• Published 30th Oct 2018
  • 437 Views, 14 Comments

One Bad Apple - The Blue EM2



A hairdresser in New York gets more than he bargained for.

  • ...
6
 14
 437

Bad Hair Day

It was a typically slow day in Manhattan. Brian Smith had got back from work, and was hopping onto the subway to do some shopping for food. This was a fairly standard procedure for him, but little did he realise that this would be the worst subway trip of his life.

He was quick to notice some of the passengers were looking at him strangely, with perplexed expressions on their faces. It was soon clear what they were looking at, as a close examination in the window of the subway car showed his hair was starting to get longer. Not only that, it was now pink with magenta highlights!

“What the?” he said. This surely wasn’t possible! He knew enough about hairstyling to know that hair didn’t simply change colour suddenly!

“What an odd colour,” commented a passenger nearby.

“Maybe it’s a new fashion?” somebody else suggested.

“Well, it wasn’t like that a moment ago!” added a third passenger.

He also noted his eyes had changed to a bright spring green. Some of the fringe of his new hair had started to get into his eyes, causing him to blow it away temporarily before it fell back into its usual position.

Suddenly, the world started to get larger around him, and before he knew what was happening, he couldn’t hear a thing! Just as abruptly has his hearing had disappeared, his hearing returned, just everything was very loud. A quick inspection revealed a pair of pony ears had sprouted on top of his head, and turned light tan. The new ears could pick up everything that was being said, as they rotated like giant RADAR dishes atop his skull. One middle-aged woman asked if his parents knew he was out alone on the subway, but Brian was more alarmed by the fact there were holes in the top if his skull.

Some of the passengers, unable to resist the urge to stick it on the internet, brought out their cell phones to record the reactions. Nobody saw it, but Brian sure felt it, as what felt like a brush burst out of his backside and slid onto the side of his hip. The feeling of it was enough to make his face go red.

At that point, Brian looked like a 12-year old boy with pony ears, a tail, and the ridiculous hair that made it impossible to see where he was going. He needed to get off the subway at the next stop before anything worse happened.

And happen it did.

Fur erupted all across his body, turning a light tan colour as it did so. Some freckles appeared on his cheeks, as the bones in his cheeks and nose cracked and broke apart, reforming in a new shape as his face stretched into a slight muzzle. Several of his teeth abruptly flattened, like those of an omnivore. He was barely recognizable as human by this point, but the changes only got worse.

Brian audibly groaned as his manhood receded into his body, and to add insult to injury her nipples swelled into a pair of breasts. Not massively large, but still noticeable.

Her voice abruptly rose in pitch, to the point it suddenly sounded like that of a young female. Another shot of pain blasted through her body as her toes shrank into her feet, followed by her legs gaining muscle mass to support her weight. She still had her hands, which was a small mercy, but they had shrunk in size, and were covered in the same fur that covered the rest of her body.

The train came to a stop. Brian threw her hood up, and ran for the door, lumbering across the platform with all the grace of a stampeding elephant.

“Watch it!” shouted a passenger, whom she bashed into. He had been carrying a box of doughnuts, and the contents fell all over the floor, making a frightful mess.

“Sorry!” she replied. Not only had her voice got higher, but it was now a distinctive Bronx accent. She charged for the bathroom, brushing past a policeman.

This simply made the problem worse, as the policeman was searching for a hooded graffiti artist, and simply switched directions.

“Stop!” he shouted, going into hot pursuit.



Brian ran through the door for the female WC, slamming it behind her and pulling her hood down to take a look. What she saw horrified her. Where once a human being had been was simply a horselike freak. Ears, a tail, and even a muzzle made that clear enough to her.

“What the fuck?” she asked, quietly. “This isn’t even possible!”

The policeman smashed down the door. “Freeze!” he shouted. “Put your hands on your head!”

Brian complied, and turned around, showing the freak she was to the cop. His jaw fell in shock.

“Where did you escape from?” he asked, confused. “Right, this way, we need to get this cleaned up, pronto!”

It wasn’t long before the poor girl was in cuffs, and being driven across the city to the Police station nearby.



It didn’t even occur to her that people had filmed the entire incident on their phones. Even worse, the MTA had footage of the entire incident on their CCTV system, and it wasn’t long before a brony had spotted it and copied it over to a hard drive.

But Brian didn’t have that to worry about. Sat in a chair in the lobby of the police station, she was on show to all who walked through. Some of the police, and indeed the public, took interest, either assuming her to be some sort of cosplayer or an escapee from some freaky science experiment.

But one girl was more observant. “Look mommy!” she called, as the Police handed back her stolen bike. “It’s Babs Seed!”

The mother looked unconvinced. “I suspect that somebody dressed up as her.”

“No,” Brian said, angry. “My name is Brian Smith. I’m a hairdresser, and was a human until about an hour ago. You gotta help me.”

“Sorry, we can’t stay,” said the mother.

As they walked away, Brian began to despair. “No!” she cried. “You can’t leave me! I’ll go insane if I don’t get help! I don’t deserve this! HELP ME, PLEASE!!!”

“Pipe down!” shouted a policeman.

Brian put her head in her hands, and sobbed. Her mind cast back in time to yesterday, when this whole mess began...

Author's Note:

Hello!

I hereby join the Anthros of Harmony writing team, adding Babs Seed to the action. With thanks to kwr2k13 for the transformation.

This story will progress as and when I have time, and if the other writers can fill in the details.

See ya!