• Published 1st Aug 2012
  • 2,486 Views, 26 Comments

More Stories Featuring Seth - KenSES64



Seth Disarmonia is a creation of Discord, who's become friends with the Wielder of the Elements, but that's the main story, Spawn of Disharmony. This is side stories of that fic. Have fun.

  • ...
9
 26
 2,486

Daring Do Vs. Batcolt

Daring Do vs. Batcolt

Spike and I were in the middle of the park, I was reading from a spell book, as a small crowd started t from around us.

“Okay, this seems easy enough to do, so you ready to settle this?” I ask Spike.

“Oh yeah, and after this you’re so going to owe me five bits.” He said.

“We’ll about that.” I said as I shot a beam from my horn, then images started to play, kinda like a movie.
_____________________________________________________________________________
*Note: Seth's text is in purple, and Spike's is in green.*
_____________________________________________________________________________

In the world of fiction there are many great heroes, that inspire us and we look up to.

Like Daring Do, the world famous adventurer...

...and Batcolt, the guardian of the night.

He’s Seth, and I’m Spike.

And it’s our job to analyze their weapons, armor, and skills to find out who would win a Death Battle.
______________________________________________________________________________

Daring Do

Type: Pegasus
Special Talent: Adventuring
Occupation: Treasure Hunter
Adventurous, fierce, and undeniably, unquestionably, unstoppable
Has great natural sense of direction
Wears a explorer’s hat and dark olivine shirt
Seems to always be able find a vine to swing on whenever she really needs one

Daring Do is a world renowned explorer and archaeologist. She spends most of her time in the Feline Jungle, raiding lost temples.

Yet, unlike some other explorers, like her rival Ahuizotl, she doesn’t keep these treasures for herself, and tends to give them to museums.

As a pegasus pony Daring Do is, of course, able to fly, yet tends to say on the ground more, and when she does fly, her abilities are basically average.

Despite that on her hooves she is quite fast and agile. Being able to outrun or dodge almost any danger that comes her way or work with whatever environment she’s in. Even when she can’t, she’s a master escape artist, and has so far been able to get out of all death traps she’s been put in. Yet, that is also because she is a quick thinker and also has an I.Q. of 175, making her a genius.

She carries a whip with her, that she can use with great skill. She can easily disarm somepony, pull down stuff like pillars, and use it to swing on whenever she can’t use her wings and there are no vines to be found.

She doesn’t have many other weapons, but she can use her hat for defence. It’s thick enough to stop arrows. Which has save her life more times than you’d think it would. She dealt with practically every known species. From Griffons to Diamond Dogs, and Changelings to whatever the hay Ahuizotl is suppose to be.

This is one adventure you don’t want to get in the way of.

“Another day, another dungeon.”
______________________________________________________________________________

Batcolt

Real Name: Bruce Mane

Type: Earth Pony

Special Talent: Detective Work

Occupation: Head of Mane Industries.

Net worth is 6.9 billion bits

Orphan

Has 12 Master’s Degrees

The dark knight is a master of the shadows, using intimidation as a weapon, he patrols the streets of Clopham City.

You know you’re doing something right when ponies are afraid of just your shadow.

After his parents were murdered right in front of him by a common thug, Bruce Mane dedicated his life to fighting criminals. He’s studied 127 fighting styles and perfected escape artistry. Like Daring Do he can get out of any trap.

He has pushed the limit of the pony body, and has great aim and reflexes.

The batsuit was designed to be the ultimate flexible combat armor.

While the pointy ears are a bit much for me. The armor can stop knives and arrows. His cape can also be used as a glider.

That’s not all the gadgets from Mane’s never-ending funds, his utility belt has dozens of different tools that can get him out of any situation.

Proving that money is the best superpower.

Some of his tools include a grappling hook, smoke bombs, and his famous batarangs. Which is has many types of, from the regular razor sharp ones to electric and explosive.

Yet, his greatest skills are his skills as a detective, and he’s able to predict a foe’s movement.

While he has no weaknesses that can be taken advantage of, he’s not perfect, and his mental state is questionable.

Lets see, his parents were killed right in front of him as a foal, he uses his money to fight crime dressed as a giant bat, and keeps hiring 12 year old sidekicks. Yeah, he’s clearly not all there.

Doesn’t matter he’s the Celestia damn Batcolt.

“I am vengeance, I am the night, I am Batcolt!”
______________________________________________________________________________

Alright, the combatants are set! Let’s end this debate once and for all!

IT’S TIME FOR A DEATH BATTLE!
______________________________________________________________________________

Deep in the jungle a certain dark yellow pegasus scanned the area for her opponent. That’s when a bat-shaped boomerang landed right in front of her hooves, sticking out of the ground. Then a grey earth pony wearing a black armored suit, and cape jumped out of the shadows.

FIGHT!

Daring Do took out her whip and cracked it right at Batcolt, who blocked it with his foreleg, and the whip wrapped around said leg.

Both fighters pulled on their ends of the whip in a tug of war, trying to take it away from the other. Daring Do even took to the air, but that didn’t help much. Even so she kept biting down on the handle.

Seeing that it was a stalemate, Batcoil took out one out his batarangs and quickly cut the whip. Daring Do still pulling, spun out backwards. After she recovered, she flew down to dive bomb the stallion. Seeing the attack coming, Batcolt took a smoke pellet out of his belt and smashed it on the ground surrounding himself in a smokescreen.

Daring Do stopped and flapped her wing furiously to blow away the smoke, which revealed that the masked vigilante was gone. Daring looked around, trying to spot where he could of gone. Then another batarang was coming right at her head, She closed her wings, landing on the ground, and making the batarang stick in a nearby tree. She smile, until she heard beeping. Suddenly the batarang blow up, making the tree come down where she was standing. Daring Do rolled out of the way, the tree missing her by inches.

Daring turned to the direction from where that batarang came from, and rushed into the jungle looking for her opponent. She came out from the other side of the trees to see a large temple. Daring slowly smiled, but then remembered the task at hoof, though she made a mental note to check it out later.

The next thing she knew she was socked in the face by Batcolt. She recoiled, almost falling over. She glared at the earth pony, and spat out some blood. The adventurer jumped onto the superhero, and the started exchanging blow for blow.

Daring was coming out worse for wear, so she grabbed onto Batcolt and took off into the air.

Batcolt tried to struggle, getting his forelegs around one of her wings. He then started bending it till the was an audible snap sound.

Daring Do let out a moan of pain as she started to descend into a crash landing. Which Batcolt was able to free himself from her grip and used his glider-cape to land safly on the ground.

Daring landed hard on her side, but was able to get back up. Right as she did, more batarangs were thrown at her. Even with the pain of a broken wing she still dodged them all. She started looking around, and with her usual luck, was able to find a nearby vine. She ran right at it, and jumped up, wrapping her forelegs around it. She swung around, come back to drop kick Batcolt, making him roll a few feet away.

As he was getting up, Daring Do let go of the vine, ran right at him, turned 180 degrees, and bucked him right in the face, sending him back even more.

As she tried to repeat this, Batcolt smashed another smoke pellet on the ground, shrouding himself in the smoke. Daring Do, unable to blow it away like last time just ran right into the smoke cloud, hoping to capture her opponent. She ended up hitting nothing, but the air. Suddenly there was a sharp pain across her throat, the smoke cleared, and Daring Do fell to the ground, bleeding from the jugular.

Batcolt stood not far away holding a batarang in his mouth that’s tip dripped with the blood of his pegasus opponent.

K.O.
______________________________________________________________________________

Darn it!

Daring Do and Batcolt were practically even when it came to their reflexes, so I came down to their arsenals, which put Daring at a disadvantage.

Her whip don’t serve her well, since Cat Mare uses a whip as well, and Barcolt has dealt with flying opponents before, so this was nothing new.

After all she tried had failed, she resorted to just blunt attacks, which didn’t really help her. The second she ran into that smoke cloud, and was unable to see it was all over. Batcolt stayed hidden in the smoke and slit her throat.

I guess Daring Do wasn’t cut throat enough.

The winner is Batcolt
______________________________________________________________________________

The spell disappeared and Spike and I noticed that the crowd of other ponies had at least tripled. It was silent for a few seconds, and then they exploded in cheers.

Some even shouted suggestions.

“Celestia vs. Luna!”

“No, Goatku vs. Superstallion!”

One even shouted “Seth vs. Spike”, for some reason.

I turned to my dragon coworker and said, “Well, do you wanna give them what they want?”

“Sure.” He responded.

“You still owe me five bits, since I was right about Batcolt.”

“How about we do that you vs. me one, double or nothing?”

“Deal.”

Author's Note:

Special thanks to RLYoshi for letting me do this.

Also, no most likely I won't do any more Death Battles, this was more of a joke chapter. I'll just leave these to RLYoshi, he's the professional.