• Published 9th Oct 2018
  • 497 Views, 14 Comments

Scenes and other shorts I may use in the future - Phoenix Nebula



Just a list of scenes and shorts that pop into my mind that I have no use for at the moment.

  • ...
3
 14
 497

(E) The Goddess in the Basket

Author's Note:

Another idea for a story that popped into my head. I may make a full story out of this one in the future after I have finished my other projects.

Again this is unedited and has a few plot holes here a there I'm aware of this fact. This is merely a rough draft of a prologue of sorts, so don't judge it harshly.

To Celestia,

If you are reading this letter then you have recently received a basket containing a newborn Unicorn filly. This filly is Magic Incarnate, her destiny is both set and unknown. She will either be the savior of all things or it’s destruction. Watch over her and raise her to be kind, generous, honest, happy, and loyal. She will either restore harmony or destroy it. Please raise her to be good for the sake of all that is right.

I have sent her to be raised by you because I know you can raise her to be good and I also I used your genetic template to create her. By that fact she is your daughter.

Signed,

Harmony


Celestia looked up from the letter she was reading to look at the small basket laying before her on her bed. A million and one thoughts and questions where running through her mind. The one thought that struck her first was the fact that Harmony the balance of the universe had sent her a unicorn filly to raise and teach. She had been sent a filly in a basket with a letter by the universe itself. THE UNIVERSE HAD GIVEN HER A DAUGHTER!

“Stars above,” Celestia muttered and pressed her left hoof to her forehead as all this information came crashing down on her. It was a lot to take in, after all, it’s not every day the universe gives you a daughter to raise with the possibility of her either saving said universe or destroying it. It felt almost like a cruel joke, for it was not just a night before where she had wished she had someone to share her kingdom with. She would be lying if she hadn't thought about having a little filly or colt to raise and care for, but she never had time for it. Being the sole ruler of Equestria meant that she had very little time for herself.

That’s a lie and you know it. She winced at her own subcountince. She let a sigh escape her lips. It was true she could easily have delegated more responsibility to her advisors and council members, but instead, she had buried herself in her work for the last nine hundred and eighty-one years. It was all in an attempt to distance herself from others for fear of getting attached. It had resulted in her ponies seeing her as some sort of goddess too far away to touch. It was partially true.

In many regards, she was a goddess of sorts; she was almost entirely deathless, there are very few beings in history that could pose a threat to her, and they were all locked away or in hiding and week. She wasn’t merely just the chaperone to the sun, she also was, in many regards, the sun itself. It was a part of her and a part of it, but she wasn’t omniscient, omnipotent, nor omnipresent. She could torch the entire solar-system if she wanted to. Not that she ever would, but still she had incredible power… though she really only had a few settings to that power. She feared that one day she would have to end up destroying all of Canterlot in an attempt to save the rest of the world. Thankfully the last thousand years had been relatively peaceful meaning she had no need to fight.

Celestia let loose a groan of frustration as she realized her mind had taken a tangent. What was she even thinking about? I swear I’m going to have to start asking Quick Wright to start cataloging my thoughts, she mused. Siad musing was cut off when a soft whimper reached the alicorns ears.

“Oh, right the universe deemed it necessary to give me a daughter,” She remarked sarcastically. The filly’s whimpers soon turned into soft cries as she stuck her front hooves into the air looking for someone to comfort her. A sigh escaped Celestia’s lips as she reached out with her magic. The filly was gently lifted from her basket and brought over to the alicorn. “It’s okay little one I’m here…” She said awkwardly as she deposited the foal into her forehooves.

As Celestia began to rock the filly back and forth her cries quieted and turned back into whimpers. After a few more moments the filly’s whimpers stopped and her eyes opened. When she saw Celestia looking down at her she cooed happily reaching up her hooves in an attempt to grab the mare’s snout. Celestia felt a smile spread across her muzzle.

“Hmm… maybe this isn’t so bad. You are rather cute.” She said. The filly replied with more coos and gurgling. Celestia’s smile soon vanished, however, as the reality of the situation fell upon her. I’m a mother now… and my daughter is destined for something important. Again more questions were running through her head this time accompanied by worries. Celestia needed answers, this was not the first time she had interacted with Harmony. Her first encounter with the balancing force of the universe was when she had earned her cutie mark and became linked to the sun. Harmony had talked to her in her dreams the following night and there she learned how important her world was to the balance of the universe. The last time Harmony contacted her was after she had banished her sister. Harmony had told her that she had upset the balance… That had hurt almost of having to banish her own sister. Now almost a thousand years have passed and Harmony sends her a filly in a basket with a simple letter. It just didn’t make sense.

She needed to be sure this filly was really what the letter said she was. Reaching out with her magic once more she cast a few spells. The first would test the fillies age… Two days old, okay so she is a newborn. Next was a spell that checked for genetic similarities… She poses 50% of my genetic code, the rest looks engineered… Okay, so she was genetically related too. Like the letter said genetically she was Celestia’s daughter. The final spell was something very few ponies could do and was more like a trait than a spell. Reaching out she felt the filly’s wellspring… WHAT!? She screamed internally and let out a gasp. This filly’s wellspring was massive! Way larger than that of a normal unicorn foal. In fact, her wellspring is twenty-four times that of what most ponies are born with. What’s more is that her wellspring is growing faster than usual too. The filly also possesses divinity, despite being only a unicorn.

“What are you?” Celestia asked aloud. The filly just stared at her blankly before sticking her hoof in her mouth and began to suck. Yes, you are cute but that didn’t answer my question. She looked back over to the letter laying face down on the bed... This filly is Magic IncarnateMagic incarnate is that possible? She wondered turning back to look at the filly again. You are either going to save everything or destroy everything… There was no doubt that the letter was indeed real, but that didn’t answer her question as to why in this form? She could feel a headache coming on. Again, she let loose a sigh of frustration. I don’t have much choice, do I? I just hope I can raise you right… Stars above I’m actually a mother, I have a daughter who has the power of a teenage alicorn and she is only two days old!

“I have a daughter!” She exclaimed. Again the reality of the situation was hitting her at full force. The filly giggled at her mother’s shocked expression. I don’t even know how to rais a foal! I don’t even have the supplies I need to raise a filly! I’ll need to get diapers and baby food! No, wait she’s only two days old she needs to drink milk… Her eyebrows scrunched together. How am I supposed to feed her I’m not lactating!? Well, there is medication for that... She brought her right hoof to her forehead with a resounding smack. The filly giggled at her mother’s antics. Right, formula is a thing I could just get that… though would it be better if she got the milk from me? I’ll have to ask some of my maids who have children. I’ll also need to have Quick Write make a list- Celestia gasped loudly as another realization hit her like a locomotive. “HOW AM I GOING TO EXPLAIN THIS!?” She yelled.

“WAAA!!!” The filly cried at her mother's outburst. Celestia winced at her daughter’s wails.

“Shh, it’s okay,” She said softly rocking the filly back and forth gently. “It’s okay, mommy’s here,” Mommy, it feels so strange, but it also feels… natural. She mused mentally as she continued trying to calm the purple filly down. After a few minutes of rocking and hearing her mother’s voice, the little unicorn’s cries became sniffles. “See your okay, I’m sorry for yelling…” Celestia said in a kind, soft voice before craning her neck down to nuzzle her foal. My foal… The filly hugged her mother's snout and cooed happily. The alicorn chuckled before pulling away, much to the little ponies discontent.

Again the smile on her muzzle faded. Is this a good idea? Will she be able to handle the pressures of being a princess? Will I be able to be a good mother? These uncertainties refused to leave the Alicorns mind. Maybe I should find a couple to raise her instead? Celestia looked back down at the filly in her forelegs. She was looking back up at the older pony with curiosity. Seeing that her mother was looking back at her the foal gurgled happily and reaching up her hooves towards the alicorn. No! I cant! It was strange but Celestia felt unwavering desire to protect this little foal from harm. Is this what every mother feels?

Celestia’s thoughts were interrupted as she felt the tug of her magic telling her it was time to set the sun. Letting loose another sigh Celestia began to get off her bed. She stood on three legs while using her front right to hold the filly against her chest. The princess made her way to the balcony adjacent to her bedroom. The sun was low on the horizon as it should be for this time of day.

Doing as she always did at this time Celestia closed her eyes and reached out to her connection with the sun. The sun began to set but just as it dropped below the horizon the sound of a baby's giggles caused her to peak out her right eye. The filly seemed to glow in the twilight and her eyes sparkled in aw at the setting sun. Once the sun had set Celestia turned her full attention to the filly. Twilight Sparkle… that’s a perfect name! Gently Celestia picked up the filly in her magic and brought her to eye level with the alicorn.

“Twilight Sparkle, how about that?” Celestia asked the purple filly. Twilight gurgled happily and cooed. Celestia smiled. “Welcome to Equestria Twilight Sparkle.” Celestia smiled at her daughter. I can't give her up. I was given a responsibility to raise her, she is also my daughter and I’ve given her a name. “I promise Twilight I will be the best mother any pony could wish for,” Celestia said with finality in her voice. Her choice was made.

“Come on I need to tell the palace staff they will have a new princess to serve.” Twilight cooed happily at her mother. Celestia placed Twilight back in her right foreleg and made her way to the bedroom door. The alicorn stuck her head into the hallway and addressed her guards standing there. “Tell the palace staff to assemble in the castle’s dining room in twenty minutes. I have an announcement to make.”

“Yes, you’re highness.” They said in unison and gave a solute before swiftly walking down the hall to do as they were asked. While they were getting the castle staff together Celestia had to come up with a speech to explain the situation. “I hope they accept you Twilight,” Celestia said as she slipped her head back into her bedroom.