• Published 24th Oct 2018
  • 3,901 Views, 358 Comments

Kamen Rider Achilles - Axle the Cobalt Exorcist



Magical mosnters have shown up around canterlot high and its up to the mystrus masked hero to stop them

  • ...
5
 358
 3,901

Ride 12: Diamond Dogs

Many years ago.

In a room, blinds drawn, a young child was wrapped in a blanket. The door opened to allow Glint Phoenix to enter. “Flashy, are you alright?” she asked. The lump of blankets moved around but there was no response. Glint let out a depressed sigh as she walked to the bed and sat down. “I know you have been having a tough month. Your father walking out can’t be easy on anyone.”

“Why does this have to happen?” A young Flash Sentry asked as he came out from under his covers.

Glint was silent for a moment as she thought of how to handle this loaded question. “That’s hard to say,” was the best she could come up with. She could see that Flash was upset and didn't have the words that could help.

“What’s going to happen now?” He asked.

Glint still didn’t know what to say. She didn't even know what was next for her family. The only thing she had on her mind was trying to get her kids threw this. “I have a present for you,” she stated in an attempt to distract her son

This got Flash’s attention. Glint took out an old Cassette Player and a tape. “What is it?” He asked.

“It's a Cassette player, an older way of playing music,” His mother answered. “Music is a powerful thing. It can make you feel things normal words can’t. I hope this tape, in particular, shows you that you are not the only one who is scared about not knowing what’s next.” All of a sudden she could hear a baby crying in the next room. “Oh no, your brother woke up,” Gilt quickly left the room.

Flash looked as the tape player. He figured out how it worked and placed the Cassette into the player. Once he put in the headphones he pressed play.


Present-day

“Hey Twilight, I didn't know you went to Equestria Land with Flash,” Sunset told her. She was sitting with Twilight at the diner and was showing her her social media feed on her phone. “I wish you would tell us you were going.”

“Yeah,” Twilight responded as she scratched the back of her head. “It was kind of an interesting set of circumstances behind that,” she replied with a laugh.

“Dang it!!!” Flash yelled out, interrupting the two. He was in a booth next to the girls with his laptop. He was not happy, as indicated by him slamming his fist on the table. “Pinkie, grilled cheese!” Pinkie acknowledged as she skated into the kitchen.

This outburst caught the attention of everyone in the dinner which was just Trixie and the girls. They all came over to see what all the comparison was about. “Why so angry, Flash?” Rainbow asked.

“I was hoping to get concert tickets and they sold out,” Flash explained.

“Who’s playing?” Sunset asked.

“Sapphire Shores? Countess Colatura?” Fluttershy added.

“If it’s Rara, I think I can help,” Applejack continued.

“No it’s my hero, Ziggy Stardust,” Flash answered. “He’s getting up there in age but he can still play like no other. He’s the guy that got me to be a musician.”

“Ziggy Stardust?" Rarity raised an eyebrow, "never heard of him.”

“ I think I’ve heard of him," Rainbow thought for a moment. "My dad listens to him all the time."

“Well maybe there's another way to get tickets,” Fluttershy suggested.

Flash took her advice and started to type on his computer. His mind was so focused on getting tickets to the concert that he didn't even notice Pinkie had delivered his order. After only a few minutes he found something. “Hey, it looks like the radio station has the tickets as a prize in a contest.” Flash quickly got up, grabbed the sandwich, left a few bills, and ran out without so much as a goodbye. He was in such a rush that the girls were able to hear his bike peel out of the parking lot from inside the dinner.

“I guess I’ll hold on to his laptop till he realizes he forgot it,” Trixie took his seat. She decided to take a look at the article Flash was reading.

“Trixie," Twilight frowned, "you shouldn't look at his stuff without his permission."

“I’m just looking at what Flash is in for,” Trixie responded as she kept reading. “Like the fact the contest is for teams of two. I'm guessing he didn't read that part since he ran out without asking any of us to help.”

“Should we call him?” Pinkie asked.

“Naw," Trixie crossed her arms, "did you see the look in his eyes? He won't stop till he gets to the radio station.”


Terra was standing on the roof of the abandoned hospital.

He was in the middle of throwing rocks at the birds who were in his immediate area. “Yeah," he yelled, "you better fly away. I don't want to see any of you rats with wings around here anymore!”

Cypher was sitting by the door, watching his friend till the door opened. “Can you be any louder, Brick Head!” Starlight complained as she walked up to her fellow Advansed. “What is your problem anyway? They're just a bunch of dumb birds.”

“Oh, you don't know them like I do. You haven't seen the horrors I have,” Terra explained.

Starlight rolled her eyes at him. “I don't have time for your stupidity today. Do you have any plans on defeating the Rider?”

“Not really. I'm just planning to do this all day,” Terra threw more rocks at the birds above him.

Starlight shook her head and turned to Cypher. “And what about you? I would think you would be doing something productive. After all, you're basically Kirogiri’s pet,” She commented.

“I am no one’s pet,” Cypher snapped back as he stood up. “You're not our superior? The Doctor is the only one I answer to. He’s why you're not a vegetable and I suggest you show him the respect he deserves,” Cypher stated as he stared Starlight down.

“Kirogiri has my gratitude for my life but we might as well be equals when it comes to research,” Starlight says as she returns Cypher’s look. “The Doctor won't be able to move forward without my assistance.”

“That may be what you think but in the grand scheme of things, you, me, and Terra are all equals,” Cypher replied. “And as a matter of fact, I have been working. I found a host this morning. It wouldn’t be hard for the magi-beast to become whole in no time.”

“Oh boy, a new friend,” Terra cheered excitedly.

“And the Rider?” Starlight asked.

“I’m keeping an eye on him,” Cypher answered. He turned around to walk towards the roof entrance.


“Double dang it!” Flash yelled out. When he got to the radio station there was a table set up with a signup sheet.

“Sorry son, but that isn’t much I can do. This contest is meant for teams of two,” explained the man at the table. He was dressed in a number four shirt and a pair of blue sunglasses. “I don’t know what I can tell ya.”

Flash walked away, devastated. There were a lot of people who showed up, but they all looked like they were already teamed up. It was beginning to look slim for Flash to enter the contest. “Maybe I can ask one of the girls,” Flash thought out loud until he heard a female voice.

“Come on, I need to go to this concert. I wanted to see Ziggy live for the longest time,” the voice complained.

Flash turned around to find a girl with gray skin and short pink hair. She has a black leather jacket with pins all over it as well as a plaid skirt and dark pink knee-high boots. The symbol on her shirt was a star with two lighting bolts coming off it. The girl in question was pleading with a team of older men and women.

“I don’t think they allow trios in this contest,” the man explained.

“Dang it!” The girl exclaimed.

“You need a partner too?” Flash called out.

The girl turned around to see Flash walking up. “Really? You’d help me out?” The girl asked.

“Of course. I want to see Ziggy live as well,” Flash performed a second of air guitar. “The name’s Flash.”

“Holly Holly,” The girl introduced herself.

“Holly twice?” Flash asked.

“Yeah, weird name but you can just call me by the one Holly,” the girl smiled. The two shook hands and soon entered the contest as a team.

After a few moments, the man at the table got onto a microphone to speak to the crowd. “Attention everyone, the contest is about to begin!” The man announced to get everyone’s attention. “The contest is going to be a treasure hunt. You will all need to solve riddles and find clues hidden all over town. The first team to find the last secret location with all the clues will be the winner."

All the teams were given a piece of paper with their first clue. “You’ll find your next clue at the shop you can take a rest while taking notes,” Holly read aloud. She didn't know how to interpret the clue.

Flash thought about it for a moment before he figured it out. “The only place that can be is that furniture/office supply store," Flash tried to remember the name, eventually snapping his fingers. "Quills and Sofas.”

“That is an odd combination of businesses,” Holly commented.

“Yeah," Flash nodded, "but it’s where our next clue is." He led her over to his bike and the two quickly drove off, both hoping Flash was right about their location.


The two got to the store and began looking for the next clue and after a few minutes, they found their next clue between the cushions of a sofa.

The clues sent the team all over the town. They went from the movie theater to the conventions store before arriving at Sugarcube Corner. Holly was so amazed by the cafe that she was too distracted to help Flash. “Come on Holly," Flash told her. "We need to figure out this next clue or else we’ll lose our lead.” He turned his focus back on the riddle. “The middle of the green in a pool of blue. Where all paths lead to.”

Holly wasn't really paying attention as she watched Mrs.Cake serve a customer a fantastical looking cupcake. “Oh my," Mrs.Cake giggled. "You look like you've never seen pastry before.”

“Never anything like this,” Holly responded.

“Holly?” Flash asked. He walked up to his partner and saw a child-like wonder in his eyes. “Honestly you haven't lived till you had one of the Cake’s sweets.” Flash pulled out his wallet, “Why don't I get you something while you help out with the clue.”

Holly looked at the clue on the piece of paper before she put the pieces together. “I think this might be the park fountain,” Holly guessed.

Mrs.Cake handed Flash a colorfully decorated milkshake. “The park isn’t far from here. We could walk there faster than on my bike,” Flash mentioned.

“Those tickets are as good as ours,” Holly cheered as she took the milkshake. She took a sip of her drink and was amazed by the flavor. “OMG, I have never had anything like this before.” This caused Flash to raise an eyebrow.

“You say you're from Canterlot but you've never been to Surgercube Corner. I find that hard to believe.”

“I haven't had the easiest of childhoods,” Holly replied.

“Oh," Flash frowned, "you don't need to talk about it if you don’t want too."

“Oh, I didn't mean to bring anything up. Also, It wasn’t all bad. It did give me a chance to learn guitar."

“That’s awesome. You gotta meet my band. Maybe we can have a jam session.” Flash felt like he was starting to get excited.

“You have a band?" Holly asked with a smile. "That's awesome.”

All of a sudden Flash’s phone went off. He looked to see that it was a news report. People are saying that a monster, most likely a magi-beast was comparing across the roads leading out of town. The last post says the monster is not far if he uses his bike. He looked at Holly and began to go over his options.

“Hm, what's going on?” Holly asked.

“Oh it's just a family emergency,” Flash got out with a calm face. “Hey, do you think you can find the next clue without me? I should be able to take care of this real quick.”

Holly nodded with a smile, “I think I can handle finding a clue in the park."

“Good to hear,” Flash then rushed out the door.


Along a road entering the town of Canterlot, a limousine was being led by a police squad car.

Within the limousine, Shining Armor was sitting nervously. “I hope you don't mind the police stepping in for some extra security," he quickly explained to his co-passenger. "After all, Canterlot has been a bit of a dangerous state lately.”

“I Don’t mind at all. In fact, all of the news here is what made me want to have one of my concerts here,” a man responded with an accent. Sitting in the back of the limo was a man with pearl white skin and bright red hair in a stylish brown button-down shirt. He had a pale lighting bolt over his left eye that looked a bit duller than his right. “After all, I love seeing people being dangerous.”

“I understand that Mr.Stardust…” Shining started.

“No need to be so formal when it's just the two of us," the rock star interrupted with a friendly smile. Just Ziggy will suffice.”

“Alright Ziggy,” Shining continued. “I can understand wanting to see the strange creatures in the flesh but the Police are hoping not to have any incidents.”

“I understand that but it would be nice to be pleasantly surpris-." He didn't get to finish as all of a sudden, the driver braked abruptly.

Looking out the front window Shining saw that traffic was in a standstill. “Hey, what's going on out there?” Shining asked into his radio.

“I don't know," the officer in the squad car replied on the other end of the call. "Reports say it's a pileup.”

Soon the car shook and a loud crash was heard. Looking outside, Shining saw that it was something very furry standing on the crumpled hood of the car. “Looks like you're getting your pleasant surprise.' Shining pulled out his gun before turning to Ziggy, “stay inside. It may get hairy.”

He stepped out of the car and pointed the gun at where he saw the monster, hoping to get a better look at it. It was a large werewolf with glowing yellow eyes. It was dressed in what looked like a short blue robe. A chain was wrapped around his left arm and holding a spiked ball it was connected to in the other. “Let's rock!” The monster howled as he threw the spike ball at Shining. The officer rolled out the way only for the monster to swing the chain around to hit him only for the road to be torn up. The Magi-Beast pulled back to catch the spike ball. “I hope you're prepared, cause the true star is here. And his name is Rock-n-Rover!" He ended that sentence with a howl on the final R.

“Good to know," Shining cocked his pistol. "It'll save me time when I book ya!” With that, Shining opened fire on the monster. Rock-n-Rover used his spike ball to block the bullets before jumping up high and then falling. Shining ran before the monster could smash his Spike Ball into the ground, causing a shockwave that knocked him down.

“Oh my," Ziggy whispered as he peeked outside. "So this is one of the monsters that have been showing up.”

Rock-n-Rover turned to the rockstar with a toothy grin. “So your Ziggy Stardust. I heard you were a cool cat,” the monster cackled before pulling his chain tight and growling. “I hate cats!” With that, he started swinging his spike ball around and throwing it.

Ziggy ducked back into the car. But before the weapon could hit, it was knocked off course by a bolt of energy. Jumping over the pile-up was Achilles, riding the Machine Balius and his blaster in hand. When the bike landed, it skidded on the ground till it stopped just in front of Shining. “Are you ok?” Achilles asked.

“I am now that you're here,” Shining answered.

“Thanks for keeping things together until I got here," Achilles jumped off his bike. "You may have noticed, but traffic was awful.” Pointing his blaster at the monster, Achilles ran towards him before opening fire. Rock-n-Rover was also closing the gap between the two as he used his spinning chain as a shield.


Holly followed Flash’s instructions and found the fountain in the park. She looked all over the place and found nothing. “Oooooh, where is this clue?” She asked in her frustration. She sat down on the lip of the fountain to ponder till it hit her. She looked behind her to see a bunch of capsules in the water. “Bingo.”

She reached in and pulled one out, opened it and read the clue. “The Grand Finale will be held where the Starman first landed.” Holly tried to crack this, but it only got more frustrated. She looked over to see another team running towards her. Things were not looking good for her chances to win


Achilles dodged the flying spike ball and fired several bolts at Rock-n-Rover.

The monster needed to hold up his hand to block and Achilles used this opportunity to run up to punch him right in his face. The monster was sent rolling backward but recovered and threw his chain. It wrapped around the rider to bind him. “Hahaha, It's time for my smash hit!” Rock-n-Rover howled as he readied his fist.

Too bad for the monster, he was interrupted by two shots to the back.

Turning around, The monster saw Shining was pointing his gun at him with the barrel smoking. He then glanced down to see the bullets that bounced off his hide. “Dang it! That hurt! I hope feeling like a hero was worth it, cause now I'm gonna pound your face into the pavement!”

“Protecting people is my job,” Shining stated as he threw his gun to the side. He quickly reached to his belt and pulled out a baton that extended with a flick of his wrist. “So if you want to hurt that guy, you're gonna have to get thrown at me first.”

“Oh, you're in for it now!” Rock-n-Rover barked.

That small distraction gave Achilles the chance to pull out an Element Card, slotting it into the driver.

“OK!”

“G-G-G-GLAMOR!!!”

Achilles’ armor changed and the drones came off the shoulder pads.

The drones opened fire on the monster who ended up letting go of the chain. Now freed, the rider sent out the drones to distract the monster to allow Achilles to kick him back. Rock-n-Rover tried to grab onto his chain but Shining came from behind and whacked him on the head with his baton.

“Ahhhh! I've had it!” Rock-n-Rover yelled before he began to punch the ground. A dust cloud formed before it cleared and the monster was replaced by a hole.

“He got away,” Shining pointed out. “I'm going to get every patrol on the lookout for this creep.” He pulled out his radio.

“I really owe ya,” Achilles saluted as the drones returned to his shoulder pads. “The fact you were willing to stand up to a monster like that is amazing. Most people would have just run.”

“I took an oath to protect the people of this town. You may have that fancy armor but that doesn't mean I can’t lend a hand. My sister isn't the only one in the family that can kick some butt.”

“My, oh my," the two turned to see Ziggy step out of the car. "So you're the mysterious mask man who appears with the monsters. You put on quite the performance there.” Achilles’ eyes lit up under his helmet as the rock star approached him.

“I-I-It was nothing,” He was glad his helmet hid his face, since it would be so embarrassing or his idol to see him blush.

“Well, I really appreciate it." Ziggy patted his shoulder. "I don't know why that thing was gunning for me, but I don't need to worry with you around.”

“If anything happens to you, your fans would be destroyed,” the rider responded before saying thoughtlessly. “I know I would.” He slapped a hand over his mouth, forgetting he had a helmet between the two.

“Oh," Ziggy commented with a smile as he brought a hand to his chin, "so you're a fan. Well, that's flattering,”

“Well, it shouldn't be that surprising. A lot of people love your music, in fact, many may see you as their hero, why should I be any different,” Achilles answered as he scratched the back of his hand.

“Um...Ziggy,” Shining side as he put a hand on the rock star’s shoulder. “I think we should get going.”

“Can it wait one moment? I’m kinda in the middle of something,” Ziggy responded.

Soon a ringing filled the air. Achille pulled out his phone to see it was a text from Holly.

Hey! You better not have ditched me. I’ll be waiting at the park.

“I really need to get going too,” Achilles stated as he ran to his bike. “It was an honor to meet you, Ziggy Stardust.” With that, his bike tire skid along the ground before he shot off down the street.

“Well, that's a shame,” Ziggy sighed as he watched the rider drive away.

“Um, Ziggy, are you coming?” Shining asked.

Ziggy turned around and walked to the squad car. “Hey, do you mind if we take a bit of a detour?” He asked.


Flash found Holly to meet back up with her. “Where have you been?” Holly asked when she finally saw Flash. “I had to figure out the last clue on my own and now we’re falling behind.”

“I’m sorry, there was stuff I ended up getting tied up,” Flash apologized.

“Do you even want to win this contest?” Holly exploded.

This outburst caught Flash off guard. “Wow, wow, wow," he held his hands up defensively. "No need to snap at me. I want to go to the concert too.”

“I need to go to this concert. It's all I've ever wanted,” Holly almost screamed with tears forming in her eyes.

“Is-is something wrong?” Flash asked.

“It's just,” Holly started before sitting down on a nearby bench. “Flash, I have been in the hospital for a long time. Ever since I was young I was mostly bedridden. I had a pretty nasty disease and it was only about a month ago that I recovered and was discharged.”

“Well, I’m glad you recovered,” Flash mentioned.

“My parents helped me through all the doctor examinations but what really helped was Ziggy’s music and the hope that I will see him perform live. That’s why I need to win this contest. Because-”

“Because his music helped you see you weren’t alone in his world. That the unknown may be scary but things will turn out alright,” Flash finished. Holly agreed as she whipped away her tears. “I get it. I kinda went through the same thing.”

“So, you understand why this is so important to me?” Holly asked.

“I do," Flash nodded with a smile. "And mark my words, I'm going to make it happen." He was more determined than ever to win this contest. Not just for Holly’s dream, but to make up for the fact that he met Ziggy without her.

“Thanks, Flash,” Holly smiled as she got herself together. “I think this is the last clue but I can't make heads or tales of it.” She handed him the piece of paper, Flash looking it over and mulled it around in his brain for a moment before his eyes lit up.

“I know exactly where to go,” He exclaimed before running off.

“Where?” Holly asked.

“No time! we have tickets to win!”


“Who does that rider think he is? Beating up such a good boy like you,” Terra scratched behind Rock-n-Rover’s ear. The monster had met up with Terra and Cypher in a secluded warehouse. the Advansed gave his doggo friend a nuzzle as he recovered from his defeat.

“How is your progress coming along?” Cypher asked.

“I came this close to sealing the deal,” Rock-n-Rover growled as he showed his thumb and index fingers almost touching. “But then that rider showed up. I almost had him too, but then that cop got in the way.”

“Kind of disappointing that you were blindsided by a powerless officer. I expected better from you,” Cypher commented.

“Hey don’t be mean to him,” Terra defended. He then proceeded to scratch under Rock-n-Rover’s chin. “My fwuffy wittle monster was trying his best to cause mass havoc. Yes, he was, yes he was.”

This was followed by Rock-n-Rover letting out a huge grin at all the attention he was getting.

Cypher was a bit put off by the affection Terra was giving his monster. Terra has always had an odd relationship with the Magi-beast and Cypher never really understood it. What he was seeing now was stranger than usual. It wasn’t long however that Cypher noticed a few energy wisps flying through the air and into the Magi-Beast.

Rock-n-Rover’s eyes flashed before he sprung up. “AWOOOOOOO!” He howled.

Both Cypher and Terra were surprised by this sudden outburst. “Looks like we had a spike with the host. Maybe all hope isn’t lost on this one,” Cypher remarked.

“Oh yeah, I’m feeling it now!” Rock-n-Rover yelled as he pulled his chain tight. He then sniffed the air and his grin grew bigger. “I got you now, Stardust!” He howled before he began to dig underground.


Flash’s bike whizzed around the corner at high speed. Holly was holding on to Flash for dear life as he kept pushing the accelerator. “Will you tell me where we’re going? I'd like to know before I get flung through the air at high speeds!”

“Think about the clue. In his early days, Ziggy had this huge space theme that he was even calling him the Starman. So where was his first concert held on his first tour?”

“It was Trottingham Planetarium,” Holly answered. “But that's in a different country?”

“Yeah, but Canterlot does have its own observatory. That has to be where the finish line is.”

“Dang it! I should have known."

The bike zoomed right up to the observatory, Flash parking the bike as Holly made a beeline into the building. She entered into a big room with all kinds of displays including a large statue of an ancient alchemist who legends said lived in the town thousands of years ago. As she ran, she saw the man from the radio station was there. “Did-did we make it?” She asked between a few heavy breathes.

The man looked at her with a somewhat sad expression through his sunglasses. “I'm sorry, but you scored second.”

“Holly!” Flash yelled as he entered the room. The teenage girl fell to her knees as Flash came to comfort her. “It’s going to be ok,” He started. He then began to see magical wisps started to come off of her. Flash instantly knew what this meant. “Triple dang it.”

The wisps flew out before going towards the ground. This was followed by cracks starting to form on the floor. Rock-n-Rover bruised from the ground howling. “YAAAAAAH!" The Magi-Beast roared. "Looks like I don't need to go after Stardust after all. Maybe I can use him as bait to get the rider then!" The monster was glowing with energy before he threw his spike ball into the air. The ball turned into energy before forming into a pair of spiked gauntlets on the Magi-Beast. “Call me Heavy Metal Rock-n-Rover now!” He announced before smashing his knuckles together. He then ran down a hallway, destroying everything in his path.

“Wait, why would he be here if he's looking for Ziggy. Oh, don't tell me,” Flash said to himself.

“What is that thing?” Holly asked.

“It’s a long story. Just run and get to safety,” Flash answered. Holly wasn’t going to argue with him and went running. Flash ran towards the Magi-Beast, driver in hand. 'This is really bad,' he thought to himself. 'There was no way I could have stopped this. I need to make things right.'

“Hey, you dumb mutt!” Flash yelled out. The hallway leads to a large room with stairs leading to the telescope.

“Ooooh, someone’s cheeky,” Rock-n-Rover laughed. He then sniffed the air and grinned. “Hmm, the scent of the rider is on you. Looks like I didn’t need to go far to crush you.”

“You cause a lot of trouble and I’m going to fix it,” Flash said as he pointed the Blaze Card at the Magi-Best. “If you want to rock, then let’s rock. Henshin!” he yelled before slotting the card into the driver.

“OK!”

“PASSIONS BURNING AT ONE THOUSAND DEGREES, CONSUMED BY THE FLAMES OF REBIRTH!”

“B-B-B-BLAZE!!!”

Flash’s body was covered in flames before his arm rose up and came down in one swift motion. The fire was dispelled revealing Achilles in his Blaze form, holding the Solar Sonic. He then played a few chords before pointing at the monster. “By the time this battle is over, I'm going to send you to Tartarus!” He proclaimed.

“Bring it!” Rock-n-Rover howled before charging at the rider. Achilles strummed his weapon so he sent out several bolts of fire at the Magi-Beast, which had little effect in slowing him down. Rock-n-Rover threw a punch at the rider but was blocked by the wide side of the Solar Sonic.

Achilles pushed back to get an opening to perform several underhand slashes with his weapon. He then switched to holding the weapon with two hands and continued the attack. Rock-n-Rover was forced back before catching the blade. “Not bad. But the world only has room for one superstar!” Rock-n-Rover growled before delivering an uppercut right to Achilles’ head. “I hope you enjoyed the show, cause there won't be any encore for you.”

Rock-n-Rover curled into a ball and began spinning like a tire spinning out. The spikes on his gauntlets almost made him look like he was mimicking his spike ball. He then took off, circling the rider as he picked up speed.

Achilles slowly propped himself up with his weapon. “Sorry to say, but you're not the top dog you think you are. Not only are you endangering my friend, but you also attacked my hero. You need to pay for what you did and that’s what I’m going to make sure you do.”

“We’ll see about that!” Rock-n-Rover yelled as he spun towards the rider. Achilles strum a chord on the weapons to cause ropes of flame to appear from the ground and bind the rolling monster down. “You think this is enough to stop me. I’ll bust through and bring this whole place down on you!”

“You're no superstar, you look more like a falling star!” With that Achilles pressed the button on his driver.

“BLAZING FEEDBACK!!!”

Flames radiated off the rider’s body before being concentrated onto his leg. He then ran towards the rolling spike ball and performed a roundhouse kick. Upon contact, a magical circle appeared and sent the monster flying. “Light'em up!” Achilles yelled out.

In a blaze, the monster was slammed into a wall. “This is no way for a superstar to go out!” Rock-n-Rover screamed before the flames consumed him and he burst into a fireball.

Achilles let out a large breath before transforming back to normal. “Well, that's one problem down. Now I need to figure out how to make it up to Holly.”


Emergency services came rushing to the observatory. Holly got out safely and was standing clear out of the way from danger. She was looking out to the sunset overlooking the whole city of Canterlot. “You're looking better,” Flash said as he came up next to her. He offered her a can of juice which she took and opened.

“Looks like this is all my fault,” Holly stated as she took a sip of the drink. “That crazy dog came from me and tried to hurt Ziggy. And that thing got stronger when I broke down. I heard the rider took care of him but still I caused problems.”

“Hey, you didn’t do anything. If anything this is my fault. I caused us to lose."

“But there was an emergency, you shouldn't have abandoned that on my account.”

“But your dream. Now you won't be able to see Ziggy after all these years of waiting.”

“Blimey! You two are going to go on forever with this whole pity party,” A voice said. The two turned to see Ziggy standing in front of them. Shining was standing not too far behind.

“Z-z-zzz-z,” was all Holly could get out when she saw him.

“Ziggy Stardust!” Flash finally finished for her, being equally starstruck.

“The one and only,” the rock star posed with a cheeky grin.

“Oh man, it's an honor." Flash was finally allowing his inner fan-free as he was no longer burdened with keeping up his rider persona. “But, um, why are you up all the way up here? Isn’t your show in a few hours?”

“It's a bit of a pre-show ritual that I get a good look at the starry night sky right when the sun goes down. Shining was kind enough to help me out by bringing me here. Too bad the place looks trashed thanks to that monster.”

He then walked up closer to the two. “My bodyguard over there explained to me how those Magi-beats or what you call 'em’ work,” He started with a quick point to Shining. “So you're the girl that bloke was draining like a battery,”

“Y-yes,” Holly got out from her fluster.

“Oh, that's pretty terrible. Losing a race and almost drained into oblivion by some two-bit mongrel. That’s no fate for a lovely girl like you. Especially since I heard it was your dream to see me perform. That Rider is something else,” Ziggy stated.

“Your music helped save my life when I was in the hospital,” Holly explained nervously.

“It helped me a lot too. Mr. Stardust,” Flash added.

“Just Ziggy,” Ziggy mentioned before he started to dig through his back pocket. “I'm happy my song could help you two. And considering the day you had, I feel I should return the favor. I'm sure these would be much better than some radio station could provide.” And in that moment, he pulled out two laminated badges with lanyards attached to them.

The two teen's eyes began to go wide before lash spoke up. “Are...are those?”

“Backstage passes!” Holly finished.

“Of course,” Ziggy answered with a smile. “I wanted to give them to that rider to thank him for saving my life, but I think he wouldn't mind it if you get them instead. Ya know, to make up for the ordeal you went through.”

“Oh, I’m positive the rider would be more than happy with your decision.” Flash tried to act as cool as possible, all the while a chibi version of him was dancing around in his brain before he hugged a chibi version of the rider.

“Um, Ziggy,” Shining stepped up and tapped on the rock star’s shoulder. “I Just got a call. You need to get back to the venue soon.”

“Hm I guess it’s about that time,” Ziggy told Shining before he led him to the car. “We’ll chat more after the show.”

As the two watch the squad car drive away, Holly gives Flash a surprise hug. “Thank you so much, Flash!” She cried.

“What are you talking about, I didn't do anything,” Flash replied.

“Honestly you're my first friend I’ve made after being released. And it's thanks to you that I made it through this crazy, crazy day,” Holly explained.

This brought a smile to Flash’s face. “Hey, it's just what I do,” was all he could think to say at the moment when Holly let go. “But tonight, we are going to rock!”

“Heck Yeah!!!” Holly followed as the two partook in a bit of air guitar.


The next morning, Shining walked into the office, a mug of coffee in hand. He let out a yawn as he got to his deck and logged into his computer, Preparing to do the most vital yet most tedious part of being an officer, Paperwork.

“Hey Shining, herd you were on bodyguard duty for Ziggy Stardust last night. Bet it was a pretty awesome show,” One of Shining’s fellow officers stated as he walked up to his desk to start some morning chit chat.

“I wouldn't know. When I got him to the stage I clocked out, could barely keep my eyes open on the drive home,” Shining answered.

“Understandable with what I heard.” The fellow officer then pulled out an envelope and threw it towards Shining’s keyboard. “That came in for you today. Looks pretty important,”

The officer walked away as Shining opened the envelope. As he read Shining was pretty surprised at what was held within.

Author's Note:

RIP David Bowie

this was a chapter i tied to take the most inspiration from music. i hope you guys are ready cause we are diving head first into plot next time.

Also thanks to Banshee531 who is an absolute Rock Star for editing.

As always leave a comment, let me know how im doing. feed back is very impotent to me