• Published 25th Sep 2018
  • 264 Views, 3 Comments

Escaping From Reality - Bob936753



A little filly, named Stargazer has to cope with being stuck in the human world. She has one advantage: she can shapeshift!

  • ...
 3
 264

Chapter One

I opened my eyes and light came flooding in. I saw shelves of books of different colors, authors, and genres.

No one else was in the room at the moment, so I decided to take a look at a book. The End Of Nightmare Moon: The Beginning of Harmony? caught my eye. I picked up the book in my hooves and began to read.

Nightmare Moon's return brought Disharmony throughout all of Equestria. She kept Equestria in a shadow of darkness causing many plants to wither and die.

Nightmare Moon used this to her advantage. She forced everyone to obey and worship her or she would let them starve.

Many ponies gave in thinking there was no hope, but there were 2 groups of rebels that arose calling themselves The Nightmare Vanquishers and The Light Bringers.

The Nightmare Vanquishers work to defeat Nightmare Moon and help others under her tyrannous rule.

The Light Bringers work solely for the purpose of helping the ponies surviving from Nightmare Moon.

One day Nightmare Moon decided to take the battle to them. She had however mistaken the identities of the two groups and attacked The Light Bringers.

Desperate, The Light Bringers requested help from The Nightmare Vanquishers. They quickly accepted thinking the greater numbers.

Unlike the previous battles Nightmare Moon decided to take to the battlefield herself the next time they fought.

There has been a pony, to this day who is still unknown, that worked for Nightmare Moon realized that they had no chance of winning. This pony also realized that they couldn't reach the rebels in time and so decided to fight her themself.

The battle subsided in under an hour and the mysterious mare or stallion emerged victorious, as the sun came back up to the sky. The mysterious mare or stallion hasn't been seen after that incident, however, and had been declared the Restoration Hero for saving Equestria in its time of despair.

As I finished reading the book I found myself wondering, “Why did that seem to familiar?”

Then the door opened revealing Spike the Dragon opening the door. Realizing I was awake Spike called out, “Twilight, Stargazer's awake!”

In a flash of purple magic, Twilight teleported herself in front of me. “Star, you're finally awake! Where have you been for the past few years?”

“Star?” I thought intrigued, but seeing the reason to lie I told her the truth, “I was on a planet called Earth. I'm not entirely sure how I got there though,” I admitted.

“Earth?” Twilight quickly began levitated books off and back on the shelves looking for a certain book.

“Twilight, here's the book you want.” Spike had somehow found the book before Twilight.

"Thanks, Spike." Twilight started flipping through the book upon finding the page she wanted, she smiled triumphantly. “I knew it! Earth is the place inhabited by humans. The creatures Lyra is so interested in, but I wonder how you got there. Even Discord was unsure.”

“Is there there anypony we could go to that does know, like Lyra?” I asked.

Twilight thought about this. “Well, Lyra is very interested in humans, but she doesn't actually know much about them.” Then she saw the look on my face. “Oh I already spoke to her about this subject before as I've traveled to a human world as well, but it doesn't seem like the one you were on, because we would have found you a long time ago.”

“Is there anypony else?”

“I could ask the princesses for help, but I think we should go directly to them instead of just writing as someone could find out about you if someone who isn't supposed to sees that letter. You think you're up for it?”

“Yeah I don't see why not. It could reveal some very useful information.”

“Good, now I have to go pack. Seeing as you don't have anything to pack, though, you could try practicing your shapeshifting. Discord told me you just started relearning it, so if you use it more you may be able to get better at it,” Twilight explained. “It is possible that you may need to use it, because if anypony finds out about you they may try to use you for their own personal gain.”

I thought about this for a moment and asked, “What forms should I try changing into?”

“Well, maybe you should try turning into a pegasus or a unicorn. As a pegasus you can fly away and if you get the hang of it you can teleport away as a unicorn.”

“Okay, I'll try it out while you're packing up your stuff.”

“Right I'll see you in a little bit!” Twilight walked out of the room leaving just Spike and me.

“I don't really have anything to do at the moment. Can I stay and watch you?” Spike asked a little sheepishly.

“Eh, sure. Maybe I can do even better with an audience,” I mused.

“Alright!” Spike shouted, but then he realized I was there too, “heh heh, sorry.”

“It's alright” I replied.

Then I closed my eyes then imagined myself with wings. I felt myself spreading out my wings as they formed.

“Woah,” Spike breathed in. “That's amazing!”

I slowly opened my eyes and snapped my wings back to my side. Then I opened them again to make sure they function. A grin crawls onto my face. “They seem to be working fine, but let's see how well I can fly with them.”

I flapped my wings downwards and soon I was off the ground. Luckily this library was pretty big so I had room to work with.

I flew around the room in a big circle. Then I remembered something from the show.

I started ascending to the the top, which was actually pretty high up for a library. It seemed to go up a few hundred feet.

As soon as I reached the top I stopped for a moment to catch my breath. I prepared myself , but then Spike shouted up to me, “What are you doing? That's really high up. You could hurt yourself!”

“You'll see,” Was my only response.

I started diving, building up speed. Soon I saw an air cine in front of me and Spike’s eyes widened. I was about break the cone when suddenly it snapped back forcing me to fly up into the air.

I instinctively shapeshifted into a unicorn flaring up my horn. I was trying to teleport, but it wasn't working. Right as I was about to hit the ceiling, though, I reappeared on the ground in a flash of white. I was breathing hard, almost panting from my near crash into the ceiling.

Spike instantly ran to my side, “Stargazer, are you okay?”

“Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just a little tired,” I said.

Spike sighed, relieved. “Next time be more careful, okay?”

“Yeah, I will. Thanks for worrying about me.”

“No pro--”

Then, Twilight ran into the room, “What just happened? I heard something loud crack from my room and came to check on it.”

“I- um, may have tried to do a sonic rainboom, but failed. Heh heh,” I replied, feeling ashamed.

“But- What? That was extremely reckless of you. That’s something I would except Rainbow Dash to do!.If you failed the resulting air cone should have knocked you all the way to the ceiling! Do you know how many bones you could have broken? How are you not hurt?”

“I kinda used my powers to turn into a unicorn and teleported down here?” I replied, hoping it was the right answer.

Twilight's eyes widened. “But that's really advanced magic! Having to teleport while reducing your momentum to zero is something I learned 3 years after I turned in to alicorn. That's just how advanced it is. And to top it off you did it under pressure as well. How are you this powerful?”

While I was wondering how Twilight said all that in one breath I responded, “I'm not sure. I kinda just did it. Come to think of it it wasn't even really that hard for me. It just felt like it since I had such a short time frame to pull it off. It also felt like I've done it before and I was a little rusty at it.”

Twilight's eye twitched. “Rusty? Judging by the height of the ceiling and from time of the crack followed by the burst of magic I heard, you had about a two second time frame to pull it off and that's assuming you teleported right as you hit the ceiling! I stand by my earlier statement: How are you this powerful?

“Ugh, never mind, you obviously don't know. Let's just get going I finished packing anyways.”

Author's Note:

I hoped you enjoyed reading that chapter as much as I enjoyed making it. I will have more out soon!