• Published 2nd Aug 2012
  • 1,073 Views, 4 Comments

Sweet Strings - DashCamp(IDBrony)



Lyra Heartstrings, she looks like a common mare, but something is different in her.

  • ...
 4
 1,073

Part 6 - Unexpected Collaboration

Julian - CsCamper - DashCamp(IDBrony)

Part 6 – Unexpected Collaboration


Another lovely year passed for the mare couple, a lot of things happened that year, from the new unicorn in town until the parasprites swarm.But none of it really bothered, they sure had drown deep within themselves, and then Bon Bon and Lyra moved together and they lived under the same roof. Bon Bon opened a candy shop while Lyra was at home doing some weird research about human, she even tried to copy human lifestyle such as how they sit, at first it felt weird to Bon Bon but she slowly turned fine with that. Lyra didn’t work much, she just did some small part time job and came home to do her research. Both of them may be busy for their own work, but there was one thing they wouldn’t forget about, their love.

That year was a lovely year, but not the whole year. One day, Lyra and Bon Bon just came home from the grocery when a familiar mare approached her. Lyra couldn’t believe her eyes and so did Bon Bon, “Octavia? Octav, is that really you?” a mare she thought she couldn’t meet anymore. Lyra asked Octav a lots of question, but Octav had forgotten about her that she even asked back about Lyra, Lyra felt sad but happy at the same time .Bon Bon didn’t seem to look very happy, jealousy filled her heart, because Octav was Lyra’s first love.

Bon Bon thought that day would be a bad day, but it turned worse, but not for her, for Octav. Lyra and Octav talked a lot, but a question from Octavia changed everything in so sudden, “Lyra, do you know where my parents are?”. Bon Bon and Lyra suddenly went shut, Lyra raised her hoof and hinted them to follow her, and Bon Bon followed them from behind. They trotted slowly to the old part of ponyville, where Lyra, Bon Bon, and the others used to live. They trotted slowly to Ponyville cemetery.

Just as they arrived at Ponyville cemetery, Octavia’s body started to shake, she tried to think positively about her parents, but everything wasn’t like what she thought. Lyra led Octav to two similar graves, with different names on the tombstone, two names which were very familiar to Octav, ‘Alto ’ and ‘Pitch’. The cemetery was suddenly filled with a heart scratching cry, the tears from Octav’s eyes dropped on the graves, Octavia’s friend, Vinyl, tried to calm her but it was no use. They could only stare at their crying friend, but not so long, Octavia collapsed.

The situation in Ponyville Hospital was very quiet, the three, Lyra, Bon Bon, and Vinyl were waiting quietly outside the hospital room. After a long time, the doctor finally came out and allowed the three mares to came inside. Octavia was sitting on the bed, she didn’t look fine. Her eyes were red and her coat and mane was messy, she really was in a mess. Not so long, Octav started to cry again, but this time, Vinyl managed to stop her tears from flowing any longer. Octav calmed down a bit and she asked another question to Lyra, about her house.

The four of them trotted back to the old part of Ponyville, they trotted carefully and finally arrived in a small old fancy house. Lyra led her friends into the house, it was wrecked, dust and cobwebs everywhere. Octav wasn’t in a good condition, she really was in a mess. She wandered around the house, searching for something. “Lia, what happened to my parents?”, Octav asked Lyra while looking around the master bedroom. Lyra was nervous, she didn’t know how to reply to her old friend, “I don’t know Octav, I...”, “Just tell me! Now!”, Octav shouted to her friend, she really wanted an answer, but the answer was worse than she thought.

Lyra told her everything, from the time she ran away until her Mom’s death. Octav heart was too soft, tears bursted out as she heard Lyra’s story. From the other room, Vinyl heard Octav’s cries, she rushed quickly to the master bedroom. As soon as Vinyl entered the room, Octav hugged her in tears, she cried hard on her friend’s shoulder, “Octav... calm down, nothing’s permanent, now... stop crying, please.”, Vinyl softly whispered to her ears. Octav released her hooves and wiped her eyes.

Octav walked out from the house, she walked to a small wrecked shop while the others followed her. Octav entered the small shop, it was a small music shop, it was very dusty. The others followed her inside, they observed slowly everything around them. Vinyl was looking at some wrecked instrument when she saw Octav at the back part of the shop, Octav was sobbing softly. Vinyl approached her slowly, but suddenly Octav stood up and ran away. Three of them was too late, Octav had already gone with a caravan.

Lyra and Vinyl started a search for Octav, but there was no result, they couldn’t find Octav anywhere. Bon Bon felt really worried, not about Octav, but she was worried if Lyra turned back to Octav. Bon Bon was scared that Lyra would leave her, forever. Lyra had gone to Canterlot for three months, she and Vinyl couldn’t find a single clue. When they were searching for their friend, a non-pony being was stalking at them, “That mare... got something strange *shaaa*”, the non-pony being then flew away out of Canterlot.

After three months of search without any result, Lyra returned back to Ponyville. Octav might be her best friend, but Bon Bon was still the most important pony in her heart. Lyra knocked softly on her front door, the earth pony opened the door and hugged Lyra. “You make me so worried!” Bon Bon shouted to her mare friend while hugging her. The moment was short yet painful, Lyra felt guilty to Bon Bon, she hugged her mare friend and apologized back to her.

Some days after, the mailmare was putting the mails in the box as usual. Bon Bon was still busy opening the shop so Lyra went and grab the letter, she opened the mail box and levitated the envelopes inside. “Brochure, brochure, adverts, debts, debts, and... a mail from Vinyl?”, Lyra looked around, she turned her eyes left and right, and no Bon Bon was in sight. She opened the mail and read the letter inside, the letter was very short.

‘Dear Lyra Heartstrings,

Octavia is back!

Your some-days-ago friend,
Vinyl Scratch'

To be continued...

*Author notes :

Hey guys, it's almost holiday here, and... that means I'll be out for some days, which means no update. I promise chapter 7 will come like in.. one or two weeks maybe?
ciao