• Published 2nd Aug 2012
  • 1,073 Views, 4 Comments

Sweet Strings - DashCamp(IDBrony)



Lyra Heartstrings, she looks like a common mare, but something is different in her.

  • ...
 4
 1,073

Part 4 - Confession of Heart

Julian - CsCamper - DashCamp(IDBrony)

Part 4 – Confession of Heart


Last week, a lyre Cutie mark appeared mysteriously on Lyra’s flank. Lyra had been trying to figure out what it is, but none of them is the answer. She has tried from washing dishes to sculpture, her lyre wasn’t the answer because she got her cutie mark not when she was playing her lyre. “Hey, Lyra. Perhaps eating candy is your talent, because you got it when you eat my candy, right?”, Bon Bon disturbed Lyra, who was thinking about her cutie mark, “Whoa.. Bon Bon, don’t surprise me like that.”, “Well... you was too serious that I couldn’t resist, haha..”, both of them giggled in joy.

Lyra wasn’t sure of her cutie mark, but one thing she was sure about, she felt different to Bon Bon. She felt the same feeling, the warmth she felt when she saw Octavia for the first time, “nononono, Lyra, no. Let’s forget about it, we can do nothing for Octavia now.”, Lyra shook her head and mumbled to herself, she tried not to remember about the sad event again. But there sure was something strange with her heart, she thought more about Bon Bon.

That year was coming to an end, and in only 3 months, Lyra was going to attend her graduation at school. She prepared a dark graduation robe, slowly put the graduation hat on her mane. “Are you ready there, Lyra?”, soft mare voice asked Lyra through her room door, “A minute!”, Lyra combed her mane and quickly rushed through the door. “Oh... Lyra, you look so beautiful in that.”, “Thank you, Mom. By the way *munch* , what da taim *munch*?” Lyra asked while rushing through two slices of lettuce sandwich. Lyra’s mom glared at the clock, “It’s 9 o’clock now”, Lyra quickly swallowed the sandwich and rushed outside, “Lyra! The graduation is at eleven, why so hurry?”, Lyra didn’t hear her mom’s question and rushed to the street, “Haha.. kids” Lyra’s mom giggled and closed the front door.

“Bon Bon, are you ready?”, Lyra shouted through Bon Bon’s bedroom window, “Eeek... Lyra, at least knock even if you come from the window”. Bon Bon was shocked a bit and almost fell down because of a chair, “Well.. sorry, tehe...” Lyra pulled a short grin on her mouth. Bon Bon replied her grin with a grin too, Bon Bon grabbed a gown with her hooves, and put it on herself, while she was changing, Lyra was staring at her, “Lyra, what are you looking at?”, “Ah.. uhm.. nothing.” Lyra replied short and pulled her eyes from her. Bon Bon grabbed the hoofcomb and combed her mane and tail, “I’m ready Lyra”, Bon Bon put away the comb and closed her wardrobe, “But... it’s still like 10 o’clock, and your graduation start at eleven, right?”, “Right” Lyra replied short with a grin on her face.

“Ah... slow down a bit, Lyra.”, Bon Bon was trotting carefully so she wouldn’t mess her gown, “Well... that’s why I wanted to go early, because I don’t want my friend to attend my graduation in a mess.”, Lyra slowed her steps and synchronized it with Bon Bon’s hoof. As Lyra thought, they arrived pretty early, Bon Bon gazed to the school’s clock tower, 10.30, but there were already lots of ponies at school, most of them were wearing the graduation robe, complete with the graduation hat.

“Lyra, you haven’t tell me the real reason why we came early.”, Bon crossed her hooves, her eyes were pretty serious, “So you can have the space at the front row”, Lyra replied calmly to her mare friend, “You lied”, Bon Bon said, but Lyra didn’t hear her. As Lyra had told her, Bon Bon stood on the front row, she felt a bit nervous. Not so long, Ms.Sharpener, their class teacher, trotted slowly to the stage, she reached the podium and started her speech. The graduation was quiet until Ms.Sharpener began calling the graduate one by one, lots of ponies went up on the stage, and it came to Lyra’s turn. “Lyra Heartstrings, and I must say, she did very well in the last 3 years, and I asked her to do a speech for all of us, please, Lyra Heartstrings to come to the podium.”, Lyra levitated the mic with her horn, she let out a slow cough, and started her speech.

“Good morning My teachers, my friends, and everypony who come to the graduation, I’m very happy to have the honour, to give a speech on this important day. I worked hard to achieve this, but... it’s not only myself, it’s because I got support from my parents, my teachers, and also my friends, especially Bon Bon. Please give an applause to her!”, everypony clapped their hooves and cheered, while Bon Bon was standing there, blushing and smiling awkwardly, after the ponies finished clapping, Lyra continued her speech. “She helped me a lot, especially 3 years ago, I hope all of you still remember about my first best friend in this school, Octavia.”, the crowd suddenly went noisy, the name Lyra said was still in their mind.

Lyra stopped a while, she wiped a bit of her tear, and continued the speech,”She was my first best friend, and all of you may have known, she ran away and her mom passed away, as her best friend, I felt really sad for her, and I went into depression. But Bon Bon, she helped me a lot, she may be a stubborn pony, but she was the one who helped me to get out of that condition, I slowly started to think better, and she motivated me a lot.” Lyra got off the stage, and slowly trotted to the front row of the audiences. “Bon Bon, thank you.”, everypony cheered out loud, and some of them cried a bit. In the crowd noises, Lyra whispered three words to Bon Bon, “I Love you”. She continued with a small kiss on her cheek, other ponies didn’t notice about it.

Lyra then went up the stage again, and finished her speech. The teachers congratulate her and continued to call other names one by one, Lyra gave one wink to Bon Bon, hinted her to meet her after the Graduation. Bon Bon nodded to her, and winked back. The graduation ended at 3 o’clock, Bon Bon was waiting at the back of the school, she was very nervous, her heart was warm. She couldn’t stand correctly, her legs were shaking. Not so long, Lyra arrived and greeted her, “Hi Bon Bon, so.. uhm... what’s your answer?”, Bon Bon’s cheek turned red, she gathered every single piece of courage in her heart, and replied with a soft voice, “Yes”.

To be continued...

*Author notes:
Damn... something sure is wrong with gog.drive, when I transfer the text here, sometimes couples of paragraphs were cut off, if you see some missing part, please tell me in the comments