• Published 9th Oct 2018
  • 492 Views, 14 Comments

Scenes and other shorts I may use in the future - Phoenix Nebula



Just a list of scenes and shorts that pop into my mind that I have no use for at the moment.

  • ...
3
 14
 492

[T](V,G)Twilight's Return

Author's Note:

I wrote this in about two hours. Just a few thoughts and ideas I kind of strung together in a few scenes. Remember this is just a rough draft so I'm fully aware of there being errors and mistakes. This is only to show ideas.

“She’s made it back on the continent,” Chrysalis said with mild irritation in her voice to the figure.

“So she has… hmmm…” he trailed off.

“I could take care of her just send me out and I’ll sever her head from her body as I did with the other elements,” she said with a lick of her lips as excitement flashed in her eyes.

“I don’t feel that is necessary she is only a unicorn, a powerful one at that yes, but she is no goddess… send out Onix after her. I would like to see how well his training has been going,” he finished. Chrysalis knew better than to argue with him, not that she gain anything from being uncooperative anyway. Chrysalis left to do as she was commanded.

“Hmm… let’s see if you're as amazing as you appear Twilight Sparkle…”


“Thank you all for your hospitality but I must continue on my journey,” the hooded unicorn said to the mayor of the small fishing village.

“Of course, anything to give back for what you have done for the world,” the pale green earth pony said. The mare shook her head.

“I have done nothing but kill othe-”

“You killed those who harmed and abused those who they saw as lesser, you fight against those who are truly evil and you spare those you believe can be redeemed.”

“I act as judge, jury, and executer. I am hardly better than those I kill.”

“Do you think you are better than me?” the pony asked. The hooded mare looked insulted by the question.

“No, of course, no-”

“Then you are better than them, that fact alone makes you better, and the fact you do not want nor crave the power you possess shows that you are more deserving of it than anyone else,” the pale green mare countered. The hooded pony remained quite. “We can all feel it you know…” the mayor turned back to look at her small village.

“Feel what?”

“You’re power, we feel your divinity. Like all mortals, we can sense when a god or goddess is nearby. We can all feel it in you.”

“Another thing I wished to not become. Mortals do not need gods to rule over them, gods are greedy and exploit mortals.”

“Not all gods are selfish… I still remember your mother after all.” The hooded mare tensed at that statement, but the mayor didn’t seem to notice the physical reaction under the unicorns cloaks.

“And look what happened to her…” she mumbled.

“But she was still good at heart, and so are you,” she countered again and once again the hooded pony was silent. “And you say that mortals don’t need gods, but we argue that we do, and we always will. We not only need gods to guide us and protect us, but we want gods to look up to and to worship… many in the village have already begun praying to you…” the earth pony smiled. The hooded unicorn frowned.

“I do not wish to be worshiped… I do not deserve such a thing…”

“But you do, everything I have pointed out and everything you have done shows that you have more than earned the right to be worshiped as a goddess. Word of what you did in Gryphonia has reached far and what you have done here will spread to the rest of Equestria. When you eventually slay the King I can guarantee the world will bow to you as it’s Queen.”

“... I do not wish to rule…” the earth pony sighed but nodded at the unicorns statement.

“Very well… but many will still worship you even if you do vanish after your mission is complete… and I wish to do this one thing…” The mare bowed deeply before the hooded unicorn. “Thank you for everything your majesty to us and me you will always be our queen and goddess.” The hooded pony opened her mouth to protest but stopped before closing her mouth and nodding. The earth pony stood up straight once more.

“I’d do anything to protect ponies…” the unicorn said before turning around and continuing on her way. The village mayor watched the hooded pony walk away for a few more moments before turning around and returning to her village.



The unicorn had walked for a few hours without much happening. It was strange really in Gryphonia she could bearly go twenty minutes without some monster trying to kill her, now she was rather bored with nothing to do. Though the more she thought about it the more she sort of liked it, it felt like she was starting to regain some sense of normality to her life. Too bad it didn’t last, as she felt a presence approaching. She stood in an open field except for the edge of a forest about eighteen meters to her left. The presence was not coming from her left, though, in fact, she couldn’t quite pinpoint its direction. She remained motionless for a few more seconds before her head suddenly snapped up. She quickly rolled over to her right and a good thing she did because where she had been standing a bloom of dirt has shot into the air as something had impacted the ground there. The cloaked mare came out of her roll unscathed and quickly turned to face whatever had just tried to crush her.

“You sensed me coming, impressive, for a unicorn at least. I masked my divinity so I’m quite surprised you sensed me coming. Though I’m kind of glad you did, it wouldn’t have been as fun if I had just crushed you,” a young male voice spoke from the small crater in the dirt. Once the dust settled she could see the pony who had attacked her and her muzzle became a deep frown at what she saw. An alicorn… a male alicorn at that. He was only slightly taller than her, but then again she was tall for a unicorn so that wasn’t the best comparison. He had black fur and a shaggy, gray mane with a silver and black streak running through it. Considering his mane was not etherial he was young in fact he sounded fairly young and the way he stood also portrayed that as well.

“Is the king sending children after me now?” she remarked. The alicorn looked very offended.
“Hey! I’m nineteen I’m an adult!” he countered with a stomp of his hoof. Oh yeah, he is definitely still a child.

“Hmm… so you are, but you are still young, at least to me…” she remarked. The alicorn scoffed at that.

“Whatever, I’m still stronger than you, and I will stop you and your rampage of destruction!” he exclaimed like he was some sort of storybook hero. The mare just furrowed her brow.

“Rampage of destruction is that what the king told you?” she asked.

“Of course he did, he sent me here to stop you from killing any more innocents,” he explained. That made the mare’s blood boil in rage, but she didn’t show it and quickly quelled the emotion.

“So he tells you. I could just argue that I haven't harmed any innocents, but you obviously wouldn’t believe, me no matter how true it is,” she remarked. The alicorn looked a little taken back by that like he expected her to go on some sort of evil monologue. “I have no real interest in fighting you my quarl is with your king and I’d rather not harm someone who has so much of there life still ahead of them. So please don’t hinder my progress I have no interest in harming those who do not deserve it.”

“What? You think you could actually harm me!?” he laughed. “I’m an alicorn and your just a unicorn you are no match for me! Do not think you can trick me Twilight Sparkle I know what you are.” The mare just sighed.

“So he told you my name, yet he didn’t even tell you where I come from, my origins?”

“It doesn’t matter and I’m getting bored just talking,” he said with mild irritation, He lit his horn with a pale blue aura and a long slender blade of the same color appeared at his side. Once more Twilight let out a sigh of frustration.

“Very well then…” she said as she too lit her horn in its signature violet aura. The aura of magic grasped and undid the clasp of her cloke around her neck. She lifted the cloke off her body showing her scarred lavender fur underneath. Onix looked a bit unnerved by how many scars crisscrossed the mare’s body, her left cutie mark was almost unrecognizable under all the healed cuts that it looked to have sustained. The mare neatly folded her cloke before gently setting it down far behind her so it was out of the way. Once that was done she too cast her blade; a light-violet long-sword-blade came into existence next to her. “Let’s see if you are as powerful as you think you are,” she said while pointing her blade at her opponent. Onix grinned with excitement and made the first move.

The alicorn charged forward and gave a mighty slash at the unicorn. Without so much as a twitch in her body, her blad rose up to meet his and she effortlessly batted it away. The alicorn’s eyes grew wide in shock and then pain as a pair of back hooves impacted his chest. With a hard flap, he propelled himself away from his opponent. When he landed he looked forward to seeing she had vanished and panic struck his heart. Where di- he didn’t even get to finish his thought as a clap of magic came from his left side and the feeling of two hooves impacting his side. He was sent into a roll, but he recovered quickly, landing back on his hooves. Again a clap of magic came from his left and he swung horizontally at his opponent. His blade was once again knocked aside and this time a hoof connected with his jaw causing him to stagger. He bearly even recovered before once again he was hit in the side and sent spiraling. However, before he could once again right himself he was forced into the ground landing on his right wing, followed by the snapping of bone. A cry of pain escaped his throat, and tears burst forth from his eyes. He struggled to his hooves, but when he looked up the point of a blade looked back.

“You need to work on your swordplay,” Twilight said simply. The colt just stared in shock before he bowed his head in defeat.

“Please be quick…” he pleaded. He sat there waiting silently to be killed, but it never came. The sound of magic dispelling enter his ears and he looked up to see the unicorn just looking back at him silently.

“I told you I don’t kill innocents,” she stated. Onix just stared at her in shock. His vision darkened before going black as he lost consciousness.

Twilight frowned as the young stallion collapsed before she let out a sigh and lifted him up. Looks like I’ll have to set up camp…

Comments ( 3 )

These seem all connected in some way, honestly, they seem more like scattered pieces of a single story or series rather than scattered pieces of different stories.

9778549
Yeah, I've noticed that myself and have considered how I would combine them in a single story.

10130388
If you can't write this story, can I? I like the concepts and I would try to do you proud.

Login or register to comment