• Published 11th Dec 2011
  • 2,135 Views, 131 Comments

A Two Pony Trick - BubblesOnMyButt



Dusk Star is a unicorn who develops a split personality which turns out to be more than it seems.

  • ...
1
 131
 2,135

The Doctor

Dusk was recovering roughly from his incident, Morning had gone off to go talk to somepony and he was starting to drift to sleep. All of his energy had been drained from the experience; it felt like he had ran for miles. Confusion, defiance, anger, fatigue. They were all emotions that would accurately describe how he felt at the moment, but there would be no reason to bother with trying to validate their place right now. Right now he needed rest, moreover he needed to speak with Dawn.

Dawn was there he was sitting on the couch that he had woke up on when they had switched places earlier. Dusk made the first point of the argument. "This wasn't what we agreed on..." Dawn acted like he was sorry but his face had a hint of smugness, like everything had gone as planned. "I'm sorry but you were in no condition to do anything, I had to take over!" His voice was sincere but there was still something about his face. Dawn didn't buy the excuse, "That's not what I'm talking about, you said that nopony would get hurt as long as you were in control and the very first thing you did was try and attack my mom!" Dawn feigned offense with that statement. Dusk now knew for sure that Dawn was one of the worst actors he had ever seen, but he kept it a secret. It may help him detect future lies if he played things off correctly. "I never tried to attack her!" Dusk had already premeditated a lie from him and was quick to respond."Then why was she so afraid of you? So afraid of me?" Dawn's expression admitted defeat but he never broke eye contact until he mad a shifting glance at the mirror. Dusk finally knew what he was plotting and turned for the mirror before Dawn could look back, but Dawn reacted faster.

Both of them ran for the mirror as fast as they could but to Dusk's dismay, it was hard to run when he had no weight. Dawn was used to this situation and made his way to the mirror with great speed. As he passed Dusk something tripped his leg and, because there was no weight to stop him, he flew forward. Dusk quickly remembered that the laws of this location were drastically different than the conscious world and fixed his error by grabbing onto the tail of the flying pony. This turned out to also be a mistake as he had no weight either and was catapulted across the room along with Dawn. They sped toward the mirror together but Dawn was still ahead and he slipped through...

The pony asleep on the couch woke up abruptly and instantly became alert. "Am I free?" He looked down at his hoof. They were not his. Dawn smiled, "It seems I am..." Then words that were not his own began to spill out of his mouth. "You get back in there right now Dawn!" The hoof that he was not looking at began to move on its own and pointed back at Dawn's borrowed face.
"Dang it Dusk! How the hay did you get out!?!", he smacked the hoof down by using the one he had control of.
"Now I know your an idiot! I was holding on to your tail!", the hoof Dusk controlled shook of the pain before lashing out at the opposite arm.
"Well, go back! I want to be in control! You have already lived your whole life in control!", his hoof now socked its opposite.

With that, Dusk knew that when he let Dawn in that morning he had made the biggest mistake of his life. One that would if he ever was given the chance, he would correct. At that point their back-and-forth war of insults and punches reached a peak and Dusk declared in a flat, serious tone, "If it's the last thing I ever do I will get rid of you..." Dawn punched himself in the face and both screamed.
"OW!"
"Aaahh! That hurt!"

Morning stood outside the door of her home talking to the doctor who was said to help with all kinds of mental and stress related conditions. "Ms. Star I assure you that whatever is wrong, I can help you." A muffled scream of pain came from inside the house followed by another. Morning opened the door in a frenzy and both she and the doctor were greeted by Dusk/Dawn rolling across the floor, screaming, with a black eye. Morning ran to them, "Stop it! What are you doing?" The colt on the ground stopped rolling when he felt a change in the air and he looked up. "He He, hi mom...", then his voice changed, "Hi lady." His body was bruised and cut and one eye was swollen and blue with a slightly visible orange iris, the other red. The doctor stared at the situation with very little to go on, Morning had only said that Dusk was changing in an extreme manner. "You know what? Give me a sec, I may need to go get something from my office...", and with that the doctor turned and left.

Minutes later Dusk sat on the chair and and the doctor sat across him. His clipboard was held at the ready for when the need for notes was required. The doctor began the session, "So Dusk, how are you feeling?" Dusk thought for a moment. To be honest the straightjacket pinched in some areas but other than that it felt cozy, Dawn would complain about it often though.
"See what you got me into Dusk? Now they think I'm crazy, are you listening to me Dusk? THEY THINK I'M CRAZY!"

The doctor sighed and began taking notes. This was going to be a long session.