. “It gives me something to look forward to every week.” Twilight was happily trotting along the marked path to the hut of her friend, until she heard a scream. It was a scream of terror, she knew that much, but she didn’t know who it was from. ‘I should probably go check out who that was,’ Twilight thought to herself as she galloped with a purpose to the origin of the scream.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

‘Why did I scream, now somebody is bound to come and try and find me,’ Evening Glow thought to herself.

“Hello, is anypony there?” came a voice from some trees, a voice that Evening Glow recognized, but she was too afraid to acknowledge that she knew the voice.

‘Crap,’ Evening Glow thought to herself. ‘I gotta hide.’ And with that thought, she jumped into some bushes away from the voice that she heard. She then proceeded to make an opening in the bushes so she can see who it was in the trees that came over to check on her.

After about two minutes, a unicorn with a purple coat and purple hair with a pink highlight came out of the trees. Evening Glow knew this unicorn from somewhere, she just didn’t know where. “Hello? Are you in the bushes?” the purple unicorn said as she walked towards the bush that Evening Glow was hiding in.

“Eep,” Evening Glow squealed and then the purple unicorn stopped in her tracks.

“It’s fine if you’re scared to come out, I understand,” the purple unicorn said. “But, I could help you easier if you came out of those bushes and came to town with me.”

‘I feel like I should trust her,’ Evening Glow thought and decided to walk out of the bushes and confront the purple unicorn. At that moment, she got a good look of the unicorn, especially her cutie mark, which looked like one big star with some stars around it. “I know who you are, you’re Twilight Sparkle!”

“You know who I am?” Twilight asked with a questioning look on her face.

“Umm… Uh…” Evening Glow stammered. ‘Crap,’ she thought to herself. ‘I can’t let her know about the show.’

“It’s fine, a lot of ponies know who I am,” Twilight said. Evening Glow sighed, dodging the bullet for now. “So,” Twilight continued. “What is a pegasus like you doing in the Everfree Forest all alone?”

“I just kind of… appeared here,” Evening Glow said, putting on her best poker face.

“Well, we might as well get you into town. You look really hungry.”

Evening Glow was about to protest, until her stomach deceived her with a loud roar. She just nodded and the two ponies started their trek to the town of Ponyville. On the way, Evening Glow decided that her life as Brad had long since been left behind. As they entered the town, they were abruptly stopped by the local pink party pony, Pinkie Pie.

“Hey Twilight, ohmigosh, I figured out what spell you should try next. It’s one where you can turn food into other food. Like turning a cake into a bunch of cupcakes! Oh, I also figured out how to bake hot sauce into cupcakes! Now the cupcakes taste amazing! Oh, who’s this? I’ve never seen her before and I know everypony and I mean everypony in…” Pinkie went on until Twilight yelled her name.

“PINKIE!” Twilight shouted, now having the party pony’s attention. “This is… actually, I never even asked for her name. What is your name?”

“My name…” Evening Glow thought for a minute. “My name is Evening Glow.”

“Hi there! I’m Pinkie Pie. Oooh, I just had the best idea for your ‘Welcome to Ponyville’ party!”

“That’s nice of you, but I don’t really want a party,” Evening Glow said. ‘What am I saying, an old fashion Pinkie Pie Party would be amazing… but I probably need to find out how I came here and how I turned into a pony.’

“Aww! Everypony needs a welcome party! An amazing party is very welcoming, in my opinion.”

“Actually, Twilight, can you take me to the local library?” Evening Glow began. “I need to research something really important.”

“Sure,” Twilight said. “Down this way.”

The duo left the party pony to her randomness and trotted to the Ponyville Public Library. Once there, Evening Glow got down to business.

“Twilight, I needed to tell you about this in private, with no other ponies around. I know you’d understand, but I don’t know about any other ponies,” Evening Glow began.

“The ponies in this town will understand. I bet if you gave them a chance…” Twilight started but got interrupted by Evening Glow.

“No, they won’t understand what I’m about to tell you,” Evening Glow said and motioned for Twilight to sit down. Once they were both sitting on the floor of the tree library, Evening Glow told Twilight everything.

“I’m not from your universe. I’m from a universe where there are people instead of ponies. In this world, your world and all the ponies that inhabit it are fictional. I don’t know how I got here, why I’m here, I don’t even know whether or not there is somebody in my body walking around in my life. Now you know everything…” Evening Glow finished with a sigh and a sad look.

“Hey, don’t be sad,” Twilight said. “You’re here, and you seem happy with being in this world. That’s all that matters.”

Evening Glow smiled and wiped away a tear. “Thanks, Twilight,” she said. “Can I stay here for a while, at least, until I can get my own house?”

“You can stay here as long as you’d like,” Twilight said with a welcoming smile. “Now, I know what’d cheer you up.”

Twilight opened the door and in flew Pinkie Pie. “A PARTY!” Pinkie shouted with joy in her voice as she let loose her party cannon and covered the library in party decorations.




After about three hours of partying with Pinkie and some of the townsfolk, Evening Glow felt more and more welcome in the small town. At the party, she got a ton of welcomes as well as a chance of getting to meet some of the ponies that, as Brad, she could only imagine meeting. She made some friendships and she became comfortable with all the different ponies in town. At about two o’clock in the morning, the party ended almost too soon.

“Thank you for such a great party, Pinkie!” Evening Glow said.

“No problem, Glow! Have a good night!” Pinkie said as she left the tree library.

“Yeah, see y’all round, Glow,” AppleJack said with a tip of her brown Stetson.

“It was a pleasure meeting such a pony with an insightful mind for fashion,” Rarity said as she was leaving. “You should have a cutie mark for fashion instead of the one you have now.”

“Thanks Rarity, and bye AJ,” Evening Glow said as the ponies were walking out the door.

“Yeah, you’re a pretty cool pony, Glow. We should go flying sometime,” Rainbow Dash said as she trotted out the door.

“I’ll have to take you up on that,” Glow said with a competitive look in her eyes.

“Umm… it really was nice to meet you… you are pretty knowledgeable about animals,” Fluttershy said quietly, but loud enough that Evening Glow could hear her.

“It was nice to meet you as well, Fluttershy. I hope to hang out more often,” Glow said with a smile.

“You’re a very nice pony, Glow,” said Bon-Bon as she was walking with Lyra at her side.

“Yeah, you’re a pretty open-minded individual,” Lyra said.

“Well, I love and tolerate everypony equally. But, yeah, you guys are a really cute couple,” Glow said as the couple walked out.

“Yeah, you’re pretty nice. You seem like you’ve known everypony before you came here,” Derpy said, her daughter, Dinky, on her back sleeping.

“Nah, I’m just a good judge of character,” Glow said with a smile.

“You’re nice, but I feel like you’re not telling the whole truth,” Clockwork (or The Doctor as Evening Glow knew him by) said.

“Well, neither are you, Doctor,” Glow whispered, with a smirk at The Doctor’s expression at hearing his name being said by someone other than his assistant.

After all the guests were gone and Glow had said her individual good-byes to them all, she and Twilight were all alone. “Well, I’m going to get some sleep. See you in the morning,” Twilight said with a smile.

“Yeah, bed sounds good right about now,” Glow said, feeling the party have its effect on her. “Oh yeah, Twilight. Please don’t tell the Princess about what I told you. She might want to experiment on me or something weird like that.”

“Wouldn’t dream of it,” Twilight said as she walked up to her room.

With a sigh of relief, Evening Glow went to the guest bedroom to sleep. As soon as her head hit the pillow, she fell into a deep sleep that couldn’t be interrupted by an earthquake.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Far away, in the capital city of Canterlot, Princess Celestia was looking over her kingdom. Down there, amongst the sleeping ponies that were far away in their dreams, was some sort of creature powerful enough to create a rift large enough for something to drop from another universe. Whether or not that thing was dangerous or not was up to her and her years of experience.

“Sister,” came the voice of the Princess of the Night, Luna. “Thou needs to sleep to be at full strength to raise the sun in the morrow. What hath thou awake so late, sister?”

Celestia felt that she didn’t need to worry her younger sibling, but she wouldn’t be kept out of the loop for long. “Early this morning, right after I had raised the sun to start the day, there was a surge of a powerful magic,” Celestia informed her sister. “This magic was powerful enough to cause a rift and allow something from another universe into our own. It opened near the Everfree Forest, so I sent some of the Elite Royal Guard to go and investigate.”

“We- I will protect the night, thou has to rest,” Luna told her sister. Celestia was reluctant at first, but eventually gave in. “Get rest, sister. I will protect the night.”

“I trust you, Lulu,” Celestia said with a smirk as Luna’s face distorted at being called her old nickname from their foalhood. Celestia left the tower on the top of the Canterlot Royal Castle to go to her bedroom. It was modest, for a princess’s bedroom, with a large bed in the far corner of the room, an oak desk with a scatter of scrolls both empty and completely filled front and back and inkwells both full and empty, and a fireplace with pillows around it where she normally read the letters from her student, Twilight, and her friends. Whatever happened in the Everfree Forest today, she would eventually need to tell her student about it, but for now she was going to sleep.