• Published 9th Jun 2019
  • 311 Views, 0 Comments

The few, the magical, the unturned. - megazero34



When the main six get a message from the most unlikey of places it begins a journy greater than any of them expected.

  • ...
 0
 311

Chapter 1: The transmission has been received.

Author's Note:

Sorry if some parts of the story are a bit contradictory with newer episodes, I have not had time to see the new ones but if you are still reading this then thank you and enjoy.
Also if I made any Typos then just let me know, thank you again.

Equestria, Outskirts of Ponyville, 5:25 PM
Location: Twilight's castle

"Twilight, Twilight? Where are you?" Starlight Glimmer was walking through the halls of Twilight's castle trying to find out where Twilight was.

"Twilight where are you?" Just then she heard a rather loud crashing sound come from the other end of the hallway. She trotted towards where she heard the sound trying to find it's source.

"Twilight, was that you?" Starlight called out as she approached the door where she assumed the noise came from. She tried opening the door but the knob wouldn't budge. She kept trying to open it, she shook the knob harder and harder until eventually, the door opened and she was buried in an avalanche of books, science equipment, scrolls, and parchment.

"Ahhhh!" She exclaimed, in both surprise and fear. It took her a couple of moments to realize what was going on but when she managed to get her bearings she dug her way out of the huge pile of books and trotted over the mountain of books to the doorway where they all fell from. When she entered the room the entire floor was covered in even more of the same items that completely engulfed her a few seconds ago.

"Starlight what are you doing in here?" It was twilight, she was working on something, Starlight couldn't tell what but it looked rather important. It had a similar shape to the portal that they used to enter the human world plus a rather bulky looking thing connected to it alongside countless wires, buttons, and other rather tall thin looking objects connected to the big bulky object. It looked very dark, cold, and metallic.

"Umm, Twilight, what is that?" She asked pointing to the object she examined just a few moments ago.

"Oh that, that's my latest and possibly greatest creation, in fact, I was about to go find you so I could show it to you."

"Alright, I understand that but...what is it?"

"Come on let me show you, I think I may have just made the next greatest scientific breakthrough Equestria has ever seen."

"Alright let's see what you made then."


Somewhere in the Baltic Sea off the coast of Russia, Liberator aircraft carrier, 5:26 PM
Location: ???

"Ma'am, We have received a transmission from Delta squad, It's a call for backup, what should we do?"

"Where was it sent from?"

"Moscow, ma'am"

"...Send Alfa squad to scout the area, if there are any survivors bring them back."

"Understood ma'am."


Equestria, Outskirts of Ponyville, 5:28 PM
Location: Twilight's castle

"So you're saying that you have managed to find a way to communicate with other ponies through this thing?" Starlight asked while pointing to the contraption that Twilight had been working on for however long.

"Yes and not only that but we will be able to see where they are at the same time which is why I have the portal connected to it."

"Alright let's see if it works" Twilight trotted over to the console and started to type in some numbers. She referred to them as "coordinates" but to Starlight, it was just a bunch of random numbers.

"Alright now the way I plan on testing this is by sending a transmission to the rest of our friends. You see I built 2 of these communicators which is what I call them at the moment until I can come up with a better name, and I left one of them at Applejack's. I told everyone else to head over there so that they could all see it finally working."

"So, if this works correctly we should be seeing them in the portal soon."

"Yep now I just need to put the last numbers in, and..." Just then the contraption roared to life, there were lights being sent in every direction all coming from the portal. A few seconds later and they saw it. It was applejack's family barn along with the rest of Starlight and Twilight's friends.

"it worked!"

Twilight exclaimed, over the next few minutes Twilight was making adjustments to the machine that she and Starlight were using to talk to the rest of her friends. They kept on discussing the incredible invention twilight had made while waiting for her to put the finishing touches on the machine when suddenly everypony, on both sides of the portal, heard something, disturbing.

*static* "MOVE MOVE MOVE!" "OPEN FIRE!" "WE NEED MOR- Gah!" *static* "Hello, Hello, is anyone out there? Does anyone read me? Please respond! No response I will have to send this out anyways. My name is Lieutenant Ozwald of an organization known as the Coalition. If anyone can hear me send help, my and my squad are stuck in the middle of Moscow. We got ambushed by a group of bandits known as the Rangers." *explosion* "Shit, that was way to close. Listen we are running out of ammo and weapons, we need help soon, if not sooner. If anyone reads me we need help, I repeat if anyone hears me plea- INCOMING!!" *explosion* *static*

"What in tarnation was that?" Applejack asked both confused and slightly afraid.

"It sounded like a message from somepony that was in danger" Twilight said.

"Yah but who sent it? I thought Applejack was the only other pony in Equestria to have one of these things other than you." Starlight said.

"And what were all those noises in the background, they sounded like fireworks were going off." Rainbow dash noted

"I don't know But I think we should find out, I will try and find out where the message came from." Twilight stated while messing with her newly built machine.

"If you all do not mind I need some time trying to figure this out?" Twilight said to her friends.

"Don't worry darling, we will let you work." Rarity said, with that, the connection between the 2 communicators were cut


Equestia, Outskirts of ponyville 6:31 PM
Location: Twilight's castle

"I think I have done it!" Twilight exclaimed to starlight as she burst into the hallway that Starlight was waiting in.

"WHA- huh, what happened?" Starlight exclaimed being being awoken from her slumber by Twilight's exclamation into the large empty hallway.

"I believe I figured out where the transmission came from, come look at this." Twilight said while re-entering the room with her communication device.

"So, where do you think that transmission came from?" Starlight asked while following Twilight through the door.

"I am not certain but based on what I did find out I think other ponies may have discovered this technology before we did." Twilight answered with a tinge of disappointment about how she would not be able to take credit for the invention.

"That would certainly be interesting, but how could somepony else have invented this technology before us and not let us know about it?" Starlight asked.

"That is a good question, how could an invention made to connect us be kept so secretive?" Twilight asked. "Well we will find out when we get in contact with whoever else has one of these." Twilight quickly stated getting ready to send another transmission to whoever else had this type of technology besides her other friends. Twilight began typing in the coordinates of her friends again and the new coordinates that she managed to track down from the strange transmission. The communicator roared to life again with magical energy surging through the wires and the portal starting to come back to life but this time felt different, it seemed to be taking more energy than the last test and the portal became even brighter than before it even began to shake slightly.

"Twilight is it supposed to do that?!" Starlight exclaimed with a mix of terror and wonder.

"I don't think so, this is only my second time using it!" Twilight shouted trying to make her voice audible over the sounds of rushing energy and the communicator shaking extremely violently. Shortly after stating that the machine just stopped moving, it sat there completely still, no energy flowing, no violent shaking, just the strange contraption sitting there.

"Is- is it over?" Staright asked rather shaken up by that strange show of lights and sounds.

"I- I think s-" But before twilight could even finish her statement the portal flashed with an extremely bright green light and as soon as the light appeared it was gone, replaced with a swirling void of green energy inside the portal frame.

"Wh- what is that?" Starlight again spoke pointing a hoof at the portal.

"It looks like a portal sort of like the one I used to enter the human world but, greener and less reflective." Twilight answered starting to approach the seemingly endless void of swirling green magic.

"Wait didn't you also set in the coordinates for Applejack's communicator as well?" Starlight asked realizing that the others may also have a portal on their end. Twilight gasped in both realization and a hint fright.

"You are are right, we have to go check on them and make sure that they do not go through the portal, we have no idea where it might go too!" Twilight galloped away as fast as her hooves could take her and starlight followed suit.


Equestia, Outskirts of ponyville 6:36 PM
Location: Apple family farm.

Twilight burst through the barn door short of breath looking around the room trying to see where her friends were. She moved her head from side to side scanning the room for her friends but to no avail. She saw no pony there, but she did see her invention, except the portal frame was completely empty. "No no no no no, please don't tell me they went through the portal!" twilight said mainly to herself.

"Twilight, what, happened?" Starlight asked her friend while trotting into the barn also short of breath.

"Starlight, there you are, look the portal frame is empty!" Twilight pointed to the portal frame that was currently empty. "I don't know why but the portal is not here, do you think they went through?" Twilight said starting to speak in her 'panic-attack' voice. "Oh Celestia, what if they went through, we have no idea where the portal leads, I hope they are safe, ohhhh what am I going to do?" Twilight kept speaking in her panicked voice while trotting back and forth trying to figure out a reason as to why the portal might be empty or as to where her friends went.

"Twilight calm down, they probably just went back to their houses, you were working on the communicator for almost an hour after-all." Starlight said trying to calm her friend down. Reasoning that her friends probably just got bored of waiting and left.

"I would agree with you Starlight but then where is the portal?" Twilight stated pointing at the empty frame again.

"Maybe A piece of hay just happened to fly in, or any other insignificant object just passed through and the portal shut on itself." Starlight said again trying to calm her friend's nerves.

"Well I am not willing to take that risk we are going back to the castle and finding out ourselves." Twilight said running out the barn door and heading back for her home.


Equestia, Outskirts of ponyville 6:38 PM
Location: Twilight's castle

Twilight burst through the doors of the room with the communicator inside and immediately noticed that the portal was still there so that ruled out the possibility that the portal disappeared on it's own over time. Twilight galloped up to the portal and inspected it even closer. She saw that nothing had changed, it had still swirled with the same deep shade of green magical energy. She could not decide whether to just toss herself in to check where to portal led to and if her friends went through. After-all what is the worst that could happen?

"Twilight!" The shouting of Starlight could probably be heard through out the entire castle. "Twilight, don't you dare go through that portal! We have no idea where it goes!" Starlight exclaimed while also galloping into the room Twilight was currently in.

"Starlight we have to at least check what is on the other side." Twilight said staring to get a bit hasty with the new possibility her friends might be on the other side of the mysterious portal. "We have to see what is on the other side as soon as possible."

"And we will, but we at least should prepare, come on we have to get some gear if we plan on going through, just on case." Starlight reasoned.

"I guess you are right, sorry if I am acting irrationally I just want to make sure everypony is safe."

"I do too but we have to prepare if we are going to go through the portal."

With that Starlight and Twilight went to their rooms to grab any items they believed they might have needed. Twilight gathered her basic science gear, and a plenty of food, plus a magical canteen guaranteed to stay full and clean. Starlight grabbed a few empty books to take some notes, more food, and another magical canteen for herself. With that the 2 ponies were prepared and returned to the communicator with the intent of going through the portal. "You ready for this Twi?" Starlight asked standing just inches away from the portal.

"Ready as I will ever be." Twilight stated prepared to go on a new adventure.

"Then let's go!" Starlight and Twilight both entered the portal at the same time after a flash and a swirling feeling everything went from the same dark green as the portal, to black, for both ponies.