• Published 21st Sep 2018
  • 344 Views, 40 Comments

The S.R.G: Phantom Girl - SaphireHoyt



It all happened far to fast for me to recall. I was standing in one spot on the road, and the next I was meters from the spot I was in, with the girl. I felt my body becoming colder, and my vision fading into black.

  • ...
 40
 344

Cake and Laughter

Time seemed to fly by, and every time I blink, the darkness of night disappears, and there's only sunlight. I'm guessing it had been about a year since I first arrived here, and I still don't know anything from about when I was able to feel. If I was ever able to feel. The tiny baby I had been assigned to hadn't aged a single day, and I was left in pure concerned wonder. The paintings of the halls seemed to take on new forms of wonder. I still had never been outside, and nor had Celectia. It was a like we were forbidden from seeing a whole world of beautiful wonder. I sometimes would get the feeling of joy when she looked at me, and I would make funny faces at her.

Now was one of those times, where she was staring at me and I was making faces at her while she laughed, only edging me on. I smiled back and giggled with her, and the maid watched her with a small smile as she cleaned up the toys that were strewn around the room.

"What are you laughing at, little one?" The voice was of a very familiar familial figure, that I had come to enjoy the presence of. Celectia practically jumped up and down, smiling in excitement as I lost her attention. I enjoyed watching her and her mother play. However, when I tried to join one time, by rolling her a ball that had been by itself in the corner, I scared mother- her mother. I felt the confusion of Celectia, and she began to whine as she looked at me and rolled me the ball. Her mother watched in slight fear, and I rolled it back making her stare at me and Celectia. She cast some sort of spell, and she looked directly at me, I swear, and she cried out in fear.

That was the first and last time I tried to have fun with them as they played. However, by ourselves, I played with her by rolling her favorite ball to her. It looked like the moon. I smiled happily as she looked at me, making faces as I did back, smiling at her. Her mother glanced back at me, and I thought for a moment she could see me, but... She looked more like she saw straight through me.

Something felt wrong, as wrong as wrong could feel. I froze and stared at her, making my face twist into a look of caution. I stuck closer to Celectia and her Mother, and looked around as I settled on her Mothers back, making her wings open in concern. I looked into the same hallway we always passed, but it was darker. Darker than usual. Her Mother stopped and looked down the hall. I opened my mouth, and made a sound of wanting to keep going, but when Celectia made the sound of fear, her Mother kept going down the hall, cautiously. I felt a sense of purpose fill me as I floated up and in front of them, glaring around.

Up from the ground appeared a red eyed goo monster, making Celectia start crying loudly as her Mother looked on with her eyebrows furrowed. I felt the need to fight, and I got into a battle position. I felt a burst of energy, and I felt my hand grip something that had materialized from seemingly thin air, and I looked fearful as I stood with this strange weapon in my hand. It charged at me, and the only thing I could do was clumsily swipe at it with the sword, and luckily, I sliced it in half. There was a flash of light, and a moment where the world seemed more colorful for me.

I, for a brief moment, was absolutely positive her Mother had seen me, and I was sure she understood that I wasn't here to harm her or her baby. Maybe she would ignore me. Maybe she would keep Celectia closer- something I hoped for. Maybe the same room. Maybe even the same hall. Maybe right next door, because I remembered something from my world. There was a monsters under the bed faze, and I was not willing to deal with that by myself.

I looked around, and found that there was a newfound scent of flowers. I smiled a little and the weapon that had appeared suddenly was gone. I found myself being dragged quickly, down the hall way to exit the corridor and heading towards the feeding room. I gained a feeling of joy suddenly, and felt the emptiness I had felt many times before. I found the door opening, and in we walked, but it was dark inside. I felt suddenly frightened, and so did Celectia, but the light flicked on and there was a lot of noise. My ears were ringing, and I did as Celectia had, and covered my eyes. I curled up in mid air as I floated. I regained my hearing to hear Celectia giggling a little at me. I looked at her and then at what she was giggling at. She was smiling at a big, gigantic, gargantuan cake. I felt my heart stop. If I remembered anything from my life, it was that I loved cake.

Disappointing, because I would rather remember what I was and who my parents were. But no time to dwell on the dark huh? I smiled as I saw the symbols on the cake, unable to read the writing. I looked confused as I sat watched it, but... There was a moment of contemplation. It was obviously writing. I guess I'll learn at the same rate as Celectia does. I smiled excitedly as Celectia was given a piece of the sweet frosting covered piece of heaven, and she took a hoof full. She stopped and froze, looking at me, and she slid it over to me, and cooed softly in question. I covered my mouth, and looked at her. She smiled at me and whined until she got a second piece. I hesitated to reach for the one she had offered me, but I took it anyways, making her Mother's eyes narrow as I picked it up and took a bite, feeling it disappear into my void of a body. I could taste it. it was so good! There was buttermilk frosting on it and everything! I almost teared up. it had been so long since I ate anything for myself. Her Mother watched in shock as the cake disappeared before her eyes, and I smiled at her, licking my hand until the frosting was gone.

From this moment on, she knew I was here. And I was OK with that, as long as she doesn't hate me.