• Published 2nd Nov 2018
  • 445 Views, 0 Comments

Rainbow Dash's new pet - Robert Emerald Fountain

  • ...
 0
 445

Rainbow spreads the news

Dr. Fauna examined the egg, and determined that it would be a girl. Then Rainbow took the egg home and followed Celestia's instructions on how to incubate the egg.

"You are not going to believe this.", Rainbow told her friends. "I am going to have a pet phoenix."

"How is that possible? You don't know where there is a nest.", asked Rarity.

Spike chimed in, "Peewee apparently mated with Philomena, and she laid an egg. Celestia gave it to her."

Twilight was wide eyed, because she did not expect to hear that.

"I suggest naming her Starfire.", said Fluttershy.

Rainbow accepted the idea and agreed. She went to Wonderbolt practice on her normal schedule and performed for many ponies while she waited for the hatching. Spitfire was intrigued at what Dash would name her phoenix.

"Fluttershy must have had a great idea for you.", she said.

Rainbow agreed, and told her parents about it. They requested that she send them a picture from the day that her phoenix hatched. She agreed, and sent a letter to Celestia, saying that she would give Starfire back temporarily. This way, Peewee and Philomena could feed her to the point that she could leave her parents. Celestia agreed with that plan, because hatchlings usually prefer to be fed and cared for by their parents.