• Published 5th Sep 2018
  • 1,547 Views, 14 Comments

Cutie Mark Crusaders Pranksters - RebelNarrator45



Three fillies, three targets, and untold pranks

  • ...
2
 14
 1,547

Preparing for Pranks

"Well, now what?"

The question loomed over the Cutie Mark Crusaders as they sat in thier clubhouse after yet another failed attempt to get thier marks. This one had been making Equestria's Largest Cupcake...or trying to. They had succeeded only in making what could be called Equestria's Largest Mess, resulting in getting them banned from Sugarcube Corner for the rest of the week. After cleanup and repair work, that is.

"I think we give up." Sweetie Belle said tiredly. "Spending the afternoon scrubbing frosting off of ceilings is just plain exhausting."

"Yeah." Apple Bloom spoke up. "Ah ain't never aimin' to break the record for biggest cupcake ever again."

"Me neither." Scootaloo admitted. Then she brightened. "I know! Why don't we try pranks? I know some good ones! And Dash will think I'm awesome!" She noticed the deadpan stares and added,"Er...I mean, maybe we'll get cutie marks?"

"Eh, worth a try." Sweetie Belle said.

"Yeah!" Apple Bloom agreed. "Though we gotta watch our pranks. We get caught playin' a real mean one, Ah won't sit down for a week!"

The other two grimaced at that.

"Ok, so who do we go for?" Sweetie Belle asked.

There was a long silence as they pondered thier options. Then Scootaloo shot to her hooves.

"I got it!" She said. "Celestia, Luna, and Cadance will all be in Ponyville tomorrow. Lets rig up something for them! Something epic! Something that'll go down in history! Dash'll be so proud!"

"You're joking, right?" Sweetie Belle asked.

Scootaloo shook her head. "Nope!"

"Ah hate to say this, an' burst your fun," Apple Bloom said. "But we can't prank the princesses."

"Aw, come on!" Scootaloo said. "It'll be fun! I bet nopony has ever dared to do it before!"

"Yeah, maybe cause they could send ya to the moon!" Apple Bloom said.

"Or put you in a dungeon!" Sweetie Belle piped up.

"Or banish ya from Equestria to some far off land!" Apple Bloom said.

"Girls, come on." Scootaloo said. "Its just a prank! And anyway, whoever heard of banishing a filly? Look, its all in good fun and we'll pick a safe prank. What could go wrong?"

Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom exchanged looks before saying in unison,"Everything!"

Scootaloo groaned. "It'll be fun! Come on!"

"Fine." Sweetie said. Apple Bloom gave a nod.

Then together they chorused,"CUTIE MARK CRUSADER PRANKSTERS, YAY!!!"

***********************************

The first thing about pranking is to study up on your victims...er, I mean, targets. The best way for the CMC to do that was to go see the expert. So they made thier way to Twilight's castle.

"You sure we should do this?" Sweetie Belle asked nervously. "Suppose she gets suspicious?"

"Just play it cool, Sweetie Belle. Just play it cool." Scootaloo advised. "Let me talk, ok?"

Sweetie Belle nodded in agreement, while Apple Bloom just looked skeptical.

They knocked at the door, and it was opened fairly quickly.

"Hi, girls!" Twilight greeted them enthusiastically. "Come in!"

The fillies entered and Twilight shut the door. She smiled down at them.

"What can I do for you?" She asked.

"I...um...you...we...I mean..." stammered Scootaloo, at a loss.

Apple Bloom rolled her eyes. "Let you talk, eh, Scoots?" She muttered to her friend, then looked up at Twilight and smiled.

"Twilight, would ya happen to have some books on Pricesses Celestia, Luna, and Cadance? Ya know, like what they like, an' don't, an' has anypony ever pranked 'em...that kind of stuff."

Twilight laughed. "Well, I'm not sure about the prank part," she said. "But yes. I have books you can read about the rest of it. This way, girls."

She led them to her library and levitated several books from the shelves, stacking them neatly next to the Crusaders.

"Have at it!" She said cheerfully. "I'm going to run some errands, but feel free to stay and read as long as you like. Spike isn't here, he's at the Boutique, so you have the place to yourselves. Have fun!" She trotted out.

"Wow!" Sweetie Belle said. "All these books!"

Apple Bloom was already sitting down reading one. She looked up.

"Well, get to readin', girls!" She said. "Ah don't want to risk Twilight comin' back and hearin' us if we're talkin' pranks!"

The other two settled in to read. Things were quiet for a long time. Finally, Scootaloo yawned.

"This is so boring!" She said.

"Maybe," said Sweetie Belle. "But we gotta know our targets."

Apple Bloom stretched. "Well, Ah think Ah know one thing." She said. "So far, all the ones who have tried to attack Celestia have been defeated! Or destroyed. Ah don't like either of those options."

"Yeah, but those were wars." Scootaloo said. "We're just talking pranks."

"Well, what if they get mad and destroy us?" Sweetie Belle didn't look too happy.

"Chillax, will you??" Scootaloo said, sprawling on her back. "This will be so easy and fun! They'll never see it coming. And they won't destroy us, either."

"Chillax?" Apple Bloom echoed, staring at her. "Ah think ya might be spending too much time with Rainbow Dash."

"Girls, if we're doing this, we need prank ideas for each princess!" Sweetie Belle spoke up. "Something fitting. That they won't banish us for. And that our sisters won't be really mad about."

"Tack in thier chairs?" Apple Bloom suggested.

"Psh!" Scootaloo said indignantly. "Anypony can do that! It needs to be epic!"

"Well, uh..." Sweetie Belle searched her brain frantically for pranks Dash had pulled on Rarity. "Die their fur or something?"

"Ooh, that's good, Sweetie!" Scootaloo cried excitedly. "We can use that one! We'll dye Princess Celestia's fur, um...blue or green or something!"

"Works for me!" Apple Bloom said. "But what about the other two?"

They all sat in silence for a bit, pondering what could be done to the other two princesses. Suddenly Sweetie Belle yelled,"I got it!"

"What is it?!" Apple Bloom and Scootaloo asked breathlessly.

"Well, Cadence is the princess of love, right? Suppose we make a love potion and give it to a few stallions, to make them run after her? It'll be funny to see her trying to deal with it!"

"Um, one thing with that," said Apple Bloom, frowning. "She's already married, remember? What pony would go after her?"

"Well," Sweetie Belle said, rubbing her hoof along her neck. "We can use a potion that'll only last a very short while. You know, like maybe an hour? And then she won't have to deal with it very long."

"That's...actually pretty brilliant!" Scootaloo stated, folding her forelegs.

"So now we just have Luna." Said Apple Bloom. The fillies sat still, thinking.

"This one is hard." Sweetie Belle said.

"Hey, what if we cover her in itching powder or something?" Scootaloo offered.

"Too classic." Apple Bloom said. "This has to be good. Real good."

"What if we used itching powder, and put sneezing powder too?" Scootaloo asked. The other two shook thier heads.

We have to think of something!" Scootaloo said mournfully. "They'll be here tomorrow and we need our pranks. And after all the work we're going to, it better be worth it!"

"Yeah! Bet we get our cutie marks!" Sweetie Belle said enthusiastically.

The return of Twilight at that moment cut thier excited pranking chatter short. Twilight smiled at them.

"Did you enjoy the books?" She asked.

"Oh, yes, ma'am!" Sweetie Belle said.

"Did you find out whatever you wanted to know?" Twilight inquired, as she started levitating books back to thier appropriate spots.

"Yeah!" Scootaloo said. "And if you'll excuse us, we, um, we got some Crusadering to do, so, um, bye!!!"

The three fillies fled, leaving an astonished Twilight in thier wake.

Tomorrow was gonna be great! All they had to do was set the stage, and then, let the pranking begin!

Scootaloo nailed thier shared sentiments with the most used phrase of her big sister/idol:

"This is gonna be so AWESOME!"

Author's Note:

This is my first attempt at a story that is more than one chapter. I'm hoping you guys enjoy it! Let me know!

Also.....if anyone has any prank idea for Luna...

I can't think of one right now to save my life!