• Published 11th Oct 2018
  • 1,913 Views, 25 Comments

Wrath - Chemtest

  • ...
3
 25
 1,913

Greed

Small little lesser demons of Greed rush about in the town in the distance. Larger greater demons carry with them gold encrusted blades, purely decorative and not meant for combat. I can hear one of the Chaogats sigh with it’s multiple voices as it looks upon the town, “Oh, how Kilead has fallen. We remember it’s golden days under Lord Pony Satan. The best smiths in the entirety of Tartarus, if not all of Equis. Masters in their art, until Celestia decided to replace their leader with her Captain of the Guard. These artists were forced to quell their creativity and instead make only the spears and armor for her armies. Pos convinced many higher demons to sneak away weapons when the Captain wasn’t watching. They took all they could, gold, silver, bronze, even a few ingots and weapons of iron. When they had enough to equip every demon, they rose against the Captain and slaughtered him. They became the first demons of Greed, and took over. Unfortunately the Curse screwed everything up like it did for all of our demonic brethren and sisters. We think one of us had a cousin that became a Greed demon.” It stops as it feels a glare in its direction, and it’s mask rotates to face Blue, “Is something the matter?”

She crosses her arms and huffs, unintentionally giving a show to the demons watching, “You did what I was supposed to do.”

Chaogat simply turns its head, “Then we’ll not do the exposition again.” It sees the Greed demons start to march towards us, “Oh boy! Is it time for us to flex our powers?”

I turn to face the one closest to me, “Do you think you can take out that army alone?”

They all laugh in mirth at the same time, “Think so? Our dear lord, we know so. A measly three hundred demons of Greed? Hardly even a fraction of what we could kill. But we also think this is just an advance force sent because they think they can easily crush us. However, if we could crush this army with ease, the rest will easily surrender.”

I turn to face the demon army again, “If you think you can do so, than try.”

All of them around me start to walk forward, gathering into a huge mass of fifty identical demons, all glowing with a green fire. Laughter hits us like a wave from the demons ten feet in front of us, as the chorus of voices swirl into Chaogat’s easily recognizable tone made of multiple voices. They all seem to move around their body, and throw what seem to be throwing knives into the air. They all float in a green aura above the mass as each demon throws ten of them into the air each. The laughter turns into recognizable language, “Allow us to show you a trick he showed us!”

Soon, a storm of five hundred knives floats above the demons, each burning with green fire. One of the demons in the middle float into the air as all the others lose the green flame around them. It burns brightly around Chaogat as he laughs maniacally and points at the now slowing army, “Kill! Kill them all! Show them the brilliance of our power!”

The knives all listen as they go flying toward the enemy army. They have only a few seconds to act as the knives impact against the front row of their army. Demons fall to the ground as knives dig into their bodies. Chaogat seems to be leading the knives like an orchestra, ordering them to go right, left, or into the nearest demon.

The attack leaves at least half of the army dead, and I can feel a smile coming off Chaogat’s green flames, “Now that we’re through with the introduction, it’s on to the main course!”

One of the demons gets a green fire on him, and he marches in front of the rest, holding his staff up in the air. The one floating starts to wave his staff in a circle around his head, casting up winds around him. These two simultaneously move, the one on the ground slamming his staff on the ground, and the one in the air directing his staff and the wind generated at the enemy.

The result is disastrous. The ground itself rises to crush demons underneath it, and ravines open in the landscape for unfortunate demons to fall into. Those lucky enough to survive are all slaughtered as a giant tornado runs through them. It picks up demons and their fallen equipment, creating a maelstrom of bronze and gold that slices the demons pulled into it without mercy. All except one demon there, who miraculously survives the attacks. He is much, much more bloated then every other demon out there, and he is covered in knives and pieces of flying metal.

I start to walk out toward a demon I recognize as Pos. Chaogat stops his attacks as I get closer, and golden weapons hit the ground around me. I can see Pos look up at me, and cough up a knife, “So, you chose me. I knew you were coming. I could feel them slipping away from Lordship. Stapus, Chaogat, Luvaca. All gone.”

I stop in front of him, “Luvaca? Can’t say I remember killing her.”

He coughs, “Oh, I know it wasn’t you. No, Luvaca was Tirek’s kill. I knew that in the race between you two, one of you would get here eventually. I’m so glad it was you.” He falls flat on his stomach, only managing to summon up enough strength to hold out his hand, with a mass within it, “All the demons that just died... their souls belonged to me. Take them... take mine! Tirek must be stopped from his path of revenge against Equestria! You must win... you must... we all rely upon it. She was right... Ininiara...”

I sigh as yet another name comes up, “And yet another one of you know the name of one of the Lords. How the fuck do you know Ininiara? And why doesn’t it surprise me Greed would trust Greed.”

He can barely speak anymore as he starts to pass from his wounds, “We could do so much... kill-hunt-steal. She... told me... of Wavok.” He lifts his head up one last time, his horribly bloated head leaking green ooze and blood. His eyes meet mine, “You must win... my... Anti...ch...” He doesn’t get to say the final part of his final word, as his head hits the ground, finally succumbed to his wounds. I hold my hand out to absorb his soul as he passes.

With the souls of hundreds of lesser demons and greater demons absorbed into me at once, along with another Lord’s soul, I can feel myself ascend once more. My body grows to be six feet tall, towering over even Chaogat. I feel strength run through me as my muscles grow to the size of heads. My horns grow completely curved, ready to impale anything in my way. My teeth become as sharp as blades, ready to chomp anyone unfortunate enough to get in the way. I feel my whips unfurl themselves and I look down at them. I can feel the power within them finally open itself up to me. The fire and brimstone of Bahl’s whips finally connecting to me, allowing me their power. Although it seems like something is still trapped within, hidden away from me.

I turn to face Chaogat in my new Lord form. I feel the loss that Pos talked about, “Chaogat, we need to get to Corrugat as quick as we can! That fucker Tirek is trying to get ahead of us!”

They all nod, “Well then, allow us to use our powers a bit more, we can rip open a portal for you.”