• Published 13th Oct 2018
  • 1,926 Views, 102 Comments

Fairy Tales of Equestria - VioletRose13

  • ...
2
 102
 1,926

The Wizard of Neighs

Once upon a time on a small farm, there lived a young filly named Dorothy Belle. She lived with her Auntie Rare and her best friend, a baby dragon named Spike. Although Dorothy Bell was content with this life, she was also rather bored with it and she wanted excitement.

One fateful day, there was a horrible tornado coming and everypony had to get underground before it would hit. But Dorothy Belle couldn't get down to the basement with her aunt in time, she was looking for Spike who was hiding from the storm. Just when they were about to follow Auntie Rare into the basement, it was too late. The tornado hit the little house and it flew up into the air with Dorothy Belle and Spike still inside. And after a long time of spinning and flying, the house landed with a loud crash.

"Spike, are… are you okay?" Dorothy Belle asked, climbing out from under a collapsed sofa.

"I-I think so." Spike answered as he climbed off of a broken shelf. "Is it over?"

"Yeah… I think the tornado's gone." Dorothy replied.

"Thank goodness. For a minute there, I thought we were goners for sure." Spike sighed.

"Yeah. But… where are we?"

"I don't know. Maybe we should take a look and see where we landed."

"What if it's dangerous out there?"

"If there are really nice ponies out there, maybe they'll be kind enough to help us out."

"Oh, alright."

Spike opened the door and to their surprise, he and Dorothy Belle were staring out into a gorgeous and colorful landscape. They walked out the door and into the land while marveling at the sight, their eyes wide in awe.

"Spike, I don't think we're in Ponyville anymore." Dorothy Belle said, distracted.

"Ya think?" An annoyed Spike asked.

As they looked around, they soon noticed a few small figures coming from a tiny hill. It looked like they were trying to hide, and they were doing either a really good or a lousy job. The filly and her dragon friend huddled closer together in fear, unsure of what was going on.

"Did you see that?" Dorothy Belle asked worriedly.

"Yeah." Spike said.

“Did we scare you?” A new voice asked.

“Who said that?” Dorothy asked.

“I did.” The voice said again.

The two whipped their heads around to see a group of very small ponies standing in front of them; they were smaller then Dorothy Belle herself. And they were all dressed in blue clothes and they had big smiles on their faces.

“Who are you?” Spike asked nervously.

“And where are we?” Dorothy added.

“You’re in Cutieland!” One of the tiny ponies said as she approached the two. “We're the Cuties, the citizens of this fair little town.”

“That’s right. And you two are our heroes.” Another cutie added.

“What?” Dorothy and Spike asked.

“Yes because thanks to the both of you, the Wicked Witch of the East is dead and we’re free at last!” The Cuties cheered.

“Indeed you are.” A voice from nowhere said.

And that was when a big beautiful bubble in the shape of a crystalline heart floated down into the center of Cutieland, and when it touched the ground, it disappeared to reveal a beautiful Alicorn mare wearing a shimmering dress and holding a wand. The Cuties all smiled and bowed down to the mysterious mare when she descended.

“Hello. I’m Cadance, the Good Witch of the North. Welcome to Cutieland. And who are you?” She asked.

“I’m Dorothy Belle and this is my friend, Spike.” The filly said as the dragon waved at the Alicorn standing before them.

“You two must be very powerful creatures. You see, your house has killed the Wicked Witch of the East and you are the Cuties’ national heroes, young ones.” The mare said.

“Oh, please.” A new voice said.

Everyone turned their heads to look at the sky only to see a dark figure flying towards them at a great speed. When it landed with a crash, they could see that it was a tall and hideously disfigured pony-like creature. It looked almost feminine, but also half-insect. She wore a black and green garment and a big floppy hat was atop her head. The Cuties huddled behind Cadance in fear as the creature approached them with an evil look in its eyes.

“I thought you said the Witch was dead.” Dorothy Bell whispered to Cadance.

“That was her sister, the Wicked Witch of the East. This is the Wicked Witch of the West, she’s even worse than the other one ever was in thousands of moons.” Cadance replied.

"Who killed my sister?" The Witch said as she walked closer to the group. "Was it you, little unicorn?" She glared down at Dorothy Belle who was cowering in fear with Spike.

“What? No. No, it was an accident! I didn’t to hurt anypony, honest!” Dorothy Belle said, her voice wavering in fear.

“Really? …Well, then I suppose I should thank you for unintentionally crushing my sister to death… but I won’t because I’m wicked!” The creature said before looking at the pair of lifeless hooves underneath the house. The hooves appeared to be wearing a pair of sparkling red shoes. “Now, I’ll just take these little things and I’ll be on my—”

Before the Witch could finish her sentence however, the red slippers had disappeared off of the hooves in a light blue flash.

She gasped. “What?! What just happened?!? Where are my slippers?!?”

“Right there… on Dorothy Belle.” Cadance said, pointing her hoof at Dorothy Belle’s forehooves.

Dorothy looked down and saw that she was wearing the red slippers that the deceased pony was wearing before. The Witch was enraged and she snarled at the terrified filly.

“Give me those ruby slippers, you brat! Now!” She demanded, stomping her hoof on the ground.

“Hey! Dorothy Belle doesn’t have to give you anything!” Spike taunted.

“Spike, shush!” Dorothy whispered, nudging her friend with her elbow.

“He’s right. You have no real power in this part of Neighs.” Cadance said.

The Witch growled again. “Fine. But, mark my words, child; you can't stay in Cutieland forever. That's right! I'll get you, and your little dragon, too. Remember what I said.”

Spike sneered and growled at the Witch before she disappeared in a bright green flash, leaving the dragon, the two ponies, and the Cuties in a state of horror and shock. Dorothy Belle looked up at Cadance.

“Okay, that’s it. Cadance, where can Spike and I go to find a way back to Equestria?” She asked.

“Well, I’m afraid I’ve never heard of this Equestria you speak of. But I suppose you could try the Emerald Empire.” Cadance replied.

“The Emerald Empire? What’s that?” Spike asked.

“It’s the capital of our country. And the home of the Great and Powerful Wizard of Neighs herself.” Cadance answered.

“Wizard of Neighs? Is she good or evil?” Dorothy asked.

“Very good, but also very mysterious. But I’m sure she would be able to help you.” The good Witch said.

“How do we get there?” Spike asked.

“Well, you two will just have to follow this road of yellow brick. For you see, the Emerald Empire is in the exact center of the land and the yellow road is the fastest known route to get there. Do you understand?” She asked.

"Yes." The two friends said, nodding their heads.

"Good. And remember, if you really want to go home, stay on the yellow road and beware the Witch of the West. She’ll always be watching, so be careful."

And with that, Cadance activated her magic, she was back in her bubble, and her bubble was floating away, shrinking into the distance. Before giving quick glances at each other, Dorothy Belle and Spike stepped onto the road paved with yellow and they were on their way to see the Wizard of Neighs.

A few hours passed and Dorothy and Spike were still walking down the road and they eventually grew tired. They decided to sit down and rest beside a vast filed of corn stalks, only this corn was candy corn. Dorothy let out a sigh and looked at her dragon friend.

“Spike, how much further is this Emerald Empire?” She asked Spike, who simply shrugged his shoulders in response.

“For some of us, it’s a world away.” A new voice said.

“Who said that?” Spike commanded, standing up and looking around the field.

“I did.” The voice said.

Spike and Dorothy turned around and looked up to see that it was an Earth pony filly and she appeared to be strapped to a pole. She waved at them nervously as the duo made their way towards her.

“Uh… howdy.” She said.

“Hi…” Dorothy said, gaping at the sight before her.

“Who are you?” The filly asked.

“I’m Dorothy Belle and this is Spike.” Dorothy Belle replied.

“And what are you supposed to be?” Spike asked.

“Oh, right! My name is Apple Crow, a different type of scarecrow.” The filly answered. “I hang in these candy corn fields to keep the crows away, but as ya’ll can see, I’m pretty bad at my job.”

“How?” They asked.

“Because… I have no brain.” Apple Crow said, sadly hanging her head.

“Oh, I’m sorry… Hey! I have an idea! Since Spike and I are going to see the Wizard, maybe you could come with us. The Wizard could help you get a brain!” Dorothy Belle offered.

“Really?!” Apple Crow asked before falling off of her pole.

“Yeah! Cadance, the Witch of the North told us to follow this yellow path in order to find the Wizard. So, you wanna come?” Spike asked.

“Of course I do!” The scarecrow filly cried excitedly as she got back on her hooves. “What are ya’ll waitin’ for? Lead the way!”

And so, Apple Crow joined the group down the road. A while passed and Dorothy Belle, Spike, and Apple Crow were still going down the path until they came across an orchard with trees that grew rubies in the shapes of apples. As they marveled at the beautiful fruit, Dorothy Belle heard something. It sounded like muffled cries for help.

“Guys? Do you hear something?” She asked her friends.

“Hear what?” Spike asked.

“Wait! I think I hear it! It almost sounds like… a voice.” Apple Crow said.

“Let’s follow it.” Dorothy said, walking closer to the sound.

The trio followed the muffled sound until they finally discovered the source; it was a Pegasus filly, only this one looked like she was made out of metal. Spike soon found an oil can sitting close by and he squirted some onto the pony’s mouth. Soon, her jaw began to move and she started to speak to the trio.

“Oh, thank you! I can finally talk again! Can you give me more! Please give me more!” The pony said. Spike did as he was told; he kept on squirting more oil on her rusted metal joints. “Thank you so much! I thought I was going to be standing there forever.”

“Glad we could help. I’m Dorothy Belle and these are my friends, Spike and Apple Crow. Who are you?” Dorothy Belle asked.

“I’m Tin Scoot.” The filly said.

“How did you get like this?” Apple Crow asked.

“Well, about a year ago I was trying to make a scooter when suddenly; the Wicked Witch of the West came along and for some weird reason, she turned me into this metal… thing. When I tried to run after her, it began to rain and before I could do anything else, I rusted solid. I’ve been like this ever since.” Tin Scoot said.

“Wow. Why would she do that to you?” Spike asked.

“I don’t know. And to make matters even worse than they were, she took away my heart when she cast her spell. I’d do anything to have a heart again.” Tin Scoot sighed.

Dorothy Belle had an idea. “You know, Tin Scoot, we’re on our way to meet the Wizard of Neighs in the Emerald Empire and she’s going to send me and Spike home and give Apple Crow a brain. If she could do all that, then maybe she could give you a heart.” She offered.

“Wait, you mean it?!” The Pegasus said. The others nodded their heads meaning “yes” and she smiled. “It’s official! I’m coming with you!”

“Great! Follow us!” Spike said as he ran back towards the yellow path.

Hours went by and Dorothy Belle and her friends were still going down the path and soon, they found themselves in a dark forest; it was certainly much scarier and darker than the Everfree Forest back home. The group huddled closer together as they continued to walk, then they heard a twig snap in the trees.

“What was that?” Spike asked, holding onto Tin Scoot.

“Sounded like somethin’ big.” Apple Crow said, her voice wavering in fear.

“Wait! I think… I think the sound came from over there!” Tin Scoot said, pointing her hoof at a dark figure that was watching them through the brush.

They gasped and back away from the tree line when they saw it. The creature then jumped out of the trees and towards the group; they screamed and so did it. When she saw that it was scared, Dorothy Belle calmed down and walked closer to the frightened animal. As she got closer, she saw that it was a griffon with big blue eyes and a very messy mane. It almost looked more like a lion than an actual griffon

“Please, don’t hurt me! I didn’t do anything, I promise! Please don’t take me to the Witch!” It said in a terrified voice.

“The Witch? As in the Witch of the West?” Dorothy asked.

“Yes! Don’t take me to her, I’m begging you!” The creature said, cowering on the yellow road in a fetal position.

“Well, look at you! You’re nothing but a big coward!” Tin Scoot said bluntly.

“Scoot!” Spike said, nudging Tin Scoot with his elbow.

“No, she’s right. I am a coward.” The lion said shamefully.

“Oh, don’t worry. It’s gonna be okay.” Dorothy said, putting her hoof on the lion’s shoulder. “What’s your name?”

“I’m the Cowardly Griffon, though everyone calls me Cowardly Gabby. And what about you guys?” She asked.

“I’m Dorothy Belle and this is Spike, Apple Crow, and Tin Scoot.” Dorothy replied.

“Nice to meet you.” The young creature said.

Soon, Dorothy’s face lit up; she had another idea.

“Hey! You know, we’re on our way to the Emerald Empire to see the Wizard of Neighs for some help. Maybe she could give you some courage.” She offered.

“Courage? Wow, that sounds… scary.” Cowardly Gabby said, standing up.

“That’s okay, Gabby.” Spike said.

“It is?” Gabby asked.

“Yeah, I mean, you’re not so brave. I’m not so smart.” Apple Crow said.

“And look at me. I’m so empty inside I could cry.” Tin Scoot added.

“See? We all have our issues and we’re working through them together. So what do you say? Wanna come with us?” Spike asked.

“Uh… okay. I’ll come with.” Gabby said with a meek smile.

“Great! Then let’s go!” Dorothy said as she and her friends continued their journey.

And soon enough, they arrived at the Emerald Empire. It was most beautiful and most glorious city anypony had ever seen. When the group made their way to the castle throne room, they were surprised to hear a booming female voice coming from nowhere.

“Who dares disturb the Great and Powerful Wizard of Neighs!?” The voice said.

“Just… just five friends who seek a small favor.” Tin Scoot said.

In a bright flash, a large ball of pink light appeared atop the throne. Dorothy and her friends gasped and huddled together when they heard the voice speak again.

“What do you want?” It said.

“Spike and I want to go back home.” Dorothy said.

“I want a heart.” Tin Scoot said.

“I’d like a brain.” Apple Crow said.

“And I’d like some courage.” Cowardly Gabby said.

“Hmmm… very well. I’ll grant all of your wishes, if you do something for me in return. I want you to bring me the hat of the Witch of the West.” The light said.

And so, the group of friends was on their way out of the Emerald Empire and out to the land of the West where the Wicked Witch lived. Little did they know that a pair of evil, mischievous eyes watched them leave. It was the Witch of the West and she was spying on the group through her crystal ball. She cackled wickedly before saying:

“Their playing right into my hooves. Lieutenant Mantis, come here!”

An army of disfigured pony-like creature that was following another creature similar to them wearing armor approached their mistress.

“You called me, Your Grace?” The ring leader, Lieutenant Mantis said.

“Yes. I want you to bring me that obnoxious little unicorn filly and her dragon friend. I want them alive and unharmed, you hear? You can do what you want with the rest. They’ll give you no trouble, I promise you that.” The Witch said.

“We attack at moonrise.” Mantis said before giving a salute.

When the moon was high in the night sky, the group was on their way to the Witch’s castle in the far west until they saw something in the sky.

“Hey, what’s that?” Tin Scoot asked as she pointed a hoof at the sky.

“Up there?” Gabby said, looking to where Tin Scoot was pointing. “Looks like a hoard of changelings to me.”

When they heard what Cowardly Gabby had just said, everyone else just ran off while screaming in fear. The changelings quickly swooped down and attacked. Tin Scoot was thrown into a mucky swamp, Cowardly Gabby was tossed into a tree, Apple Crow was ripped to pieces, and Dorothy Belle and Spike were taken off to the Witch’s castle. At the castle, Spike and Dorothy were trapped in a gigantic spider web that was clinging to the wall.

“I’ve got you know, missy.” The Witch said to Dorothy. “So you might as well give me those slippers if you know what’s good for you.”

“What is it about these stupid slippers that you want so much?!” Dorothy demanded.

“Isn’t it obvious? Those slippers you’re wearing contain a very powerful magic, more powerful than any magic you could handle or even comprehend. And I need them to take over all of Neighs. So give them to me and I’ll let you and your friend live.”

“Forget it!” Dorothy said. “I’d never make a deal like that!”

“Fine! I’ll just do it myself.”

But when the Witch’s hooves first touched the slippers, she was blasted with some kind of magic that caused an electrical shock to run through her. She sneered at the filly.

“I didn’t do it.” Dorothy said.

“I know you didn’t do anything, you fool. I just remembered; those slippers will never come off as long as you’re alive. So be a good little filly and—”

Before the Witch could finish her sentence, Spike got himself free from his trap and he was clinging onto her face with his claws.

“That’s it! Get her, Spike!” Dorothy cheered.

“Agh, get him off of me! Ugh! Guards!” The Witch screamed.

When a swarm of well-armored changeling guards entered the room, Spike ran to the window and jumped down to the edge of the moat and back into the forest beyond. Meanwhile, Cowardly Gabby had helped her friends and they were all worried about Spike and Dorothy Belle. That was until they saw Spike himself running towards them.

“Guys! Guys!” He shouted as he got closer and closer.

“Spike!” Apple Crow cried. “You’re okay! Where’s Dorothy Belle?”

“Dorothy is still at the Witch’s castle. She needs help, our help.” Spike said, nearly out of breath.

“How can we help?” Gabby asked.

“Don’t worry, I have a plan. But I need you three to make it work. Follow me!”

Spike had led everypony down the path and back to the Witch’s castle to save their friend. When they all arrived, they stopped in front of the castle drawbridge. They could hear the Witch threatening Dorothy Belle.

“Give me those slippers or I’ll turn you into minced meat!” She screamed.

“You think I’ll give in to your demands just like that?” Dorothy asked.

Spike had already set up a seesaw and everyone stood on one side and waited for Spike to give the signal.

“Hey, changelings! What are you anyway; heartless, love-sucking vampires or just a bunch of frou-frou butterflies?” He called out.

That made the drawbridge open up and it launched Spike, Apple Crow, Tin Scoot, and Cowardly Gabby into the Witch’s chamber where Dorothy was. This made the Witch very angry; her face twitched and she snarled at them.

“Everypony… RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!” Dorothy Belle screamed when she opened the door with her magic.

Everyone ran out the door and when they made their way to the bottom of the staircase, they were surrounded by the Witch’s guards. She cackled at them as she approached them.

“Aw, how convenient. Everypony’s all together again. Thought you’d outsmart me, didn’t you?” She said wickedly as her gnarled horn glowed a sickeningly green. “How about a little fire, Apple Crow?”

And she blasted a beam of green magic at Apple Crow, which caused her tail to start on fire. Apple Crow screamed and thrashed around, trying to stop the fire. Dorothy Belle then grabbed a bucket of water from the floor with her magic and she used it to put out the fire. But she didn’t know that the water would go so far. Most of it splashed onto the Witch and she shrieked at her.

“You little brat! Look at what you’ve done to me!” She screamed as the water on her body seemed to burn parts of her own coat and flesh. “I hope you’re happy with this!”

And before anything else could be done, the Witch of the West was nothing but a pile of black robes and a puddle of gray goo. There was a long moment of silence before all of the guards cheered for Dorothy Belle.

“Hail to Dorothy Belle! The Witch is dead!” They chanted.

“Hey. If it’s not too much trouble, can we have the Witch’s hat?” Dorothy asked.

“Of course you can. And take it with you.” Lieutenant Mantis said, giving the Witch’s hat to the filly.

Back at the Emerald Empire, Dorothy Belle proudly presented the hat to the Wizard. She set it in front of the throne and backed away.

“We did what you told us, Your Grace. We have the Witch’s hat and we melted her to get it.” She said.

“Quite resourceful, child.” The Wizard said.

“Thank you. Now… can you give us what you promised?” She asked hopefully.

“Not so fast! Not so fast! You’re not getting your wishes that easily! Go away and come back tomorrow!” She shouted.

“Tomorrow?!” Dorothy cried.

“That’s not fair! You’ve had plenty of time already!” Tin Scoot said.

“I said come back tomorrow!” The Wizard commanded.

As they argued, Spike noticed a green curtain to the right of the Wizard’s throne. He ran towards it, looked through it, and gasped loudly.

“What is it, Spike?” Dorothy asked, turned her head to see Spike.

“Guys, look at this!” Spike said as he removed the curtain.

When the dragon removed the curtain, it revealed an ordinary unicorn mare with a blue coat, purple eyes, and hair in shades of white. The group gasped when the mare saw them and she froze in embarrassment.

“Who are you?” Dorothy Belle asked, walking closer to the mare.

“Oh! Who? Me? I… I am the Great and Powerful… Wizard of Neighs.” The mare admitted.

“YOU?!” Everypony cried in shock.

“Yes.” The mare said, letting out a sigh in defeat and hanging her head. “My real name is Trixie and I’ve been living in Neighs for years. And all of that stuff you’ve seen back there, it was all just special effects. I used to be a travelling Equestrian magician, performing all kinds of cheap magic tricks. So… that’s why I can’t make your wishes come true.”

“So… you’re just a big fake?!” Spike shouted, his eyes wide with shock and anger.

“Well, when you put it into technical terms… yes. I am a fake. When I was a filly, I dropped out of magic school a week after the very first day and I’ve been performing cheap stage magic ever since.” Trixie said, shamefully hanging her head.

“Trixie, you’re a bad pony.” Dorothy said.

“What? No, no, no, dear.” Trixie said. “I'm not a bad pony. I’m… I’m actually a good pony. But I'm just a bad wizard, that’s all. I never set out to trick anyone, honest. Ever since I arrived, everypony just assumed that I was this all-powerful wizard.”

“Why would they think that about you?” Spike asked.

“Because of the fireworks and special effects I could do.” The mare answered, shrugging her shoulders.

“Did you tell anyone you weren't a wizard?” Spike asked.

“No! You know the secret of show business; you gotta give them what they want.” She replied.

“Then give us what we want!” Dorothy demanded.

“Yeah!” Her friends commented.

Trixie looked at the group before her; she let out another sigh and said, “Alright, fine; you win. I’ll give you all what you want.”

That was when she used her magic to bring out a large black bag. She opened it, rummaged through it a bit, took out a small pair of glasses, and put them on Apple Crow’s nose.

“What are these?” Apple Crow asked.

“Apple Crow, you’ve asked for nothing more than a brain and a brain is what you’ll have. I’ve been told that these glasses will give you proper thoughts for the rest of your days. And it shows that you were smart enough to find a way to rescue your friends from the Witch.” The mare said.

“Really? Cool! Thanks, Trixie!” She said.

“You’re welcome, dear. Now, Tin Scoot, you asked for a heart and this will help.” Trixie said as she took out a necklace and put it on the filly’s neck.

“How will this help me?” Tin Scoot asked.

“The pearls in this necklace have been rumored to reflect and amplify any emotion you feel. And it represents the love you felt for your friends.” She answered.

“Wow. This… this is so nice of you. Thank you.” Tin Tiara said.

“Of course, happy to help. And Coward Gabby, I believe you have asked for some courage. And that is what you shall have with this.” Trixie used her magic to levitate a golden medal and pin it onto the griffon’s chest. “This medal shows the bravery you showed that you had the courage to stand up for your friends and protect them no matter what.”

“Wow! Thanks so much, Trixie!” Cowardly Gabby said.

“Glad I could help.” Now Trixie turned her attention to Spike and Dorothy Belle. “Now about you two, you want to go back to Equestria. I do have a hot air balloon, but I haven’t used it in an awfully long and I—”

“That won’t be necessary.” A familiar voice said.

Everypony looked and saw that it was the voice of Cadance the Good Witch. Her Crystal Heart Bubble floated down in front of the group and it revealed the beautiful Alicorn herself. She looked down at Dorothy Belle and Spike and warmly smiled at them.

“Cadance? What are you doing here?” Dorothy asked.

“What do you mean?” Spike asked.

“Don’t worry, you two; I’m here to tell you something very important.” Cadance said.

“What?” Dorothy and Spike asked.

“I came here to tell you that the way to get home is through those ruby slippers I gave you. They have the power to take you anywhere you want.” She replied.

Anywhere? Why didn’t you say anything about this before?!” Spike demanded.

“Because you wouldn’t have believed me… Look, this is how things work here. The thing you were looking for was there all along. Do you want to go home or not?” Cadance asked, raising an eyebrow at the filly.

“Wow, it’s that easy? This is awesome! …But… but it’s gonna be really hard to say goodbye.” Dorothy Belle said, looking at her friends.

“Yeah… Looks like this is finally it.” Spike added, frowning.

“You must be brave, Dorothy Belle. You too, Spike.” Cowardly Gabby said, trying her best not to cry.

“Goodbyes… always break… my heart!” Tin Scoot said before bursting out sobbing.

“Oh, I love you guys; I’ll never forget you.” Dorothy said sadly.

“Me neither.” Spike added.

“We’ll never forget you guys either.” Apple Crow said before all five friends brought it in for one big group hug.

“Okay. We’re ready, Cadance.” Dorothy said, looking back at the Alicorn. “What do I do?”

“You and Spike have to close your eyes, knock your hind heels together three times, and command the shoes to take you wherever you wish to go.” Cadance said.

“Ready?” Dorothy asked Spike.

“Ready.” Spike said, putting a claw around his friend’s shoulder.

Dorothy and Spike closed their eyes, Dorothy clicked her heels together three times, they took a deep breath, and said,

“Take me home, Ponyville!”

Without missing a beat, the filly and the dragon vanished in a bright flash and when they opened their eyes, they were back home. Dorothy Belle was reunited with Auntie Rare and Spike with his foster mother. Dorothy also got to keep the ruby slippers as a reminder of the land of Neighs and the friends she made there and as long as they believed, they all lived happily ever after.